• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K18 |OT| 1,000 VC needed to enter thread.

Glass Joe

Just got the MyPlayer expired thing on Switch but I have no e-mail from them. What do I do?

I just got the same message and figured it out. Go to 2ksports.com and create an account with the email address you used for your mycareer. Check your email for a confirmation link. Then go back to the switch and type in your birthdate and email address when prompted. I just went into myplayer in the game and all my stats were still there.

I'm not even gonna bother doing anything on switch atm. Everything just gets corrupted LOL.

I'd gotten my first "corrupted" message last night. There's a major issue about Sleep Mode and this game, it seems to kick the console offline entirely. I closed completely out of the game, restarted my Switch, and was able to log in fine after that. My stats were still intact, thankfully, when I went into myplayer.

Crazyorloco

I'd gotten my first "corrupted" message last night. There's a major issue about Sleep Mode and this game, it seems to kick the console offline entirely. I closed completely out of the game, restarted my Switch, and was able to log in fine after that. My stats were still intact, thankfully, when I went into myplayer.

On the switch I feel there are some very apparent things 2k Games needs to address:

-There are currently some audio popping glitches (switch) which thankfully do not happen during gameplay,
-sleep mode disconnections (switch),
-infamous myplayer/mycareer file corruption error (on switch, but effecting the console versions as well).

I wonder if they even Beta Tested this game. I mean it's the same game every freaking year with little changes...There shouldn't be so many problems.

Once these issues are patched up this will be a 10 out of 10 game for me.

Xbox/PS4 users did the patch fix the myplayer issue?

Zafir

I just got the same message and figured it out. Go to 2ksports.com and create an account with the email address you used for your mycareer. Check your email for a confirmation link. Then go back to the switch and type in your birthdate and email address when prompted. I just went into myplayer in the game and all my stats were still there.

?

You don't need to create any new account, just using the same email address/details will get you your stuff back. I've had to do it twice now.

Furthermore unless I'm blind you can't log into the nba account on the 2k nba site with Switch because there's no option for it. The FAQ post saying to do that only works if you're on Live/PSN/Steam.

I'm stuck redoing it every 48 hours until they respond to my ticket about not receiving an email.

That's the thing, I'm not even trying to play online with this thing. Even my offline files get corrupted without ever connecting online.

Glass Joe

?

You don't need to create any new account, just using the same email address/details will get you your stuff back. I've had to do it twice now.

Furthermore unless I'm blind you can't log into the nba account on the 2k nba site with Switch because there's no option for it. The FAQ post saying to do that only works if you're on Live/PSN/Steam.

I'm stuck redoing it every 48 hours until they respond to my ticket about not receiving an email.

I hadn't received a confirmation email either. In fact if you go to the 2k website, there's an option "Missing verification email?" I tried that and still didn't get an email. The problem - as far as I can tell - is that I wasn't getting the email because I technically didn't have an account. So my advice is to actually sign up on the 2k site. You'll then get a verification link and *hopefully* your info won't expire again.

That's the thing, I'm not even trying to play online with this thing. Even my offline files get corrupted without ever connecting online.

Do the game modes you're playing give virtual currency (VC)? The game seems to force a connection with their servers to verify/tally VC, whether you want it to or not. I haven't tried every mode but I think just about everything gives VC.

Crazyorloco

When you press X to manage your mycareer files what do you see? I ended up seeing my file there eventually. it does delete out of nowhere from time to time though.

Doing this grind is like playing Civilization or one of those "Just one more quest/turn" games.

I convince myself this round of 9 is the last and then I somehow just keep saying "Eh one more can't hurt"

Doing this grind is like playing Civilization or one of those "Just one more quest/turn" games.

I convince myself this round of 9 is the last and then I somehow just keep saying "Eh one more can't hurt"

Got 50,000 VC atm and it's resulted in a temptation to create a new player.

Might go with a guard so I can dribble around like a twat.

Got 50,000 VC atm and it's resulted in a temptation to create a new player.

Might go with a guard so I can dribble around like a twat.

I am still utterly clueless as to what I'm going to do.

Another hard thing is to decide what to make as your primary or secondary.

I thought about doing Passing as a primary and defending as a secondary but I don't want to be Rondo :(

Slightly leaning to shot creator/playmaker or playmaker/3. Really just have no idea, and what sucks is how much it costs to put into one player cause you just can't take anything back. I just want to get this right the first time.

It will help to know what people are experiencing in PA though. Can you get away with not having defender as a type? How is dribbling and passing if that's not your type?
I'm more of a passer but I'm not much of a dribble god. I am curious what kinds of passes and lobs and how well I can navigate around if playmaker isn't my type.

Korezo

Anyone play this game on a 4ktv? I'v only played mycareer and park so far but the game definitely doesnt feel like its running at 60fps. Game doesn't feel responsive or smooth at all.

RR30

I thought about doing Passing as a primary and defending as a secondary but I don't want to be Rondo :(

Slightly leaning to shot creator/playmaker or playmaker/3. Really just have no idea, and what sucks is how much it costs to put into one player cause you just can't take anything back. I just want to get this right the first time.

It will help to know what people are experiencing in PA though. Can you get away with not having defender as a type? How is dribbling and passing if that's not your type?
I'm more of a passer but I'm not much of a dribble god. I am curious what kinds of passes and lobs and how well I can navigate around if playmaker isn't my type.

I'm gonna wait for the dust to settle with the bugs and stick with my team for now. Then read up on best archetypes and go from there.

jmizzal

They have an article on VC in NBA 2K on OS asking have they crossed the line, they have different editors responses.

Mike Lowe's responses is completely ridiculous

This is part of it

"For instance, we can all agree that it's not ideal to have to pay VC for a new haircut in NBA 2K, but at the same time games have remained at $60 for how many years now? It's a bit of a miracle that gaming prices have stayed stagnant, and I think we actually have VC to thank for it on some level. For someone like me who spends the majority of their time in franchise modes, VC is actually beneficial because it keeps the cost of a game at $60"

https://www.operationsports.com/vc-nba-2k18-crossed-line-acceptability/

That is BS, this game cost at $60 becouse it sales millions at that price, and even then 2K releases a $99 version and $149 version which is more then that last few years, gaming companies are not about to raise prices of base games that would piss of consumers, it has nothing to do with VC

At least the other editors on OS are ripping into 2K on the VC thing

Eh guys, just lost my MyPlayer...

What are some things I can try on my own to get my 71 back? I just created a new save, quit to PS4 menu, relaunched game and it's still 60...
Now going through the Proving Ground hoping it will pop back up once I hit the streets. Wtf...

Rockeeo

Anyone play this game on a 4ktv? I'v only played mycareer and park so far but the game definitely doesnt feel like its running at 60fps. Game doesn't feel responsive or smooth at all.

4k mode has some framerate issues for me that I did not notice last year at 4k. It seems to be 60 fps most of the time during gameplay. Almost everything outside of gameplay is 30 fps. The pregame shootaround feels crappy since it is 30 fps.

I was hoping for a 1080p/60 fps mode for the PS4 Pro like Madden 18 had (gameplay and cutscenes run at 60 fps).

I don't think I like or play myPlayer enough to dedicate playing time to grinding, but I'll give it a try because I still refuse to spend money on VC on principle.

I always spend most of my time in play now or NBA Today anyway so even if they start banning for it, I'll survive.

Ensoul

I read on reddit someone posted that it would take 240 games to get an 86 rating if you get an A+ rating every game, B would be 300 and a C would be 360 games.

Most people who work simply don't have that much time to grind for a 86 rating.

The thing is I don't mind the whole VC thing if it is done correctly. Problem is they went off the deep end this year. The prices of everything are too expensive and the amount of VC they give is too low.

Well, I get what he's saying. Games haven't taken into account the cost of inflation (if there is any inflation?) and microtransactions have helped prevent a price hike

but that doesn't excuse them from making a basketball game a damn MMORPG and we have to pay 2$ for a haircut that we don't even get to keep, price hikes in cosmetic items every year, aren't shoes like 5$ bucks now in VC money? Oh and guess what, they aren't even shared across characters. You have to rebuy them, again!

It's terrible. VC and 2K have literally one of the worst microtransactions going on and they keep doing it because the YouTubers and Streamers help them and give them a steady income while just others just blindly throw them money because "what's 20$ here and there"

I read on reddit someone posted that it would take 240 games to get an 86 rating if you get an A+ rating every game, B would be 300 and a C would be 360 games.

Most people who work simply don't have that much time to grind for a 86 rating.

The thing is I don't mind the whole VC thing if it is done correctly. Problem is they went off the deep end this year. The prices of everything are too expensive and the amount of VC they give is too low.

it's been off the deep end ever since they got stuff like park working well enough for people to bother investing money into it

We'll see if the pricing structure is sustainable--realistically the servers have only been good enough for MyPlayer to be a thing for what...since 2k16? We'll see if gamers will continue supporting this over say, 5 years.

I've got a 6'10 pure lockdown small forward at the moment and I'm absolutely impotent on offence. Dunks max out at 70 so if there is an open lane I can drive to the rim but that's about it. No jumpshot whatsoever. I know I'm big and a bit heavy but my lateral quickness maxing out at 68-70 doesn't seem worth sacrificing all offensive threat. The guy I run with most in the park is a post scoring rim protector so I'm a bit redundant at times.

I've never been one for dribbling, last year I had a lockdown point guard and a shot creator which was a lot of fun. Figure I will try something new, need ankle breaker and dimer so I can create space in the park for my teammates. Got three builds in mind at the moment, playmaker primary with 3pt secondary or a combination of playmaking/shot creating in either order.

They have an article on VC in NBA 2K on OS asking have they crossed the line, they have different editors responses.

This is part of it

"For instance, we can all agree that it's not ideal to have to pay VC for a new haircut in NBA 2K, but at the same time games have remained at $60 for how many years now? It's a bit of a miracle that gaming prices have stayed stagnant, and I think we actually have VC to thank for it on some level. For someone like me who spends the majority of their time in franchise modes, VC is actually beneficial because it keeps the cost of a game at $60"

That is BS, this game cost at $60 becouse it sales millions at that price, and even then 2K releases a $99 version and $149 version which is more then that last few years, gaming companies are not about to raise prices of base games that would piss of consumers, it has nothing to do with VC

That's laughable.

Eh guys, just lost my MyPlayer...

What are some things I can try on my own to get my 71 back? I just created a new save, quit to PS4 menu, relaunched game and it's still 60...
Now going through the Proving Ground hoping it will pop back up once I hit the streets. Wtf...

https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012518547

Man I was on Twitter and I didn't know the MyCareer deleting was affecting *this* many people. This shit feels so scammy to me. I sent a trouble ticket a few days ago just in case I ever feel like re-visiting the game and I haven't received a response after following all the steps.

With all this, I must say I'm impressed with NBA 2K18 and the 2KTeam. They convinced me to do something that EA hasn't been able to do in 12 years: buy an NBA Live game.

So a SG 6'8 Finisher/Shot Creator Speed maxes out at at ~80. I'm currently 77 Speed with two notches left. That's kind of refreshing to see. I think Speed got torched in the last games the taller you are.

I don't mind sticking with this build any more. I should be able to blow past most builds that have Sharpshooter as primary.

Got MyPlayer up to a 70. I have the next two days off to grind some more lol.

About fucking time.

https://kotaku.com/nba-2k18-is-riddled-with-microtransactions-1818554307

But yeah....OS is a fucking joke and most of them are shills for 2k. Bitch mod basically threatens to ban people for repeatedly voicing displeasure but homers can run amok in there untouched.

Dude told me "Your comments only induce rage" while some other idiot goes around in other threads to parade his pro-2k opinion in places it doesn't make sense, and he doesn't say shit to him.

Pathetic group of stans.

Thread on OS finally up about Kotaku. That idiot behindthearc proceeds to say "could care less about this negative news" can't use that saying correctly and he's a shill. I actually PM'd that guy where you can get games early and regret it.

Some people just want to stay dumb. Incredible.

Jagsrock

Banned
yeah i went from wanting to get this game now to probably waiting till a sale. Will probably pick up Live before I even touch this game cause the VC nonsense needs to stop. It's absolutely outrageous that something as simple as improving your player is bogged down by collecting virtual currency that is literally dribbled down at the slowest possible pace. 2k has a good product here but they've ruined it with their greed.

cHinzo

So a SG 6'8 Finisher/Shot Creator Speed maxes out at at ~80. I'm currently 77 Speed with two notches left. That's kind of refreshing to see. I think Speed got torched in the last games the taller you are.

I don't mind sticking with this build any more. I should be able to blow past most builds that have Sharpshooter as primary.

Got MyPlayer up to a 70. I have the next two days off to grind some more lol.

What's ur speed with ball though with ur SG? Mine is slow as hell. Thank god the triple threat is amazing this year. The jab step into spin is my favorite move this year to either get to the basket or create space for a shot.

Justified

About fucking time.

https://kotaku.com/nba-2k18-is-riddled-with-microtransactions-1818554307

But yeah....OS is a fucking joke and most of them are shills for 2k. Bitch mod basically threatens to ban people for repeatedly voicing displeasure but homers can run amok in there untouched.

Dude told me "Your comments only induce rage" while some other idiot goes around in other threads to parade his pro-2k opinion in places it doesn't make sense, and he doesn't say shit to him.

Pathetic group of stans.

Thread on OS finally up about Kotaku. That idiot behindthearc proceeds to say "could care less about this negative news" can't use that saying correctly and he's a shill. I actually PM'd that guy where you can get games early and regret it.

Some people just want to stay dumb. Incredible.

Must be talking about Mood Muzik

What's ur speed with ball though with ur SG? Mine is slow as hell. Thank god the triple threat is amazing this year. The jab step into spin is my favorite move this year to either get to the basket or create space for a shot.

Just left so I can't tell you the exact number ATM but off the top of my head, my ball handling was a 72 with 4 notches left so ball control should be 60~ish.

cHinzo

Just left so I can't tell you the exact number ATM but off the top of my head, my ball handling was a 72 with 4 notches left so ball control should be 60~ish.

Yeah that's about the same as me and it's so sloooow. I wish speed with ball would at least hit the 70... >_>

deadfolk

Think I'm going to save my accumulated VC until the save issues are fixed. Hopefully I'll have a better idea what to spend it on by then.

Is it possible to experiment with various characters in myPlayer before spending anything or making any irreversible decisions?

Yeah that's about the same as me and it's so sloooow. I wish speed with ball would at least hit the 70... >_>

Haha good thing I don't plan on being a primary or secondary ballhandler. I'm just tryna dunk on fools.

Think I'm going to save my accumulated VC until the save issues are fixed. Hopefully I'll have a better idea what to spend it on by then.

Is it possible to experiment with various characters in myPlayer before spending anything or making any irreversible decisions?

Nope, not this year. Before, you could see exactly how much a stat would max and what not but since the separated the screens, we don't know what the caps are. The only thing we can do is kind of estimate (1-2 pts per upgrade?) or wait until one of these websites fill out info on it. That'll probably take a long time however.

Then again, I'm sure someone should be able to data mine the Pc version for that info.

deadfolk

Haha good thing I don't plan on being a primary or secondary ballhandler. I'm just tryna dunk on fools.

Nope, not this year. Before, you could see exactly how much a stat would max and what not but since the separated the screens, we don't know what the caps are. The only thing we can do is kind of estimate (1-2 pts per upgrade?) or wait until one of these websites fill out info on it. That'll probably take a long time however.

Then again, I'm sure someone should be able to data mine the Pc version for that info.

I was thinking more like, trying a few different characters with different archetypes or whatever they're called to see which suits me before settling one one character. I don't know enough to make a choice in advance without playing for a while with different builds.

It's ridiculous, but the combination of the VC situation and broken saves has me frightened to just jump in and try things or without knowing what to expect.

crazyprac

Yo not sure if mention but I get serious slow down during cutscenes. I get all the audio but it outpaces the character models.

Edit: on the switch.

Man everything slow... Walking around the neighborhood at 5fps...

I was thinking more like, trying a few different characters with different archetypes or whatever they're called to see which suits me before settling one one character. I don't know enough to make a choice in advance without playing for a while with different builds.

It's ridiculous, but the combination of the VC situation and broken saves has me frightened to just jump in and try things or without knowing what to expect.

Well, you could just make a new MyCareer. Press X or Y or whatever it is on MyCareer and then you can make a new one. You'll have to suffer through unskippable cutscenes tho lol

deadfolk

Well, you could just make a new MyCareer. Press X or Y or whatever it is on MyCareer and then you can make a new one. You'll have to suffer through unskippable cutscenes tho lol

Thanks. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I'll just watch YouTube while the cutscenes run. I wasn't sure if you could do it multiple times and didn't want to try it in case you could only do it once and I'd be stuck with my ill advised choices.

Might be a stupid question but how do I know if my character got deleted?
For me there was simply no save file when I went to launch MyCareer from the main menu.

Started a new save file, all progress got deleted, medal progress!!!!, clothing unlocks (didn't have many), level reset to 60, attributes back to scratch, but hey luckily 2K remembered my face and got my name and chosen team right!

For me there was simply no save file when I went to launch MyCareer from the main menu.

Started a new save file, all progress got deleted, medal progress!!!!, clothing unlocks (didn't have many), level reset to 60, attributes back to scratch, but hey luckily 2K remembered my face and got my name and chosen team right!
I see my save file with the overall I left off with but it said Ill have to make a new character so I quit out the game and now it keeps saying I can't connect to 2k servers. I'm really starting to regret my purchase.

This is part of it

"For instance, we can all agree that it’s not ideal to have to pay VC for a new haircut in NBA 2K, but at the same time games have remained at $60 for how many years now? It’s a bit of a miracle that gaming prices have stayed stagnant, and I think we actually have VC to thank for it on some level. For someone like me who spends the majority of their time in franchise modes, VC is actually beneficial because it keeps the cost of a game at $60"

tumblr_inline_o2dd5aX0oN1senj6w_500.gif

jmizzal

Up to 40k VC... Lol I hope this stays unpatched until this weekend when I can spend a few hours on it.

If they did patch it, I think the only thing they will do is lower the VC you get for your first game.

But IDK if they will do something or not, since it is a grind to do this and mostly people who are not gonna pay for VC anyways are doing this haha

So I need 58k more VC to max my player out, I have to do the 10 save as myleague thing 5 more times lol

Well, I get what he's saying. Games haven't taken into account the cost of inflation (if there is any inflation?) and microtransactions have helped prevent a price hike

but that doesn't excuse them from making a basketball game a damn MMORPG and we have to pay 2$ for a haircut that we don't even get to keep, price hikes in cosmetic items every year, aren't shoes like 5$ bucks now in VC money? Oh and guess what, they aren't even shared across characters. You have to rebuy them, again!

It's terrible. VC and 2K have literally one of the worst microtransactions going on and they keep doing it because the YouTubers and Streamers help them and give them a steady income while just others just blindly throw them money because "what's 20$ here and there"
Bullshit, if they increased game prices there would still be microtransactions.

cHinzo

I just played my first two Pro-Am games, my character is a 6'7" SG which is pretty big and got put at the PG position. :\ Had to guard those really fast 6'2" PGs. On the other hand, this happened in my second game lol:

Got my first triple double in Pro-Am! :D Also both times player of the game for that extra VC.

ViciousDS

Banned
Well VC is never going anyway. This is why this shit is so supported on the OS forums and will NEVER EVER go away.

Check this shit out

You really think 73% achieved that 90 through the myleague method? Nope

This means 70% of ALL NBA 2k players buy the high ass edition OR buy a shit ton of VC.

This game is fucked, it's only going to get worse.....way worse

Reviews needed to absolutely trash this aspect of the game and low score it's ass for this

Well VC is never going anyway. This is why this shit is so supported on the OS forums and will NEVER EVER go away.

Check this shit out

You really think 73% achieved that 90 through the myleague method? Nope

This means 70% of ALL NBA 2k players buy the high ass edition OR buy a shit ton of VC.

This game is fucked, it's only going to get worse.....way worse

Reviews needed to absolutely trash this aspect of the game and low score it's ass for this

I can't imagine the mental gymnastics required for people to condone this.

Top Bottom