• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

LionPride

Banned
Of course you would say that. We all get it that you hate the Clippers and everyone on their team.

And you're just as bad as bread with your Celtics bias.
Oh now, I think Chris Paul is one of the best PGs to play the game, he's in my top 5 probably. I like Blake, I like Redick, I like DJ, I just know that team is fucking cursed so no matter how good they are they ain't ever winning

And the Celtics ain't even a team I really care about. They in a position to succeed down the road and I'm excited to see either the Timberwolves vs them or the Bucks in the finals a couple years from now, but Bradley was better this year.

Bread

Banned
Yes, I used scoring numbers to indicate he couldn't have possibly been destroyed. And I also used my eyes when I watched the NBA Finals games multiple times. Yes, he used pick and rolls, but what guard doesn't? He scored plenty of times on Klay in isolation as well.
Klay completely neutralized Kyrie in ISOs. The Cavs were forced to change their game plan after the first couple games because he was so ineffective against Klay.

Totally agree. He carved Klay up the whole series.
No...no he didn't at all.

https://fansided.com/2017/06/06/kyrie-irving-2017-nba-finals-klay-thompson-defense/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ng-defense-pivotal-role-game-3-win/102619020/

Boogs31

Oh now, I think Chris Paul is one of the best PGs to play the game, he's in my top 5 probably. I like Blake, I like Redick, I like DJ, I just know that team is fucking cursed so no matter how good they are they ain't ever winning

And the Celtics ain't even a team I really care about. They in a position to succeed down the road and I'm excited to see either the Timberwolves vs them or the Bucks in the finals a couple years from now, but Bradley was better this year.

Well you've stated that the Celtics are better than a healthy Clippers team and I can't fathom how someone would come to that conclusion without being a Celtics fan. The Clippers have 3 all NBA players. The Celtics have 1 all NBA player that is a minus defensively. There's a huge talent gap between the two teams that even Brad Stephens elite coaching can't make up for.

And I get why you would think Bradley was better because he has more of the wow plays were he completely prevents a dude from going anywhere and then picks his pocket. He's a good defender. But CP3 is amazingly consistent doing all of the things that aren't highlight plays. Stuff like getting around screens, communicating switches, and being in the right spot in help side defense. CP3 is an amazing player on both ends of the floor without ever doing anything that wows you.

Boogs31

Klay completely neutralized Kyrie in ISOs. The Cavs were forced to change their game plan after the first couple games because he was so ineffective against Klay.

First off I don't want to come off as someone who doesn't think Klay is a great defender, he is. But having said that, I think you're over valuing the first two games in your assessment. Kyrie's best three games offensively were games three thru five. It was the same story in last year's finals. The Cavs as a team did not come to play in the first two games. When the Cavs won in 7 it was games 3 thru 7 that Kyrie played his best.

Cornbread78

Oh man, he's definitely better than Bradley:

tumblr_nm41tjbiP11qbqbieo1_400.gif

I thought Curry had the bad ankles...

Boogs31

Oh man, he's definitely better than Bradley:

tumblr_nm41tjbiP11qbqbieo1_400.gif

I thought Curry had the bad ankles...

I didn't realize we could show clips of players from previous seasons to confirm they aren't good currently. I also didn't realize getting scored on by the MVP disqualified you from being a good defender.

TTG

Klay definitely should have made it. Not that it matters because we all saw him against Kyrie and Love in the finals, but still, this stuff is the official barometer and they're way off.

Klay was a lot better defensively in the finals than Draymond in each of the 5 games by the way. Green was allowing corner 3s and in foul trouble all series.

Klay definitely should have made it. Not that it matters because we all saw him against Kyrie and Love in the finals, but still, this stuff is the official barometer and they're way off.

Klay was a lot better defensively in the finals than Draymond in each of the 5 games by the way. Green was allowing corner 3s and in foul trouble all series.

It's a regular season award. Finals don't have any effect.

The NBA Haters’ Ball

Possession by possession, there are a few defenders who are as bad as Wiggins. When Wiggins contests a shot, opponents have a 56.1 effective field goal percentage; when they are unguarded, they have a 56.4 eFG percentage. Fundamentally, getting a shot up against Andrew Wiggins is the same as getting an open shot.

But GAF told me the Cavs should have hung on to him. He would have helped against the Warriors.

Kickz

✔
@ESPNSteinLine

League sources say Minnesota, in the wake of the Jimmy Butler deal, remains intent on trading Ricky Rubio as it searches for more shooting.
10:28 AM - 26 Jun 2017

Thibs really hates Rubio for some reason

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Thibs really hates Rubio for some reason

Giving up on Rubio for nothing is stupid. The only reason they should move on is if they can land a CP3 (not happening) or Lowry / Hill which I guess is possible? Still think they could spend the money it'd take to get those guys at more important upgrades at other positions though

Kickz

Giving up on Rubio for nothing is stupid. The only reason they should move on is if they can land a CP3 (not happening) or Lowry / Hill which I guess is possible? Still think they could spend the money it'd take to get those guys at more important upgrades at other positions though

Thibs trying to be the anti-Danny and spending as many assets as possible

Replacing Rubio with CP3 or Lowry while getting assets in a Rubio deal would be a really solid move in my opinion.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Replacing Rubio with CP3 or Lowry while getting assets in a Rubio deal would be a really solid move in my opinion.

I mean obviously but I just can't see a scenario where CP3 actually picks them instead of taking the most money staying in LA or signing with the Spurs or Rockets etc. But hey they just got Jimmy Butler for not a whole lot so I guess anything is possible.

Cornbread78

I mean obviously but I just can't see a scenario where CP3 actually picks them instead of taking the most money staying in LA or signing with the Spurs or Rockets etc. But hey they just got Jimmy Butler for not 7a whole lot so I guess anything is possible.

If he doesn't take his super-max deal from the Clips, he will get sooo much shit from the NBAPA..

phanphare

Banned
from Dwight's media availability

"that's the reason why I said I was working on those 3's is to really just build a confidence up to shoot shots anywhere on the floor but I don't plan on stepping out and shooting 100 3's this year but if I do I hope you guys cheer for me"

lol

LionPride

Banned
I just want Jrue or Hill and JJ in this offseason. And to somehow trade Dieng

I think a big problem here is WIggins is played out of position as a SF because Lavine played SG. He should be moving back there now with Butler at SF.

I don't think a change in position can fix the fact his shot contest is literally useless. This is just lack of defensive effort and skill plain and simple.

Nafai1123

Banned
So if I'm reading this right, there is (at least) one person who did not vote for Draymond, Gobert, OR Kawhi for first or second all-defensive team? All of them got 99 votes total.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
It sure would be stupid. There's been a litany of Rubio rumors, and I assume that drives a lot of this stuff. If they can improve at the 1? Sure, I guess. But are Lowry or Hill going to be the best place to spend their cap space? Are they going to be that much better than Ricky? I kind of doubt it. Thibs should probably explore every possibility to improve the team, but the prevailing wisdom that Ricky is the problem with this team is dumb. He's not a toxic asset. He's a good player on a relative bargain of a contract. I sure hope they don't move him for cap space.

Sanjuro

I will always ride for Ricky Rubio and his dreamy eyes.

But do you ride and/or die?

Wolves fans need to be happy. Everything about Butler coming there is, "Wow. Chicago has no idea how to run a professional basketball team. That dude loves his ex-coach."

DJwest

from Dwight's media availability

"that's the reason why I said I was working on those 3's is to really just build a confidence up to shoot shots anywhere on the floor but I don't plan on stepping out and shooting 100 3's this year but if I do I hope you guys cheer for me"

lol
Lmao, MJ will fry that guy

Top Bottom