• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

This is insane.
Lonzo-Ball-Accepts-2017-MGM-Resorts-Summer-League-MVP-Trophy.jpeg

How about the summer league mvp's?

I feel like there's only a handful of teams Pau wouldn't start on and following his career(well starting with LA) it seems he makes the teams he's on better with his presence. And now he's got a 3. Unless he falls apart health wise, but that must be a risk they're gonna live with.

That being said, I don't know what SA's plans are. Are you saying they want to pull a Miami and only have like 2 people under contract for 2018?

Don't know, but I figured they'd be in running for the 2018 LBJ sweepstakes. I'm guessing they might be gearing up for 2019.

jdstorm

Banned
I don't think that's the max free agent they want

Why not? Boogie put up similar numbers to Lebron last season with a better 3pt% and He's significantly younger. Boogie also plays a position where they dont already have a superstar (Kawhi)

The Spurs would ideally want a max level PG and C to pair with Kawhi while Wall and Cousins were pitched as a package deal. That was San Antonio's master plan.

Ronin Ray

Why not? Boogie put up similar numbers to Lebron last season with a better 3pt% and He's significantly younger. Boogie also plays a position where they dont already have a superstar (Kawhi)

The Spurs would ideally want a max level PG and C to pair with Kawhi while Wall and Cousins were pitched as a package deal. That was San Antonio's master plan.

Where are you pulling this form? Pop wants to coach boogie ????

jdstorm

Banned
Where are you pulling this form? Pop wants to coach boogie ????

There were a whole bunch of rumors that Boogie + Wall was an offsesson package deal. Simmons/The Ringer was pushing it especially hard. The Spurs fit is just common sense. (And was probably said by Simmons/Ringer first but i cant be bothered to go look for sources)

Besides Mike Malone loved coaching Boogie and Pop is signing up for USA basketball of which Boogie is a member. Thats a non issue.

Ronin Ray

There were a whole bunch of rumors that boogie + Wall was an offsesson package deal. Simmons/The Ringer was pushing it especially hard. The Spurs fit is just common sense. (And was probably said by Simmons/Ringer first but i cant be bothered to go look for sources)

Besides Mike Malone loved coaching Boogie and Pop would is signing up for USA basketballof which Boogie is a member. Thats a non issue.

Dealing with boogie a whole season is a different animal. Saying it's a non issues is crazy. Once he starts to loaf on defense pop isn't going to be nice and is anyone sure boogie can take a year of that. With that said I would take him 10 times out of 10 over LMA.

CD'S BAR

Question now what do you take for Kyrie?

Who knows what offers they're getting but if I'm Gilbert I say fuck it and get Carmelo if NY can include some younger guys/picks. Then watch as Lebron, Rose, and Carmelo bolt next summer Lol and you can rebuild. Assuming Carmelo will still waive his shit for Cavs.

jbug617

Banned
Guess the pitch the Cavs gave to Rose.

CLEVELAND -- Derrick Rose and the Cavaliers agreed to a one-year deal for $2.1 million contract Monday after spending the day together, discussing how the team will return to the Finals without Kyrie Irving.

Rose, 28, the 2011 NBA MVP whose career has been hampered by knee injuries, is on his way to the Cavs looking for the first trip to the Finals after eight pro seasons. He's also looking at a potential starting spot in the same lineup with LeBron James, now that Irving has asked for a trade and James is eager to see him off.

Rose has spoken to James, who welcomed his new teammate on Monday.
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2017/07/derrick_rose_cavaliers_agree_t.html

So Cavs want wings and picks for Kyrie?

bionic77

Who knows what offers they're getting but if I'm Gilbert I say fuck it and get Carmelo if NY can include some younger guys/picks. Then watch as Lebron, Rose, and Carmelo bolt next summer Lol and you can rebuild. Assuming Carmelo will still waive his shit for Cavs.
Cavs would be dumb to give in and trade Kyrie.

Make him play out his contract and wait to see if you can get fair value for him (you can't).

Anth0ny

CLEVELAND -- Derrick Rose and the Cavaliers agreed to a one-year deal for $2.1 million contract Monday after spending the day together, discussing how the team will return to the Finals without Kyrie Irving.

"So... the east is fucking GARBAGE and even without Kyrie we're making the finals. You down?"

"Yup"

There is zero reason for the Cavs to settle for a "fuck it" deal when Kyrie has two years left on his deal. They can take a "fuck it" deal next offseason, or the 2019 trade deadline, if it really came to that. The Cavs have all of the leverage. It would be stupid to trade him now, this late in the offseason, when most teams' rosters and caps are set and a deal would be prohibitively more difficult.

Boogs31

They're low key having a terrible offseason.

Yes they are. As a conference finalist with a decent amount of cap space, the worst case scenario should be bringing that same group back. They essentially traded Dedmon and Simmons for Rudy Gay.

Ginobili, Gasol, and Aldridge are all a year older. Parker is coming back from a serious injury. They will still win close to 60 games, but I have them as the 4th best odds of making the finals in the West now.

Boogs31

I mean they need to try to improve their team without getting an all star caliber player in return. To do that they probably need three quality starting caliber guys for Kyrie. They need a point guard replacement, a wing defender, and a guy that can create offense. I know this isn't a plausible return because they all play on different teams, but an Eric Bledsoe, Danny Green and Eric Gordon type of package would make the Cavs a better team. I wouldn't pull the trigger if I were the Cavs if it's anything less than that sort of return.

jdstorm

Banned
Plausible return would be

Cavs get Bledsoe, TJ Warren, Tyson Chandler and Greg Monroe + lots of picks
Bucks get Kyrie
Suns get Love and Shump

Cavs do it because they fix there depth chart, get a competitive smallball lineup (Bledsoe, Smith, Warren, Lebron and Thompson) a rim protecting center who can dish out 6 fouls a game (Chandler)

Aditionally Greg Monroe's expiring contract + picks puts the Cavs into strong contention for getting Boogie Cousins at the deadline. (Monroe is a salary match without a long term commitment and New Orleans badly needs to get younger via multiple draft picks. Something the Cavs will now have in abundance)

Lebron may still leave but you potentially get a 2nd title in 3 years plus have some picks and other assets stockpiled to either stay as a mediocre playoff team or blow it up and completely rebuild.

Bucks get Kyrie
Suns get Love and Shump

Cavs do it because they fix there depth chart, get a competitive smallball lineup (Bledsoe, Smith, Warren, Lebron and Thompson) a rim protecting center who can dish out 6 fouls a game (Chandler)

Aditionally Greg Monroe's expiring contract + picks puts the Cavs into strong contention for getting Boogie Cousins at the deadline. (Monroe is a salary match without a long term commitment and New Orleans badly needs to get younger via multiple draft picks. Something the Cavs will now have in abundance)

Lebron may still leave but you potentially get a 2nd title in 3 years plus have some picks and other assets stockpiled to either stay as a mediocre playoff team or blow it up and completely rebuild.

That's an awful return for the Cavs. You are trading Kyrie and Love for basically 2 years of Eric Bledsoe and a couple of overpaid bigs you don't need.

Bread

Banned

Bucks get Kyrie
Suns get Love and Shump

the bucks are getting Kyrie for Monroe and picks? Yeah fuckin right lmao

mjp2417

Banned

It will never happen, but something like Kyrie for Isaiah, Smart, and Crowder makes a ton of sense for both Cleveland and Boston. Cavs get a Kyrie replacement for a year that they can let walk when LeBron walks and much needed depth and defense at the wings. Boston avoids the Isaiah dilemma that is coming next summer and gets a cornerstone PG that fits both their present and future timelines, unlike Isaiah.

jdstorm

Banned
the bucks are getting Kyrie for Monroe and picks? Yeah fuckin right lmao

2 years of Boogie Cousins was worth Tyreeke Evans + Buddy Heild + 1 pick.

Thats close to the going rate. Cavs could ask for Delly back but they just signed Rose so why bother just save that money.

Top Bottom