• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Kieli

Does franchises taking care of their own influence FA? I remember there was dispute between Wade and Miami regarding his payout for the discounts he gave. They ultimately didn't give it to him, and so he left.

On the other hand, it seems Dallas is taking steps to reward Dirk for being their loyal franchise player.

Does franchises taking care of their own influence FA? I remember there was dispute between Wade and Miami regarding his payout for the discounts he gave. They ultimately didn't give it to him, and so he left.

On the other hand, it seems Dallas is taking steps to reward Dirk for being their loyal franchise player.

Players will hopefully smarten up and stop giving teams discounts.

Servbot24

Banned
My current player rankings

1. LeBron
2. KD
3. Kawhi
4. Curry
5. Westbrook
6. Harden

I was gonna do a top 10 but I stopped caring at this point

Kieli

Players will hopefully smarten up and stop giving teams discounts.

That's true. Professional sports is a business, and players need to look out for themselves.

But when players do things in their interest (e.g. KD and Lebron form superteams), fans are upset. It's almost a damned if you do, damned if you don't because you need rings to build a legacy, but if you don't join a team with superstars, you won't get that ring.

LionPride

Banned
That's true. Professional sports is a business, and players need to look out for themselves.

But when players do things in their interest (e.g. KD and Lebron form superteams), fans are upset. It's almost a damned if you do, damned if you don't because you need rings to build a legacy, but if you don't join a team with superstars, you won't get that ring.
Fuck fans sometimes, KD don't give a damn if people call him a bitch, he got a ring. The whole argument you ain't great if you ain't got a ring is part of the reason people are like this rn

Kickz

Ainge lost not pulling the trade for this guy, he's locked up for a few years and plays better defense than PG13

DDMY3H4UQAE9-9S.jpg

ESPN just published the report. Something they added was if Melo and Wade can get a buyout from their teams they would sign with the Cavs.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...george-leading-contender-land-carmelo-anthony
This is such a misrepresentation lol. I listened to the Zach Lowe podcast where they talked about this. And he sounded like he thought the odds of it happening were close to zero.

Lowe just said "do you think the banana boat crew will ever get together?"
And windhorst said
"Why would LeBron want to play with those guys when they are so old? The only way is if they got bought out by their teams and signed for veteran minimums this year"
He didn't speculate that it would happen, or that it was even the plan for the Cavs.

Yeah the rumor is they essentially have a deal in place contingent on getting Hayward.

I thought we decided that rumor was BS because PG ends up losing a ton of money to play in a city that isn't LA.

I think the BS part is that there is an agreement for an extension in place. I don't see any indications that PG isn't going to explore free agency. He gains nothing by agreeing to an extension.

I think the BS part is that there is an agreement for an extension in place. I don't see any indications that PG isn't going to explore free agency. He gains nothing by agreeing to an extension.

Edit: ^

Isnt this the same rumor with the three year extension as part of it?

The extension would mean the C's would have to clear up a lot more cap space. It's just not a realistic option in my mind since they'd have to get rid of a lot of depth, including potentially rookies or Hortford. I also doubt he would want to sign an extension, there's no reason to take less money, less security and not even talk to other teams.

Very possible but if healthy I take Blake over Hayward for sure. I can't say I trust a guy missing a full year of game due to injury in 3 years but if they whiffed on Hayward I'd take him. Can't just sit on cap space.

Signing an injury prone player just because you don't want to waste cap space seems short-sighted.

Blake Griffin's injury history:
broken kneecap
meniscus tear
partially torn quadriceps
knee bone bruise
sprained knee
strained hamstring
back stress fracture
right elbow staph infection
broken right hand

Couple this with the fact that he's almost 29, can only really play one position (and can't really defend that one well) and his alarming offensive decline (he's scoring a LOT less around the basket) and I'd want no parts of him.

The best FA in 2018 are IT and Cousins...There is no point is saving the cap space. You can still trade.

Even without considering a future tax bill for a roster with IT, Griffin and Hortford all getting the max I'd much rather take a shot at Boogie next year instead of Blake this year.

And good luck trading a broken down Blake with a max contract.

Tom Penny

Even without considering a future tax bill for a roster with IT, Griffin and Hortford all getting the max I'd much rather take a shot at Boogie next year instead of Blake this year.

And good luck trading a broken down Blake with a max contract.

They could have had Boogie for bag of peanuts. It's pretty clear they don't want him or they would have traded a pick and filler for him like the Pelicans did. IT at max is flat out stupid.

They could have had Boogie for bag of peanuts. It's pretty clear they don't want him or they would have traded a pick and filler for him like the Pelicans did. IT at max is flat out stupid.

I think it's clear that the Kings for some reason love Hield so I'm not sure what a deal with Boston would have looked like. Either way they may have not wanted him enough to give up good picks but I'd be surprised if they passed on the chance to sign him.

Top Bottom