• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NC Gov. Roy Cooper signs fake HB2 Repeal Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ac30

Cuz they don't suck at it. I see their efforts every two years. Puts the Dems to fucking shame.

You should have seen the half assed attempt the HERO people did a few years ago, absolutely pathetic.

They did a great job in Nevada this year, actually, but turnout in Presidential elections was never a problem. I was mainly voicing my displeasure at the smug mugs who think not voting is somehow sending a message.

What's the HERO campaign? All I get is something about drunk driving when I google it.

Koomaster

Should have let it stand and have kept the economic pressure up. Full repeal or nothing. Hopefully businesses don't fall for this. It was foolish to even do a compromise on this. Plus people who wanted it to stay are angry because it's repealed and people who want the full repeal are angry at this compromise. Good luck Dems, if this is all you got the country is lost.

NimbusD

Damn. That's weak. I was going to say it's something but the. Reading that it's a worse deal than what the Dems turned down in December. Literally no reason to settle for less if you're going to settle. You called their bluff and won. Jesus.

Kthulhu

They did a great job in Nevada this year, actually, but turnout in Presidential elections was never a problem. I was mainly voicing my displeasure at the smug mugs who think not voting is somehow sending a message.

What's the HERO campaign? All I get is something about drunk driving.

It was a Houston equal rights ballot measure that failed, hard.

This was the anti-HERO ad: https://youtu.be/WYpko86x6GU

It was on the radio, TV, YouTube, fucking everywhere.

Here's the pro-HERO ad:
I couldn't find the ad, just goes to show how bad the campaign was

I saw it on TV maybe 3 times.

Keep in mind the anti-HERO was full of lies.The bill wasn't even related to bathrooms.

Ac30

It was a Houston equal rights ballot measure that failed, hard.

This was the anti-HERO ad: https://youtu.be/WYpko86x6GU

It was on the radio, TV, YouTube, fucking everywhere.

Here's the pro-HERO ad:
I couldn't find the ad, just goes to show how bad the campaign was

I saw it on TV maybe 3 times.

Keep in mind the anti-HERO was full of lies.The bill wasn't even related to bathrooms.

Ugh that ad is disgustingly creepy and plays into the same bullshit lies the right always peddles. The problem is that while you and I know that it is trans people who are regularly assaulted in bathrooms because they are forced to use the ones of their sex and not their gender, the general public doesn't - they get fed the same lie that trans people commit sex crimes (when the exact opposite is true). Short of running an ad focused on the suffering of abuse survivors, I don't see what could have worked - and even that would have been attacked by these vile people.

The measure bans discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, family, marital, and military status. The ordinance applies to businesses that serve the public, private employers, housing, city employment and city contracting. Religious institutions would be exempt. Violators could be fined up to $5,000.[1]

What a bunch of fucktards.

Kinsei

Banned
So the decision is help some people now, and maybe help everyone later, or help no one now, and maybe help everyone later.

Who is he helping? His opponent in 2020?

He should have stood his ground and kept businesses away. Now the Dems are going to share the blame when this stunt (hopefully) doesn't work.

Republicans have supermajorities in the house and senate. This was probably the only way. Cooper is a lonely blue island in a sea of red.

No, this is modern politics. Negotiation is heresy.

Cooper should've fired up his base with a speaking tour of college campuses, then led a candle lit demonstration on the NC legislature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom