• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA men's basketball 2011-2012 OT: Lockout edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNatural

My Member!
I'm nervous as fuck. I hope we win, I don't think this fanbase could handle another upset first round loss. Hopefully Davidson doesn't decide to shoot out of their ass from 30 feet.

I'm nervous as fuck. I hope we win, I don't think this fanbase could handle another upset first round loss. Hopefully Davidson doesn't decide to shoot out of their ass from 30 feet.

Dude this such a trap game, I originally had Davidson winning but went back and put the cards through. Both teams can score, I expect Davidson to give them a real scare.

mbmonk

Wow, Murray State looks sloppy as shit.Having the actual numbers would be impossible, its mostly anecdotal. I do concede your point about Kentucky topping the attendance figures.

I also realize that most of my frustration is with the bandwagon fans in Louisville...the ones who like whoever's winning the most at the time, I guess. That and the Courier Journal can suck a dick.

Many years ago ..... As a Miami Dolphins fan I wanted to punch every bandwagon Patriot fan I saw in the face for about 3 months. I never, ever saw a Patriot's fan in my home town over the course of 12 years and then all of sudden Tom Brady jersey's were popping up everywhere and the schmucks were obvious bandwagon fans once you talked to them.

But I have gotten over it now :p, it only took a decade ....

So I understand your anger. :)

TheNatural

My Member!
Dude this such a trap game, I originally had Davidson winning but went back and put the cards through. Both teams can score, I expect Davidson to give them a real scare.

It's not a trap game when a ton of people are picking Davidson to win. I think we match up well personally, because we play pretty well again lax defense, up and down offensive teams. I just hope we don't go into one of those horrible 7, 8, 10 minute 0 or 1 FG droughts that fucks us up. We cant shoot, that causes problems against any team potentially.

It's not a trap game when a ton of people are picking Davidson to win. I think we match up well personally, because we play pretty well again lax defense, up and down offensive teams. I just hope we don't go into one of those horrible 7, 8, 10 minute 0 or 1 FG droughts that fucks us up. We cant shoot, that causes problems against any team potentially.

Ton of people? Ok dude.

TheNatural

My Member!
Ton of people? Ok dude.

Douchebag Gottleib picked it the other day on ESPN, I've heard it plenty on the radio about how Davidson is going to pull itr off because of our offense, it's been listed as one of the "5 upsets to pick" on ESPN and so on. So yeah, it's a fairly common upset to pick them over us.

Amory

You couldn't manage to knock off Louisville just a few days ago. You barely beat a MUCH worse team last year when you had Kemba. We are playing 70 miles from home. It will be a home game for us. I'm tempted to say if you win I'll suck your cock. I'm not quite that confident, but close.

Lol. Fair enough, but I still think we're gonna be busting some brackets this year.

UConn's still a blue blood program, and we love to be the underdog

Douchebag Gottleib picked it the other day on ESPN, I've heard it plenty on the radio about how Davidson is going to pull itr off because of our offense, it's been listed as one of the "5 upsets to pick" on ESPN and so on. So yeah, it's a fairly common upset to pick them over us.

So one guy on ESPN and a few radio commentators mean...everyone? Plenty of analyst on ESPN have picked Louisville to go far, I haven't seen anyone taking Davidson. Also, the majority of casual fans have been picking Louisville because they're seeded so much higher. I don't know where you're getting this idea that everyone is on the Davidson bandwagon.

TheNatural

My Member!
So one guy on ESPN and a few radio commentators mean...everyone? Plenty of analyst on ESPN have picked Louisville to go far, I haven't seen anyone taking Davidson. Also, the majority of casual fans have been picking Louisville because they're seeded so much higher. I don't know where you're getting this idea that everyone is on the Davidson bandwagon.

I've heard it a lot dude, seriously, stop nitpicking shit and acting like no one here is taking this game seriously, everyone is, and there's been a ton of people to say we're going to lose. It's not just a rare person here or there. Casual fans now? What the fuck is this, the gaming forum- we're talking about what talking heads in the media have been saying, not the girl in the office pool who doesn't watch basketball playing "pick the lower number."

Bowser

I've heard it a lot dude, seriously, stop nitpicking shit and acting like no one here is taking this game seriously, everyone is, and there's been a ton of people to say we're going to lose. It's not just a rare person here or there. Casual fans now? What the fuck is this, the gaming forum- we're talking about what talking heads in the media have been saying, not the girl in the office pool who doesn't watch basketball playing "pick the lower number."

Wow dude, calm down. FWIW, I haven't really heard a lot of media people taking Davidson over Louisville, but you're more plugged into UoL athletics and stories surrounding them than I am so maybe you're right.

TheNatural

My Member!
Wow dude, calm down. FWIW, I haven't really heard a lot of media people taking Davidson over Louisville, but you're more plugged into UoL athletics and stories surrounding them than I am so maybe you're right.

I just hate the phrase "trap game" - its not a trap game when everyone is taking it seriously and a lot have picked it as an upset. Makes it sound disrespectful to the opponent.

I've got Davidson in the Elite Eight.
O4nAF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom