• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NCAA men's basketball 2011-2012 OT: Lockout edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

marchmadness.jpg

As it has in previous years, the NCAA division I men's basketball tournament -- also known as March Madness -- will be streamed both online and to iPhones and iPads. Unlike previous years, iPad and iPhone users will need to pay $3.99 to watch the entire tournament. CBS and Turner are sharing the NCAA broadcast duties across four television stations. Here's how it breaks down:

Mac users will be able to watch all the CBS-broadcast games for free on CBSSports.com. Games aired on TBS, TNT and TruTV will be available to authenticated watchers of certain pay-tv providers.

For iPad and iPhone viewers, everyone will be required to pay a $3.99 fee to watch the entire tournament. That fee covers all devices, so no mucking about with authentication to watch tournament games on the Mac. Once the fee is paid, all 67 games will be streamable on iOS via Wi-Fi or 3G.

"NCAA(r) March Madness(r) Live will offer higher quality live video streams across platforms; video highlights for every game of the Tournament on the iPhone and Android phones; live game alerts for Android phones, as well as iPhones and iPads; an updated design; and live radio broadcast courtesy of Westwood One/Dial Global Radio Network, for all 67 games across the suite of digital products. In addition to the new offerings, NCAA(r) March Madness(r) Live will again provide the same fan-favorite features from last year including: schedules and live game scoring, live tournament brackets, personal channel lineup features, live stats, and live social companion views."

The NCAA March Madness apps for iPhone and iPad will go live on March 7th, in time for the tournament to begin on March 13th.
http://www.macrumors.com/2012/02/16/march-madness-comes-to-ipad-and-iphone-march-7-for-3-99/

wasnt the app free last year?

also I requested off work for that thurs/fri for the first 2 rounds, and i'm celebrating my 30th birthday a week early because it conflicts with the first round lol

Russ with 2 great shots, Gorky needs to put on 30 lbs, i dont care if its muscle or fat, he shouldnt be outplayed these last few games, he looks weak against far inferior players

TheNatural

My Member!
Whew what a game. DePaul is terrible and it was too close to call going into OT, but it sure as hell was entertaining. Hopefully we can keep this grit up going into Cincy because we'll need it.

TheNatural

My Member!
Shitty day of games. Only two games with top 25 teams playing one another today, one a bracketbuster. New Mexico looks like the real deal though, kicking UNLV's ass.

Facts. How do they work?

People in every conference bitch about refs. Get over that. The one common denominator is that these are NCAA refs. Thus it is their fault if they put out shit-tier refs. Conferences have nothing to do with it.

Pollux

Facts. How do they work?

People in every conference bitch about refs. Get over that. The one common denominator is that these are NCAA refs. Thus it is their fault if they put out shit-tier refs. Conferences have nothing to do with it.

Nobody says they do. But Karl Hess is an SEC ref since he refs mostly SEC games. And he's shit. Thus he's a shitty SEC ref.

EDIT: I hate when we play like this. Damn

He would be a shitty NCAA ref that the NCAA picks to ref in a certain location.

And people are clearly blaming the conferences. Stating that omg i wish i was in the Big XII since these BE refs are so bad. When in reality, every conference has shit refs, everybody complains, and it is the NCAA doing the selection and cutting the checks.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
FSU has now beat all 4 North Carolina teams in one season for the first time. Keep it up fellas.

And still lost to Princeton and BC, cut that shit out. Its funny thar FSU has actually been better for the ACC's conference strength in basketball than football.

UraMallas

Iowa state wins again. Looking good.

They have to win against K State. If they win the next two and can pull off the upset against Baylor at home to finish the season I'll be a very happy 'Clone fan. I want Texas to lose to give ISU some breathing room for that number 4 spot in the Big 12 tourney with the added bonus of strengthing the loss to OSU that ISU suffered last week.

50 game home winning streak (49 in rupp under calipari, 1 at memorial gym under billyG in the NIT).

18 wins in a row.

davis on the bench for 10 minutes in the first half? c'est la vie, we get confused, play through it, and get up by 8 at the half, and then up 15+ when our scrubs go in at the end.

5 players in double digits. davis got 4 blocks (beneath his 4.9 average per game). Ole miss did shoot 47.2%, incredibly high against us, and were 3-5 from three (60%, high for them as well). we were 10-18 from 3 (zone busting!) yet the weakest point was our FT's at 64.7% (11/17) which is low for us recently i believe.

either way 77-62 is a W at Rupp. our next is tuesday night AT Miss St, which I'm worried about. I bet Davis learns to just let the team get the basket instead of getting the second foul and sitting out for half of a half, though.

Jesus christ, Illini.

Oh well, NIT after all. WOOOOOO!!!

At least now we can fire Weber without any (further) handwringing. Bring on Brad Stevens or Shaka Smart or whoever, I don't give a craaaaaap

Jesus christ, Illini.

Oh well, NIT after all. WOOOOOO!!!

At least now we can fire Weber without any (further) handwringing. Bring on Brad Stevens or Shaka Smart or whoever, I don't give a craaaaaap

Yeah, just saw the score against Nebraska as I was looking for the Minnesota-NW tip time. Illini isn't making the NCAA's nor is the loser of MINN-NW. Come on Gophs!!!!!!

Wow @ that Illini boxscore. Came home from work and saw that and had to double and triple take. This is what happens when you throw your players under the bus. Weber has lost this team. This is only going to get uglier.

Mike Thomas, call a presser tomorrow, you know what to do.

Murray St with a big W against St Mary's tonight. the crowd went all out for Dickie V showing up (because really, when does Dickie V ever go to Murray, Ky?) and the team puts up the W.

8 min left in the florida game, they've made 2/7 3's in the second half (11/21 overall) and lead by 27 against arkansas. I guess UK won't wrap up the SEC regular season title just yet (had florida lost, they'd be 4 games back with 4 games left, giving UK at minimum a share of the regular season crown, something that never happens this early in conference play)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom