• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed |OT| Contains Spoilers

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Man, I was tempted by the customization in this game but I'm glad I went with Wild Run...

deoee

29,99€ in EU PSN Sale - worth it? :eek:

Last NFS I loved was Underground 2, and I really LOVE Driveclubs handling :D

IMACOMPUTA

Better as a racer than Rivals, not as good as Hot Pursuit.
About a third of the game is drift events which might sound bad to you but is actually quite fun and easy to do due to the easy to do tuner stuff.(there is a big slider you can slide between Grip and Drift)
I've never played Underground so don't know about that.I just like the Criterion and recent games.

edit, fuck all that, I'm struggling with the Hard drift events tonight :(
Shit game.
Use a different car.
I'm really enjoying this game. I don't really get all the negativity.
It is a pain in the ass to play with friends though.

Yoday

Now that I am finally digging into this game I am really enjoying the hell out of it. The tweaks to the rubber banding has helped a lot, and it is awesome see how much post launch support they are putting into the game. I do hope they add more actual race type events though, as it still seems very drift heavy. Not to say drifting is bad, it is a blast in this game when you get the tuning right, but there are just too many events that are focused on the drifting.

Freeman76

Funny I played the trial on XB1 and thought it was OK, and yet days later I keep thinking about wanting a spin on it. That and the mechanic bird is majorly fit :p

Yoday

Funny I played the trial on XB1 and thought it was OK, and yet days later I keep thinking about wanting a spin on it. That and the mechanic bird is majorly fit :p
I still think it was a hard sell at $60 when compared to the competition, but for the sale price it is well worth it. The game is really solid all around.

KRaZyAmmo

Now that I am finally digging into this game I am really enjoying the hell out of it. The tweaks to the rubber banding has helped a lot, and it is awesome see how much post launch support they are putting into the game. I do hope they add more actual race type events though, as it still seems very drift heavy. Not to say drifting is bad, it is a blast in this game when you get the tuning right, but there are just too many events that are focused on the drifting.
I always fiind it fun to make your own course. My friend did that with a drift course. I'm gonna find a road where you can find both under and oversteer in a grip oriented car.

PaulLFC

Picked this up in the PSN flash sale and for the price it's a steal. Really enjoying it except for one "feature" - boo whoever decided to remove the ability to pause the damn game in favour of telling me that "Racer7784" and "SpeadFreakzzzzz22" etc have joined or left my game. I don't care. I'll never pay any attention to them, so why there isn't an option to turn all that off and play a single player game when that's how the majority of the game is structured anyway, I have no idea.

I care far more that if I need to jump up and answer the door in the middle of a race, I hit Start and it shows me a map while still letting my car hurtle at full speed, now controlless, into a wall while I lose the race.

It's not enough to make me actively dislike the game, because when I'm actually racing, it's great. I hope it gets made optional for the next game though, it certainly shouldn't be forced as for me personally it adds nothing but a layer of frustration.

DOWN

Banned
Did they ever fix the issue digital foundry pointed out where some mapping detail was missing on PS4's road textures/water? They told Digital Foundry they would fix it

KRaZyAmmo

Did they ever fix the issue digital foundry pointed out where some mapping detail was missing on PS4's road textures/water? They told Digital Foundry they would fix it
I didn't notice any improvements to thr road textures/water on the ps4

Freeman76

I still think it was a hard sell at $60 when compared to the competition, but for the sale price it is well worth it. The game is really solid all around.

I copped it for £16 in the us flash sale, at that price i can perfectly justify buying it.

benzy

They fixed it.

H7Db.jpg

I7Db.jpg

PS4 after update
M7Db.png

I couldn't find any straight forward answers really on multiplayer, am I able to co-op through the whole game with a friend? Or is it just sorta meet up in the map for random races kinda stuff?

KRaZyAmmo

I couldn't find any straight forward answers really on multiplayer, am I able to co-op through the whole game with a friend? Or is it just sorta meet up in the map for random races kinda stuff?

You could invite a friend in the crew menu (touchpad on ps4, don't know what it is on xbox) and then he/she would be in your game. I wish the crew invite was easier to do.

Ivan

I got it today on psn sale...

So many handling options sound good at first, but it feels overwhelming after some time :(.

I'm bad with so many options. If only the basic handling was good...

I wonder if it's the handling itself, or combination of that and basic cars.

You have to tweak it a lot, and it gets tiring .

And something about the camera feels strange too. I can't put a finger on it, but it almost makes me sick in some strange way. Any suggestions?

What's the difference between first and third camera?

Did they ever make it possible to pause the game?

I doubt this game will ever have pause.

And something about the camera feels strange too. I can't put a finger on it, but it almost makes me sick in some strange way. Any suggestions?

The handling model is weird. You don't get total control and there's a hidden assist feature that tries to stabilize your car.

I think the game is just blurry due to the grain and whatever film effects they have.

I use 3rd person cause I need to see around me. The AI sucks in this game and they'll go out of their way to disobey lights and crash into you.

Oneself

So many handling options sound good at first, but it feels overwhelming after some time :(.
Yeah, most of the time it's just covering the fact that the handling model sucks. It's been seen recently with Project Cars, The Crew...

Ivan

Is there a way to tune that steering assist? I guess it can't be turned off :/

Besides that, I really like the game so far.

Freeman76

Played about 4 hours, the game has a wierd charm. The handling is ok, doesnt feel as precise as top tier racers though. The graphics are great, but have some wierd blurry effect which takes the shine off a bit. The structure of the game is ok, adding upgrades makes a nice difference.

Spike is a c**t whi deserves a slap, and Amy needs a slap but in a different place if y'all get me haha.

This game reminds me of an old dreamcast racer i used to LOVe playing, called Tokyo Xtreme Racer, anyone remember that?

KRaZyAmmo

Played about 4 hours, the game has a wierd charm. The handling is ok, doesnt feel as precise as top tier racers though. The graphics are great, but have some wierd blurry effect which takes the shine off a bit. The structure of the game is ok, adding upgrades makes a nice difference.

Spike is a c**t whi deserves a slap, and Amy needs a slap but in a different place if y'all get me haha.

This game reminds me of an old dreamcast racer i used to LOVe playing, called Tokyo Xtreme Racer, anyone remember that?

yes. that 930 above your post is ZERO from TXR0 (if he got upgraded and is a mystery idlers racer)
I love TXR (most of my recreations been TXR more than F&F (lord knows how many of these cars been created)
my recreation of Golden Wind NA1 NSX
0TCrn2d.jpg

Makikou

Yaaaaa guys fuck it, going to grab this game tomorrow. Need me some tuning shizz.

PS4 that is, since it's on sale and all..

Do i get the deluxe ed. or normal?

KRaZyAmmo

Yaaaaa guys fuck it, going to grab this game tomorrow. Need me some tuning shizz.

PS4 that is, since it's on sale and all..

Do i get the deluxe ed. or normal?

Just get normal. All you get in the deluxe is...early access to the E46 M3 (GTR kit equipped with MW livery), 10% off everything with in-game money, and some parts. You can still get the car in the regular just by getting money.

Freeman76

yes. that 930 above your post is ZERO from TXR0 (if he got upgraded and is a mystery idlers racer)
I love TXR (most of my recreations been TXR more than F&F (lord knows how many of these cars been created)
my recreation of Golden Wind NA1 NSX
0TCrn2d.jpg

Very nice!!

Makikou

Just get normal. All you get in the deluxe is...early access to the E46 M3 (GTR kit equipped with MW livery), 10% off everything with in-game money, and some parts. You can still get the car in the regular just by getting money.

Thanks, picking up the normal edition then. No point in the deluxe one.

antitrop

Bought it on the sale a few days ago and couldn't stop playing it. Have everything for the Platinum, except the Daily Challenges.

It was very addictive, had that "just one more event" thing going for it. Thumbs up, highly recommended.

... The FMV cast even kind of grew on me.. Kind of. The final race was pretty cool.

Bought it on the sale a few days ago and couldn't stop playing it. Have everything for the Platinum, except the Daily Challenges.

It was very addictive, had that "just one more event" thing going for it. Thumbs up, highly recommended.

... The FMV cast even kind of grew on me.. Kind of. The final race was pretty cool.

Can the game be played offline/like without internet connection? And did they patch in the pause feature sir?

Lgndryhr

No and doubt they will. Cannot pause a game that is always online. People need to stop asking that. It's not happening with this title.

JamboGT

So how the hell do you get roadblocks to appear? Finished all the other Game Type threads and only have outlaw left now.

Wish I could ignore it but has to be done!

antitrop

Got the Plat this morning, enjoyed pretty much every minute of it. Didn't take long, 17 hours + a few extra days of Daily Challenges.

So how the hell do you get roadblocks to appear? Finished all the other Game Type threads and only have outlaw left now.

Wish I could ignore it but has to be done!

Get the wanted level up to 2 or 3 and then just drive all over the place looking for them. It takes a while.

JamboGT

Thanks, got it, took 16 minutes of a cop chase! zzzzzzzzzzz

I have been really enjoying this game, going to platinum it soon, but man, the outlaw stuff is a bummer.

KRaZyAmmo

Thanks, got it, took 16 minutes of a cop chase! zzzzzzzzzzz

I have been really enjoying this game, going to platinum it soon, but man, the outlaw stuff is a bummer.

Yeah I feel like the police doesn't have enough presence enough in the game and they aren't aggressive enough.

JamboGT

Yeah I feel like the police doesn't have enough presence enough in the game and they aren't aggressive enough.

Agree entirely, not been near being caught once, takes too long to get fines built up etc. Done now at least, just need to get a few daily challenges and that will be the platinum.

KRaZyAmmo

Agree entirely, not been near being caught once, takes too long to get fines built up etc. Done now at least, just need to get a few daily challenges and that will be the platinum.

I'm still just randomly making cars. I really need new cars (please PS13 Silvia). Here are my two latest creations....slightly more illegal versions of Gran Turismo 1 Racing Modification liveries.
B5MwVmT.jpg

3T5CXoZ.jpg

jesu

One of the cameras swing out behind your car when you are turning, that can make you feel queasy.
2 of the behind the car angles don't have that, you should try them.

KRaZyAmmo

I always take that NFS twitter account with a grain of salt. It's typical PR blurb as far as I'm concerned. They could do small updates to the game in addition to the big updates they do. The small updates could improve quality of life of the game (remove that damn grain filter, change up the weather dynamics, ect.)

KRaZyAmmo

Love your paint designs Crazyammo, wish they would be shareable in-game..
Most of my designs been based off Gran Turismo lately and yeah they should have like a searvh function for wraps when you go the wrap editor (just add an extra section for all wraps made by users and search by player name or something)

Oynox

I do not understand some design decisions of this game...

Why they had to include all iterations of the Toyota GT86.

Why is this game alyway-on, though you have a menu option to play "alone", which is merely different from playing with others since cooperative or versus play with other players is integrated minisculely.

Besides of that the game is fun, really. I still do not like the film grain effect, but it is probably there to coat the mediocre graphical quality.

KRaZyAmmo

I do not understand some design decisions of this game...

Why they had to include all iterations of the Toyota GT86.

Why is this game alyway-on, though you have a menu option to play "alone", which is merely different from playing with others since cooperative or versus play with other players is integrated minisculely.

Besides of that the game is fun, really. I still do not like the film grain effect, but it is probably there to coat the mediocre graphical quality.
I agree with the film grain filter comment. But i think if they changed how the wheather up by not making it rain 24/7 and that film grain filter out it may actually be a good looking game. I really don't like heavily migrating filters on a game unless it's subtle or make it so it's not hard to see.

jesu

Finally got a grip of those pesky drift events with a souped up Ford Focus, now I'm getting somewhere.
I'm struggling beating the time in Magnus's Porsche though.
And that twist, never saw that coming!
Some M Night Shyamalan shit there.

Top Bottom