• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed |OT| Contains Spoilers

jesu

A couple of more ideas if anyone from Ghost Games is still reading...

How about clicking the left stick tells you what song is playing, double click to change song?
The majority of the songs are great, and I'd like to know their names, some are shit though.
Skipping them while you're racing is too tricky!
A playlist selection would be good too, let us choose which songs to keep in the playlist?
EA games always seem to have EA Trax built into them, was handy.

I beat four friends' autolog recommendations last night for the challenge, but only got credit for two. I then had to do another one.

Only seven challenges left, then I'm completely finished with this game. Doubt the DLC will be substantial.

Have you upgraded all your cars to the max?
I'm quite enjoying 'the grind' of replaying races for money to upgrade.
I'm about 13 hours in and only 50% done.

*edit*

Seems the framerate problems on the X1 were tied to it being online.
Ghost_Ben has posted on Reddit that they've fixed the stutter, and indeed it was stutter free for me tonight.
This is without a patch or downloadable update, so it must have been an online thing.

Thanks for your reply. To get to the network, I must press the touchpad. I can't find the option anywhere. I'm 100% sure I saw in in the beta or in the EA access. Mmmm....maybe GHOST removed it?

According to their Twitter account, they're working out kinks for Solo mode so who knows when it's coming.

Dawg

I'm having some trouble with daily challenges.

"ram 6 roadblocks"

"get a $2000 fine by ramming cops"

"escape a pursuit in under 1m30s"

The $2000 fine challenge is somehow stuck at $300 despite me having escaped from a $7000 pursuit where I kept ramming a cop. Also drove against a roadblock but still 0/6.

Am I missing how this works?

JPS Kai

I'm having some trouble with daily challenges.

"ram 6 roadblocks"

"get a $2000 fine by ramming cops"

"escape a pursuit in under 1m30s"

The $2000 fine challenge is somehow stuck at $300 despite me having escaped from a $7000 pursuit where I kept ramming a cop. Also drove against a roadblock but still 0/6.

Am I missing how this works?
You might need to activate nitrous to get the ram to count. Maybe you have to hit a cop car in the roadblock as you bust through?

Also, you get ~50 fine for bumping into cops. I guess you just have to keep going and going until you get the fine high enough. A highway might be a good locale for this if you slow down and let them catch up each time.

As for donuts, just pull the wheel hard to one side and floor it. If you can't do it, you're using a front wheel drive.

KRaZyAmmo

For that daily challenges I just kept ramming the cops and the fine went over 1000 (in a 10 minute pursuit). TXR fans should know this car
l8uiP3R.jpg

lIEPnzr.jpg

T.O.P

Banned
Flaws and all this could end up one of my favourite racing games, still, this is the shittiest my internet connection has ever been, dropping out of the game every 40 min ain't it fun

Hasney

Well fuck. I was semi enjoying this game until I got to some of the harder races with specific cars, I just couldn't keep up at all. I looked up a video and was amazed that they could get faster than me without nitro...

Then I worked it out, my R2 doesn't think it's being pressed all the way down. Fucking DS4's, this is my second.

Well fuck. I was semi enjoying this game until I got to some of the harder races with specific cars, I just couldn't keep up at all. I looked up a video and was amazed that they could get faster than me without nitro...

Then I worked it out, my R2 doesn't think it's being pressed all the way down. Fucking DS4's, this is my second.

Isn't this actually a glitch? Saw a video last week on it

B-Dex

Another day another failure with remastered and this last Magnus race. At least I can unlock crappy rims and more silly decals with daily challenges!

KRaZyAmmo

Another day another failure with remastered and this last Magnus race. At least I can unlock crappy rims and more silly decals with daily challenges!

for the remastered race. I found it best to be at the end to keep my drift going. But yes I agree this drift contest race was kinda sh*t

B-Dex

Well as soon as I posted my rant I proceeded to utterly destroy Magnus. Just Amy left now. And yeah I dunno how I'm getting Remastered done.

Also does anyone know a good spot to find cops waiting? This start a pursuit by ramming daily is a PITA.

KRaZyAmmo

Well as soon as I posted my rant I proceeded to utterly destroy Magnus. Just Amy left now. And yeah I dunno how I'm getting Remastered done.

Also does anyone know a good spot to find cops waiting? This start a pursuit by ramming daily is a PITA.

try staying at the very back to get your drifting down and plus no one won't hit you in the back of the pack. I find South Port a good spot to find cops. I was able to get the daily done in like 30 minutes there.

B-Dex

OK so I finally beat remastered. Beat the build portion of the game. Unlocked the Iconic builder trophy. But the previous RWB trophy for meeting Nakai-San didn't pop. So now I'm missing the speed icon trophy as well as the mid build story trophy and I'm doing the race for ultimate icon. Trophies are so screwed for me now. Ridiculous.

how do you do donuts ? tried everything and i just cant do it

You need a car with rear-wheel drive and then just go in a circle (push the stick hard left or hard right). I adjusted my handling towards drift so I don't know if that helps. It works well with a Honda Civic or Skyline (1999)

ZeroX03

Banned
Film grain, 900p and the aliasing really hurt the game's clarity. It's nice to look at, but actually being able to clearly see where you're going while racing is important.

And they really needed to make it so tapping another car didn't kill your drift score. Walls are perfectly fine, but man is it annoying in modes like drift train where you've got to actively fight your own "team".

In drift contests I literally just let the opponents get a 10 second head start on me because there's no good reason to try and stay in first place where rubberbanding means someone is going to smash into me. How anyone at Ghost thought a drift contest on narrow roads with shitty AI, rubberbanding and oncoming traffic would be a good idea is beyond me.

Lunar FC

Feel like an idiot for asking this, but how in the world do I change the layer of decal I want to select? I know how to bring up the layers but no idea how to select the one I want to edit.

edit: finally got it, good lord it shouldn't of took that long

B-Dex

The save file is stored on the EA Server. And since it is I am screwed out of the platinum. 2 story progression trophies bugged RWB and Fullfilling the Need. I have every other trophy including 15 Daily challenges which I finished this morning.

BUT because I can't delete my save and redo the story I am screwed out of ever getting the platinum.

I tweeted ghost games about it but radio silence as usual.

BONDO

How are they bugged? All my trophies popped like normal
All i have left is the daily challenges and im 100%

Sucks they arent popping for you, pretty weird

B-Dex

How are they bugged? All my trophies popped like normal
All i have left is the daily challenges and im 100%

Sucks they arent popping for you, pretty weird

No clue but I never got them and I have every other trophy. I'm betting it was a server issue. Feel free to check my trophies on PSN.

BONDO

Can u retry doing the events that give u the trophy? Maybe the games server didn't register conpleting it
Like retry the rwb and fullfill the need races

B-Dex

Can u retry doing the events that give u the trophy? Maybe the games server didn't register conpleting it

Nope. But miraculously today I just found the reset journey option that was missing yesterday. Lol. But it pretty much destroys all you or progress. In fact it purges everything lol.

Welp. Let's see if this works I guess.

Trickshot

You need a car with rear-wheel drive and then just go in a circle (push the stick hard left or hard right). I adjusted my handling towards drift so I don't know if that helps. It works well with a Honda Civic or Skyline (1999)
Try pumping the breaks, too. Just find the right rhythm.

BONDO

Atleast you wouldny have to go all the way in the story to get those 2 trophies. If i recall, those are pretty early on lol

B-Dex

Atleast you wouldny have to go all the way in the story to get those 2 trophies. If i recall, those are pretty early on lol
Midway through build and all of speed. But I lost everything so I'll have to recollect everything again. If I want to.

RIP can't skip cutscenes either.

Arttemis

What Honda Civic is rear wheel drive?

Or can you modify the power train and transmission?

B-Dex

I'm gonna attempt this trophy grind only using the civic. Screw spending money on my 2 Lambos BMWs and Mercedes I had

Finished the game, my first platinum trophy as well! Really, really enjoyed it. Major performance issues were only really a thing when you have a lot of cars drifting/causing destruction at once. Normally I don't care for time trials in games but the time trials in this game are really nuts (especially the ones nearing the end of the game). Becomes a lot more about memorization. Some of those late game races were brutal (ESPECIALLY the last race, 10 minutes long every time lol. Second place has never hurt so bad)

Platinum shot:

Bonus Mach 5 shot:

KRaZyAmmo

nice! I just got my platinum too. It wasn't exactly a great shot of the platinum. You'll still see me on there though lol

edit: I've been seeing tons of Rocket bunny/Liberty Walk and 2f2furious R34 lately

edit 2: if anyone has problem with the outlaw daily challenge. just find a cop and get away a little and do a burnout. Then when he comes close and the camera pans out reverse or accelerate out of it.

mr stroke

Surprised this game got average reviews, it might be my most enjoyed NFS in years. Visuals are incredible (damn you EA for delaying the assumingly amazing looking PC version)
And the racing feels really good, not too heavy or too light.

If this were 60fps, had more cars, cockpit view, and didn't have dumb cop cases this could be my favorite NFS ever.

KRaZyAmmo

DUDE

JINTEI

I actually plan on doing more cars from TXR series. But I had to get Jintei/Speed King out there (especially since people been making tons of 2Fast2Furious BNR34 ect.)

edit: I also plan on doing some original designs. I just can't do it right now with school going on.

B-Dex

OK. It took all day but I replayed the story and got my plat this time. Plat actually popped two times too. Lol.

The game is a blast to play but this kinda soured me on it. Especially since I had everything done and now have to redo it all.

Have you upgraded all your cars to the max?
I'm quite enjoying 'the grind' of replaying races for money to upgrade.
I'm about 13 hours in and only 50% done.

One or two of them. I don't care to upgrade every car. That's just a waste of time to me.

Only four more challenges left!

Surprised this game got average reviews, it might be my most enjoyed NFS in years. Visuals are incredible (damn you EA for delaying the assumingly amazing looking PC version)
And the racing feels really good, not too heavy or too light.

If this were 60fps, had more cars, cockpit view, and didn't have dumb cop cases this could be my favorite NFS ever.

Same. I was not sure about buying this, but I'm very happy I did. Having a blast.

Top Bottom