• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed |OT| Contains Spoilers

B-Dex

GAF crew on PS4? Please add me: DryvBy

Also, what's the general complaint about this game? I didn't bother reading a review. But I haven't had a single issue. It's a stupid arcade racer that looks pretty. Is that the complaint?

Added. I need people for Autolog Recomendations for this daily challenge as well so everyone add me. Apparently the hundred other people on my friend list don't play this :(.

PSN:B-Dex

Quixz

Made the mistake of buying this shitty game. Have sat here for more than half an hour trying to connect to the EA seevers!! :(

nikos

GAF crew on PS4? Please add me: DryvBy

Also, what's the general complaint about this game? I didn't bother reading a review. But I haven't had a single issue. It's a stupid arcade racer that looks pretty. Is that the complaint?

Added. I need people for Autolog Recomendations for this daily challenge as well so everyone add me. Apparently the hundred other people on my friend list don't play this :(.

PSN:B-Dex

Added both of you guys. PSN is Nikos.

B-Dex

Added both of you guys. PSN is Nikos.

I beat your time on go big or go busted. The game told me the AR failed. Which it didn't cause I beat your time by like 9s. And I still got credit for the daily. The game just didn't want me to get a money bonus I guess. Haha.

I COULDNT BEAT YOUR TIME ON A DIFFERENT RACE SO DONT FEEL BAD ABOUT GETTING OWNED ON THIS ONE :p

jesu

I can't for the life of me figure out how to play it single player with no humans in my game?
What do I do???

My game was a bit stuttery there, want to see if it's any better in single player.

Lima

I can't for the life of me figure out how to play it single player with no humans in my game?
What do I do???

My game was a bit stuttery there, want to see if it's any better in single player.

You start playing the game and then once you are in the game bring up the NFS network and there is an option called "Play alone".

Then you load in to your own world.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Can not connect to server.......Fanfuckintasic!

B-Dex

I'm not saying it is a good system just that it is down for maintenance. There really is no need for the always online except for the daily/monthly challenge ranks and AR recommendations.

Is it during hard races? I did a medium last night and left Amy in her tracks. I didn't even see her on the mini-map towards the end.
Yeah. I believe Component Parts and Down to Business (sprint against Magnus Walker).

So why don't they enabled off line play instead of disabling the whole game?

How else would they get your gnarly screenshots on their server?

jesu

You start playing the game and then once you are in the game bring up the NFS network and there is an option called "Play alone".

Then you load in to your own world.

I don't see it...

eFPZ553.jpg

mr stroke

Couple hours of play and pretty impressed visually. Game looks stunning, it's too bad the grain, fps, and low res ruin a lot of the visuals(I am sure the game will look crazy on PC next year)

The game feels a little flat though, it's basically run around a rainy open world and race people. Could use more cars and customization options and less FMV

To be fair most of the bad reviews criticized it for things that are objectively true.

Some things are true indeed, but I tend to listen to reviews way too much lately. Even after the beta, which I enjoyed after a rough start, I was confused because of some harsh reviews.

Lunar FC

Some things are true indeed, but I tend to listen to reviews way too much lately. Even after the beta, which I enjoyed after a rough start, I was confused because of some harsh reviews.

Read the reviews and see if the complaints they raise are things that you care about or not. Then make your decision.

Probably getting NFS on Sunday for Targets B2G1

B-Dex

I wish there was a website that would show what each day's daily challenges are.

It's probably random from a pool of challenges. I'm also assuming you'll get more based on your race style. I'm a renegade racer so I've gotten lots of outlaw pursuit ones and a couple speed ones now.

jesu

It's probably random from a pool of challenges. I'm also assuming you'll get more based on your race style. I'm a renegade racer so I've gotten lots of outlaw pursuit ones and a couple speed ones now.

One of todays challenges for me was win Horses For Courses and whaddya know some idiot was sitting in the middle of the road trying to crash into people doing the challenge.

(anyone else on the Xbox not got the option to play alone tonight?)

I've noticed the AI sometimes get a bit confused too...

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sir Funkified/video/12584331

T.O.P

Banned
Some of the Gymkana whatever event are pretty nuts D:

So i need one of the endgame cars, any suggestions? Aventador or the McLaren are lookin good

B-Dex

I've been using my Huracan for sprints, circuits and time trials. My M2 has been converted to my drift event car. Just bought an aventador though. Might make that my drift car instead.

But I find it kind of amusing drifting like crazy in a BMW.

I've been using my Huracan for sprints, circuits and time trials. My M2 has been converted to my drift event car. Just bought an aventador though. Might make that my drift car instead.

But I find it kind of amusing drifting like crazy in a BMW.

You should talk to 2013 Formula Drift champion Michael Essa in his E46 M3!

Quixz

Where abouts are you?
I've been playing for the past hour no problem.In the UK.

Managed to connect to the servers about 10 minutes after that post. So far the game is "OK"

The AA solution is blurry but overall the game looks good.

I had some server issues on launch day, when I finished things up. I couldn't connect, then did. Then I was kicked after a bit.

After I beat the game, I was kicked again. Thankfully it didn't happen during the 20mile race.

I haven't played much since.

B-Dex

The maintenance messages I got started with 10 minute warnings.

And that couple hours has been the only downtime I've experienced in the last couple days.

I'm convinced this remastered mission is overtuned or bugged for me. Cannot win to save my soul. Same with this last Magnus race.

KRaZyAmmo

my Ridox Supra. (fans of TXR should recognize the logo on the back window)
y0vPwB7.jpg

fsQU5ZO.jpg

I'm now level 50 and completed the story. But I'll still be playing it because I love to mod cars lol. So hit me up anytime on PSN (for now Thursday to Sunday). That last race gave me some rages. Nakai-sans and Magnus Walker are crazy rubber band fast in that race)

B-Dex

I would love to beat the story but this Remaster race is bugged as hell. Sometimes the AI has 30k points sometimes the AI has over 70K in 4th place. I always get shoved into a wall and lose all my points though! Great design.

You press the back button to get to the NFS Network and the option should be there.
It's not there in my game though.

Thanks for your reply. To get to the network, I must press the touchpad. I can't find the option anywhere. I'm 100% sure I saw in in the beta or in the EA access. Mmmm....maybe GHOST removed it?

jesu

Thanks for your reply. To get to the network, I must press the touchpad. I can't find the option anywhere. I'm 100% sure I saw in in the beta or in the EA access. Mmmm....maybe GHOST removed it?

So it was removed from the PS4 too, weird.
It was on the Xbox during the early access, people were saying the game ran better in that mode.

jesu

Ghost_Ben if you're still reading this, any chance of proper multiplayer being added as one of the free content updates?
I don't think this crew stuff is working out.

It could be like Most Wanted 2012 and Forza Horizon 2's multiplayer.
8 players, drive to an event, complete the event, drive to the next event and so on and so forth.
Player with the most rep points after 4 or 5 events is the winner.
Would work great in this NFS I reckon

As much as I'm loving the single player side of it, multiplayer is sadly lacking.

Now back to my 911 Carrera that's smoking everyone in the medium races :)

bs000

What are the differences between the E, C, D, B and whatever other letters turbo chargers? I'm looking at the final upgrades for turbo chargers and just looking at stats it seems like differences of like 2 horsepower or 2 lbs of torque between them and they all have similar costs.

I beat four friends' autolog recommendations last night for the challenge, but only got credit for two. I then had to do another one.

Only seven challenges left, then I'm completely finished with this game. Doubt the DLC will be substantial.

Top Bottom