• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Galactic Adventure Force (Elite-GAF) Thread

hunchback

I have the game installed and going through the pilot training/tutorial.
What settings are the best for the controller? I feel like a idiot trying to fly. I can't seem to get pitch and yaw down very well. I am definitely getting a Elite controller for this. Graphics seem great from the little I have seen.

Reishiki

Banned
Just took a look around found a system 23lys away selling anacondas and vultures, left myself a sidey there to remind me, heading back to our system now to start building funds for that vulture seeing as we have some hunting grounds to play in

I am literally years away from being able to afford those, but it's good to know they're there.

frontieruk

I have the game installed and going through the pilot training/tutorial.
What settings are the best for the controller? I feel like a idiot trying to fly. I can't seem to get pitch and yaw down very well. I am definitely getting a Elite controller for this. Graphics seem great from the little I have seen.

I quite like the default, settings but you may get a more constructive response here the OT is only really dealing with the PC release but the info transfers.

I am literally years away from being able to afford those, but it's good to know they're there.

The Anaconda you and me both, but a couple of good community goal events and some res hunting I feel the vulture is in reach at 6 million

I just zipped my Diamondback Explorer and dragged my FDL to Apam Napat. Now all 3 of my ships are there. FDL is such a pain to get anywhere. Not quite as bad as a Vulture or Viper but that tiny fuel tank and jump range is a pain.

DrBo42

So what's the extent we can participate in the faction? Just bulletin board missions or selling to our station like everything else?

Burny

So what's the extent we can participate in the faction? Just bulletin board missions or selling to our station like everything else?

Yes, pretty much, I believe. (Yes, I know it's still a sorry implementation of player group influence. >.<)

I believe more group related things are planned - any group communication features are still missing, after all. But that won't be before any upcoming updates...

However, having a player group sponsored faction, we can suggest community goals to Frontier.

DrBo42

Yes, pretty much, I believe. (Yes, I know it's still a sorry implementation of player group influence. >.<)

I believe more group related things are planned - any group communication features are still missing, after all. But that won't be before any upcoming updates...

However, having a player group sponsored faction, we can suggest community goals to Frontier.

:/ lol

frontieruk

Don't forget we get to submit the local galnet reports so we can build our own story leading to CG etc

Same--flew to our system, took a few pics on X1. Can't wait for our group to go live!

21907037710_6cc197c5e8_o.png

22082709072_b798834c78_o.png

21472379894_f512817d33_o.png

21907028480_acf58d542a_o.png

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'm going to move all of my ships to Apam Napat this week, maybe even tonight. I only own a mining Asp, a combat Vulture, and a Diamondback Explorer, so it shouldn't take too long. After that I'll probably do some missions or bounty hunting to get the system friendly to me, and then I'm heading out on a new exploration trip.

Mengy

I flew all of my ships over to Apam Napat last night and parked them at Majida station. I used a temporary Hauler to fly back each leg, almost got blasted out of the sky when a freakin Vulture interdicted my crappy Hauler the one time, I managed to jump away with 28% hull integrity left, LOL. This weekend I'll do some sightseeing around the system and surrounding stars, taking note of good spots for mining and bounty hunting and such.

Anyone know of any pristine metallic ring planets near Apam Napat? If not that's probably the first thing I'll be looking for.

Mengy

Given that our group SHOULD go live this week, might be worth your while to check out this Mercs of Mikunn guide on "A Minor Faction and Background Sim Guide". Haven't had a chance to read it myself.

Interesting guide. Some tidbits to take away from it:

- Does our home port of Majida Station (in Apam Napat) have a black market in it? Because smuggling and selling at a station's BM actually hurts the owning faction...
- we will want to hand in all exploration data once the GAF faction goes live ONLY to Majida Station, so no more turning in to the first station you come home to!

Reckheim

Interesting guide. Some tidbits to take away from it:

- Does our home port of Majida Station (in Apam Napat) have a black market in it? Because smuggling and selling at a station's BM actually hurts the owning faction...
- we will want to hand in all exploration data once the GAF faction goes live ONLY to Majida Station, so no more turning in to the first station you come home to!

They haven't mentioned whether madina station will be ours, just a heads up. As a madder of fact they didn't confirm we are getting apam napat yet either (safe to assume its ours but lets keep the expectations in check).

They haven't mentioned whether madina station will be ours, just a heads up. As a madder of fact they didn't confirm we are getting apam napat yet either (safe to assume its ours but lets keep the expectations in check).

If I have to move my FDL hundreds of light years again, I'm burning Apam Napat to the ground on my way out!

Mengy

Spent a couple hours last night perusing the galaxy map around Apam Napat searching for systems close by with pristine metallic or metal rich rings or belts, haven't found any yet. Also explored a couple dozen systems that I didn't have data for in the area, still no great mining spots to be seen. Was kind of fun to explore in inhabited space for a bit though, tore up a few pirates in small ships who interdicted me.That large hardpoint on the Diamondback Explorer sure can punish smaller ships pretty quickly.

Gonna have to expand my search....

Burny

Back to the organisation topic... I think we'll need a more immediate communication channel than this forum or whatever FDev may or may not implement in the future.

@frontieruk: What about that TS server? Would it be possible to assimilate it as official "Neo Galactiv Adventure Force" TS server? I suspect you're paying a monthly fee? Should we divide the running cost somehow?

frontieruk

Not ATM was a one off fee but I'd imagine I need to check renewal soon, I'll dig the details out when I get home and see what the deal is

frontieruk

OK my TS server has 10 slots that are paid up to January, this can of course be increased if required, I can change it to a 20slot mumble server without incurring extra cost I believe.

Burny

OK my TS server has 10 slots that are paid up to January, this can of course be increased if required, I can change it to a 20slot mumble server without incurring extra cost I believe.

Never used mumble myself, but a cap of 20 vs. ten sounds more reasonable, considering there are already about ten people on the member list. It might be worth a try.

Mengy

Sweet!!!! So we got Majida Station afterall, outstanding! Can't wait to play tonight and get myself allied with the Neo Galactic Adventure Force!

frontieruk

System Status
HDS 123 Services

Influence 0%
Corp

An organisation that has been granted the rights of an Imperial Corp. They are likely to have business interests that extend beyond a single station or planet.

Current State Expansion
This faction is in the process of extending it's influence beyond the borders of this sector.

Pending States

Civil Unrest / Election

Recovering States

Boom

Top Bottom