• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Galactic Adventure Force (Elite-GAF) Thread

Kiyoshi

Sounds good, its a good looking system. Try not to do any missions for Apam Napat Empire Assembly (even tho they are imperial). They control the other two stations in the system so it might be counter effective to the NeoGAF group.

We are currently sitting at 47.7% influence in the system and they are at 10.4% (and going down).

Will do. This is really cool, I'm somewhat roleplaying in the game anyway (I'm not gonna turn into one of those grinding the mechanics) so I've been mission running and setting myself little goals. This is a nice thing to have considering my play style.

frontieruk

OK so for quick reference does and dont's in Apam Napat :-

Station Majida :-
Do:-
  • Trade with this station (currently it's paying out over 1000 credits higher than you can buy palladium in the nearby systems, any trades in or out of the station let us know in here)
  • Trade in bounties
  • Trade in exploration data
  • Any charity mission for another faction
  • Any mission for NeoGAF apart from charity

Don't :-
  • Do Charity work for NeoGAF!
  • do missions for other factions
  • Preferably don't abandon NeoGAF mission

Fan Platform and Langley Hub
Do:-
  • Charity work for another faction
  • Mission's for NeoGAF

Don't:-
  • Trade with these stations we're trying to undermine the owning factions
  • Trade in bounties
  • Trade in exploration data
  • Do missions for any faction other than NeoGAF

frontieruk

As an aside there are two ways you can undermine other factions by taking their missions...

If it's a suspect mission and you get greeted as you arrive at the destination system drop out and take the new destination.

Or you can just abandon the missions.

Both lose that faction influence as the missions aren't completed for them.

frontieruk

I suggest we eak our control of Majida up to over 50%, I also think at some point we need to get the other stations into civil war to flip them to us.

When stations are in boom generally their markets are buying big so paying more than the value of the product.

Kiyoshi

I'm in Majida now. I have my Vulture for courier and combat missions; and I've just purchased a Type-7 for trading (my first large ship). Silver and Palladium give pretty good profits from the closest system (Othel); 627 and 641 profit per tonne respectively and you can trade non-lethal weapons for the return trip back to Othel (Valz Installation). I'm not sure if I can hack trading as it feels too grindy; but at least I have the ship here so if I see any missions that require the cargo space at least I have this option.

Reckheim

Checked our influence before leaving for work today and we're down to 45%. Looks like it updates every day so maybe it will go back up tomorrow. Too bad about the influence systems not being better explained within the game.

frontieruk

Controlling a system... The basics.

• Hurting the faction with the most influence removes some of their influence gives influence to the number 2 position.
  • Hurting any other faction removes their influence and gives it to the number 1 position.
  • Helping the number 1 faction raises their influence and removes influence from the number 2 faction.
  • Helping any other faction raises their influence and removes it from the #1 faction.
  • Trading with a faction's starport/black market or doing missions for a faction will raise their influence.
  • Failing or abandoning a mission will hurt the faction that gave it to you.
  • Finishing a mission will help the faction that gave it to you.

In a civil war critical state, there will be a large number of missions that generate civil unrest. These type of missions are weapon smuggling, killing authority ships, etc. It helps if you have a large ship like an asp, because you can fill up your cargo hold with weapons and medical supplies and turn the missions in as they pop up without having to fetch them from another port. After you generate enough civil unrest, the civil war will begin and conflict zones will spawn.

The goal of the civil war is to capture the opposing faction's starports. Collect missions from your faction that spawn at the station you want to capture; run sorties against the federalists; if you win enough stations in the civil war, system is yours! The systems government will change to your chosen faction's, and you will have free reign to destroy any and all who oppose you. Once you have control of your own personal star system the fight is not over.... if you raise your faction's influence levels high enough, you can expand to other star systems, and conquer them as well!

The goal of the civil war is to capture the opposing faction's starports. Collect missions from your faction that spawn at the station you want to capture; run sorties against the federalists; if you win enough stations in the civil war, system is yours! The systems government will change to your chosen faction's, and you will have free reign to destroy any and all who oppose you.

Lifted from here

Reckheim

Controlling a system... The basics.

• Hurting the faction with the most influence removes some of their influence gives influence to the number 2 position.
  • Hurting any other faction removes their influence and gives it to the number 1 position.
  • Helping the number 1 faction raises their influence and removes influence from the number 2 faction.
  • Helping any other faction raises their influence and removes it from the #1 faction.
  • Trading with a faction's starport/black market or doing missions for a faction will raise their influence.
  • Failing or abandoning a mission will hurt the faction that gave it to you.
  • Finishing a mission will help the faction that gave it to you.

In a civil war critical state, there will be a large number of missions that generate civil unrest. These type of missions are weapon smuggling, killing authority ships, etc. It helps if you have a large ship like an asp, because you can fill up your cargo hold with weapons and medical supplies and turn the missions in as they pop up without having to fetch them from another port. After you generate enough civil unrest, the civil war will begin and conflict zones will spawn.

The goal of the civil war is to capture the opposing faction's starports. Collect missions from your faction that spawn at the station you want to capture; run sorties against the federalists; if you win enough stations in the civil war, system is yours! The systems government will change to your chosen faction's, and you will have free reign to destroy any and all who oppose you. Once you have control of your own personal star system the fight is not over.... if you raise your faction's influence levels high enough, you can expand to other star systems, and conquer them as well!

The goal of the civil war is to capture the opposing faction's starports. Collect missions from your faction that spawn at the station you want to capture; run sorties against the federalists; if you win enough stations in the civil war, system is yours! The systems government will change to your chosen faction's, and you will have free reign to destroy any and all who oppose you.

Lifted from here

Hmm,gonna try and get a whole bunch of missions for apam napat empire assembly and not do them on purpose. got a lot of excess cash so the penalty wont bother me too much.

frontieruk

Well I've got about 4m on my Xbox which is my fuck around account so I may join you in some subterfuge.

Which station should we try to flip first?

frontieruk

klXZ0uX.jpg

cAbKr7j.jpg

FrXVSlc.jpg

Interesting

DrBo42

Hi all, just picked this up again after buying the season pass, could I join in?

There's no joining. Just mission givers in a system you can't really pledge allegiance to etc. It's useless for making a guild or fleet of players. Maybe later down the road.

Top Bottom