• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Happy Birthday MarkMan <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally living in the world of 1080p.

50" G20. So fucking tech. (Plus a shot of Daisy, but she isn't new!)
4537338075_06fc1d6fc8.jpg

Some Blu-Rays. Despite are fucked UK £ at the moment, these were all very nicely priced (all from play.com)
4537339601_d2b25d2590.jpg

manzo

SuperJ said:
It's been a long time coming, but I finally got a hold of a brand new Micomsoft XRGB-3 video upscaler. Classic games have never looked better on my 1080p Bravia. The scanline "emulation" is perfect. Apologies for the flash/glare on the TV...

NES via Composite:
[IMG]http://www.aubain.net/Images/VideoGames/GOTM/201004/Castlevania3_01.JPG

It's scaling the fucking SCANLINES?!

Holy motherfucking shit, I MUST BUY ONE NOW.

painey

Stink said:
imagext.jpg

My new X-25M. Found a reseller on Amazon doing this for only 140 quid, and I got the last one :)

Now my PC boots up before the swirling balls thing has finished animating on Windows 7 :)

intel_ssd_9.png

damn

Kobiekun

Cdammen said:
Where did you buy this beauty? I always wanted a XRGB-2 Plus for my arcade PCBs, didn't know they made another version.

megashock5 said:
Where? How much? Spill it!

manzo said:
It's scaling the fucking SCANLINES?! Holy motherfucking shit, I MUST BUY ONE NOW.

You can find more information on the XRGB-3 via these links:

Micomsoft's (manufacturer) website

XRGB Wiki

Videogame upscaler/deinterlacing writeup

shmups.system11.org XRGB-3 thread

Personally, I had a contact in Japan procure one for me via Amazon.jp. The cost of the unit, shipping, insurance and a nominal commission was about $420 all told. At first glance this might seem steep, but now that I have an XRGB-3 I can get rid of two CRT televisions that I kept around just for classic gaming.

isny

napkin dispenser
Haeleos said:
Where did you get The Complete Goofy and The Chronological Donald?

I actually made a typo.

It was the Complete Goofy I purchased. I already have Chronological Donald.

Both have been purchased from Amazon.co.uk for fairly cheap. (About $5.00 for Goofy and $20.00 for Donald)

They also have Mickey in Living Color for around $5.00.

Absinthe

Big Ass Ramp said:
Are you(or any GAF iPad owner) experiencing any WiFi or DHCP issues?
Had a few problems with my linksys wrt54g dropping connections here and there. Picked up a new d-link dir-628 and everything has been fine since.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You finally bought one Yakuza (;))?

WEGGLES

MONO - Holy Grounds 3X LP + DVD

So fucking awesome. Basically Hymn to the Immortal Wind Live.

w... wait a minute...

FUUUUUCK

JEKKI

SuperJ said:
It's been a long time coming, but I finally got a hold of a brand new Micomsoft XRGB-3 video upscaler. Classic games have never looked better on my 1080p Bravia. The scanline "emulation" is perfect. Apologies for the flash/glare on the TV...

XRGB-3_box.jpg
luckyyyyyy!!!

I been wanting one for a while but my japan contact ignored me when I asked him to get me :(

I should jus save up the money and buy via tenso.

Mr Solo Dolo said:
Gang Starr - Moment Of Truth

R.I.P Guru
sad day today. :(

RIP one of my GOAT

Lunchbox said:
get it off the table cloth

it has air holes underneath

Uh, pretty sure that's just where he put it to take the picture. I've noticed that you're a pretty blunt guy in all your posts, chill man.

Seeing someone mention Tales of Vesperia reminded me. I saw that game used at gamestop for $50 last weekend? WTF?

They must think it's like Final Fantasy 3 SNES or some shit!

Drahcir

_dementia said:
Hype overload led me to printing out the Shinkiro promo art for MVC3 at 11" x 17"
Here is the high-res file I used:

Oh my goodness...

BTW, how much does it cost to print in that size?

Some stuff:

Timbuk2 netbook sleeve (so much better than my Incase one - that crap had faux-fur inside of it - this just has felt):
IMG_1815.jpg

French macarons:
IMG_1816.jpg

Three AA baseball shirts:
IMG_1824.jpg

FMA: Brotherhood BD (Vol. 9 & Storage box):
IMG_1820.jpg

Oh and:
IMG_1821.jpg

(CC Pro's not pictured but ready to go!)

Quite a few things this month

A few games

SDC11328.jpg

Some books. In the middle of Lush Life right now, absolutely incredible. Any fan of crime drama should check this out, everyone should check it out!

SDC11331.jpg

A couple of guide books. For anyone who is a fan of Bayonetta the guide book is absolutely brilliant and contains a fairly lengthy interview with Kamiya and Hashimoto. FF XIII guide is pretty meh in comparison.

SDC11333.jpg

Finally, I got myself iPod Touch 32GB. Oh, and Doodle Jump of course.

SDC11335.jpg

I bought everything from the UK except the iPod, go shitty pound :D

neogaf2010apr3.jpg
neogaf2010apr4.jpg

This small piece of metal may seem insignificant to you, but I've been waiting for Fanatec to ship it to me since October last year. Now I can finally play racing games the way they're supposed to be played. All that's left missing now is a real driving simulator.

*taps fingers unpatiently*

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
5x6azr.jpg

Not pictured: Suikoden (PSN), WipeOut HD

Few more Xbox bits. These two don't have the cover but manual and disk are fine, considering it cost me just under £5 for the two :)
DSC00181.jpg

Another fiver or so got me these two as well
DSC00180-2.jpg

And today's essential XBLA release :)
DSC00182.jpg

nny

HightopNinja said:
Any impressions on Again? I'm still on the fence about picking it up.

I'm enjoying it, the story has been keeping interested. Not surprisingly there's not much gameplay, but I like this kind of games (or interactive movies?), so I'm having fun.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is NMH import friendly?

ngower

Apologies for the iPhone pics, my sister is holding my camera hostage.

Record Store Day has absolutely destroyed my bank account :(

4540981220_9433116e2c_b.jpg

Phoenix - Fences (on pink vinyl; RSD2010 exclusive)
Fever Ray - Seven "Remixes" (first time I've seen anything from them on wax in a brick-and-mortar store, had to grab it)

Also...

4540347453_1728696dc5_b.jpg

My volunteer badge/shirt for IFF Boston:D

Jtones

Banned
Needed this awesome movie on blu-ray

_DSC4167.jpg

Well, this is one of those cd's that you should have.

_DSC4165.jpg

Same with this one. It's one of my favorite albums of QOTSA, and maybe in general ^^)

_DSC4163.jpg

maskrider

PetriP-TNT said:
Impressions PLEEEZ
Square Triangle said:
Oh shit, impressions asap!

I have only played the first mission on "sweet", so far, it has been quite easy, may be because it is "sweet", graphics-wise I feel like I am playing a Wii with higher resolution output.

I was attracted by its style, but the medicore graphics output didn't do much good to it.

I read from some forums that people complain about the loading time, not quite disturbing to me yet, may it will get worse later on.

The game play is not exactly special so far, may be I am still too early in the game and in "sweet" mode.

Jtones said:
Needed this awesome movie on blu-ray

_DSC4167.jpg

How is the transfer on the Gladiator Blu-ray? I wonder if it is the same as the American version because it is not impressive at all. There is a rumor that are releasing the movie again with a different transfer alter this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom