• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Happy Birthday MarkMan <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vortex566

Picked up these over the weekend

Trainers.jpg

rc213

307p3q1.jpg

Super Troopers & The Matrix Blu-rays $10 for both from a Gaffer.
Used SixAxis $10
LG Cosmos free through Verizon
GTA EFLC $30 at Frys
God of War III coming free through Amex Rewards.
Wakeboard HD PSN

Been a good month, Still need to pick up Just Cause 2. :O

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So which expansions are in that GTA-game?

Amory

Picked up some abercrombie clothes for spring weather earlier in the week

IMG_0271.jpg

Also some assorted Blu Rays, LBP GOTY, and Splinter Cell (loving it)

IMG_0272.jpg

And my best pickup, an anniversary present from my girlfriend. Tickets to the Red Sox v Dodgers game at Fenway in June :)

Amory

painey said:
I like how the zoomed in photo of the red sox ticket is actually harder to read than the normal shot :lol

Ha, yeah. Gotta love that quality camera on the iPhone :/

Bull

Been having a lot of fun with the Wii lately so I decided to pick up a couple more games for it. Been wanting to play Dead Space: Extraction for a while and it finally came down to a resonable price.

IMG_2565.jpg

I've always wanted to play the Phoenix Wright games and now I can.

IMG_2557.jpg

Absinthe

Auron_Kale said:
Went to see Muse last night (such a fucking awesome concert) and Silversun Pickups were the opening band. Never really paid much attention to them, but they were awesome as well and decided to buy their albums.

Silversun Pickups is a very underrated. One of the tightest bands around the past few years.

Also:

Got this on release day, have yet to post it.

P1000135.jpg

P1000133.jpg

Loving it so far. Unless I have to do serious work, my laptop sits on my desk, and I'm using this.

In one word: LTTP*
IMG_1626.jpg

Endless Ocean was actually £10 when it scanned through, Eledees is as it says. Super Mario Galaxy was something I never got around to but at £12.95 it really is a no-brainer. Finally I saw Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds mentioned in the Stadium Events thread.
*-The book being the biggest offender by a few hundred years...:lol

ngower said:
I've already got one Thurston record that's limited to 200 copies and I really don't do record collecting, but there's some things that just can't get passed up.

Which one?

I've got his Root box set with 5 12"s....I think it's probably worth about $10 at this point.

Korez said:
http://i43.tinypic.com/ayr41k.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/yjfp3.jpg[IMG]

New SanDisk USB Flash Drives 16GB for my Xbox 360, The pendrive is really small :o
Prize: £20[/QUOTE]

Snap!
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/nluatv.jpg

It really is stupidely dinky, I was amazed when it arrived.

Also got these this past week:

39bmp.jpg

Charge/battery kit was only a tenner so not too bad, means I can stop using my wired controller and stick with my lovely wireless black one. Spider-Man I got for free from my buddy who now has the trilogy on blu-ray.

And possibly the least exciting cover story of the year so far...
f2o46e.jpg

Edit: Oh and I got this too, been meaning to buy it for a while.
8xj391.jpg

ngower

PalaceBrother said:
Was this released specifically for Record Store Day? Either way, great pick up. Colored vinyl is the best.

Yep, reissued along with two other albums in limited numbers as part of a Record Store Day promotion.

PalaceBrother said:
Which one?

I've got his Root box set with 5 12"s....I think it's probably worth about $10 at this point.

It's a solo he did, just basically jamming for an hour or so, and it's dealt exclusively through a local record shop. The owner tries to keep it on the hush hush because he wants to reward the people that find it on their own, so I won't go into too much detail. Just saying if you're ever in the southern NH/central MA area, you might want to check out some record stores:D

Auron_Kale said:
Went to see Muse last night (such a fucking awesome concert) and Silversun Pickups were the opening band. Never really paid much attention to them, but they were awesome as well and decided to buy their albums.

Just found out this morning that Muse is coming here in November. I'm so pumped.

I think Metric is opening.

Amory

Lunchbox said:
barf

why would you wear that. i dare you to go to fenway wearing that shit

they're comfortable and fit well? I'll be decked out in my finest dodger blue for the game.

YagizY

I just got into my Nurse Practitioner Doctorate program!!!

P1010213.jpg

I was a skeptic, but they are awesome. Great for summer in Florida.

P1010214.jpg

I just joined the club! 35 bucks at Gamestop.
P1010211.jpg

Games were five bucks a pop. Case came with the micro.

P1010212.jpg

Esperado

rrqro0.jpg

Sorry for the blurriness up top. So I finally got some games this year. Bought God of War 3, the collection, Vakyria, and Onimusha because I got them from Gamestop with 25% and 10% off each title with a purchase over $100. Klonoa 2, Mark of Kri, and Maximo are purchases because of the "Amazing games from last gen that nobody played." thread. I actually rented Klonoa 2 a few times and played Maximo on a demo disc, but The Mark of Kri and Onimusha are going to be completely new for me. Should be fun.

ngower

Don't be afraid, Dodgers fan. I wore my Roger Clemens Astros jersey when I went (probably five or so years ago, been a while since they were up here) and got no flack. Then again, given the Manny fiasco, might have to deal with some douchebags. Fenway can either be an awesome experience or a night of dealing with jerks...it's always different for me.

Regarding some more purchases...

Grabbed a shirt/jean combo from Levis (they fit skinny lanky nerds AWESOME and wash well!!!) and a belt after breaking my most recent one after many years of service.

Pair of Sambas that were on sale, my chucks barely held up through the winter so I figured it was time for an upgrade.

L to R records:

Beach House - Teen Dream (beautiful packaging, has a DVD with music videos for every song, really good value purchase)
Devo - Fresh (Leftover from RSD 2010, on blue wax, I haven't opened it and probably won't, don't care for Devo...but I love colored vinyl)
My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (2003 black vinyl reissue, not the '08 red vinyl. Kinda bummed, but it sounds awesome, mastered from the original vinyl tapes).

photorzm.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
I would probably want to black out the barcode on those tickets posted above...

Back on topic...some of my last pickups for this month.

Chronological Donald, Great Mouse Detective, Fanboys Blu ($5 sale), live points (10% off), and the DVD+CD Japanese Plastic Beach CD. (Originally bought the CD only version by accident, and the correct one finally came in today!)

33m0tqr.jpg

10za74o.jpg

Picked up Beatles Rock Band from BBV and got a 12 pack of each of the new MD flavors. This one is the lime flavor and isn't bad. Tastes like that old energy drink they had about 5 years ago... Mountain Dew MDX.
04-2010-5.jpg

SmZA

Paulathon said:
The [Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey] Soundtrack CD is actually a CD-ROM with a bunch of WAV files on it. I guess it's one of the faulty ones?
My replacement CD is on its way. Free postage from USA to Australia. Thanks, Atlus!

Gaogaogao

isny said:
I would probably want to black out the barcode on those tickets posted above...

Back on topic...some of my last pickups for this month.

Chronological Donald, Great Mouse Detective, Fanboys Blu ($5 sale), live points (10% off), and the DVD+CD Japanese Plastic Beach CD. (Originally bought the CD only version by accident, and the correct one finally came in today!)

33m0tqr.jpg
oh shit son, I havent seen the great mouse detective in forever. nice pickups all around

isny

napkin dispenser
Gaogaogao said:
oh shit son, I havent seen the great mouse detective in forever. nice pickups all around

It's also only $10. Can't beat that for a remastered Disney title.

Moor-Angol said:

Ah Battle Gear 3! This takes me back. I should pop that in my Japanese PS2 and give it a go (I haven't played it in years). I was into it hardcore in the arcades (I still have a bunch of keys)...

Kobiekun

It's been a long time coming, but I finally got a hold of a brand new Micomsoft XRGB-3 video upscaler. Classic games have never looked better on my 1080p Bravia. The scanline "emulation" is perfect. Apologies for the flash/glare on the TV...

XRGB-3_box.jpg

XRGB-3_closeup.jpg

XRG-3_setup01.jpg

NES via Composite:
Castlevania3_01.JPG

SNES via S-Video
Castlevania4.JPG

Also picked up Sakura Wars:
SakuraWars.jpg

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
akmcbroom said:
Silversun Pickups is a very underrated. One of the tightest bands around the past few years.

Also:

Got this on release day, have yet to post it.

P1000135.jpg

Are you(or any GAF iPad owner) experiencing any WiFi or DHCP issues?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
SuperJ said:
It's been a long time coming, but I finally got a hold of a brand new Micomsoft XRGB-3 video upscaler. Classic games have never looked better on my 1080p Bravia. The scanline "emulation" is perfect. Apologies for the flash/glare on the TV...

This is the best pickup this month. Goddamn.

Stink

imagext.jpg

My new X-25M. Found a reseller on Amazon doing this for only 140 quid, and I got the last one :)

Now my PC boots up before the swirling balls thing has finished animating on Windows 7 :)

Cdammen

SuperJ said:
It's been a long time coming, but I finally got a hold of a brand new Micomsoft XRGB-3 video upscaler. Classic games have never looked better on my 1080p Bravia. The scanline "emulation" is perfect.
Where did you buy this beauty? I always wanted a XRGB-2 Plus for my arcade PCBs, didn't know they made another version.

SuperJ said:

Where? How much? Spill it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom