• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!) Happy Birthday MarkMan <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxx

SP_A0093.jpg

PU1503.png

Hopefully Wii Speak will get some use when Monster Hunter comes out next week.

Went to see Muse last night (such a fucking awesome concert) and Silversun Pickups were the opening band. Never really paid much attention to them, but they were awesome as well and decided to buy their albums.

a59db65a.jpg

223c9e23.jpg

c60d5737.jpg

Reckoner

Auron_Kale said:
Went to see Muse last night (such a fucking awesome concert) and Silversun Pickups were the opening band. Never really paid much attention to them, but they were awesome as well and decided to buy their albums.

pics
Muse are my favorite band. Saw them in November and I've never felt so much excited for a concert. When it started, I was yelling and jumping like a kid .:lol They're great. Can't wait to see them again next month.:D

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
hateradio said:
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City PC

How does that run? Is it better than GTA IV? I couldn't run that game with every graphical setting turned all the way down. I can run Crysis better than that...

IMACOMPUTA

Alucrid said:

I'm going to that This Town Needs Guns show in Chicago.
And holy fuck, have you checked out Native yet? They're fucking awesome. Their LP is super cheap and it's incredible.
I've been listening to it non-stop.
They were on tour with La Dispute and my friend booked them a show in Milwaukee, Wi.
Awesome.

commissar

My pickups so far this month. Only need two more blu-rays and I'll have all the BBC nature documentaries :>
april.jpg

Also the new Sam and Max series not pictured.

SlickVic

dragonlife29 said:
Where and how much? That looks really fascinating to me.

liquidlogan listed where to find it a page back. Not sure if you already have a ton of neuroscience knowledge already down, but quite frankly, I'm finding this isn't a great book to learn neuroanatomy from with little/no background knowledge. I go to it a lot referencing stuff from my lecture notes, but I'd probably be lost in this book if I didn't have that outside resource. It's pretty invaluable for me since a lot of our exams have images straight out of this atlas, but if you're learning for your curiosity, there are probably better books to start with.

IMACOMPUTA said:
And holy fuck, have you checked out Native yet? They're fucking awesome. Their LP is super cheap and it's incredible.
They were on tour with La Dispute and my friend booked them a show in Milwaukee, Wi.
Awesome.
:lol :lol Holy shit this is weird, my friends band (Ivan, although they broke up a year or so ago) used to play with La Dispute all the time, and I think they've played a couple of shows with Native as well. I'm from western Michigan so I've seen these bands, and seeing someone on here with a ticket to one of their shows and someone else mentioning La Dispute is so weird:lol . I didn't realize either of these bands were that well known, anyway good to see that they're getting some love.

IMACOMPUTA

lakesideflight said:
:lol :lol Holy shit this is weird, my friends band (Ivan, although they broke up a year or so ago) used to play with La Dispute all the time, and I think they've played a couple of shows with Native as well. I'm from western Michigan so I've seen these bands, and seeing someone on here with a ticket to one of their shows and someone else mentioning La Dispute is so weird:lol . I didn't realize either of these bands were that well known, anyway good to see that they're getting some love.
Haha, Awesome!
It's a small world, eh?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Big Ass Ramp said:
How does that run? Is it better than GTA IV? I couldn't run that game with every graphical setting turned all the way down. I can run Crysis better than that...
I haven't actually installed it yet, since I have other games to play, but I hear it is a CPU whore, like GTA4, so you'll have the same issues.

Pietepiet

Vortex566 said:
Nice find! I bet they set you back a fair amount?

68 euros in total. Got lucky with MML2, was the only one on eBay, at 28 euros Buy It. After that I found MML at a store near where I work, for 40. Needless to say, I was very happy :)

SlickVic said:
liquidlogan listed where to find it a page back. Not sure if you already have a ton of neuroscience knowledge already down, but quite frankly, I'm finding this isn't a great book to learn neuroanatomy from with little/no background knowledge. I go to it a lot referencing stuff from my lecture notes, but I'd probably be lost in this book if I didn't have that outside resource. It's pretty invaluable for me since a lot of our exams have images straight out of this atlas, but if you're learning for your curiosity, there are probably better books to start with.

I'll repeat my recommendation of Cognitive Neuroscience: The Biology of the Mind which is only $1.00 for the 3rd Edition on Amazon.ca. I'm a humanities student with next to no scientific inclination, and it has been very informative at least as an introductory/companion text.

Rimshot

Pietepiet said:
68 euros in total. Got lucky with MML2, was the only one on eBay, at 28 euros Buy It. After that I found MML at a store near where I work, for 40. Needless to say, I was very happy :)

Want to complete that set with a New(condition) Megaman 64(port of legends to the n64) game? ^^

Alucrid

Banned
IMACOMPUTA said:
Awesome.

No I haven't. I will now though. Good to hear that they're good. Another plus is that I'm going to see La Dispute with Alexisonfire and some other band as well. :lol

distantmantra said:
Final pickup from Japan. Found in a Book Off on the last night for 1,000 yen.

Fantastic bargain! Great game too :) See you got the JPN version which means you have access to the DLC cars. I bought the Asian version when this first came out and there's no DLC for that version so I missed out on the RX-8 :(

Polk

S5000074.JPG

Bluetooth PS3 keyboard for my HTPC, my first blu-ray (now I need a player), another vinyl, cheap Saboteur and Batman Year One (damn you Batman:AA).

distantmantra said:
Well, I can see why it was only 1,000 yen. Controls are pretty awful.

Wheel or bust...Seriously, I thought is was crappy till I used my Logitech GT wheel and then I enjoyed it a LOT more...

LRB1983

Banned
My fav march bough (pc & monitor)t:
aQK87.jpg

April continues with:
May be my last Dragon Ball figure I've been waiting for that one too long XD
q5Scj.jpg

Lord Of The Rings Blu Ray
JEqve.jpg

Adidas Shoes and Spain T-Shirt
u3LRj.jpg

glaurung

Foxtastical said:
Haha, what the hell? That doesn't even make sense.
Ha, I was about to post that. It looks like the chick is squeezing someone else's boobs instead of her own. The position of the head in perspective to the rack is way off. Whoever draw that did not finish their art school.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
glaurung said:
Ha, I was about to post that. It looks like the chick is squeezing someone else's boobs instead of her own. The position of the head in perspective to the rack is way off. Whoever draw that did not finish their art school.

Same guy who does the designs for Magna Carta.

IMACOMPUTA

Polk said:
S5000074.JPG

Bluetooth PS3 keyboard for my HTPC, my first blu-ray (now I need a player), another vinyl, cheap Saboteur and Batman Year One (damn you Batman:AA).

Good luck with the Logitech Mediaboard.
I'm returning mine :/
It suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
I bought it for my htpc as well, but it just loses sync/freezes up every once in a while.. and every once in a while it just decides to repeat the key i press one million more times... mouse moves on its own, all kinds of issues.
Im streering clear of bluetooth for keyboards/mice.
I ordered this instead ..
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/integration.workflow:productDisplayItem?IsBundle=false&GroupID=38&Code=57Y6336&OID=:00000026:00002D64:&cid=pg_57Y6336&
$35.99 with free shipping with coupon code USPCA36336

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom