• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

canocha

A few more games for Mega Drive and Master System:

Land of Illusion and Castle of Illusion (both complete):
7JaMG.jpg

Dynamite Headdy and Castlevania The New Generation:
1SgUs.jpg

Sonic 3D, Alien 3 and Quackshot/Castle of Illusion Disney Pack:
5rIT3.jpg

Sadly Castlevania does not include the manual.

andylsun

Two gaming related pickups

R1s1fl.jpg

fEwG6l.jpg

I've been looking for a racing wheel for my 360 for quite a while, but didn't want to buy a new one. The wheel itself (Logitech DriveFX) was $8 from a Goodwill. I hoped it would work with my Driving Force Pro pedals but it did not. I didn't want to modify the pedals, as I use them with my PS3 and GT5.

Today I picked up a Logitech Driving Force wheel and pedals from Salvation Army for $3. After building a wiring adapter (RJ11 to DB9), and reversing the polarity of the brake potentiometer, it's up and running perfectly.

I'm already top of my friends leaderboard for Star in a Reasonably Priced Car in Forza 4, but will now extend my lead!

The duct tape is required to hold down the wheel as the mounting brackets are missing. The cool tie-dye tape belongs to my daughter.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
New job!! :) For a great company, and the people so far seem very nice and part of a friendly environment. It's a position I think I can do a lot of good in for both the company and myself.

7120349343_cf7c981b63_z.jpg

... and they provided me with a new laptop:

7120349639_e647a21147_z.jpg

Also won a bunch of candy in a church raffle this evening:

6974267012_355dfe5e58_z.jpg

I bought MAG yesterday to play with a friend:

6974268566_45ebe11265_z.jpg

And I got a girl's number the other day while eating lunch:

7120407601_0183d03e2a_z.jpg

Timan

Developer
I'd love to know how you are liking it. I am planning on getting one of these in the next 6 months.

Loving it so far, can only test the heating portion, our AC (new...) is broken. Its damn insane how one could spend 250$ on a thermostat, sounds crazy. But its def worth it, the ability to control it remotely is nice, and how it basically nears your habits on how you control your home. Well worth it.

Salsa

New job!! :) For a great company, and the people so far seem very nice and part of a friendly environment. It's a position I think I can do a lot of good in for both the company and myself.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7240/7120349343_cf7c981b63_z.jpg[/ IMG]

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8168/7120349639_e647a21147_z.jpg[/ IMG]

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7277/6974267012_355dfe5e58_z.jpg[/ IMG]

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8006/6974268566_45ebe11265_z.jpg[/ IMG]

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7128/7120407601_0183d03e2a_z.jpg[/ IMG][/QUOTE]

so let me get this straight

-new job
-new free laptop
-bunch of candy
-new girl's number

are you tap dancing right now?

bs000

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7240/7120349343_cf7c981b63_z.jpg

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8168/7120349639_e647a21147_z.jpg

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7277/6974267012_355dfe5e58_z.jpg

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8006/6974268566_45ebe11265_z.jpg

[IMG]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7128/7120407601_0183d03e2a_z.jpg[/QUOTE]

Teach me how to be you.

haikira

Birthday time! I've got some awesome family and friends.

Everything is from my mum, except the two games. The book is a little hard to make out in the picture. It's the penguin complete Sherlock Holmes. The two games I got with money given to me for my birthday, by family members.

mk8Yv.jpg

From my friends. =D. Max Payne 3 is my most hyped game of the year. Love the Game Of Thrones series and I've been trying to read more again lately, so perfect timing. The book on Game Development is also awesome. Been doing some programming night classes for a year, and I'd shown some interest in trying some game stuff.

vvOKT.jpg

Half this post, is a repost. Updated because I got some extra stuff from my friends.

Blunt

Banned
Seeing out the month of April with this past week's consumer whoring.

Picked up Heavenly Sword, sealed for $10 at a department store clearance. My local JB HiFi was having a sale today so picked up 'Daft Punk - Human After All' vinyl, Haruhi BD and Witcher 2 on 360 for the discounted price with additional mates rates applied. Found a new copy of Infinite Space for under a tenner and supported the MightyCarMods guys with their Japan trip BluRay.

2192014-20120428_203833___copy.jpg

jonno394

Went in to Gamestation looking for a copy of Rayman Origins on the PS3 after watching That Legends Wii U trailer; no copies but did stumble across this bargain!

2012-04-28141053.jpg

Seeing out the month of April with this past week's consumer whoring.

Picked up Heavenly Sword, sealed for $10 at a department store clearance. My local JB HiFi was having a sale today so picked up 'Daft Punk - Human After All' vinyl, Haruhi BD and Witcher 2 on 360 for the discounted price with additional mates rates applied. Found a new copy of Infinite Space for under a tenner and supported the MightyCarMods guys with their Japan trip BluRay.

2192014-20120428_203833___copy.jpg

I'm a MightyCarMods fan as well...I've been watching their videos for a while now...

Risgroo

nyD1yl.jpg

All very cheap, Star Fox 64 is one of my favorite games ever, so I had to get it at that price(about 50% off). MGS collection was discounted and I had a gift card, so it was a good purchase. RE Zero was very cheap as well, even though I hear it's not among the best RE games. Pretty good haul!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I got this finally:

fwKpV.jpg

It's got like.. the Super Famicom game and the PS1 game, along with some new levels and music and shyt. I've never played the series before, but I've heard enough good things about it that I figured it was worth taking the plunge.

jonno394

Still doesn't beat me buying mine for £7.99 brand new in box, with 15% staff discount on top.

muwahaha.

You just can't let someone bask in their bargain can you....bastard ;)

Just beat Flaaghara in Metroid Prime 1; the game is easier than I remember while playing as a 16 year old.

Rich!

You just can't let someone bask in their bargain can you....bastard ;)

Just beat Flaaghara in Metroid Prime 1; the game is easier than I remember while playing as a 16 year old.

£17 is still good. I just lucked out on one of my staff members trading it in as Metroid Prime 3 by accident.

Was still sealed and all - but this was AGES ago, and it's long gone now - brought another copy since to replace it.

I got this finally:

fwKpV.jpg

It's got like.. the Super Famicom game and the PS1 game, along with some new levels and music and shyt. I've never played the series before, but I've heard enough good things about it that I figured it was worth taking the plunge.

Neat, I didn't even know there was a DS game

First Vita game. Still need the system.

ArmCVu_CAAAxX2L.jpg

So I'm not the only one that buys games before buying the system!

I did this in the past with Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance for Xbox, bought before buying the Xbox. And I will most certainly do it with the Vita by buying Gravity Rush on Day 1 to support it! The system will have to wait until the Ceramic White version will come out!

namDa65

DXcbfl.jpg

Got Uncharted 3 Brand new for $12.00 at best buy using a bunch of coupons :D.

Folklore was $5.00 with 50% off pre-owned coupon as well.

Also got:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $14.99 used Best buy
Gran Turismo 5 $19.99 new Wal-mart

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
7ChFO.jpg

TVoMX.jpg

I decided to go all digital with the Falcom games since I got a Vita. So, I went ahead and ordered all the goodies I wanted from Xseed's online store. They gave me the Lunar and Ys cloth map for free =). <3 Xseed.

naJwW.jpg

Atelier came with the damn Gamestop sticker on it, so it took forever to take off and some of it is still there(hard to see in the pic, though).

yeah I got the first one today and it was the same damn thing it was their gut display. God I hate GS sometimes. If it is open it is not new. Oh well good price on CE so why not

Bunch of garage sales around here today. I think I scored pretty fucking good. Got all this for $3:

F1WDD.jpg

Came with two of the six button controllers and the cables as well.

Didn't want to plug it into my big screen LCD, so grabbed this for another $5:

IdxQL.jpg

Couple scratches, but you can't see them when the TV is on luckily. Good day.

NFreak

Bunch of garage sales around here today. I think I scored pretty fucking good. Got all this for $3:

F1WDD.jpg

Reminds me of the Genesis I got with a complete in box 32x at a garage sale for 4 bucks. Came with a few games as well. Love finding stuff like that at garage sales.

Tarin02543

F1WDD.jpg

Didn't want to plug it into my big screen LCD, so grabbed this for another $5:

IdxQL.jpg

Couple scratches, but you can't see them when the TV is on luckily. Good day.

Awesome pick up. I'm also looking for a good CRT for retro gaming.

I even hear the Genesis 3 is quite rare so this might become valuable in the future.

Awesome pick up. I'm also looking for a good CRT for retro gaming.

I even hear the Genesis 3 is quite rare so this might become valuable in the future.

Yeah, pretty happy. Though, I just read game genie doesn't work with the genesis 3 for some reason. That's pretty lame as I have one sitting around at my parents house already. I knew 32x and SegaCD didn't work, but didn't know there were actually other issues.

Oh, well, can't complain. Just ordered Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat 2, NBA Jame TE, and Cyborg Justice off ebay. Good shit.

EDIT: Well, I'm finding conflicting reports about the game genie. I see in some places it listed very matter of factly that it won't work with Genesis 3, while I'm finding some people claiming it absolutely works with theirs. Guess I'll find out for sure next weekend when I go home and can test it.

Top Bottom