• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wark

bigben85 said:
the whole stick.
when it drops out, the character either is stand still, or is stick at moving left, or right...but non of the button works until I reset 360...360 also never reports controller lost connection
bigben85 said:
I got the sticks (VSHG) modded and received them...one stops responding during play (360 vf5)...any idea what is causing this? This happens within the first few mins of play...and seems to be random.

The same exact thing happens to me with my Dead or Alive 4 Hori stick for the 360.

After seeing footage of the new KoF and SF, I think I want to change my VSHG from having a square plate or something for movement to a octagon. Is this simple to do with the VSHG?

zaxor0

the androgyne said:
Yeah i wanted that one, the Super Advantage or Score Master, but by the time i had saved the money the JoJo was the only one left on shelves! Now i know why :p

super_advantage.jpg

I have two of these, the 8 way doesn't work. Only 4 way now... you can't jump forward in sf2 or mk2. sucks.

kurahadol

Linkzg said:
After seeing footage of the new KoF and SF, I think I want to change my VSHG from having a square plate or something for movement to a octagon. Is this simple to do with the VSHG?

Watch out with the VSHG and KoF. The High Grade has problems with 3+ button presses, which hinders on some fighting games like KoF, Alpha, Vs series, etc.

CPS2

Linkzg said:

(what a late reply)

It's very easy. You pretty much just hold 2 clips in slightly, slide the square gate off and chuck the octagonal one on.

gkryhewy

Crap - my Hori 360 stick appears to have spontaneously lost y-axis inputs. Worked perfectly yesterday, and every other input seems fine. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting it a bunch of times, and restarting the 360 both with and without other controllers connected. Ugh! Any thoughts?

kurahadol said:
Watch out with the VSHG and KoF. The High Grade has problems with 3+ button presses, which hinders on some fighting games like KoF, Alpha, Vs series, etc.

thats a shame.

I really like my VSHG, but if it wont work with a lot of fighting games that require multiple button presses, that will be a problem.

UC1 said:
(what a late reply)

It's very easy. You pretty much just hold 2 clips in slightly, slide the square gate off and chuck the octagonal one on.

thanks.

what is a good site to order one from? Even if there are problems playing KoF and other games, I still think it will be worth it.

Hero said:
I want to get this really bad but at Play-Asia after shipping it'd be almost 100 dollars.

ngs2-first-shots-0-nwf.jpg

I wanted to get that, but my problem is that they had to be greedy and they could have gone in and tweaked it a bit to have 6 buttons so I could play Street Fighter from VC on it.

CPS2

You can get octagonal gates from akihabarashop

BTW thanks for the heads up Lee N, I think it's been quite a few months since Per announced the new website and I almost forgot all about it.

Linkzg I've ordered from there before and have no problem recommending them. Might be an idea to check the tech forum at shoryuken.com if you place an order, cos the guy who runs the shop (TheRealNeoGeo) does regular status updates there, and you can get a good idea of what kind of mods you can do to arcade sticks n stuff.

Lee N

Membre
UC1 said:
BTW thanks for the heads up Lee N, I think it's been quite a few months since Per announced the new website and I almost forgot all about it.
Yeah, it's been down for quite a while now.. but he reopened about a week ago. akihabarashop.jp is definitely the best there is when it comes to arcade parts.

UC1 said:
You can get octagonal gates from akihabarashop

Linkzg I've ordered from there before and have no problem recommending them. Might be an idea to check the tech forum at shoryuken.com if you place an order, cos the guy who runs the shop (TheRealNeoGeo) does regular status updates there, and you can get a good idea of what kind of mods you can do to arcade sticks n stuff.

ok, thanks.

kiun

kurahadol said:

MarkMan, is this true ?

Lee N

Membre
kiun said:
MarkMan, is this true ?
I have the VSHG and I have not experienced this so called problem, and believe me I have tried to recreate said problem but everything works flawlessly here.

The fact that it doesn't have troubles everywhere makes me believe there's an issue with the software where the problem appears rather than the VSHG itself.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
100% for sure, the VSHG has the problem(inputs with 3 or more commands) with Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection on the PS3.

Lee N

Membre
MarkMan said:
100% for sure, the VSHG has the problem(inputs with 3 or more commands) with Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection on the PS3.
I believe these are the keywords here, there's something about the driver implementation in that game that breaks it rather than the VSHG itself.

If it was the VSHG you would undoubtly experience said problems no matter what software you use.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Some ppl on SRK have mentioned when using it on the PC for emulators they have had similar experiences, but I haven't tested it in depth.

That's something I believe we discussed awhile ago in the early ages of this thread haha...

LRB1983 said:
I use PS2 version of Neo Geo Arcade Stick 2 for M.A.M.E.

I hope PS3 version appear so soon. :)

they should just make a USB version for PS3 and 360. Same thing they should do for the Saturn pad.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Linkzg said:
they should just make a USB version for PS3 and 360. Same thing they should do for the Saturn pad.
The USB Saturn pads for the PC also work on the PS3. You don't get Home or select buttons though.

Lee N

Membre
So, I had to change the GT-8F restrictor on my Sanwa JLF today. I had managed to inflict a crack in the plastic spring mechanism that keeps the center disc in place.

iIzDmDlPV.jpg

Now imagine if something like this would've happened on a cheaper arcade stick with proprietary parts that you can't just replace for $3 - then you'd have to buy a completely new arcade stick.

This is one of many reasons why you want to go with a more expensive quality stick from Sanwa or Seimitsu.

shas'la

kurahadol said:
Finally received pictures of my custom stick from finkle, eagerly awaiting this thing to arrive!

fddbpe.jpg

May i ask how much something like that would cost?

I'm such a stick noob, im just waiting/hoping for a SC4 hori themed stick to come out in the next few months.

gkryhewy

A dude on virtuafighter.com just parted with the coolest stick I've ever seen (although I prefer fluorescent colored buttons and stick top):
ericjoystick.jpg

That's an arcade-in-a-box custom 360 stick.

Geezer said:
The USB Saturn pads for the PC also work on the PS3. You don't get Home or select buttons though.

seriously? I have my saturn pad which I use for PC gaming right here and never thought about trying it out. I guess no home button means no PS2 game support, but still cool.

God I love this thread...hate the fact that there is only ONE viable out-of-the box, less than $100 joystick for my 360, but oh well.

Does anyone know of an "easy", swappable stick for the Hori DOA 360 controller. And by easy, I realize there will be some soldering, but really, I'm looking for lead/wire soldering and not pcb/resistor/pin-out soldering. I'm guessing a lot of the sticks now have connectors, so I'm hoping its just a matter of soldering connectors to the wires in the Hori and 'snappping' them onto the stick...am I totally n00bing this or is there such a dream-like reality waiting for my hard earned dollars????

I have this as a spare arcade stick. But late last year, I put this on a chair and it fell off and landed on the stick itself :( Ever since the stick doesn't work correctly, some angles doesn't work. I've taken that stick apart a few times and still no luck. But now, on of the holes for the screws got to big I guess and doesn't fit anymore (this is the part that holds the actual stick to the board).

So my question, which parts do I replace. And what's do I get them.

k9uyjd.jpg

But this is my main stick now, and I love it :D But I want a extra one for when friends come over.

389352743_fa53ac6460.jpg

rocK`

Banned
I have a finkle stick, but unfortunately, everytime we send it back and forth, the PCB either dies or the stick is just rendered useless.

Does anyone know where I can get a PS1 PCB? Not the original grey one, but the new white one, so i guess its the PSOne PCB.

I also use a modded HRAP2 for tourneys, and also my EX2 for like UMK3 i guess.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
-xBerserker- said:
I have this as a spare arcade stick. But late last year, I put this on a chair and it fell off and landed on the stick itself :( Ever since the stick doesn't work correctly, some angles doesn't work. I've taken that stick apart a few times and still no luck. But now, on of the holes for the screws got to big I guess and doesn't fit anymore (this is the part that holds the actual stick to the board).

So my question, which parts do I replace. And what's do I get them.

There are a couple of things that can be wrong with the stick. The wiring might have gone bad when it was dropped, so you might want to check the 5 pin connector that plugs into the stick and connects to the PCB and make sure the wiring isn't touching/crossed anywhere at the bare points.... pictures might help too.

rocK` said:
Does anyone know where I can get a PS1 PCB? Not the original grey one, but the new white one, so i guess its the PSOne PCB.

I also use a modded HRAP2 for tourneys, and also my EX2 for like UMK3 i guess.

Check GameStop/EB Games for used PSOne controllers...

My 360 Hori is dieing it's slow death :( One button sticks, another one is too loose. Means I have to play VF with the two back buttons on the top row and front button on the bottom row, then again I've had it since the DoA launch.

kurahadol

shas'la said:
May i ask how much something like that would cost?

I'm such a stick noob, im just waiting/hoping for a SC4 hori themed stick to come out in the next few months.

$165 shipped. Made with SANWA parts. If you're willing to spend the cash, custom is the way to go for sticks. finkle usually has a backlog of orders though, took a few months for my stick to be completed but I feel it was worth the wait.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Spirit of Jazz said:
My 360 Hori is dieing it's slow death :( One button sticks, another one is too loose. Means I have to play VF with the two back buttons on the top row and front button on the bottom row, then again I've had it since the DoA launch.

If you don't wanna open it up and try to troubleshoot/fix it... GameStop just dropped the price on the EX2 for 360... $39.99 now.

Might wanna call up your local stores.

MarkMan said:
If you don't wanna open it up and try to troubleshoot/fix it... GameStop just dropped the price on the EX2 for 360... $39.99 now.

Might wanna call up your local stores.

I'll probably wait for another crucial button to go before I try and fix it myself (not really confident in doing it, but if it's rendered useless I might as well give it a try). Issue with getting a new one is that I'm in the UK.

I'll take a look at it this weekend. Thanks! :D

MarkMan said:
There are a couple of things that can be wrong with the stick. The wiring might have gone bad when it was dropped, so you might want to check the 5 pin connector that plugs into the stick and connects to the PCB and make sure the wiring isn't touching/crossed anywhere at the bare points.... pictures might help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom