• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Jørdan

0qK60.jpg

Congrats on acquiring the T.V, looks great. Had a similar situation having lost the game to T.V switch, pulling the cables in and out made my mum wince. It was 4 years until I got my hands on it after a new one was bought.

Chromax

I picked up 2 watches! An Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Dual Time with black dial and the limited edition Maharishi G-Shock

This first one will be one of my bigger pickups for a while. Here's a little unpacking:

DSC_1957.jpg

DSC_1973.jpg

DSC_1988.jpg

DSC_1983.jpg

and here's the Maharishi:

DSC_1992.jpg

DSC_1995.jpg

Ban Puncher

My 30th birthday was on over the weekend and all my family and friends that I love made it FUCKING RAIN.

Seriously, I made out like a complete bandit. Check out this haul;

Y05jG.jpg

The King of Fighters 2002 AES
Transformers Masterpiece Grimlock
Taketsuru 17 Year Old Pure Malt Whiskey and a bottle of plonk

MSAPX.jpg

Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones
New iPad 32GB WiFi White
Red Leather Smart Cover

And last but certainly not least;

y6iow.jpg

sPzoR.jpg

TAG Heuer Link Calibre 16 Automatic Watch

I fucking worked that Birthday Skeleton good this year.

sca2511

Comic-Con 2012 Bishoujo X-23, Storm, Black Widow
usou1l.jpg

Bishoujo Dark Phoenix & Rogue
EzdN1l.jpg

Spider-Men 1-3, Spider-Man decal, POP! Spider-Man figure.
XHs81l.jpg

Various goodies for watching a preview of The Dark Knight Rises (yay no lines!)
pvswJl.jpg

Batwoman Vol.1, Wonder Woman Vol.1, Batgirl Year One
sx86Ol.jpg

The Umbrella Academy Vol.1 & 2, Demon Knights Vol.1, Black Widow Deadly Origin
h3IHsl.jpg

2x Nexus 7 16gb for me and an 8gb for her(not pictured).
bhglpl.jpg

& a bunch of Comixology purchases.

mike23

I picked up 2 watches! An Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Dual Time with black dial and the limited edition Maharishi G-Shock

This first one will be one of my bigger pickups for a while. Here's a little unpacking:

DSC_1988.jpg

Is google deceiving me, or is that really a 25 thousand dollar watch?

F33L

Neo Member
188726_10150152778059612_2331977_n.jpg

picked up some food during my army duty
aint it nice?

*oops* just figured out this is not gaming related... but so are those bike gloves that previously were posted..
delete if you dont care about plz ;)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Do it, man. Not only because Soundwave is all kinds of awesome but you'll be supporting a MP that isn't another Optimus or Seeker repaint.

Yeah, but the Japanese versions overpriced compared to the Toys R Us version if it's like Grimlock or Optimus. I just wish my TRU was better about getting them.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/188726_10150152778059612_2331977_n.jpg[IMG]
picked up some food during my army duty
aint it nice?

*oops* just figured out this is not gaming related... but so are those bike gloves that previously were posted..
delete if you dont care about plz ;)[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, you can post non-gaming stuff here too. Nice pick-up. :P

There's plenty of the 1% members here on GAF.

I once stopped posting in the pickup threads because I could not compete with the Ferraris.

I just keep telling myself that these people are living with huge debt and then it makes it easier to sleep at night

I love that there is a thread for "look at all this shit we bought!".
I really should post something someday.
Honestly the thread idea sounds douchey but I love looking at this thread because sometimes I discover stuff that I would totally purchase as well but prior to viewing the thread had no idea it existed.

Now that I'm out of school I might post some past pick-ups that I missed and my gaming room has been updated so I got get pics up of that as well

RkOwnage

Yeah, Pick up threads are my absolute favorite, I love seeing what other people have bought, it's fun and sometimes I discover things on here I had no idea were around and I buy them myself, so I guess I owe you guys a thank you! :)

Anywho, my pickup for August so far:

Since we're in the Orlando Area, Walt Disney World Annual Premium passes! Woot

Not a bad way to start the month.

DSC06502.jpg

It was another one of those days at work where someone brought in a huge plastic bin of old PC/Mac/Playstation games. The first thing you should always do is go for the Jewel cases.

mblitek

and here's the Maharishi:

Dude, how come you are not taking these pictures with a Hasselblad camera? ;)

plc268

delete if you dont care about plz ;)

Don't worry about it. Stuff doesn't have to be strictly gaming related. If it's interesting, post it.

mblitek

[...][/IMG]
AzOv0I5CYAAD11t.jpg:large

AyLYjs0CQAAoON1.jpg:large

Niiiice! What spec did you pickup? I still have to take pictures of mine that I got on Monday :)

As for "The Wire" pickup, have you seen the show before? I remember trying to watch it a few years ago, but I couldn't get past the first episode or two. What is your opinion of it?

I see from your avatar that you also have fine taste with Heisenberg so maybe my TV viewing should try The Wire again?

etae

DSC_1988.jpg

Gnarly. Is that a speedometer in the upper left?

Cudder

Niiiice! What spec did you pickup? I still have to take pictures of mine that I got on Monday :)

As for "The Wire" pickup, have you seen the show before? I remember trying to watch it a few years ago, but I couldn't get past the first episode or two. What is your opinion of it?

I see from your avatar that you also have fine taste with Heisenberg so maybe my TV viewing should try The Wire again?

It's the base model Retina with upped memory to 16GB.

I haven't seen The Wire before, but reading through a shitload of LTTP threads in the OT with everyone saying how good it was got me interested. I'm about 5 or 6 episodes in the first season right now, and I definitely am enjoying it, maybe not to the extent that other people here are, but it is pretty awesome. Looking forward to watching more.

Lombax

Banned

It is hard to express how amazing The Wire is. Take it for what its worth but IMHO it was the best show on Television. There is a overarching plot line, each season also has its own story. the characters are extremely well written and the show has some dark humor to it as well.

Het_Nkik

Got an Everdrive flash cart for Game Gear. It comes with only the PCB so I had to gut a game to use the cartridge case. I used Sonic Blast because fuck Sonic Blast.

The two Phantasy Star games are the games I'll be running on my Game Gear but patched in English. I didn't buy those this month but they're there to show I'm not a pirate.

sikkinixx

Some odds and ends so far.

7693668464_83bb4e44c1_b.jpg

An old rotary phone for 1975. I like it. Some twit pulled out the ringer though so I guess I'll need to scrounge up one of those.

7693686400_7a45908425_b.jpg

Decided to stop waiting for my landlord to replace my ceiling light and got this one in the As-Is department at Ikea. $60 down to $20 so I'll take it. Give the LL the receipt and I should make him pay me for my time installing it. Cheap ass.

7693692582_2cc4de33e6_b.jpg

Gears 3 finally. $10 used so I couldn't turn it down.

Top Bottom