• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Plasmid

Got these today, tomorrow my telescope and t2i telescope adapter come in :D.

media

Wazzim

Banned
188726_10150152778059612_2331977_n.jpg

picked up some food during my army duty
aint it nice?

*oops* just figured out this is not gaming related... but so are those bike gloves that previously were posted..
delete if you dont care about plz ;)

The pick-ups don't have to be gaming related, nice eggs!

-PXG-

I haven't posted a gaming pickup in ages. I've acquired so many Steam games, I've lost count and track. Anyway, here is the other stuff I got recently.

a14bk.jpg

BOOKS!!!

cmQCn.jpg

SHIRTS!!!

nwGb0.jpg

A Nixon watch from my GF.

Well, today was my birthday so I got a few things from my wife (and for myself HAHA)

Monthly Japanese car mags with a D1 Street Legal DVD

DSC_0922.jpg

My friend who's living in London is home for the next few weeks, and she brought me something nice back for my B-Day...

DSC_0918.jpg

DSC_0916.jpg

The Man U scarf is proper! (and a nice bonus).

And last but not least...

DSC_0912.jpg

A little something for my basement build. I need a kick in the butt to finish it, and this is it! JVC RS55 with a few 3D glasses and the 3D emitter...I need to pick up another pair of glasses and a mount...

Cheska

So I haven't been gaming as much but I've certainly been busy with comics ;)

DSC00658.jpg

Catwoman #30-82. I was really only interested in the Adam Hughes run but I got a good deal on everything. The last issue, #83 is on it's way.

DSC00657.jpg

Some of the Avengers vs X-men comics. I had to order some of the other issues separately since the comic store didn't have them.

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

fb991d78.jpg

And for the most expensive part.....

36f718f0.jpg

42522ff8.jpg

0a67432a.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

I'm really getting into Huntress lately so my obsession is leading me to get as much of her products as possible.

DSC00669.jpg

Only gaming related thing I've bought recently lol.

Hey everyone! I am excited that my birthday is coming up, but, before the day comes on Friday, I checked my mail, and I got a couple packages early. The first is a USB 3.0 adapter...the second set of things...I am warning you, contains something disturbing, and will be somewhat frightening..! Anyway, the USB adapter:

Short initial review: Has both an SD card reader (up to XC capacity) and micro SD adapter. Really like the adapter speeds, but this one is too damn wide! Thankfully, my USB 3.0 is far off from the other USB slots. I am eventually looking for a set of 3.0 slots to be installed in the front, 3.5" 'floppy' slots. But most I find are very short (and sadly, I bought one before, and it didn't work). Anyone have tips? Thanks in advanced!!!

Now I warned you. I recalled seeing these in Gif form before, so when I found it on sale the other week, I had to snag it! Behold..the Horse Head Mask! (bonus! a 'My Little Epona' T-shirt is new as well, but I got that a day ago...so technically a July pick-up.)
If anyone has a 3DS, I have the .MPOs of the mask too...=p If you'd like, I'll upload those...but I was lazy.

The mask review: I like it. My head is big though or something, so it is a tight fit....that said, I can see out of the mouth hole fine. Dogs HATE IT! My little dog tried to attack it after I took it off; seems to offend pets! Seems to be a perfect freak out mask.

Cheddahz

Banned

DSC00658.jpg

Catwoman #30-82. I was really only interested in the Adam Hughes run but I got a good deal on everything. The last issue, #83 is on it's way.

DSC00657.jpg

Some of the Avengers vs X-men comics. I had to order some of the other issues separately since the comic store didn't have them.

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

fb991d78.jpg

36f718f0.jpg

42522ff8.jpg

0a67432a.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

I'm really getting into Huntress lately so my obsession is leading me to get as much of her products as possible.

DSC00669.jpg

I really wish I could spend a bunch of time in comics, the only thing is that the local comic book store in my town closed down a while back, so it's been kinda hard to keep active in comics

etae

FHVGN.jpg

I apologize for the photo quality(taken with a 4th gen ipod touch.)
I forgot I preordered this. The two decks on the right were free extras.

Picked up a Neo Geo machine after work today. Very happy for $200. Have some main board issues, but it is a cheap replacement.

Selvaria

Pardon the poor quality of the photo.

I just got this in the mail yesterday:

P4A.jpg

Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena, a pre-order bonus arranged soundtrack, and a set of stickers.

The Boat

Thanks dude, going to see if they ship cheap to Portugal!
EDIT: Aaw can't get the ones from teefury :(

Borman

Picked up a Neo Geo machine after work today. Very happy for $200. Have some main board issues, but it is a cheap replacement.

Neo-

Viewpoint should almost cover the cost of the cabinet by now, I know it did for me years ago, should you choose to sell it.

Saroyan

[/URL]

Very nice, I love Neo Geos.

I missed out on a 4 slot big red cab in minty condition with 6 carts for $400 a few months back. The guy sold it out from under me before I got off work to go look at it or I would have one too, I'm a little jelly, hehe. I don't really have room for one, and I already have an MVS setup with a homemade supergun, but it would be cool to have the cab.

Ban Puncher

Showed up in the mail this morning :)

QNNJw.jpg

I'm not sure if I can plug it into a 120v outlet directly. Anyone know?

The PhatS3 definitely has a voltage converter inbuilt. I've been running my 100v JPN launch console on a 240v outlet since day one with no issues.

Card Boy

Banned
FHVGN.jpg

I forgot I preordered this. The two decks on the right were free extras.

Lucky SOB.

I sent them a email and they said they are looking into my order. I think they also made a mistake and gave me an extra 2500 shadow crystals aswell.

Apparently my package got lost by USPS so they are sending out another.

Hey Kale what comic book store do you go to since I know you're from the Bay too? I've been to a couple of nice ones in Sacramento but they're so far :(

Comic Ink in Dublin is my local shop. I've known the current owner for a while as he used to be a manager at a nearby Gamestop. Look them up if you're around. :)

TommyT

Bad pics. Rather rushed as I just got home...

cOyaF.jpg

... from a baseball game (Texas Rangers) where I proposed on the Kiss Cam.

She said yes!

LZEp8.jpg

The proposal totally turned around the game and came out a win! Was a pretty good day, especially since it was my birthday!

edit: I ended up quoting Eddie Izzard with a twist to pop the question:

...your eyes flashed fire into my soul, I immediately read the words of Dostoevsky and Karl Marx, and in the words of Albert Schweitzer, 'Will you marry me?' "

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bad pics. Rather rushed as I just got home...

http://i.imgur.com/cOyaF.jpg[IMG]

... from a baseball game (Texas Rangers) where I proposed on the Kiss Cam.

She said yes!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/LZEp8.jpg[IMG]

The proposal totally turned around the game and came out a win! Was a pretty good day, especially since it was my birthday!

edit: I ended up quoting Eddie Izzard with a twist to pop the question:[/QUOTE]

Feel good story, congrats man

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

fb991d78.jpg

36f718f0.jpg

42522ff8.jpg

0a67432a.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00669.jpg

I am insanely jealous of that haul. Especially the Catwoman stuff, fiancée is a huge fan. In fact I tried to get her that Adam Hughes statue a few months back, found one for £85 quid, compared to the £150+ they were going for on eBay, but the shop ended up telling me they checked all their branches and the stock level was a mistake. Was gutted. Seen they're releasing a new version just before her birthday though, so aiming for that.

And does the DDD guide talk about changing the Dream Eaters dispositions? It's the one thing I really want it for as it's driving me mad.

Kept forgetting to post to my actual game pick ups from last month, so here's the haul. Ended up getting waaaaay more than I had planned on for July, but sales and such tempted me so.

d1dSil.jpg

ngWVwl.jpg

hwZRdl.jpg

q7gFRl.jpg

UpjITl.jpg

uGRvBl.jpg

dYP1Il.jpg

-PXG-

Thanks dude, going to see if they ship cheap to Portugal!
EDIT: Aaw can't get the ones from teefury :(

I gave you the titles and the artist for a reason ;)

Sometimes, the artist will have their designs on other sites, such as Redbubble or Shirtoid. You just have to look. Those two I got straight from Teefury when they released.

The Boat

I gave you the titles and the artist for a reason ;)

Sometimes, the artist will have their designs on other sites, such as Redbubble or Shirtoid. You just have to look. Those two I got straight from Teefury when they released.
I'll keep my eyes out for those, especially mask collector. Thanks!

Auskeek

stuffs day

SNES: Arkanoid: Doh It Again, Firepower 2000
firepowerdohitagain.jpg

AnecdoteGAF: This was my original "WHY DID I BUY THIS" game. I was pretty young at the time, and my parents would let me buy one game a year. I saw the box for Arkanoid and I thought I'd be in for some badass vertical scrolling dog fighting action. Brought it home, booted it up, and I think I must have literally just stared at the screen gasping for a good 5 minutes.

I've bought plenty of worse games since then, and now looking back, Arkanoid isn't even a bad game. I remember eventually having some pretty good fun with it, especially the boss battles, it's just that my young heart had never been deceived so completely before. (and I don't mean to criticise the pickup, you have a good haul there)

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
AnecdoteGAF: This was my original "WHY DID I BUY THIS" game. I was pretty young at the time, and my parents would let me buy one game a year. I saw the box for Arkanoid and I thought I'd be in for some badass vertical scrolling dog fighting action. Brought it home, booted it up, and I think I must have literally just stared at the screen gasping for a good 5 minutes.

I've bought plenty of worse games since then, and now looking back, Arkanoid isn't even a bad game. I remember eventually having some pretty good fun with it, especially the boss battles, it's just that my young heart had never been deceived so completely before. (and I don't mean to criticise the pickup, you have a good haul there)

hehe glancing at it i would of taken it to be a gradius type game with the space ship and a moai head on the cover myself to if i didnt know what arkanoid was but hey atleast you can get a power up that gives your paddle guns so if you squint hard enough you can pretend its not just a breakout clone

Westraid

Finally arrived!

batmanshirt1.png

Because I'm awful at taking pictures (my Olympus camera is so heavy I need to hold it with two hands wtf), here are some better ones from the website.
batmanshirt2.png

Cudder

Well, new SFU album isn't so great, but for $20 I can see them live.
Also Amon Amarth.

Awesome on the AA, man. They're my favourite band. I've seen them live probably about 6 times or so, great show. Will they be running through their discography at that show?

Top Bottom