• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

haikira

No interesting physical pick ups this month. But a good trio of digital ones.

untitled-1ucuqv.png

Completed Sleeping Dogs and have put a few hours into the other two. Most happy with the Sleeping Dogs purchase so far.

Etzer

I got more stuff that I thought I would this month:

Blue 3DS XL and Colors! 3D (blue Club Nintendo pouch arrived a few days ago):

Couldn't say no to this for $5 shipped:

I ordered Trace Memory to replay it on the 3DS XL around a month ago and it arrived yesterday, but it was the EU version. lol Good thing the 3DS is region free for regular DS games. Also got Centipede: Infestation ($6), PES 2011 ($7) and according to the tracking info Glory of Heracles ($6) should be waiting for me at home.
Custom cover art;)

And from earlier in the month (already posted in the Vita thread):
Vita case, analog stick covers and MGS skin

zmet

If you have watched this box ate yet, what is the video quality like? I have the old adv box set and honestly, it looks like a VHS rip
It looks much better than the old ADV dvds but there's some mild interlacing. I remember reading Right Stuf got a hold of the Japanese master for this release.

Jaroof

AC_Poster.jpg

GameInformer poster signed by some members of the magazine's writing staff.

And a GoW Ascension poster..
Kratosposter.jpg

Signed by T.C. Carson!
KratosSigned3.jpg

When I went to talk to him, I told him how badass his voice was, and how me and some of my friends would do impressions of his voice.. so he made me show him.
I yelled "Zeus!!"
Good stuff. He laughed.

mrkgoo

I guess I can contribute. Kinda obvious pickup, but it's my first serious foray back into gaming since 2008. From then up until now, I was more or less exclusive iOS, making exceptions to play Zelda games and portal 2.

3DSXL is just too much awesome, so I picked one up plus Ocarina, Star Fox 64, Street Fighter IV (always wanted to play this when it was released in 2008), Piltowings Resort, and Super Mario 3D land.
Gaming heaven!

mrkgoo

Man, the original DS was such an abomination.

It was, it really was. BUt I still loved it nevertheless. Feels like tank too.

3DS, which I guess is technically not as bad a design, feels so much uglier, because it's following on from stuff like DS Lite, and DSi, both amazing designs. It's one reason that held me off from getting a 3DS.

DS was brand new, so we didn't really have anything to compare it to.

I guess you COULD argue GBA SP, but that's not really the same either.

StayDead

Haven't had a chance to post anything since my Etrian Oddesy 4 post as my camera battery went dead. So here's the stuff from the past month or two.

IfmP5l.jpg

My old keyboard was 12 years old and had no lettering anymore :p

Ban Puncher

What the...how did you get Avengers already lol

It's been out since the start of this week in Australia. It's another month for America? Man, that blows.

I think I am the only person on the planet who has not seen the film. I intend to rectify that tomorrow evening.

jonno394

Haven't really bought much this month, but bought these just in time to post:

2012-08-30181127.jpg

The Former was a blind buy for £15 off ebay, the latter completes my FMA BD collection.

xJavonta

Banned
I guess I can contribute. Kinda obvious pickup, but it's my first serious foray back into gaming since 2008. From then up until now, I was more or less exclusive iOS, making exceptions to play Zelda games and portal 2.

3DSXL is just too much awesome, so I picked one up plus Ocarina, Star Fox 64, Street Fighter IV (always wanted to play this when it was released in 2008), Piltowings Resort, and Super Mario 3D land.
Gaming heaven!

awesome pics
Nice! I wanted the Red XL, but the silver looks really nice in these pictures.
Man, the original DS was such an abomination.
Lol yeah it was. I traded mine in. Awful battery life, huge size, and terrible screens. I loved it when it launched though.
GW2 pic

Loving it so far.

Nice pickup, just try not to swear because you'll get banned in a heartbeat lol

Been after an early copy that had the Thriller song in the game.
So how did you manage to track down one of the revisions that had Thriller on it? Your average eBay seller sure isn't going to be the sort that knows which version they are selling - it's the one that has stopped me from trying to get hold of a copy.

Rich!

Got this earlier, £22 from Tesco after using a coupon:

ijujuVkkHtBbu.jpg

Great special edition. Artbook and poster are both great. About to install the game now, along with Durante's mod!

Balboa

Haven't really bought much this month, but bought these just in time to post:

2012-08-30181127.jpg

The Former was a blind buy for £15 off ebay, the latter completes my FMA BD collection.
Are you in the uk? How did you manage to get a complete Fma bd collection? Do you just have a multiregion player?

Top Bottom