• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
NES: Joust, 720
joust720.jpg

Sega CD: Sonic CD
soniccd.jpg

Danielsan

Another new batch of SNES purchases arrived today.

Total money spent on this batch was €80 all together.

HNxLI.jpg

qlSUS.jpg

A second SNES, which will probably replace my old one. My old SNES on the left, the new one on the right. As you can see the plastic on the new one still retains its original grey colour whereas my old SNES is slightly yellowish on the front. The owner thought the SNES was busted due to the fact that he couldn't get a video signal. He was using the old RF cable that came with the system. I tested it with my Nintendo 64 scart cable and it works without a hitch. The system also came with an original controller. The plastic around the buttons is slightly beat up, but other than that it works great. I'm kind of surprised how new the d-pad feels on this thing. It's a lot tighter than the ones on my current controllers.

iGRSO.jpg

Along with the Super Nintendo and the original SNES controller came this weird third party touchpad turbo controller and a universal game adapter. I've never seen or played with a d-pad like this before. It's quite odd and while I prefer a traditional SNES d-pad/controller any time of the week, it does work. I imagine this controller could be a thumb saver if you enjoy fighting games that have a lot of half and quarter circle moves in them.

vDlR2.jpg

The Legend of Zelda and Secret of Mana. The two reasons I made this purchase in the first place. Both must own titles, and while I once owned a complete copy, I never actually played or finished Secret of Mana. I intend to set that wrong right soon. Both cartridges tend to go for around €40 to €50 a piece in The Netherlands, which means I already got my money's worth just with these two games.

gEgkN.jpg

A copy of Super Mario World along with its manual and a complete copy of The Ren & Stimpy Show: Time Warp. I already own a cartridge of Super Mario World + Super Mario All Stars, so this copy of Super Mario World will make an excellent companion piece when selling my old SNES. I've also put the copy of Ren & Stimpy up for sale. The general consensus seems to be that it isn't very good.

Uo1Bm.jpg

A complete NTSC copy of the Adam's Family along with some crappy football game called Dino Dini's Soccer. The Adam's Family seems alright, though I didn't particularly want it in my collection. I'll try to sell both of these to earn back a little money.

Even if I only managed to sell my old SNES + Super Mario World. I will still have gotten a great deal on A Link To The Past and Secret of Mana. Also having a better looking Super Nintendo is the cherry on top. Very pleased with my purchase.

Guiz

^ You got everything for only 80€???

I'm so jealous, I found a similar "deal" few days ago, the guy asked for around 300€. The right snes looks like new!!!

Danielsan

^ You got everything for only 80€???

I'm so jealous, I found a similar "deal" few days ago, the guy asked for around 300€. The right snes looks like new!!!
Yep, everything but the SNES on the left and its controller was €80. Needless to say I'm pleased as punch. With a little bit of luck I'll be able to make back the €80 by selling the stuff that I don't need or want. :)

zmet

Complete Super Game Boy 2
jp31.jpg

I never noticed that the original one played GB games faster, and sure enough it does. This one plays them at the normal speed.

The Professional: Golgo 13 and Space Adventure Cobra
jp32.jpg

1980's anime still amazes me! Both of these titles are must, if you like anime that is.

Loose TMNT 2 (aka The Manhattan Project on the NES) and Martian Successor Nadesico: Complete Collection
jp33.jpg

Boardwalk Empire: The Complete Second Season, Transformer Japanese Collection: Victory, and The Walking Dead: The Complete Second Season
jp34.jpg

Loose Moai-Kun
jp35.jpg

Cute action puzzler staring that Moai head from Gradius - great music too!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Loose TMNT 2 (aka The Manhattan Project on the NES) and Martian Successor Nadesico: Complete Collection
jp33.jpg

Rightstuf is shipping that now? I thought it didn't come out for another month or something... hmmm... well, guess I'll be picking that one up pretty soon.

zmet

Rightstuf is shipping that now? I thought it didn't come out for another month or something... hmmm... well, guess I'll be picking that one up pretty soon.

Yeah, most of the pre-ordered stuff I get from them shows up a week or two early for some reason.

Cdammen

I love shitty catastrophe movies, and I also really enjoy the Bourne trilogy, looking forward to the new one on cinema.

1346174008-20120828-IMG_4690%20copy.jpg

Only movies at the moment. I bought Dark Souls on Steam and it has been beating my ass so I'm taking a break from it.

Thinking about buying Beat the Beat for my Wii.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
No games today, but Telltale's The Walking Dead ep 3 comes tomorrow.

Kinetic by kurt stationary bike trainer.
Metz 50 af-1 flash
Cowboy studios wireless triggers
trainer.jpg

Closed patella knee sleeve
Liner polarizing filter
kneesleeve.jpg

bikeont.jpg

Gold/silver reflector.
reflect.jpg

Tunic

VfdWG.jpg

A few more August pickups. Picked up new Maui Jim Makaha sunglasses, The Walking Dead Season 2 Blu-ray, and Ratatouille Blu-ray. Ratatouille was on sale at Best Buy for $19.99 and includes a voucher for up to a $12 movie ticket to see Finding Nemo 3D here in a few weeks.

Zing

Banned
Wow, Diamond Multimedia is still alive?

I remember always wanting the Diamond Viper video card. I did have their Voodoo card, though.

Guelph-20120828-00358.jpg

I've always wanted to try Drill Dozer and $14 wasn't a bad idea. I also bought this second copy of Rayman Origins since it was only $10. Now it have it for 360 and PS3!

HYDE

Banned
Yep, everything but the SNES on the left and its controller was €80. Needless to say I'm pleased as punch. With a little bit of luck I'll be able to make back the €80 by selling the stuff that I don't need or want. :)

I imported a SNES from England and it's glorious. I only own Mario Allstars so far.

Guiz

RxUoo.png

My last pickup of the month... Not really game related, but it's my first trip outside EU. I'm so happy, I can't wait. BTW, if some of you guys have any advices, I'll take all of them!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
jp33.jpg

It's kind of interesting why the numbering is off from the American NES versions. Initially I assumed that TMNT1 hadn't come to Famicom, but it did: under the more Japanized kanji name of Gekikame Ninja Den 激亀忍者伝 meaning "Fierce Turtle Ninja Legend" :p Later games just went with a katakana version of the English name.

My last pickup of the month... Not really game related, but it's my first trip outside EU. I'm so happy, I can't wait. BTW, if some of you guys have any advices, I'll take all of them!

I recently visited a friend in New York in July. One of the best slices of pizza I've ever had was at this place called Artichoke Pizza in the East Village. If you find yourself around there for whatever reason - GO! And get the artichoke slice - it's a super thick and yummy pizza covered in gooey delicious alfredo sauce and artichokes. And of course you should visit the famous museums like MoMA, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the Natural History Museum. Admission is pay as you wish for the last two, and MoMA has free Fridays every Friday evening from 4-8 PM if you're in town on a Friday. Hope you have a wonderful time on your first visit to America!

Sadist

Can't remember the last time I posted in this thread... so I'll post all of my pick-ups from the last couple of months!

Steam games not included:

yzrHc.jpg

And yeah, a friend of mine visiting Tokyo brought back a copy of Investigations 2 so I'm happy. Be damned Capcpom for not localizing this one. Can't wait for the fan translation!

6t5OS.jpg

kiyomi

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Haven't played either TC game yet but I'm pretty excited for it. Enjoying the rest. New Blood was like £3 brand new. I've been playing NMH this morning, seems pretty good so far.

I apologise for the frankly abysmal resolution here, in the end I just grabbed whatever was closest to me and it ended up being the Vita, lol.

oh and some download stuff

4.jpg

:)

Manp

Another new batch of SNES purchases arrived today.

Total money spent on this batch was €80 all together.

HNxLI.jpg

qlSUS.jpg

A second SNES, which will probably replace my old one. My old SNES on the left, the new one on the right. As you can see the plastic on the new one still retains its original grey colour whereas my old SNES is slightly yellowish on the front.

you should retrobright that one on the left

robot

A pretty big pickup this month, last arcade PCB purchase of the year too!

Full CPS3 setup w/ Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (ver. 990512)

ae7fe7a8f16c11e1b95b22000a1e9f9a_6.jpg
bdd8af7cf16311e1acff22000a1e8b23_6.jpg
388c8198f15b11e1bb3522000a1e9bb7_6.jpg

Danielsan

Just a few more items coming in today. I still have one more game coming in this week. And it's a great one. :)

HLDBp.jpg

A multitap for playing Super Bomberman 2 and an awesome new controller. Easily the best looking and most responsive SNES controller I own right now.

Donkey Kong Country 2. Now I just need to get my hands on the first one for a reasonable price.

you should retrobright that one on the left

I didn't even know that was possible. Already sold the SNES on the left to a friend, but I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Haven't posted in this thread in ages, here's my pick-ups for the month

BRhnNl.jpg
ujAd2l.jpg

theXil.jpg
AHf65l.jpg

xQJp2l.jpg

got a coupon for this from FS's magazine so I finally picked up one
5KZDAl.jpg

only summer of arcade pick-up
mUnBfl.jpg

oUjHMl.jpg
T3EMNl.jpg

2baYTl.jpg
9zYRql.jpg

XGdcQl.jpg

sikkinixx

7888153266_03bb71ff45_z.jpg

Entered the world of charcoal grilling. At $20 I couldn't say no to this little Weber. Picked up the charcoal chimney last night and did up some sausages. Worked great. Smelled like camping. Tonight I try some thick cut pork chops.

7888150388_fb2b678370.jpg

Found this at an antique store for $5 and had to get it. A cool Swingline stapler. I'm deciding whether or not to clean it up. Kinda dig the look.

7888848352_2183c66d22.jpg

Got this for $2 at a Goodwill in Warrenton, Oregon on our way down the coast. Heavy as shit. Some Googling around seems to indicate cast-iron, 1950-60's. All cleaned up and looks sharp.

7888234254_5cda3fbda1.jpg

So much better than the original it hurts.

And finally:

7888303944_a7fbac65af.jpg

I'm really broke now but she said yes.

Yes Boss!

Ha!

Wish I was having as much fun as you buying stuff. Love seeing all the arcade stuff. Stuff is so cool.

Gotta get back in the buying game but I got fed up with paying student loans and resolved to pay the damn things off in two years. Only 25K--kinda lucky it is low, and feel sorry for folks going to college today--but that is a $400 monthly payment I no longer want.

Cdammen

1346262471-20120829-IMG_4691%20copy.jpg

Nothing gaming related yet. Donald Duck "Lost in the Andes", Judge Dredd the Complete Case Files #1, and Batman the Long Halloween.

Top Bottom