• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

5amshift

Banned
ps1games.jpg

Picked these games up at a yard sale and helped a kid be able to pick up Dream Drop Distance with the money. The kid was so excited.

I bought Devil Summoner 1 from Glyde for $56, it was supposed to be in excellent condition but the case was really beat up and the disc had some light scratches. At least the manual is mint, looks like it was never read. I already replaced the case and cleaned up the disc, luckily it reads just fine.

It's crazy how expensive Raidou is compared to the other PS2 games nowadays. I remember when Raidou was the only PS2 SMT game you could get for under $20. Now it's the only one that you can't get for under $20.

nan0

Wave Race: Blue Storm for 5 € used at Amazon. I considered the wave physics at WR64 as very good, but this... Probably as difficult as riding a real Jet Ski

dscf1018oopc7.png

nny

Let's Pick-up update!

My Resonance boxed edition finally arrived:

DSC07910.jpg

Psychonauts t-shirt and Brütal Legend (signed):

DSC07909.jpg

DSC07907.jpg

PSN money to buy:

DSC07905.jpg

DSC07903.jpg

DSC07902.jpg

RkOwnage

August has been good to me!

Jaws
The Rescuers/Down Under
The Tigger Movie
Pocahontas 1/2
Aristocats
3DS XL
New Super Mario Bros 2.

New Dining Room Table

New Couch (video game related because I have to sit somewhere to game, amirite? XD)

WoW players, you know what this is, and it finally dropped, after months of running it every day.

And finally, I have discovered Joe's Crab Shack off International Drive in Orlando.
Amazing. Uh-mazing.

entremet

its best to not think on how much youve spent on it lol anyway n64 stuff showed up

N64: Wave Race 64, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
starwarswaverace.jpg

N64: Bomberman Hero
bombermanhero.jpg

edit: no idea why the images are so big i shrunk em down but still showing up big :p

Forgot how nondescript the PC titles for n64 were. If only Sony would learn from that.

It's been an expensive 2 months for me, but I'm happy with the results!

Got a new watch. Fossil Twist

AaWw3.jpg

I got this GS3 to replace my iPhone 4S in July.

6cXmn.jpg

And the biggest purchase of them all: a Canon 17-55 f2.8. If this lens was any sharper, it would be dangerous!

RhcGh.jpg

Then finally, some glass for my glass: A B&W Kaesemann polarizer

Mj84T.jpg

Oh man, congrats! You got yourself one of the best lenses ever made for a Canon DSLR. It's been in my wishlist since forever but I just can't afford it.

Thanks! It really is great.

I got this one because I'll be using a crop-sensor for the foreseeable future, so this is effectively my 24-70, since the real one is way out of my price-range.

A bunch of new stuff!
Free Second monitor for helping a friend move! haha
iXrMb8lgY78bh.JPG

For every game that I beat I buy a case for it ;) Journey to Silius WILL BE BEATEN TODAY(I hope). I beat this bad boy last week for the first time ever in my 24 years of life.
izHmSbfV8jCth.JPG

iSrT3nGI7Rcli.JPG

iSetXSbBkmPII.JPG

i53oZKOPfe51Q.JPG

ibdW9DZ5y9aP4p.JPG

iboVCI89sk6nsb.JPG

idPf9CSGL4ODV.JPG

ibbXAxcCMJd9qe.JPG

izn5brJdm7yFR.JPG

i1QfwT36daRp2.JPG

ibsrP49Kjgx050.JPG

inbWjCjloWx8u.JPG

iYvUE8jN5RbWq.JPG

ibxxiHGQxi05Pg.JPG

ijNjLsF7allQz.JPG

Quick

Banned
iDwX3tU4Ztjob.JPG
ibxlwCZz3MOWOl.JPG

ibm667ttYx9WsT.JPG
ijkmTq7xQVqc8.JPG

Best Buy had a deal going with the Vita last week that bundled it with Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Picked up MLB 12: The Show and a 16GB memory card.

Went to Fan Expo in Toronto this weekend, they had PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale available to play, and anyone who played got a PS+ 30-day trial. The people I went with didn't really care for it, so they gave me codes, as well as me jumping back in line. I eventually won a game, and the prize was the Killzone 3 Helghast Marksman from the Helghast Edition CE. Today being the last day, I guess they overestimated the stock they had and needed to get rid of them, so they were giving it to anyone who got near them.

Sleeping Dogs - GREAT GAME.

And that last picture is of Stan Lee's autograph. Nuff said.

Locke562

I must ask, where did you get the prints, or if you had to make them yourself, where can I get the art to do the same?
I got the hi-res art from either the December 2010 or January 2011 pickup thread and I had a living social deal for vista print. I got $50 worth of print work done for $5.

P.S. don't use vista print. That's the largest poster size they had. Just find a local print shop somewhere and give them the jpegs on a disc. I'm probably going to get them printed in a larger size at some point.

Best Buy had a deal going with the Vita last week that bundled it with Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Picked up MLB 12: The Show and a 16GB memory card.

Went to Fan Expo in Toronto this weekend, they had PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale available to play, and anyone who played got a PS+ 30-day trial. The people I went with didn't really care for it, so they gave me codes, as well as me jumping back in line. I eventually won a game, and the prize was the Killzone 3 Helghast Marksman from the Helghast Edition CE. Today being the last day, I guess they overestimated the stock they had and needed to get rid of them, so they were giving it to anyone who got near them.

Sleeping Dogs - GREAT GAME.

And that last picture is of Stan Lee's autograph. Nuff said.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did Stan Lee's autograph cost you? I am going to Dragon*Con this weekend and he will be there signing. I want to know how much to bring if I want to buy it. Don't want to be an ass, but he is not long for this world

leftstick

Neo Member
8SK4Rl.jpg

Waiting for boot camp the wife and I have moved in with family, and with no rent and decreased bills I have actually had some spending money.

I know that it's dumb to buy video games that I won't play for a couple of months, but oh well.

The covers are from the "Alternate Cover" thread.

Quick

Banned
If you don't mind me asking, how much did Stan Lee's autograph cost you? I am going to Dragon*Con this weekend and he will be there signing. I want to know how much to bring if I want to buy it. Don't want to be an ass, but he is not long for this world

$50 for each item. Don't expect to have a chat with him, though.

I'm assuming it's his people, and not Fan Expo's, that kept an eye on him, and they weren't exactly nice or gentle about you getting anything more than the actual autograph. After he signs, his people automatically try to get you out of there without hesitation.

Ban Puncher

bNEdz.jpg

Hori Persona 4 Arena Stick PS3

Samus Zero Suit figure

Yotsuba&! Danboard original recipe and 'Yoku Dekimasita' version figures

Ghost Sweeper Mikami SFC

Rockman 2 and Goonies on Famicom

Busy day at the front door with delivery people this morning. Been after a copy of GS Mikami and a Danboard for a while so fairly chuffed to finally get my greasy mitts on them. Found the Famicom games at a garage sale I was walking past for 50 cents each.

isual

I bought Devil Summoner 1 from Glyde for $56, it was supposed to be in excellent condition but the case was really beat up and the disc had some light scratches. At least the manual is mint, looks like it was never read. I already replaced the case and cleaned up the disc, luckily it reads just fine.

Yeah, 56 bucks is still a premium price to pay for a discontinued print game.

I hope these images aren't too big. Please don't quote the entire post!

I picked up a bunch of stuff in the last few weeks.
Let's get started.

IMG_6513.png

No, this wasn't $19.99.... the box on display was snapped in half so I asked the girl at the counter if she'd trade it out for a good one so she gave me this one.

IMG_6484.png

OH MAN AN AGS-101

...wait what's this
IMG_6485.png

Crap.
Tried turning it on, got nothing. It would charge but wouldn't power up even when plugged in.
I think it's fried. Oh well, if the screen still works I can use it for something I've been planning...

Next up, two DMGs.
IMG_6489.png

Both of them were extremely dirty when I got them. This is the after picture. Both have the latch snapped off of the battery door.
The left one works but has some dead pixels:
IMG_6487.png

This might be fixable, I'm not sure. DMGs are sometimes finicky about this. Also it looks like the PO may have tried to disassemble it at one point because all but one of the triwings have been removed.

The right one has a RADICAL screen protector (I'm assuming the POs were brothers and used that to differentiate them) and has too much corrosion on the contacts so it won't power on at all under battery power. It works if I plug it in, so I need to disassemble it to clean the contacts.
The screen has a huge amount of dead pixels:
IMG_6488.png

I'm not sure if I can fix this. :(

IMG_6503.png

woah is that another AGS-101?
It came with THPS3 and Lizzie McGuire 3 welp

IMG_6495.png

OH MAN IT WORKS YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Why am I nerding so much over the AGS-101????
Well, if you don't know what it is, the AGS-101 is a hardware revision to the GBASP that introduced a legitimate backlit screen. The screen is SO BRIGHT and the colors are just amazing.
Let me show you some comparison shots of why it's so good, next to an original SP.
Low Brightness:
IMG_6497.png

High Brightness:
IMG_6498.png

Dark Shot:
IMG_6500.png

(except you can actually see it not-on-camera)
As you can see, the screen is just infinitely better in every way. The AGS-101 is by far the best iteration of the gameboy ever and they're relatively rare and expensive to get. I got mine for cheap though and it's al-
IMG_6496.png

Crap.
The PO bedazzled it. I think this is stuck on there with super glue. How am I going to get this off.

IMG_6504.png

Grape GBC. Came with Kirby's Pinball Land and AW YEAH Pocket Bomberman this game is awesome

Secret bonus: These were in the GBC's battery compartment!
IMG_6505.png

They still work! Nice! Fortunately I have a charger I can use them on :)

IMG_6506.png

Atomic Purple GBC.

IMG_6507.png

Another DMG. The entire battery compartment was corroded and it only worked when I plugged it in. I'll have to disassemble it as well. I think this might have been sitting in someone's basement for years or something because all of this stuff was completely covered with soot. It was inside of an official Nintendo Carrying Case, but I'm probably not keeping that because it was kind of disgusting.
Came with:
Tetris (Kinda dingy. As you can see, the label is peeling off at the bottom corners so I'll have to reglue that but the cart is also turning brownish...?)
Power Play Football (Doesn't seem to work)
Dr. Mario
Official Nintendo 4-player Link Cable attachment (What GB games use 4-player...?)
Official Nintendo Charger
This is the only DMG that I've seen with this sticker on it:
IMG_6508.png

Lot of 9 Game Gear games.
IMG_6509.png

Sonic
Sonic 2
Sonic Chaos
World Class Leaderboard Golf
Clutch Hitter
Super Monaco GP
Pac-Man
Columns
G-Loc Air Battle

IMG_6510.png

Another (yellow) DMG. It was extremely dirty. Came in a clear hard case with Rugrats Time Travelers, Roger Clemens MVP Baseball, and a bunch of rechargeable battery stuff. Speaker appears to be dead.
I think the case was some kind of thing that a game boy was bought in because it fit the gameboy and games perfectly and had nintendo stamps and a (different) DMG serial number and bar code sticker on it. I'm not sure what was supposed to be in the bottom left compartment but it wasnt the batteries.
IMG_6511.png

IMG_6512.png

PSX. Came with (badly spraypainted) controller, cord extender, composite cable, and power cable. Unfortunately a late model with no serial port on the back. I'll have to find another with one.

I found an independent book store that sells videogames (aka the only independent video game store in the entire city (state???)) and got these:
IMG_6514.png

Monster Rancher Advance 2
Wario's Woods
They had a pretty good selection and decent prices so I'm definitely going back. I found something pretty rare there... I'll get it one day.

Pietepiet

I'm not sure if I can fix this. :(

Usually applying some pressure where the ribbon cable for the screen connects to the board should fix the problem. That's how I've fixed a ton of DMGs with this very issue :)

You can also put a piece of cardboard between the casing and the part where it connects, so the pressure stays on it.

nan0

I think the case was some kind of thing that a game boy was bought in because it fit the gameboy and games perfectly and had nintendo stamps and a (different) DMG serial number and bar code sticker on it. I'm not sure what was supposed to be in the bottom left compartment but it wasnt the batteries.

I also had this case, my transparent DMG came in it but it looked like this. They probably sold them along the colored versions.

Top Bottom