• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

glaurung

dsiders2ce.jpg

Traded in my 3DS for this sexy blue 3DS XL alongside KH:3D. The XL pretty much fixed all of my issues with the original; I have very large hands and it was difficult to hold/play over an hour (especially my thumb) I also had issues with the screen being so tiny after playing on my Vita, I couldn't go back to the original 3DS. I threw in a pic of my smudged Vita just because :p

20120821_215358.jpg

Last month I picked this up, but I didn't post it. It quickly became one of my favorite portable games of all time.

About a week ago, I bought this. I haven't played a Kingdom Hearts game since the first one. The plot is as nonsensical as ever, but I enjoy the fanservice and whacking things with the keyblade. Pretty fun so far.

This isn't gaming related, but the internet loves cats. A few days ago, I noticed her inside the open trunk of my neighbor's car that morning. I told my neighbor and he said he would surrender her to our Humane Society. However, that night, in the rain, I heard crying coming from the bushes. That's where I found this same kitten. I've taken her in, despite having four other cats, and she's as happy as can be. I would report my neighbor, but I can't directly prove anything. She spent most of last night on my lap as I played Xenoblade Chronicles.

Yes Boss!

This isn't gaming related, but the internet loves cats. A few days ago, I noticed her inside the open trunk of my neighbor's car that morning. I told my neighbor and he said he would surrender her to our Humane Society. However, that night, in the rain, I heard crying coming from the bushes. That's where I found this same kitten. I've taken her in, despite having four other cats, and she's as happy as can be. I would report my neighbor, but I can't directly prove anything. She spent most of last night on my lap as I played Xenoblade Chronicles.

You win "best pickup" this month.

HildyB

You are a excellent human being.

You're a good human being.

xJavonta

Banned
Monitor buddy fistbump!

I didn't even know this was a thing. I had to look it up. W + SHift + Space works just fine on my keyboard. :)
Awesome! The key combo thing is only a problem if you play games like Portal 2 or FPS games that require use of jumping while sprinting. I've wanted one for those late nits when I don't want to make noise, might have to grab one now.

these are sick, gonna have to snag some decals for my stuff now :p

Danielsan

Two more SNES games came in the mail today and I have a bunch more SNES stuff on the way. I just listed all my recent SNES purchases in an Excell spreadsheet and found out I spent over €200 on SNES items these past two weeks. Woops! Time to get my ass off Ebay and similar sites because this already got out of hand a bit.

ibmgf2GgnXNh0u.jpg

hwy_61

Banned
Disclaimer!! I took these pictures with my 3GS, so sorry for the shit quality.

So, my mother in law is a housekeeper for this upper class family, and they're constantly giving her things like couches, old tvs, ect. Couple days ago, she calls me up:

M-I-L : "Hey you like video games right?"
ME: "Yup!"
M-I-L: "Well, I'm dropping off a box full of them."
ME: "Ok!"

Some old N64, and SNES games, and then I find this at the bottom of the box:

It's in OK shape, still boots up and everything!
A38aK.jpg

The only thing that sucks is that it was missing the cover to the sub battery housing, and I have no idea where to find a replacement! Maybe you can help GAF?
1nsHF.jpg

And finally, the games!
Gkc7O.jpg

7threst

What are the video outputs like on that FC3Plus? Also, I presume you can only use the controllers that are bundled with the unit itself?

The output is 3-way (left & right audio, and 1 video out), so it's like scart (sorry for the shitty pic):

The controller input has plastic covering the bottomleft and bottomright parts of the input to prevent other joysticks from being used I think, but I think you can use a sharp object to cut it away to change it in generic inputs like the ones on Atari's, Genesis, Commodore's etc so you can use these generic controllers. The FC3plus controllers fit into the Genesis so it should be ok (haven't tried them on my Genesis though):

plc268

It's been an expensive month for me. All purchases are from late July til now. I got back into handheld gaming in a BIG way.

7852106448_f3a58bc42d_z.jpg

I rebought MGS... I wish I never sold my original copy a couple of years ago. And, I got to play Wario Land 2 and 3 for the first time. Great games.

7852104222_a51d2b6352_z.jpg

Catching up on games I missed since the last time I owned a DS. Yep, that's two sealed copies of TWEWY. Ordered two accidentally from amazon (for $20, so no big deal considering what it sells for nowadays).

7852103312_24e61e5516_z.jpg

Picked up a few price dropped PS3 games, and an inkless metal pen. It writes like a pencil, but much lighter. To be honest, it's not worth what I paid. Still, a nice novelty though.

7852105636_ee66d26ebf_z.jpg

Picked up some of the better games for the 3DS. Been having fun with all of them.

Coconut

Banned
Disclaimer!! I took these pictures with my 3GS, so sorry for the shit quality.

So, my mother in law is a housekeeper for this upper class family, and they're constantly giving her things like couches, old tvs, ect. Couple days ago, she calls me up:

M-I-L : "Hey you like video games right?"
ME: "Yup!"
M-I-L: "Well, I'm dropping off a box full of them."
ME: "Ok!"

Some old N64, and SNES games, and then I find this at the bottom of the box:

It's in OK shape, still boots up and everything!
A38aK.jpg

The only thing that sucks is that it was missing the cover to the sub battery housing, and I have no idea where to find a replacement! Maybe you can help GAF?
1nsHF.jpg

And finally, the games!
Gkc7O.jpg

Thanks for reminding me about my old 16bit friend. I think I'm going to pick up the clear one to match my artic blue NGPC. MAy I also recommend picking up Sonic and Card fighters.

Saroyan

couple new items for my retro gaming setup:

s-video switch and s-video cables for my SNES and N64

which will be connected to this 32" tank,

I almost herniated myself carrying this thing, haha. Next time I move it I'm asking for help.
But now with the switch I'll be able to switch between NES, SNES and N64 without changing cables around.

Not gaming related, but unfortunately I picked this up today too.

Rolled my ankle pretty bad on some stairs at work today, hurts like a bitch.

Sora_N

Catching up on games I missed since the last time I owned a DS. Yep, that's two sealed copies of TWEWY. Ordered two accidentally from amazon (for $20, so no big deal considering what it sells for nowadays).

GOD I'M JEALOUS :(

Nice haul, GB <3!

Danielsan

More posters...

Rd88E.jpg
I would probably kill to have one of those Olly Moss Totoro Posters So gorgeous.

A new batch of SNES games just arrived. These are the cheapest lot that I've purchased thusfar. &#8364;5 per game and &#8364;2 shipping for all three combined. Never played Super Punchout back in the day. It looks amazing and is so much fun!

ibiJlpEhjtcyLx.jpg

noodalls

b15092bb.jpg

Back from trip to Japan. Now have every issue of arcadia but for five back in 2000/2001 (have 3/5 of those but they are in pieces).

Contents include ~60 issues of arcadia, Dragonball raging blast, Gundam exvs, One Piece Musou, GITS SAC, KOF NW, NGBC, SFAA Gravity rush and SCV/TTT2 artbooks.

Awww!

isual

Pickups for August so far,

Devil Summoner 1 and Devil Summoner 2 Raiho Special Edition
Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2
Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time
P4 Arena
The Last Story
SSFIV: Arcade Edition
Uncharted 3
Willy Wonka Blu-ray book
And my first smart phone, a Samsung Galaxy SIII

Good Jack Frost man, How much did you pay for Devil Summoner 1 ? That goes for at LEAST 100 USD.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I spent over &#8364;200 on SNES items these past two weeks. Woops!

its best to not think on how much youve spent on it lol anyway n64 stuff showed up

N64: Wave Race 64, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire
starwarswaverace.jpg

N64: Bomberman Hero
bombermanhero.jpg

edit: no idea why the images are so big i shrunk em down but still showing up big :p

On a similar note: recently I bought a PlayStation 2 (as noted in the LTTP thread I made immediately afterwards) for £20.

I also bought a few games with it:

Oni (50p used), SSX On Tour (£2 used) and Persona 3 FES (£18 used - I'll freely admit I got a bit ripped off there).
And now:

SMT Lucifer's Call (AKA Nocturne, £8.50 new. That's right, a seven year old game that's still sealed and unused for £8.50. British Pricing, ladies and gentlemen), a PlayStation 2 memory card (£6, also new and sealed), Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Edition (£5, new) and Downhill Domination (£2.07, used)

sublimit

Banned

Congrats for taking in the kitten and for playing Xenoblade Chronicles! :)

It's been a great month!

RbkfF.jpg

A local store had a buy 3, get 1 free promotion on PS2 games, so I picked up an extra copy of Way of the Samurai 2 along with a complete copy of Kuon! I was so worried that I'd never find another cheap complete copy after selling mine last year. Definitely my personal find of the month.

KbBdK.jpg

Spent some time with Last Story this month and I'm enjoying it so far, but it's kind of boring. Maybe I need to try out the online multiplayer. I'd really like to try out KH, but I really don't want to open the LE due to the price.

dgQ39.jpg

This has been my personal favorite video game pick-up of the month, though. I haven't put too much time into arcade or online, but I've played the fuck out of story mode.

eqCph.jpg

I started grad school this month, so I've been overwhelmed with reading lists and such, but I decided to pick-up a piece of critical work that I had been eying for a while. Can't wait to read it.

h4mda.jpg

...and finally, I rescued a six week old puppy from a local shelter last week. She was taken from a house that had over 40 dogs that were being abused and mistreated. Her name is Voodoo; she's a beagle mix.

Danielsan

The aspect ratio you're playing Yoshi's Island at is tripping me out.
PAL 50Hz copy I presume?
Yep, PAL copy. Which means shitty borders on the top and weirdly enough a small black border on the right side.I'm playing it in 14:9 which means it isn't stretched (as evidenced by the gray borders on the side).

Yep, PAL copy. Which means shitty borders on the top and weirdly enough a small black border on the right side.I'm playing it in 14:9 which means it isn't stretched (as evidenced by the gray borders on the side).

Heh, I just initially saw that it was stretched and was about to be disgusted... but then I noticed the borders at the top and bottom also.
My whole collection is PAL so I feel your pain :'(
I used to always use 14:9 mode with non-anamorphic DVD's also, thank god we're past that stage!

Danielsan

Heh, I just initially saw that it was stretched and was about to be disgusted... but then I noticed the borders at the top and bottom also.
My whole collection is PAL so I feel your pain :'(
I used to always use 14:9 mode with non-anamorphic DVD's also, thank god we're past that stage!
Yeah, I'm happy that region specific video formats are now a thing of the past.

The black border on the top and right are a bit shitty, but they're not bothersome enough for me to chase down NTSC copies instead of PAL SNES games.

Bauer91

Yeah, I'm happy that region specific video formats are now a thing of the past.

The black border on the top and right are a bit shitty, but they're not bothersome enough for me to chase down NTSC copies instead of PAL SNES games.

Why not just use the Zoom option on the TV? I think Zoom 1 should do the trick on a Panasonic plasma. It doesn't get rid of the weird little border on the right but other then that it's full screen.

4:3: http://i.imgur.com/Fn5wZ.jpg?1

Zoomed in: http://i.imgur.com/FBcAu.jpg?1

The image quality on a HDTV is awful either way though.

Saroyan

Good Jack Frost man, How much did you pay for Devil Summoner 1 ? That goes for at LEAST 100 USD.

I bought Devil Summoner 1 from Glyde for $56, it was supposed to be in excellent condition but the case was really beat up and the disc had some light scratches. At least the manual is mint, looks like it was never read. I already replaced the case and cleaned up the disc, luckily it reads just fine.

Danielsan

Why not just use the Zoom option on the TV? I think Zoom 1 should do the trick on a Panasonic plasma. It doesn't get rid of the weird little border on the right but other then that it's full screen.

4:3: http://i.imgur.com/Fn5wZ.jpg?1

Zoomed in: http://i.imgur.com/FBcAu.jpg?1

The image quality on a HDTV is awful either way though.
Because zoom 1 cuts of a small section of the image on the top and bottom.

Edit: I will say that with most games this shouldn't really be too much of an issue. I might just resort to using Zoom 1 after all.

Top Bottom