• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF comments cited by ExxonMobil in trademark lawsuit over FXX logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should both request username changes just to fuck with the Exxon lawyers.

Or maybe demand money somehow. There's gotta be a way to get paid from this. They're like the richest company in the world.

Paskil

Legendary.

Numerous internet postings show users exposed to point 36 making an association between the users cited in point 36 and foolishness, including without limitation the following:
a) a comment on NeoGAF.com by user "ronito" responding to point 36 and saying "Now the defense gets to be like "Yes, but have you seen Hateradio and Gungho's other posts on GAF? Honor, for your perusal I'd like to present..." "
b) a follow-up comment, in the same thread on NeoGAF.com, in which user "Count Dookkake" quotes the comment by "ronito" and states "This would be amazing."

Just to see the name "Count Dookkake" on official court documents would make my life complete.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
I have no idea. I guess when this thread was first published. I've been Websensed for over a month and stopped showing up entirely until I read Trojita's (I think) workaround last week. This is hilarious on so many levels. I had five people show up in my office to wonder what was going on.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I have no idea. I guess when this thread was first published. I've been Websensed for over a month and stopped showing up entirely until I read Trojita's (I think) workaround last week. This is hilarious on so many levels. I had five people show up in my office to wonder what was going on.

Yeah it was my workaround. Glad it helped. Congratulations on the tag.

Dr.Acula

Banned

GungHo, do you, or have you ever, worked for ExxonMobil? I remind you, you are under oath!

I guess my question is, why? Do they really feel like a TV channel is competition for them? What does a TV channel's logo really have to do with them? How would it even impact their business?

Just seems like they are going to lose more money by pursuing this, then simply doing nothing.

If you dont defend it, you lose it.

TeegsD

I can't believe I missed this when it was first posted. I'm not the biggest fan with FOX's decision on the logo so I wouldn't mind a change. It's absolutely hilarious that posts from the forum are being used for the argument though :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom