• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Ikkarus

Well Friday last week a Sony Vita truck arrived at my office with a load of Vita's to play around with. There was also a competition to win a Vita if you scored the fastest lap on Wipeout 2048. I came 1st. :)

I also won a trophy for winning too:

ZZijK.jpg

La1Gy.jpg

Now I just have to wait for Sony to give me a call and post me a Vita, can't wait!

Got myself a new amp and the Collector's Edition of FFXIII-2:

517096009.jpg

Also had the opportunity to get some stuff signed after an Interview with Hironobu Sakaguchi:

503890598.jpg

Oh, and the shipment from Vault 101 arrived. :) Regular Nuka-Cola tastes quite good, Quantum-Cola is awful.

491178787.jpg

Seik

Banned
Oh my, is this a sealed & signed copy of Chrono Trigger?

Three of the best games ever...signed by no other than Sakaguchi!

I mean, holy shit, fuck, *insert curse word*... WOW!

RetroGreg

Well Friday last week a Sony Vita truck arrived at my office with a load of Vita's to play around with. There was also a competition to win a Vita if you scored the fastest lap on Wipeout 2048. I came 1st. :)

Now I just have to wait for Sony to give me a call and post me a Vita, can't wait!

Hell yeah! A Vita and a cool trophy. Sweet!

Jomjom

Banned
Damn you Chaz! I wish Sakaguchi would make an appearance in the US. My FFVII, FFVI, and Chrono Trigger are signed by Uematsu, but I want his autograph as well!

LiK

ZZijK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/La1Gy.jpg

Now I just have to wait for Sony to give me a call and post me a Vita, can't wait![/QUOTE]

badass trophy

MG310

DSCN1071.jpg

Lacuna Coil - Dark Adrenaline CD/DVD
Deus Ex, El Shaddai and Space Marine from Goozex, Gamestop, and Gamefly.

Beginner's Guide to Digital Painting from Amazon.

The Borgias Season 1 from Ebay (19 shipped) - blind bought it and watched the entire season in one sitting.

Return of Marvel Legends Stealth Extremis Iron Man figure.

KillGore

First time posting in this thread, been following it for a couple of years now and I have to say, you guys make me all jelly inside, anyways:

402101_10151266707465134_569390133_22682821_1506078908_n.jpg

Already owned Resistance 3 (excellent game) and Zelda, was just trying to compare the cartridges. Man, vita games are small <3 now we wait.

Oh my, is this a sealed & signed copy of Chrono Trigger?

Three of the best games ever...signed by no other than Sakaguchi!

I mean, holy shit, fuck, *insert curse word*... WOW!

Nah, it's not sealed. I bought it used back in the day, it's not in pristine condition, but it has served me well nonetheless. CT and FF7 are autographed by Sakaguchi and Kitase btw., hope that one day I'll run into Mitsuda and / or Uematsu to "complete" them.

Damn you Chaz! I wish Sakaguchi would make an appearance in the US. My FFVII, FFVI, and Chrono Trigger are signed by Uematsu, but I want his autograph as well!

Man, Uematsu's signature is the one that's missing for me. Unfortunately we can't trade sigs like those Panini-stickers with the soccer-players on them. :)

Sylver

Banned
HVdi2.jpg

Today is a great day. I finally got my driving license, so now I can think in to get some mony to buy a car :D :D. Finally!!!
3DS Tekken
Capcom prints for some project ^^.
ValJq.jpg

Catherine regular edition (I don't want to unbox special edition but I want to play this game),
Soul Calibur V
Paranormal Activity 3 BD.

Tobe

all the things that i cant get in my country i got them here in the shopping wonderland that is the US of A.
QSGDKl.jpg

Videogames New York still had them, gonna change the stick and buttons to seimitsu so i can play shmups.
DF1wml.jpg

Never bought any guides before but my mom told me to buy books before i left so might as well start by buying something im gonna read. its a shame bayonetta doesnt have one :(
khAhgl.jpg

Games, Blazblue CS Extend is missing since amazon hasn't delivered it yet. Espgaluda II <3
CPckCl.jpg

Definitely one of my favorite pick ups.
AzonLl.jpg

This bad boy was looking at me at the Nintendo store in NYC couldnt resist and i took him home.
s7uW9l.jpg

and the Pièce de résistance #197 First 4 Figures Darunia. he was just too tempting. Also wouldve taken the link and midna one but i would have no idea on packing it.
Funny story about darunia, it was my last day at NYC and i had to take a plane to DC, problem was i took the huge darunia box with me as carry on, unlucky for me it didnt fit the standard size of carry on so they were going to charge me 150 usd for an extra bag, i literally begged american airlines and TSA to let me pass it as carry on and thankfully they did, now returning to my country is going to be kinda tough.

YAr3fl.jpg

me trying to fit everything in one bag.

Ledsen

This time, a more major pickup:

Nubert NuVero 4 High-End Monitors

Top and back-views:

Well, they are rather large for compacts, as full-range 2-way speakers go:

So, how do they sound?? As good as €1100 for a pair can get. Actually, about as good as a passive compact can get. I mean it, this is current end of the line performance for any price.

Top end is about as resolved as a ribbon without any of the ribbon sound, and the radiation characteristic is top notch when you compare horns and ribbons. I still slap my face when Dynaudio dealers insinuated that an Esotar-2 tweeter is just not feasable in a €2500 compact pair. Fuck you, this box has a better silk dome and costs less than half.
Mids are crisp and clean, if not partucularly lush, liquid or transparent but as good as 2-way can get. And that's still veeeery good.
Bass is pretty good from the get go and in a small to medium rooms, if the recording has the right kind of bass, the room will shake. It's no hindrance that Nubert also offers this little Gizmo:

The ATM (Active Tuning Module) extends and linearises the bass response of the chassis down to 40Hz (-3dB). While that's not subwoofer levels, any music besides "I love my subwoofer" tracks will sound deep and tout. Also features two knobs for bass/mid-high manipulation but instead of the normal plateau characteristic you have slopes which means the tonal characteristic of the music does not change when used. Rather, it simply makes highs more brilliant or gentle and makes the bass stronger or weaker. Great for tuning it to your room so small rooms don't get overwhelmed or large rooms don't feel starved. If I want a recording to actually sound darker, well, the Marantz amp still has the classic tone controls to add to this.
Oh yeah, and contrary to the usual mediocre tech used in tone-controls, this one doesn't influence spatial resolution one bit. Thanks for taking this serious, Mister Nubert.

All in all, if you are in the market for high-class compact speakers and don't want or can't place a sub, this is the top candidate. No questions, no contest. Also comes with a hassle-free 4-week return policy. Jaja, die Schwaben :p

Finally, the end of my quest for an actually awesome sounding compact 2-way. *sigh of relieve* :)

I can't reconcile the incomprehensibly advanced text with the fact that you put the speakers on piles of books.

luffeN

Never bought any guides before but my mom told me to buy books before i left so might as well start by buying something im gonna read. its a shame bayonetta doesnt have one :
Bayonetta does have one, even a limited edition one, but they may be sold out.

eXistor

I don't think I posted Amalur yet, but I got that last week (very disappointing game tbh) and I got the MI set just for collector's purposes.
I also bought Double Fine Happy Action Theatre on XBLA just now.

uUcOk.jpg

mrsaturn.jpg

It was worth every penny. Being a Earthbound fan knows no financial limits.

And no, Escargo Express did not ship it even though it came in a EE box.
Holy effin' shit, that's amazing! It's worth like a bajillion bucks or something right? (guesstimate).

Never posted in this thread before but I just had to do it. My girlfriend's valentines gifts to me:

photo-1.jpg

Starting from left:
-32gb Vita card
-An extra 4gb Vita card (didn't know I already bought one)
-First Edition Vita bundle
-Naruto CCG - Sage's Legacy
-A stuffed animal
-Her AMAZING card to me
-Chocolates
-Twisted Metal
-Lumines
-Shinobido 2
-UMvC3
-One Piece Volume 65 (Japanese)
-Naruto Volume 59 (Japanese)
-GTO 14 Days in Shonan (sequel to GTO!)
-And my beautiful VITA!!!

I bought her a ring and some flowers. I love her so much!!!

Top Bottom