• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

DSC_5975.jpg

DSC_6000.jpg

Too lazy to shoot my other pickups.

Danielsan

Already posted them in the vinyl thread, but might as well put them up here as well:

yJuJk.jpg

M83 - Hurry Up We're Dreaming
Comes on two 180gram coloured transparent records and includes some additional record sleeves with artwork.

uZ3D3.jpg

Bon Iver - Bon Iver
Red standard weight vinyl. Also comes with a nice handwritten lyrics booklet, a download code and a bit of additional artwork

Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Black standard weighted vinyl. Has a page with lyrics and also included a download code.

szJJe.jpg

Danielsan

Looks hot.

Part of me wants to start collecting music in a similar fashion. But it seems a costly route to go down to.
Yeah it's really expensive. From here on out I try to only buy one to two records a month at most. This month I couldn't help myself, I just had to have these coloured limited editions.

Portugeezer

I picked up MK7 this month. Don't feel like taking a pic with my crappy phone though.

Pretty good online, most polished game I have played in a while.

Tomodachi

Looks hot.

Part of me wants to start collecting music in a similar fashion. But it seems a costly route to go down to.
I find it's not that expensive. Vinyls are cheaper than a game (at least in the uk, even though I'm Italian I buy those from there) and a decent turntable is cheaper than a console. I have an old Technics, bought a few years ago used but in mint conditions, really cheap and it does the job. I don't buy a lot of records but when I do, I'm always happy about it. Even though I end up listening to the mp3s on my computer anyway.

By the way Danielsan, can you tell me which model is that turntable? It's sexy.

Danielsan

I find it's not that expensive. Vinyls are cheaper than a game (at least in the uk, even though I'm Italian I buy those from there) and a decent turntable is cheaper than a console. I have an old Technics, bought a few years ago used but in mint conditions, really cheap and it does the job. I don't buy a lot of records but when I do, I'm always happy about it. Even though I end up listening to the mp3s on my computer anyway.

By the way Danielsan, can you tell me which model is that turntable? It's sexy.
It's definitely cheaper than gaming, but given that I'm a poor student and I listen to a ton of music it has a high risk of getting expensive. Vinyl records are roughly €20 in The Netherlands. You can get a lot of them a bit cheaper if you import from Amazon.co.uk. Cool thing is that you usually also get a digital copy along with it.

The turntable is an old Technics SL-23. Not the best Technics ever made, but still a damn fine table and it just looks so damn good.

isny

napkin dispenser
Whelp, even though I thought Rocko's Modern Life S2 would be my only pickup this month, things have a way of changing when stuff goes on sale, lol

Picked up Harold and Kumar Christmas for $12 used from Rogers Video, and HIMYM Season 1-6 for $40 from Amazon.co.uk =D

Loving HIMYM so far, so many episodes to go still though, only partway through S2 so far and it's been legendary!

MROYWl.jpg

Major score yesterday.

Mario Bros cabinet with a 60-in-1 and a brand new monitor. All for $400 and 6 hours of driving!

Did quite a bit of clean up and replaced the marquee light. Got new T-molding coming on Wednesday as well as two new joysticks.

robot

Oh man that is a sweet cab. Let me know if you have any sound issues with that board, my brother has one and DK sounds like crap. If I could fit another cab in my house it would probably be a dedicated Mappy. Such a cool looking cab.

EDIT: What are u gonna do about 2 button games? Just noticed Mario is 1 button.

Tunic

Major score yesterday.

Mario Bros cabinet with a 60-in-1 and a brand new monitor. All for $400 and 6 hours of driving!

Did quite a bit of clean up and replaced the marquee light. Got new T-molding coming on Wednesday as well as two new joysticks.

That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen! Major score indeed, congrats!

BOTEC

I hear the new Berserk movie is balls. The only upside is that it gives Susumu Hirasawa an excuse to release a new single. It's no Forces, but it's decent. At least he's not trying to rip himself off again.

LN30F.jpg

krae_man

I've been trying to get my hands on one of these for 4 years and it finally arrived in the mail today:

DSCN3160.jpg

A refurbished Xbox 360!

Okay so what's in the box is what I've been searching for:
DSCN3161.jpg

DSCN3162.jpg

And I have just the TV to hook it up to:
DSCN3165.jpg

Oh man that is a sweet cab. Let me know if you have any sound issues with that board, my brother has one and DK sounds like crap. If I could fit another cab in my house it would probably be a dedicated Mappy. Such a cool looking cab.

EDIT: What are u gonna do about 2 button games? Just noticed Mario is 1 button.

I might drill holes for button 2. Also might do a full restor because the Mario Bros board is still in there.

robot

Got some CPS2 game move strips printed at Kinkos for my cabinet. Was sick of having a Bomberman one when i don't even own the game anymore. Cyberbots, MvC, Progear, Alpha 3 & SSF2T: AE.

ac7c095b.jpg

My MK Tournament went dead about a month ago and it was still under warranty. PDP only had refurbs left, they sent me one and it was garbage - all scratched up, cracked frame, etc. The only option left was get a new "Klassic" one. Not exactly in love with it, but its better than the broken one I had & the shit they sent the first time.

b1b941c3.jpg

illadelph

The Mario Bros. cabinet looks amazing. One of the best looking arcade machines ever IMO.

That Simpsons setup......ohhh fuck

NZA36

Neo Member
I've been trying to get my handds on one of these for 4 years and it finally arrived in the mail today:

DSCN3160.jpg

A refurbished Xbox 360!

Okay so what's in the box is what I've been searching for:
DSCN3161.jpg

DSCN3162.jpg

And I have just the TV to hook it up to:
DSCN3165.jpg

Lord have mercy...

Chopper

Where from? How much? They sell for like £50/60 but I want to pick up a copy. Amazon gets them randomly and sells for like £35 last I saw, but they sell out quick. Need more copies!

I got it from Shop To. Can't link, cos it's a banned site here. But they're actually one of the best retailers I regularly use. £37.85 and in stock. You won't find it any cheaper. :(

Top Bottom