• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

NFreak

My account finally got verified!! I've been lurking around for a while and the pick-up threads have always been some of my favorites. Glad I'm finally able to contribute. Here's all the stuff I've gotten since January.

TN143.jpg

Vw8QV.jpg

2RCdK.jpg

L83zj.jpg

zWLqj.jpg

luka

Loves Robotech S1
got a new famicom today

vHWF3.jpg

also picked up a new ds lite, zx and the zero collection to replace my gba carts. delicious stereo bgm... :3

A446j.jpg

zmet

Near complete (missing the manual) Aleste for the Mark III
fb1.jpg

Super Famitsa 4, World Stadium EX, and Beyond the Beyond
fb2.jpg

World Stadium EX is my favorite of the bunch. I love the colorful cartoony graphics (2D sprites on a polygon field) and the simple game play. If you like Baseball Stars on the Neo Geo, definitely give World Stadium EX a try. The next PS World Stadium games went totally polygonal and don't look as good as EX.

got a new famicom today
also picked up a new ds lite, zx and the zero collection to replace my gba carts. delicious stereo bgm... :3

A446j.jpg
O_O Nice pickup. If I ever acquire a massive amount of money, I am so getting the Japanese Mega Man Zero games. Japan got the better GBA boxes. :(

Beats

001abkk1.jpg

I went from an old Graphire4 to this. I'm really happy with it so far, and it's an absolute joy to use.

First post on NeoGAF! In one of my favourite threads, source of tons of impulse buying and backlog filling!

Here's some of my pickups from Jan:

kFRqFl.jpg

I was really undecided if getting Deus Ex HR, I was sure I'd loved the atmosphere and the setting but I usually don't like first person games with very few exceptions. I loved every single second of it!!

I got Lord of Arcana because I'm pretty inspired by Lord of Apocalypse for Vita. I'm pretty OCD when it comes to playing every entry in a series, and now I'm hearing that probably Lord of Apocalypse won't ever get out of Japan...... hope I'll like it, at least it was really cheap...

And yesterday evening, coming back from work I found this in the mail:

NWFZxl.jpg

Playing it right now, the game seems good, the Frankenstick is both more and less comfortable than I expected, it's an excellent grip but it's really too big. Not having problems with the fact that it's asymmetric luckily.

eXistor

Took this Zelda standee home from work. I don't really have a place for it in this state, but I plan on using the Loftwing and logo for something (you can take them off the standee).

Brg33.jpg

BigMike

Neo Member
My first post. I'm sad this is all I have to contribute...

6818705561_55a5106eab_b.jpg

Excuse the office chair that needs to be vacuumed.

0e8c4f00.jpg

Lucky to grab these off the Buy/Sell thread. Burning Rangers is replacing a copy I used to have, but I've never played Saturn Bomberman before. The only problem is I no longer have a Saturn. Guess I should get on that.

NFreak

Lucky to grab these off the Buy/Sell thread. Burning Rangers is replacing a copy I used to have, but I've never played Saturn Bomberman before. The only problem is I no longer have a Saturn. Guess I should get on that.

Trying to find Saturn games for a decent price has been a problem for me. I really want both Saturn Bomberman and Burning Rangers. Supposedly Saturn Bomberman is the best version of Bomberman out there. Nice pick-ups!

0e8c4f00.jpg

Nice pickups. I love me some Saturn Bomberman and would love to try BR.
Get a Saturn soon!

Printed up some custom blu-ray covers for the New Hitchcock blus at Kinkos to replace the hideous ones that MGM used.
dOiSt.jpg

They turned out very well. There is a tiny white edge on the Rebecca cover that I'm going to trim eventually, though.

Fantastic games. Probably my favourite version of Bomberman too.

Picked these up yesterday;

SDC13547-1.jpg

The Final Fantasy titles were only a little over £2 each, while Dragon Quest was £4. Currently loving MGS3 in HD. :)

SDC13549.jpg

Got these a few days back! Secret of Mana / Evermore for 99p each! They're in pretty good condition too. I got very lucky with that purchase.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
How can you get new Super Nintendos today? Is it only by paying big prices on eBay?

It's not actually new new. By new I meant it was replacing my ancient busted one.
Condition is pristine though, might as well be new. :)

They have stacks of them at some game shops in tokyo like superpotato. Not hard to find at all.

robot

Saturn Bomberman is the best Bomberman!

And Burning Rangers is pretty awesome but hasnt aged well graphically. Probably my most wanted remake.

isny

napkin dispenser
It's not actually new new. By new I meant it was replacing my ancient busted one.

They have stacks of them at some game shops in tokyo like superpotato. Not hard to find at all.

They do indeed, and it's hilarious how they price things like that in Akihabara. Depending on the color of yellowing the price can change from a few hundred to a few thousand Yen. (You'll get two that look almost exactly alike in condition with one of them being 400 Yen cheaper, lol)

They do indeed, and it's hilarious how they price things like that in Akihabara. Depending on the color of yellowing the price can change from a few hundred to a few thousand Yen. (You'll get two that look almost exactly alike in condition with one of them being 400 Yen cheaper, lol)

You know, they could make a fortune once they discover retrobrite.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children

Ah good to know! Thanks

Beats

What's the latency like on that? I've heard it can get laggy, though I have no idea why it would.

I don't think I've experienced any significant lag on it so far, and I've been using it quite a bit since I got it. If there is any lag, I can't tell at all.

My account finally got verified!! I've been lurking around for a while and the pick-up threads have always been some of my favorites. Glad I'm finally able to contribute. Here's all the stuff I've gotten since January.

2RCdK.jpg
Yay, supporting good 3DS games for the win.

Anyway just bought this little gem from the eShop:

396511_10150509157521646_685251645_9269231_161096560_n.jpg

bidaum

I don't think I've experienced any significant lag on it so far, and I've been using it quite a bit since I got it. If there is any lag, I can't tell at all.

That's cool, I've never had the opportunity to use one myself. How is it, is it that much better than the tablet?

NZA36

Neo Member
My Gaf cherry is broken.

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

Criterion Videodrome with the fun time case.

Too broke for anything else...

I posted in this thread earlier, but I just picked this up tonight. I hadn't seen this particular edition of FF XIII-2 anywhere else and thought it looked interesting.

Bbmw4.jpg

It's just the normal edition packed together with an extremely short 37 page novella.

Gyowy.jpg

It was the regular price of $59.99, so I picked it up.

SUPARSTARX

MadCatz SoulCalibur V TE stick last month
SoulCalibur V for Xbox360
FuturePress SoulCalibur V Guide. Amazing compilation btw. It's right up there with the UMVC3 guide and even better in terms of guides for fighting games.

6820750289_0600693a39_b.jpg

NFreak

Yay, supporting good 3DS games for the win.

Anyway just bought this little gem from the eShop:

396511_10150509157521646_685251645_9269231_161096560_n.jpg

More people need to try Doctor Lautrec. It's super repetitive but I've had fun with it. I'm probably in the small minority of people who own 15+ 3DS games not including Eshop titles. I love the little handheld. I think DCharlie has us all beat out though. That is one hell of a collection.

Borman

More people need to try Doctor Lautrec. It's super repetitive but I've had fun with it. I'm probably in the small minority of people who own 15+ 3DS games not including Eshop titles. I love the little handheld. I think DCharlie has us all beat out though. That is one hell of a collection.

Im at 21ish I think. I keep trying to pick up some of the cheaper titles as I go along.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr124/dbowman97/0e8c4f00.jpg

nice im trying to get the NA version of saturn bomberman as well

I posted in this thread earlier, but I just picked this up tonight. I hadn't seen this particular edition of FF XIII-2 anywhere else and thought it was interesting.

Bbmw4.jpg

It's just the normal edition packed together with an extremely short 37 page novella.

Gyowy.jpg

It was the regular price of $59.99, so I picked it up.
Huh, I didn't think they were releasing the novella over here.

Top Bottom