• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

with imgur, just add an "l" (L) before ".jpg" to resize them to something less massive.

otherwise, use quote tags

because that shit is fucking massive

Largest. Pictures. Ever.

Duuuuuuuudee
KuGsj.gif

Haha, sorry, sorry, it's fixed.

with imgur, just add an "l" (L) before ".jpg" to resize them to something less massive.

otherwise, use quote tags

because that shit is fucking massive

Thanks, thats good to know.

masterkajo

That's sons of liberty.

...I think he was making fun of the logo. You can read MGS2 just fine.

Sorry, if my sarcasm wasn't clear enough. I get that a lot from people...

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that there is nothing more hideous that that USK age rating logo which is now almost over every game in my country (Austria). This is way nowadays I exclusively import games (mainly from the UK).

Cudder

IMG_20120207_111609.jpg

and also the following for my Galaxy Nexus. And yes, that is a screenshot I took off the phone, not a stock picture.

Screenshot_2012_02_07_11_29_19.png

Gintoki

RDEcq.jpg

Naruto: I enjoyed the GC games, so I just wanted to give this a whirl.

Darksiders: Been meaning to buy this a while ago.

goMaki

My Special Edition copy of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning came in just a bit ago.

KoA_SE.png

Sorry for the crappy quality as it's pretty cloudy here today.

Cdammen

Two nostalgia items. I'm not really that nostalgic about Mickey Mouse (never really liked the character since he lacks personality, Donald is where it's at) but Little Nemo Dream Master... god I loved that game back then.

1328642526-2012-02-07%20IMG_2337.jpg

Now I need Probotector (Contra, bah! you americans had men, we had men of steel), Fester's Quest, TMNT1, Solstice and a couple more to complete my "game that I played and loved as a kid"-list.

Two nostalgia items. I'm not really that nostalgic about Mickey Mouse (never really liked the character since he lacks personality, Donald is where it's at) but Little Nemo Dream Master... god I loved that game back then.

1328642526-2012-02-07%20IMG_2337.jpg

Now I need Probotector (Contra, bah! you americans had men, we had men of steel), Fester's Quest, TMNT1, Solstice and a couple more to complete my "game that I played and loved as a kid"-list.

Epic Mickey is fantastic. I bought the LE back at release and only played through the first quarter or so, but last week I picked it up again and I'm having a blast.

Considering picking up the art book.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Great midnight release, ridiculous haul. Revelaitons confirmed, and with Twisted/UFC coming this is a crazy month. After this, not much until summer so...

xEwNX.jpg

Interesting..so is Kingdoms Of Amalur better on PS3 or something(since you have both system but went with PS3 version with that game) ? I have a powerful PC ( 2 GTX570 +i5 2500+16GB RAM) but problem is the game require that pos Origin so I am down to consoles and there is no digital foundry article yet.

Massa

Interesting..so is Kingdoms Of Amalur better on PS3 or something(since you have both system but went with PS3 version with that game) ? I have a powerful PC ( 2 GTX570 +i5 2500+16GB RAM) but problem is the game require that pos Origin so I am down to consoles and there is no digital foundry article yet.

The game is available on Steam.

Cdammen

Epic Mickey is fantastic. I bought the LE back at release and only played through the first quarter or so, but last week I picked it up again and I'm having a blast.

Considering picking up the art book.
I've only played the game for one hour since I got it (today) and the controls are fluid and the gameplay is straight-forward and doesn't stall even though the beginning has a lot of tutorials. I like that they keep it brief.

The art style is what finally made me purchase the game, was never really interested in the game until I saw concept art for it. I usually avoid official threads here on GAF as the plague, to much hype, so that's why it took a while until I finally made the purchase. Also, I have too many Wii games to play through. Muramasa, Silent Hill and Epic Yarn are still in queue :)

I've only played the game for one hour since I got it (today) and the controls are fluid and the gameplay is straight-forward and doesn't stall even though the beginning has a lot of tutorials. I like that they keep it brief.

The art style is what finally made me purchase the game, was never really interested in the game until I saw concept art for it. I usually avoid official threads here on GAF as the plague, to much hype, so that's why it took a while until I finally made the purchase. Also, I have too many Wii games to play through. Muramasa, Silent Hill and Epic Yarn are still in queue :)

I know the feeling. I buy Wii games on the cheap mostly, so my backlog is ridiculous.

I bought Skyward Sword on release to get the gold Wii remote...but I've yet to play past the first temple.

But yeah, Epic Mickey is a great platformer in the vein of Rare's N64 titles...something we don't get enough of these days.

Edit: Also you're in luck since the sequel is (rumored to be) dropping this holiday season.

Edit 2: Then head over to your local Disney Store and pick up this shirt when you have the time.

I did. And its awesome.

Well I just got back from GameStop - Picked up these today:

MwsoR.jpg

And picked up the biggest pickup (I hope) ever -

iQrkM.jpg

j5IU0.jpg

I am asking her on March 5th, that should give me some good fuel for ME3 on March 6th :p

Dirtdog07

Neo Member
img0080kj.jpg

Just got it in and really think they did a great job. Hand numbered statue and art #'d and autographed by Ken Rolston

tha_devil

FF XIII-2 crystal edition, very nice CE. Also the zavvi exclusive mgs hd collection.
shx8Zl.jpg

Some new shirts from threadless, middle and left one designed by olly moss.
T7wnrl.jpg

p1040334.jpg

Better late to the party then never to the party. I got a huge back log to work on now. Any recommendations?

does this model (or any non-launch model XL) still have the different lcd lighting? as in the top screen is dimmer then the touch-screen? i bought an XL but i had to return it, it was bugging me so much.

I cant answer for him, but having owned both I can easily understand someone buying an XL if their primary focus is going to be on DS games. The screen is awesome, and sure you can play DS games on the 3DS but its not comparable in terms of DS gameplay experience.

That would be my guess anyway.

Yeah thats right. I really like the bigger screens of the XL, i'm keeping my toes crossed that E3 will bring a 3DS XL. Ill pick that up day one.

BigMike

Neo Member
I just did some bargin bin diving at a Zellers (A Canadian discount retailer being turned into Target). My best finds in some time.

6838316647_c918fcaf89_b.jpg

BigMike

Neo Member
I am asking her on March 5th, that should give me some good fuel for ME3 on March 6th :p

Congrats Fox!

does this model (or any non-launch model XL) still have the different lcd lighting? as in the top screen is dimmer then the touch-screen? i bought an XL but i had to return it, it was bugging me so much.

I've had my DSi XL for almost a year and I have not noticed any difference between the two screens in brightness.

Subxero

I really enjoy browsing these threads and getting to see all the cool thing you guys post. So I thought I would start contributing to it.

First half of a order from Amazon. A bunch of stuff I had never played that I picked up on sale. I'll edit the post with the second shipment when it arrives Thursday.

BigMike

Neo Member
How much was Silent Hill?

20 bucks. Its the first time I've seen it though and there was only the one copy. I just picked up a Wii for Skyward Sword so now I'm having fun tracking down the more interesting stuff for the system.

Top Bottom