• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Cookie18

Well I just got back from GameStop - Picked up these today:

MwsoR.jpg

And picked up the biggest pickup (I hope) ever -

iQrkM.jpg

j5IU0.jpg

I am asking her on March 5th, that should give me some good fuel for ME3 on March 6th :p

Best post ever. Good Luck!

LiK

New pick-ups from Jan and this month so far. I kept forgetting to post them...

GAMES
RER.jpg

REtypo.jpg

FFXIII-2CE.jpg

Some Steam, XBLA and PSN games (not shown)

Hot Toys
HTCapAmerica.jpg

WarMacBox.jpg

WarMacInside.jpg

Destroyer Maquette box is HUGE! like 3 feet tall...
DestroyerMaq.jpg

Other figs etc
CatFig.jpg

normandys.jpg

ritual.jpg

SkyrimCEGuide.jpg

redline.jpg

does this model (or any non-launch model XL) still have the different lcd lighting? as in the top screen is dimmer then the touch-screen? i bought an XL but i had to return it, it was bugging me so much.

Top and bottom look like a match to me. Also the Hori screen protectors fit perfect and went on super easy. Will get them for all my handhelds.

I guess I can post this just because I don't think I ever posted about the WH40k books before. All the other stuff has been posted in here already, at some point.

431985_536237315255_129400656_30963821_1453316151_n.jpg

Welp, here's my first post in the pick-up thread. This is one of the threads that made me start checking GAF every day, so it's cool to post here. I hope I'm not over-doing it with the photos here, but I'm including a lot of the stuff I've gotten since Christmas. A nice jump-start, catching up to current purchases.

Okay, now to hopefully post reasonably-sized images:

SdWDy.jpg

My very first LEGO build. Can't believe how addicting it gets.

BYOxC.jpg

ARGH!

SYeRq.jpg

I've been drinking four of these a day for the past two weeks. Can't be good for me.

0JcPD.jpg

New Air Jordan XX3 Stealths.

ZGL71.jpg

OregonGAF represent!

F3x8c.jpg

Picked this up the same time as the LEGO set. Haven't gotten into it yet, but I hear Ravensburger makes some mean puzzles. 3000 pieces... Gonna be rough.

l8z87.jpg

My new Kindle with some purchases.

vHjO2.jpg

I was skeptic buying Turtle Beach's after the last pair I bought, but these sound great.

kno2D.jpg

Bought a new modem. Got tired of my ISP charging me $7 a month to rent their crappy one. Just have to plug it in and take theirs back now. Should pay for itself in 12 months or so.

nKN5A.jpg

My Joe Ledbetter Smash figure. So cool.

PmCyv.jpg

Yet another addiction of mine. :(

yFtV8.jpg

KITTY!!!

usc0b.jpg

My first handheld since the original Gameboy. Having the entire DS catalog to choose from is the coolest. I hope I chose wisely.

DcoI6.jpg

New to me! Not sure when I'll find the time, but whatever.

toouO.jpg

$95 is a great price to re-live a part of my childhood.

E81aI.jpg

Looked interesting. Grant Morrison is hit and miss... Hoping I didn't waste my money.

ZckSm.jpg

Apparently this Craig Thompson guy is pretty amazing.

onCYY.jpg

Currently halfway through it. Very, very good.

jcUdd.jpg

I'm a 29 year old man who loves candles and is immune to online bullying, so take your best shot.

And finally...

DzcSo.jpg

Glad to be here, GAF. <3

Lemonte

pickup2z.jpg

Bought ps3 in last month so I have tons of ps3 exclusives that I need to play. My expectations for Heavenly sword were pretty high. It looked so awesome on videos but it's pain to play. :(

Tantalus

Neo Member
DcoI6.jpg

I remember that Winback game!

In fact I was google searching it recently because I vaguely remembered renting it from a Blockbuster when I was a kid. It was called Operation Winback over here in Europe, and I don't really remember how it played, but that box art sure does bring back memories.

It's strange because ever since I rented it, I haven't seen a copy of it anywhere, not even a second hand copy.

eXistor

Welp, here's my first post in the pick-up thread. This is one of the threads that made me start checking GAF every day, so it's cool to post here. I hope I'm not over-doing it with the photos here, but I'm including a lot of the stuff I've gotten since Christmas. A nice jump-start, catching up to current purchases.

Okay, now to hopefully post reasonably-sized images:

Welcome to the club! Some awesome stuffs right there. I love the Lego PotC ship! I bought a Lego Millenium Falcon a few years ago. Took me quite some time, but you're right: that stuff is addicting.

Izick

And picked up the biggest pickup (I hope) ever -
j5IU0.jpg

I am asking her on March 5th, that should give me some good fuel for ME3 on March 6th :p

Congratulations!!! I hope you two are very happy!

EDIT:

kno2D.jpg

Bought a new modem. Got tired of my ISP charging me $7 a month to rent their crappy one. Just have to plug it in and take theirs back now. Should pay for itself in 12 months or so.

DcoI6.jpg

First off, let me say that MGS 2 is an amazing game. It's still my favorite game of all time.

The story is really complex, and you may have to read up on some Metal Gear (Solid) lore to understand it all, but I think it's worth it. It does have some "what the hell?" dialogue, but it's all forgivable in the end.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of router is that? I'm looking to do what you did, and replace the one that I'm getting charged monthly for.

As someone that's new to GAF as well, I agree that it's great to finally be here! :)

Risgroo

First time in this thread!

pF8Q5l.jpg

Finally got the GC version of TP for a reasonable price, and in mint condtion as well. Just couldn't go back to the waggly controls of the Wii version after playing Skyward Sword.

As for the blu-rays, they were pretty cheap, and I've been meaning to watch Senna for a long time, can't wait.

Izick

First time in this thread!

pF8Q5l.jpg

Finally got the GC version of TP for a reasonable price, and in mint condtion as well. Just couldn't go back to the waggly controls after playing Skyward Sword.

As for the blu-rays, they were pretty cheap, and I've been meaning to watch Senna for a long time, can't wait.

Don't know if you've seen The Fighter, but let me say it's pretty awesome.

pax217

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of router is that? I'm looking to do what you did, and replace the one that I'm getting charged monthly for.

Assuming it works with your ISP, I can't recommend the Motorola Surfboard (SB6121 is my personal favorite) series enough. Switching out the modem on Comcast not only saved me $7/mo but my download speeds are about 20% faster, which I really appreciate.

pax217

Where's everyone getting "Senna" on Bluray? Everywhere around here it's $30+, and while I haven't seen it in a few years, I remember enjoying it-- but not for a ~100% premium on the BD.

guest1321

Assuming it works with your ISP, I can't recommend the Motorola Surfboard (SB6121 is my personal favorite) series enough. Switching out the modem on Comcast not only saved me $7/mo but my download speeds are about 20% faster, which I really appreciate.

I did what you did bought a Surfboard because they would not give me a DOCSIS 3.0 spec'd modem unless I bought the absurdly expensive bundle. I was extremely pleased with it but after less than a year it burnt out. After doing some research it is likely due to the fact that Comcast Tech installed a signal booster in my home which worked great for my downstream but forced the modem to work a lot hard to overcome it on the US. As a result I now have a dead modem. From my experience (as well as my understanding of the underlying problem), it can be less expensive to use Comcast's modem if you have a signal booster installed in your home.

Also PAX, Comcast does not charge you for a modem from my understanding. You only pay the monthly fee if you are "renting" one of their routers.

Where's everyone getting "Senna" on Bluray? Everywhere around here it's $30+, and while I haven't seen it in a few years, I remember enjoying it-- but not for a ~100% premium on the BD.

It's on Netflix if you don't mind not having a physical copy, and have netflix.

Risgroo

Don't know if you've seen The Fighter, but let me say it's pretty awesome.
I haven't seen it, no. Hearing a lot of good things about it, so looking forward to watching it.

Saw Senna in theaters for my birthday in August. Amazing film. If you are embarrassed to cry, beware. So go damn emotional at the end.
Not exactly the crying type, at least not when I'm with people. I'll be watching this with my brother, so I'll just hide behind something with the lights off, just in case. The only movie to ever make me cry is Toy Story 3, maybe this will be the second, haha.

Not sure about this, but I don't think it's gotten an official release in the US, so the ones you've seen in stores might've been imports.
Found this on Wikipedia: "The film is currently available on Netflix Instant, and planned to be released on March 6, 2012 in the U.S."

pax217

Not sure about this, but I don't think it's gotten an official release in the US, so the ones you've seen in stores might've been imports.
Found this on Wikipedia: "The film is currently available on Netflix Instant, and planned to be released on March 6, 2012 in the U.S."

... that would be why. Sorry I didn't look this one up myself, I assumed it was out.

Thanks!

Sylver

Banned
pkJDJ.jpg

UnlimLITED 3DS with puzzle gift
Lady and the Tramp BD
I've got another pre-order 3DS Revelations box for free to resell it on ebay.

Jomjom

Banned
To all the guys with the FFXIII-2 Steelbooks: There's no way to get that in the US right? I would have to import it from somewhere or eBay?

Amazing buys!

Tell me, is that Zavvi MGS: CE? LOTS of people complain that it came damaged and broken and that it's not a real steelbook? :( would be shame for that price...

Also, loving the FF XIII-2 stuff. I haven't even played FFXIII... o_O yet...

Yes it's the Zavvi exclusive Collectors Edition, and I was hearing all the horror stories, so when mine turned up in perfect condition I was so relieved :)

Haven't opened it yet to check, or the Crystal Edition FFXIII-2, been too busy playing the XIII-2 CE :p

Loved XIII, enough to get the Platinum, and I'm loving XIII-2 too.

Seik

Banned
I got two awesome packages today!!! :D

PCzav.jpg

PtlJD.jpg

Got Arc The Lad Collection for 65$ and it is so fucking mint...HMMMMPH

Revival Selection cost me 60$, its 20$ more than Digital Versions but I want the real thing! ^^

Top Bottom