• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2014 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Man that's crazy! How much does that normally go for? What do you think of those Japan > North America converter adapter things?

BTW I'm addicted to your podcast, I'm listening from Ep 0 and up. I think I'm on ep 16 now. You've really rekindled my love for my old games and I'm starting up my collection again after seeing your universal game case videos!

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it! We just had a new run of shirts start that I think you might like :)

http://teespring.com/backinmyplaytri

Haven't posted in a while even though I have been buying mass amounts of stuff and even taking pictures of it all just haven't gotten around to post like 3 months worth of stuff.

I did get this though the other day which is kind of cool I guess

Sony 4K XBR65X900B

1B6AD420-418E-4BBD-B170-683D6AD658BE_zpsdvtk5vtr.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
nothing big although the next stuff i have coming is really awesome

NES: Rocket Ranger, Ikari Warriors 3
rocketwarriors3_zps99fdb12e.jpg

Xbox: State of Emergency, Dino Crisis 3
stateofcrisis3_zpseb595036.jpg

Xbox: Fallout Brotherhood of Steel
falloutbrotherhoodofsteel_zpsa1438bb0.jpg

Kilrathi

Grats. Good luck getting a job in your field if you haven't already.. I have a poli sci degree.. I program lol.
Thanks, I am current doing non-paid QA work for hire for a studio, and I have already been accepted into a master program. A studio reach out to me to apply for a position, didn't get it. Just going to keep at it, just not to point that I did in undergrad (6 classes, 2 internships, sports team, 1 work-for-hire, at one time)

Grats...do you get to leave the wonders of Worcester now, or are you stuck there, like me..lol
I am back home in NY for now, I miss the horse I would ride in undergrad, I didn't get to get ride him the last 1.5 months there due to stable drama. I already went up back up twice to visit him.

I was nice to be able to get to Boston for various events.

Eklipsis

I picked up a used "fat" PS3 for $80 today that's in need of serious cleaning. Tomorrow I plan to pick up a few games for it.

Im getting mine next week. Excited!

What makes you want one? I kinda just use my iphone but I have been sort of interested in a stand alone camera if it's a huge improvement. Is it more of something I have to own to see the greatness? I'm a camera noob.

Yasawas

This week I have been importing American sports games, one classic from my youth and one about a sport I've literally no comprehension of and I'm way in over my head with. I'll get there.

el1nG3A.jpg

And some cheap Nintendo stuff from Argos, six items for about £28 I think it was:

SOGubFV.jpg

j45Yzxo.jpg

Calmine

Been a good month! Started a new job and got some goodies!

ibm2JJR7g5Z33F.jpg

Joined next gen and loving the Destiny Beta.

Setup is now complete.

iVnsS1zAUi8Yc.jpg

And best of all on Sunday saw Monty Python live at the o2!

iAglCumFe6SLM.jpg

Gameboy415

All of the plans I had in August I'd been saving up for unfortunately got cancelled so I decided to take advantage of some recent sales/promotions:

DI0pRzs.jpg

-I found all of the DVDs & the 2 horror Blu-Rays super-cheap at various thrift shops and the rest are from Amazon/Rightstuf.com.

QMLHHxH.jpg

-I got the full set of Mario Kart 8 Happy Meal toys on eBay - they're surprisingly high-quality toys!

XbXUKLS.jpg

-I found all of the guides & TMNT at Half-Price Books and got the PSPGo case dirt-cheap on Amazon.

WfcFEZd.jpg

-I recently found out that Retrodes are no longer being made so I finally bit the bullet and ordered one (and the Plugin adapters) from StoneAgeGamer. I still need to track down a Game Boy Plugin cart but every site seems to be sold out. :(

IK3IUvx.jpg

-I took full advantage of Target's 15% off electronics Cartwheel deal a few weeks back and grabbed a Wii Mini, 2DS, and PSP 3000. I was actually able to pricematch the 2DS with another store and got it for $68 after the Cartwheel discount! :)
I found the SNES Mini at Half-Price Books and got it for 40% off the tagged price with a coupon.

dGxjrwd.jpg

-I found these PS games at Half-Price Books for under $5 each. (The PSPGo case is the same as the one in the previous pic - I forgot I already took a pic of it)

ksq1Iqx.jpg

-I got the GB/GBC games at Disc Replay during a B3G1 free sale and the other games are from eBay.

LqL9UFm.jpg

-I got the 3DS games & the 2DS case during Best Buy's B1G1 deal and got the JP Club Nintendo Yoshi plush on eBay.

LixdMC8.jpg

-I took full advantage of Gamestop's B2G1 free deal on Wii games and scooped up a bunch of games I'd been interested in for dirt cheap. I got a few of the games (Dokapon Kingdom & Escape from Bug Island) and the unopened DDR set on eBay.

Got some Saturn and other retro games in today. Have a HUGE box coming from Japan on Monday or Tuesday.

Marvel vs SF is amazing!

Well it's the end of the month, so I think this my final haul. At the beginning of the month, I picked up Deus Ex and Prince of Persia

This is what I got the rest of the month:

61Keaf8.jpg

The LoZ: TP, Tales, Xenoblade and Dragon's Crown are from Gamestop's 4th of July, B3G1.

The Tomodachi, Bravely Default and Pro controller are from Best Buy's sale this week.

Catherine and MLB were just cheap on Amazon. FF 13, I lost the disc, so this is a replacement, and when I went into Gamestop this morning I picked that (FF13) and the Killer is Dead LE up with the Kongregate $5 coupon. Killer is Dead LE can be bought new for $10. That's a steal folks, get it if there's one nearby!

It's been a good gaming month!

What makes you want one? I kinda just use my iphone but I have been sort of interested in a stand alone camera if it's a huge improvement. Is it more of something I have to own to see the greatness? I'm a camera noob.

The RX100 is a huge improvement over the iphone camera, yes. But if all you do is look at your pictures on your phone then it's probably best to keep using your phone. If you plan to use them on a big screen or prints then the difference will be quite big.

There's a thread in the OT community if you are interested in this topic:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144603

Gameboy415

Interesting that everything in this picture is a revision.

Haha, that's pretty much why I bought all of them!
I already have the original/alternate versions of each one but I wanted the Nintendo revisions for my collection and the PSP was just plain cheap. :)

Every time I see someone that got this off eBay... I couldn't warn people in time on the other thread... Let's just say if the seller was from China and you got it for under $20, it was cheap for a reason :/

I know what you're trying to say, but instead of being bootlegs, these are most likely stolen from the factory, and I'm more than ok with that. Quality on mine is excellent. There are none of the tell tale signs of being a bootleg plush. Especially since they were available before the club nintendo ones were sent to people in japan.

ignata

Got some Saturn and other retro games in today. Have a HUGE box coming from Japan on Monday or Tuesday.

jbfr4lf6bmtKOY.jpg

I had an NA Saturn with Action Replay for playing imports, but will this also work the other way around in a Japanese Saturn to play NA games? Still need to pick up a Saturn and would also rather have one from Japan.

I had an NA Saturn with Action Replay for playing imports, but will this also work the other way around in a Japanese Saturn to play NA games? Still need to pick up a Saturn and would also rather have one from Japan.

Yup, i have a white saturn and action replay works both ways on it.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I know what you're trying to say, but instead of being bootlegs, these are most likely stolen from the factory, and I'm more than ok with that. Quality on mine is excellent. There are none of the tell tale signs of being a bootleg plush. Especially since they were available before the club nintendo ones were sent to people in japan.

Well I mean, stolen factory rejects isn't exactly a good thing, but as long as you know and are aware of it. Seems like some people on the Yoshi plush thread thought it was a crazy good deal and went for it, some didn't know why it was so cheap...

Guess I feel bad when people pick up bootleg/factory rejects at a great price, and just assume it's the real deal. Wish people were more informed.

Cilla

Just can't help myself.. I had sold all of my Skylanders but now I am back. This is my most recent haul as they are on sale!

Bth-aNBCUAAvYbF.jpg

Got those when I went and preordered Theatrhythm, Fantasy Life, KH 2.5 HD annnd Skylanders Trap Team. Bah! Need to stop spending. Getting married soon!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Cross posting from my Comic-Con 2014 |OT|:

Another Comic-Con draws to a close. Another year of going insane trying to get into the Hasbro booth. Another fun year of freebies, getting into random forming lines that end up being rare exclusives, the awesome Nintendo Gaming Lounge, and more.

It is time. It is haul time.

Hasbro Stuff
Capcpom Stutuff
  • MM25 (went OOP after I sold the MMOCW book to pay for it. Thanks Udon!)
  • Mega Man 25th lanyard
  • Mega Man inflatable Mega Buster (to go with the Universe foam Buster)
  • Capcpom Babg (it was freee)
Other Stuff
  • Mattel Doomsday
  • Dead Peel
  • Hallmark Star Wars Bantha/Tusken Raider Itty Bittys 2-pack
  • Square Enix 8-bit lanyard
  • Eiji Tsuburaya: Master of Monsters (really good book about a legend of kaiju filmmaking)
Closeups!

AW YISS. G1 movieverse Dinobots! (G1 AoE Slog will be an Amazon exclusive coming out later this year.)
Check out my review of the Dinobots here. Tons of huge pictures!

Closeup of the Doomsday set. Mattel was empty and they hadn't sold out of them. I just walked up and grabbed it.
What's wrong with people? I don't want to live in a world where Monster High figures sell out before THE MIGHTY DOOMSDAY.

Smash shirt! Had to win a game of Smash Run to get a ticket to go to the Wii U version and fight some other fools to win.
If you got meteor'd by a red Mega Man and then hit three times with an OHKO Home Run Bat, you had it coming fool.

Top Bottom