• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT8| Who wants to talk about Murders?

What shall El Topo's avatar be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
And again sign up phase for a game which obviously interested a lot of people was only 48 hours over a weekend.

People who just finished a game get preference over ones that didn't play a long time because the former were naturally faster to respond in here.

If we get rid of season structure we need to change the way we handle these sign ups.

To be concrete: I don't understand why Launch should sit on the sideline now and wait instead of playing right away. Game didn't even start yet. This can be applied to anyone.

Player priority needs to happen again. But maybe it's just me.

are u both high or are infected with the case of gafia town of NOT paying attention???

sign up was done weeks ago unofficially (here and here and here). then officially it was put up days ago (here and here and here and here and finally it's filled up: here), so early that sorian could sign up and later got relegated into sub status since he is still playing in arkham.

geez. if you really wanna play, there's been requests to sign up periodically, yknow! a spider has observed rooms for improvements in the past with how we did recruitment and has made some changes for the mid-season, you know you know

AND THIS IS WHAT I GET??????

scru u gorlakitty and splinteroo

we no longer frandz >:C

cabot

Stanman even made a logo and everything

.eJwVx0EKwyAQAMC_-ABXUTc2x9x77nkx1ghJVnQLhZK_h85tfurTdzWrTaSNGWCtI3Ff9RDuVLIuzGXP1OrQiQ8gEUrbkU8ZYDGgiR7DhME_YowGnHXo_zXBxcmiRVh6_lZ50rvSa9HtLOq6Ad7pJMU.HG9yjRHKSuhYa5I7s-O4QNr6g_c

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
That flag would make me vote Leave if I was a UK citizen.

Kawl_USC

I'm voting leave for brexit. Let's all commit to fucking up cabots game and saying he couldn't design his way out of a paper bag.
just like bar mafia...sob

RetroMG

Whoa, okay folks, let's settle down a little bit.

First, Gorlak and Splinter have a point. We moved very quickly from the end of Anime Mafia to the closing of Pineapple's signups. This was our bad. We've discussed it among the current set of mods, and going forward, setups will have a time frame that's a bit more reasonable, as we have done at times in the past.

However, Ynnny has a point as well - we made it clear a while ago that we were working singups for a new game, and that either Pineapple or Infamous were next up. Infamous sadly had to be delayed, but there's been a lot of chatter in this thread that we were going to move right into a new game. Yn asked who was available. Sophia started signups BEFORE Anime ended.

So, it's a double edged sword, and there was right and wrong on both sides.

We're going to try to be better about giving you more time to sign up. We ask in return that you keep and eye on the thread. We're also going to *try* to keep the thread title updated so people are aware when signups are happening. (Which means I'll be PMing a mod to remove the signups line for a short while in a few minutes.)

Sound good? Thanks for the feedback. We're changing a lot right now, and trying to make it all go as smooth as possible.

RetroMG

We've settled on an ongoing guideline - going forward, game signups will last a minimum of 72 hours. Gamerunners will be encouraged to stretch it out to a week.

Swamped

Banned
I'm just rabble rousing

rabble rabble

I was wondering why this phrase was trigerring me, then i remembered it was part of Scrafty's (cherry's) fake claim in the first gafia game lol. I think it was SalvaPot the rabble rouser or something equally ridiculous XD

hi hi

recruitment thread is scheduled to be back up on OT in July (ish)

ANYONE WITH MAIN SEASON GAME DESIGNS, please submit them now so we can assign reviewers and get Season 9 prepped up.

thank youuuuu

Gorlak

Banned
are u both high or are infected with the case of gafia town of NOT paying attention???

Anything you said does in no way work against my argument or makes me look like I'm not paying attention.

This was merely asking who's available. I personally have never signed up for a game without knowing the fluff, because that's always a crucial point for me in deciding which game I want to play. And I know that this doesn't apply to everyone.

then officially it was put up days ago (here and here and here and here and finally it's filled up: here), so early that sorian could sign up and later got relegated into sub status since he is still playing in arkham.

Yep, that's the whole sign up phase for the pineapple game starting on 13.5.17 at 12.41 am and finishing on 15.5.17 at 2:04 am [times in gmt+2] -> 49 hours and 23 minutes.

Ynny please, I payed attention to the details and merely rounded out the 1.5 hours to get a handier post.

The stuff about Sorian actually supports my case that the phase was way too short and the game filled pretty quickly. We don't know if more people would have wanted to play since we always do the "It's full, you fuckers were too slow, try next time" line (I'm exaggerating) and people hold back with further signs of interest.

geez. if you really wanna play, there's been requests to sign up periodically, yknow! a spider has observed rooms for improvements in the past with how we did recruitment and has made some changes for the mid-season, you know you know

I might have jumped into the game if I had a chance, but I generally don't want to play at this point because of life circumstances. I saw this happening and thought that it's the wrong way to go at it. Nothing I said was done with the intention to harm anyone's feelings. I was trying to critize a certain procedure within the community with the aim to improve the overall happiness about it.

I specifically said "maybe it's just me" because I wasn't sure if this is a thing at all and no one else even cares. I simply wanted to discuss this matter. As we can see people have different opinions on this (e.g. Launch wouldn't even want to bump out someone, and Natiko considered offering his spot)

Sorry if I came across as being harsh. I hope I made my standpoint clear.

We're going to try to be better about giving you more time to sign up. We ask in return that you keep and eye on the thread.

In this specific case it happened over a weekend which I spent at a conference, with no time for internet free time pleasures. Usually I look at this thread every other day.

retro said:
Sound good? Thanks for the feedback. We're changing a lot right now, and trying to make it all go as smooth as possible.

Yeah, as I said it just wanted to stimulate some discussion :)

yeeny said:
AND THIS IS WHAT I GET??????

scru u gorlakitty and splinteroo

we no longer frandz >:C

And I'll still love you, no matter what <3

gorlakie, but initially it was like, "pls 24 hours before mid-season sign up was closed". now we have more than 48 hours............

plus, flavour shouldn't really be the determinant of murder desire. mafia has always been and will always be about mafia (shouldn't it?)

people can always say they are available and then pull out later if the flava does not entice them, too. having rough idea of the numbers of potential players are there in the community help the mod squad to plan timeline and what games to prepare and how many.

but anyway, sure, we can move to 72 hours before signups (after theme is announced) but im not going to manage mid-season sign-ups moving forward. i'll leave it to each the gamerunners to look after :>

Gorlak

Banned
Again ynny, this is my viewpoint. And at least I wanted to discuss it. I don't see anyone else even caring about this, so this doesn't seem to be a big issue for anyone else.

I'm totally fine with keeping it the way it is, if everyone else is okay with it - and that seems to be the case otherwise we would've gotten more responses.

And yes, I see the necessity or utility in doing player counts. But anyway, I'm not going to let you decide why I want to play mafia ;p a spider has no power over my will. Fluff is a deciding factor and always will be for me.

no im not deciding for u gorlakie, im just saying my perspective that mafia should always be about mafia (for me) (i guess i should add the "for me" part, before)

and again, people can always pull out at any time (seeing that drop outs are a thing anyway even after games are launched, with themes and everything. people's circumstances change. that's fine. it's understandable)

oh i dont mind discussions :> like now, we're having dialog etc

i think it's fine if we are moving to 72 hours mark... the people should always decide what works best for the people~

except maybe in america >___<

also, didn u sign up for mini mafia 3? the flavour wasn't announced until D1 dropped :3

Sophia

From my own personal experience, as a game runner and a player, I do like the fact that asking "Who wants to play?" was asked way in advanced.

As a game runner, it gave me a good idea of when to expect to run.

As a player, being able to get my name down and know my spot is saved for the game coming ups is reassuring.

As far as flavor goes, I tend to care more if it's a cosplay game, as I like to have an idea of the characters within a series. But I'm not too picky.

Sawneeks

Banned
Was thinking of spicing it up a little this week and we played a different racing game, a better racing game that is Baby Park-less. Crash Team Racing, anyone?

....no?

Poor Crash, what did he ever do to deserve such hate? ;__;

1. Sawneeks
2. Fireblend ( maybe )
3. Crimson
4. Roy ( gonna take that answer as a yes )

Mario Kart 8 this Sunday, be there or be square. Same time as last week!
blu_1495393200.png

roytheone

Was thinking of spicing it up a little this week and we played a different racing game, a better racing game that is Baby Park-less. Crash Team Racing, anyone?

....no?

1. Sawneeks
2. Fireblend ( maybe )

blu_1495393200.png

One of these days I will win an online race, one of these days.

I have now driven more than 200 online races and haven't won a single one yet ;__;

....no?

1. Sawneeks
2. Fireblend ( maybe )

blu_1495393200.png

I'll Mario Kart if my internet works this time.

Since starting to play, I have deleted so many posts I'm drafting in politics threads especially because I am worried about getting banned.

It's hard.

Top Bottom