• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Owzers

tarius1210 said:
So many comics so little time. I'm not a DC guy but since they rebooted each series I guess I can try and get into it.
2agrqlh.jpg

Just ordered that Jim Lee Icons hardcover myself. I'm not big on art books but that will join my Fables Covers hardcover nicely.

robot

Kenak said:
Where did you get that Piccolo toy? I used to collect DBZ action figured years and years back, until they stopped making the cool nice ones and started making cheapy plastic ones that were more pose able. That reminds me of the former ones. Probably the only kind of action figure I'd willingly display :D
He's part of a line of static figures called "HQ DX" - super detailed and really nice quality. I believe there are a few of them available, this was my first but plan on getting more. My brother has Majin Buu and Vegeta with the mark on his head (forgot what that was). I also saw a Goku with a torn up outfit, it was pretty badass.

edit: link to the place i bought it from (at nycc) - http://www.mutekisales.com/DragonballZ_1.html

-KRS-

I usually don't post in this thread, but I got some extra money this months so I've picked up some goodies and thought it might be worth a post now.
Sorry if there's a lot of photos. Maybe I could have combined some into one. Oh well.

You can click the images for full size.

First up:

An American NES. I'm from Europe, and we all know that we got fucked over when it comes to the NES.
And this summer I got a PowerPak for NES as well, so I really wanted to buy an American NES to play the games in the correct speed and resolution.

VICE: Project Doom. I think it only came out in America. It never came to Europe, but I'm not sure about Japan.

Pokketto Monsuta! Yes the Japan exclusive Green version. It was fairly cheap so that's why I bought it. I can't really play it since I don't know Japanese other than some kana.

The Japanese version of Tetris for GB. What can I say. I'm a Tetris freak, which will be even more evident in the coming pictures.

The first Tetris released on the Famicom. No it's not THAT Tetris that we got in the western world.
This is by Bullet Proof Software and the gameplay is pretty weird. Rotate with down on the d-pad and instant drop with A...
The box is a little beat up but I don't care.

Tetris 2 + Bombliss for Famicom. Another Famicom exclusive. This is probably the best version of Tetris for the NES/FC. I love it.

Super Tetris 3. Easily the best Tetris for the SNES. Also a Japan exclusive.

The Goonies for Famicom. Yep, another Famicom exclusive. That was sort of the theme this month I suppose.
Great game and a shame that it was never released in the west other than on the PlayChoice-10.

And some loose FC and NES carts as well. None of them were released in Europe.
From top left: Downtown Special somethingsomething, King Kong 2, Karnov and lastly Jackal. All great, great games.

Oh right, I actually purchased something modern this month as well.

A Metallic Red 3DS with OoT and Starfox 64 3D. I didn't think of it when I bought it, but both of those games are N64 titles originally... so it's still kind of retro in a way :D

Well that's it. A lot of Japanese games, and a lot of region exclusives.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Gvaz said:
So what the heck is it?
It's a custom wooden housing for an arcade style stick. Top panel will have a joystick/buttons mounted into it, the holes on the side are for buttons like start/select/home and the cable, and the inside will hold a PCB/wiring.

Sexy stuff, Skilletor. Saw it in the arcade stick thread but didn't comment yet. I love the "variant edition" label with your handle (?), keeping that comic book theme. Be sure to post a pic of the finished product when it's done!

And thanks for increasing my temptation to go all out on a custom stick even more, haha...

robot

synt4x said:
I usually don't post in this thread, but I got some extra money this months so I've picked up some goodies and thought it might be worth a post now.
Sorry if there's a lot of photos. Maybe I could have combined some into one. Oh well.
Vice Project Doom is so awesome. Been meaning to get Goonies for like 2 years now, thanks for reminding me. Awesome haul!

Skilletor

Gvaz said:
So what the heck is it?

It's a wooden, custom case. It doesn't have plexi yet, so that might be why it doesn't look like it.
Here's what a couple look like all finished:

102_0390.jpg

100_0359.jpg

:)

ExMachina said:
It's a custom wooden housing for an arcade style stick. Top panel will have a joystick/buttons mounted into it, the holes on the side are for buttons like start/select/home and the cable, and the inside will hold a PCB/wiring.

Sexy stuff, Skilletor. Saw it in the arcade stick thread but didn't comment yet. I love the "variant edition" label with your handle (?), keeping that comic book theme. Be sure to post a pic of the finished product when it's done!

And thanks for increasing my temptation to go all out on a custom stick even more, haha...

I definitely will. I love custom cases. I have two TEs, but being at a tourney and being able to tell which stick is mine at a glance is a special kind of comfort.

TetraxShards said:
Case for a TE fightstick? Just a guess mind you.

I love the Iron Spider artwork on the side, lovely stuff Skilletor.

Thanks. I chose some art from my favorite artists. That's one of my favorite drawings from Michael Turner.

-KRS-

robot said:
Vice Project Doom is so awesome. Been meaning to get Goonies for like 2 years now, thanks for reminding me. Awesome haul!

Yeah they're really good. But Vice is so damn hard! I haven't been able to get to stage 3 yet because the stage 2 boss is merciless. Guess I'll have to practice more :p

And Goonies I actually paid a bit overprice for. $24 shipped, BIN. You should probably be able to get it much cheaper if you have the patience to find a good auction.

Edit: The first time I played Vice, I was at first like "Oh yeah, some driving action game huh. kinda lame". Then I beat the car stage boss and was like "holy shit! it's actually an awesome platformer with great graphics and weapons with perfect controls. SOLD!"

Raitosaito said:
tumblr_lt4hlwiQZX1qm6lg9o1_500.png

Feels good. Why do I upgrade only after 2 months i'll never know.

I feel you had my 4 for about 5 months? And upgraded to a 64GB 4s white lol

Its a disease. Just the week before I bought a galaxy s2 but returned it

Captain Blood said:
Just got my baby home a couple hours ago. My first brand new car :)

2012 Civic Si

c960f21c.jpg

Congrats! I just recently paid of my first new car and it's an outstanding feeling to be free and clear with something you now own.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Vice Project Doom is baller-city, it out-Ninja Gaidens Ninja Gaiden.

In Japan it's called Gun-Dac.

Love that game, actually was thinking of buying a Famicom copy today.

bPod

Captain Blood said:
Just got my baby home a couple hours ago. My first brand new car :)

2012 Civic Si

af7edb93.jpg

Love the song you were listening to at the time lol

Congrats on the car!

I recently finished paying off my car and now I have a mortgage to deal with...being an adult sucks!

Forgot to post these on Friday, but been busy this weekend.

Upgraded my 3GS for this beauty, White 64GB iPhone 4S:
P1010670.jpg

P1010671.jpg

A shirt and two cases for the phone:
P1010676.jpg

New book:
P1010677.jpg

MG310

Lots of stuff from NYCC...

DSCN0901.jpg

2 Mark Brooks hardcover art books
Modern Masters John Romita Jr.
Orchid #1 signed by Tom Morello,
Daredevil 1 signed by Paolo Rivera
Blank cover Daredevil 1 w/ David Mack sketch and a few of his Kabuki Reflections/Dream Logic books.

DSCN0902.jpg

Play Arts Kai Snake - they included the pink cardboard box & display base at the Square Enix booth
DC Direct Arkham City Sickened Joker - limited to 4000
2x Hasbro exclusive Marvel Universe Compound Hulk
Felicia Day/Sandeep Parikh autographs

DSCN0914.jpg

Shirt & foam fingers from the Street Fighter X Tekken football game between Ono and Harada

DSCN0915.jpg

Bioshock Infinite posters signed by Ken Levine, Troy Baker, and Courtnee Draper (the propaganda one is the one that was handed out at the signing)

DSCN0916.jpg

Portal shirts from Glitch Gaming and won the Uncharted shirt for winning a 5v5 team deathmatch

DSCN0919.jpg

Street Fighter X Tekken poster signed by Ono
MvC3 Alvin Lee print
UMvC3 poster signed by Frank Tieri

DSCN0921.jpg

2 David Mack Daredevil/Echo prints
Mark Brooks Gotham City Sirens print

DSCN0924.jpg

Paolo Rivera Daredevil print

DSCN0903.jpg

Mark Dos Santos prints

mintylurb

My goty has finally arrived! This would've been in my hands much sooner only if HMV honored my pre-order.. Goddang lousy euro online store.

2na38zt.jpg

Oh and DS..

vdz68n.jpg

Totally forgot about the pick up threads.

Picked up a 2012 MINI Coupe S this past week. Custom ordered it and it launched in the US on October 1st.

I love it :D

307205_10150400535160399_560865398_10332804_1317920207_n.jpg

310902_10150407526100399_560865398_10371620_896414350_n.jpg

Sofo

FINALBOSS said:
If someone ever gave me a pen as a present, I'd punch a hole through someone's face.
Why? It might not be the most useful or "fun" present, but it's a present they needed not to do. It's a graduation present, for a career I loved to study for and that they paid. As a matter of fact, I expected nothing (and wanted nothing).

I'm really proud they gave me such an expensive present, it means how glad they're for me and I'm grateful, not only for the pen, but the kind of parents that I have. (I don't know how you could feel even slightly ungrateful after that, but to each their own).

-PXG- said:
My dad has a a bunch of Mont Blanc pens. They are really nice. And expensive. Take good care of it.
Mine does as well. He's not so much as a collector but over the years he's come to have a wide variety. He currently uses this very same model on daily basis, so it looks like it can take on some action. Needless to say, I'll make sure to be careful!

Number45

I love pens. I have to force myself to not buy them all the time.

I don't know why the fascination though, I barely write anything. Ever.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
It's that time of the month again! I had to hoof it down to my local Hard-Off for a pretty sweet LOAD

QHbJr.jpg

Double Dragon III complete (even has the matching survey and plastic bag), Super Mario Bros. 3, Hoshi no Kirby, Star Force, Dr. Mario, Majou Densetsu II: Dai Ma Shikyou Galious, Star Luster, A Week of Garfield, Galaxian, Excitebike, Famicom Jump: Hero Retsuden, Ganbare Goemon Gaiden 2, and then the SUPERFIND, a (rather beat-up but perfectly working) Game Boy Light! This is the first I've ever seen one in person. And I picked up Kirby's Dream Land, Donkey Kong, and Wario Land for that.

3kXLg.jpg

Indiglo backlight!

Grand total for all these goodies? 2800 yen! Alarmingly, Double Dragon III was the most expensive at 630 yen, while the Game Boy Light was a delightful 420, with the other games all 105 except I think Mario 3 was 210.

Dear Hard-Off, I love you.

Snipes424

TurtleSnatcher said:

Picked up a 2012 MINI Coupe S this past week. Custom ordered it and it launched in the US on October 1st.

Nice! I got the Countryman back in July, but I do like the Coupe S body style.

Congrats.

FrankNitty said:
I feel you had my 4 for about 5 months? And upgraded to a 64GB 4s white lol

Its a disease. Just the week before I bought a galaxy s2 but returned it

thats strange because the galaxy s2 is better in every way. Android, bigger screen, better screen. 1gb ram, more powerful processor....im not sure why you would want to trade in an S2? I have one and its absolutely amazing. it is more powerful than my work laptop.

Tomodachi

Phat Michael said:
thats strange because the galaxy s2 is better in every way. Android, bigger screen, better screen. 1gb ram, more powerful processor....im not sure why you would want to trade in an S2? I have one and its absolutely amazing. it is more powerful than my work laptop.
shotsfired.gif

85231bae.jpg

I've always wondered, when dealers slap their name on the back of the car like that, is that an easily removable decal? Or is it on their for good?

-KRS-

lobdale said:
It's that time of the month again! I had to hoof it down to my local Hard-Off for a pretty sweet LOAD

http://i.imgur.com/QHbJr.jpg

Double Dragon III complete (even has the matching survey and plastic bag), Super Mario Bros. 3, Hoshi no Kirby, Star Force, Dr. Mario, Majou Densetsu II: Dai Ma Shikyou Galious, Star Luster, A Week of Garfield, Galaxian, Excitebike, Famicom Jump: Hero Retsuden, Ganbare Goemon Gaiden 2, and then the SUPERFIND, a (rather beat-up but perfectly working) Game Boy Light! This is the first I've ever seen one in person. And I picked up Kirby's Dream Land, Donkey Kong, and Wario Land for that.

http://i.imgur.com/3kXLg.jpg

Indiglo backlight!

Grand total for all these goodies? 2800 yen! Alarmingly, Double Dragon III was the most expensive at 630 yen, while the Game Boy Light was a delightful 420, with the other games all 105 except I think Mario 3 was 210.

Dear Hard-Off, I love you.

Wow that's cheap! And such great games too. I suppose you live in Japan? That would explain it. Famicom games can be really cheap there it seems.

AlfaTrion

mblitek said:
Ontario GAF represent! Haha, whereabouts? I'm on the Caledon/Brampton border. Nice pickup by the way! I love my Burton products, quality stuff it seems.

I'm straight up Toronto :) Nice to 'meet' you!
Yeah Burton has the best quality, hands down :D

zmet

Beats, Rhymes & Life: The Travel of A Tribe Called Quest and Demon City Shinjuku
octb5.jpg

Armadillo for the Famicom
octb6.jpg

.hacked

TurtleSnatcher said:

NICE!!!!

Test drove one last week. I need to get one some day and add it to my MINI collection (Cooper S, Countryman S and a Clubman S Hampton ED).

JEKKI said:
bringin sexy back!!

29f142dd71e04d2c84e290589b5e9bfc_7.jpg

Commodore sixty foooooooouuuuuuuurr~~~!!!

oh my gaaaaaaaawwwww

oh my gawww

OH MY GAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW

waaaa haaaa

[slow motion replay]waaaa haaaa[/slow]

yes! yes! yes~! YES!! YES!!

now I can play my games from Blockbuster!!

and what's this?!?!

COMMODORE SIXTY-.... four... remote... control...

... car...

-_-...

thank you ebay.

I used to have that exact same monitor and used it for every system from NES up to the PSX. Then HDTVs came out.

Ninja Scooter said:
[G]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii68/herauf117/85231bae.jpg[/IMG]

I've always wondered, when dealers slap their name on the back of the car like that, is that an easily removable decal? Or is it on their for good?

Any car I have bought in the past I have told them to remove it before I drive off. The one time they forgot I did it myself and it was very easy. Peel it off and if any glue is left over you grab a bottle of Goo Gone and use it on a microfiber cloth to wipe away the glue. It is completely safe to use on paint in my experience and was recommended by a detailer

Amagon

Been meaning to check out Wildboyz again. Very educational show, lol. And I've been on a Jackass binge lately so checking out The Dudesons is something I haven't done yet. Gotta pick up Wildboyz season 3 & 4 soon plus I got Dirty Sanchez coming along the way.

rarpi.jpg

Top Bottom