• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

DSC_5066.JPG

From the Gamefly sale. Crysis 2 was the LE and came sealed.

DSC_5070.JPG

DSC_5062.JPG

DSC_5063.JPG

Tomodachi

kyubajin said:
Finally got my mutha 'ucking copy, only took Zavvi 14 days...
Yep, it's crazy. I only buy from amazon uk nowadays, don't they ship to Spain? Got Dark Souls from them in four days.

kyubajin

Tomodachi said:
Yep, it's crazy. I only buy from amazon uk nowadays, don't they ship to Spain? Got Dark Souls from them in four days.
Yeh they do... I wanted to save stupid £2-3 and used Zavvi instead. Never again!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
kyubajin said:
Finally got my mutha 'ucking copy, only took Zavvi 14 days...
Hopefully that'll learn you a lesson never to buy games from Zavvi if you want them day 1...
or day 10

Grats though ♥ and enjoy!

Madrical

Banned
dallow_bg said:
Smiths Complete Deluxe Box set
I am jelly!

And thanks for the guy who posted The Walking Dead book 7, I didn't know it out was out! Thought it was out November, just bought it off eBay.

Melchiah

Just got the branding irons I ordered in July from a friend of mine, and a 1921 medical book from another friend.

SZ86W.jpg

abq

Melchiah said:
Just got the branding irons I ordered in July from a friend of mine, and a 1921 medical book from another friend.

http://i.imgur.com/SZ86W.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
not sure if zodiac killer or just friend of zodiac killer

JBKapnMorg

Neo Member
Melchiah said:
That's actually pretty cool, in a really naughty way. Unless they're just for display, then that's cool too.

Melchiah

JBKapnMorg said:
That's actually pretty cool, in a really naughty way. Unless they're just for display, then that's cool too.

They are to be used in next year's performances. Actually a couple of my friends asked if they could put them to use as well.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Been a surprisingly busy month considering friends are working, GF is at school, family is busy, and I'm a broke unemployed graduate, lol.

Just got back from a nine day trip in PA/NJ/NY. Grabbed the magazine right before my plane was delayed for two hours on the tarmac... ugh.

6261564527_7d1dc12022_z.jpg

Had to stop and grab some goodies from the Nintendo World Store... man am I too old for that place! Grabbed two mugs while I was there; one is for my best bud.

6262076784_8436985c0d_z.jpg

6261554707_9b164fbca1_z.jpg

... I also grabbed four $4 cookies (!) from Levain Bakery. They're my GF's favorite, and I couldn't come back home empty handed, now could I? Unfortunately, no pics of those, as they're way back in my cupboard and I'm lazy.

Moving on, while I was gone the fan controller I bought from a user on [H] arrived. Basically brand new. But I need some 4-pin -> 2-pin fan adapters. Anyone happen to know where I can find some cheap ones?

6262083944_8aa46054e8_z.jpg

And crap do I need to replace that BR drive with one that actually matches!

Also finally got to mess around with my new 4S that arrived last Friday! Honestly, my 3GS was still doing alright, but this phone is *SO* much faster!

6262080434_16cba6e8f5_z.jpg

I grabbed Forza last night from Best Buy. They wouldn't PM the TRU B2G1 deal; but I had store credit. Hoping they run their own B2G1 here soon, and so I can return/rebuy. And my apologies if I've already posted the Ico/SotC pickup.

6262082212_1d51ed8e4e_z.jpg

And finally, here's a picture of my beautiful GF with the pumpkins we picked at the (not really) local pumpkin patch:

6261550841_3eaf75c4de_z.jpg

Tobe

SalsaShark said:
I wanna live wherever a broke, unemployed graduate is able to afford trips, PC parts and an iphone 4S.
maybe his family is rich? who knows but those pickups where great specially the bowser tshirt

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Lol, so quick to assume, you all... ;p

Trip to those places was paid for by someone who needed some severe work done on a house/rental property. Six 10hr days of manual labor. I just happened to be close to NY so I met with some family around there and spent a day there.

PC fan cost me $20 in PayPal money that I got for selling an extra BF3 alpha invite (and I ain't greedy... I gave away three ;) ).

The BRD was a Christmas gift from two years ago. I bought the AW desktop while in college working ~50hrs/week. 18 months ago I had no idea that it'd be this insanely difficult to start my career. And, fwiw, I got the desktop for more than 60% off their retail price.

I sold my 3GS to offset the cost of the 4S. Wasn't too much cash out of pocket.

My family is *FAAAAAR* from rich. I promise ;)

As for the GF - I certainly appreciate the compliments. But I can't explain her ;p We've been together for a little over four years now. She just must be attracted to my good looks and charm, lol.

SalsaShark said:
I wanna live wherever a broke, unemployed graduate is able to afford trips, PC parts and an iphone 4S.
not to defend him but maybe it wasnt a trip per se. I live in Louisville and we have an orchard & farm that grows pumpkins about 40 minutes away from my house.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
GodfatherX said:
not to defend him but maybe it wasnt a trip per se. I live in Louisville and we have an orchard & farm that grows pumpkins about 40 minutes away from my house.

Father is that you?

It's me Grave =3

Salsa

GodfatherX said:

why would you need to defend him? i wasnt trying to attack him lol :p i was just genuinely curious/doing a remark. Good on the guy for being to afford all of that! even more so with no job atm.

Busy month so far. Battlefield 3 and Captain America should be arriving next week from Amazon to boot.

I'm going straight ghetto with the printer below stacking it on its box until the printer table I ordered arrives next week as well.

Anyways...

GAMES:

4kd93q.jpg

MOVIES:

167m7tt.jpg

TOYS:

30iunhk.jpg

I love these little guys. I need to pick up the rest of the Marvel characters and get started on the Star Wars line.

PRODUCTIVITY:

Canon PIXMA MG5220 Wireless Inkjet Printer

el8q39.jpg

COLLECTIBLES:

Nice addition to my collection. Sideshow shipped my Bruce Wayne/Batman Begins Hot Toys 12inch Figure! He can be decked out in the climbing harness/black mask or the full Begins costume.

xx4wk.jpg

157j3i1.jpg

fodcnd.jpg

20j4oc4.jpg

rjgmeg.jpg

Salsa

I got Batman and Robin earlier this month and i was really disappointed in them tbh. They came with a lousy paintjob and what overall felt like a lazy or rushed production work. Batman has extra paint in one of his eyes (wich makes it not-round), Robin is missing some paint in his hair, darker spots in some areas, etc. They're made in China so i shouldnt be surprised i guess? Mighty Muggs are much better.

edit: Oh i should note i didnt get the bobblehead versions.

SalsaShark said:
They're made in China so i shouldnt be surprised i guess? Mighty Muggs are much better.
I like them. They are definitely on the cheap side but then they cost $7.99 a pop so I wasn't expecting too much out of them. I like the look of the characters and my daughter gets a kick out of 'em.

Salsa

Futurevoid said:
I like them. They are definitely on the cheap side but then they cost $7.99 a pop so I wasn't expecting too much out of them. I like the look of the characters and my daughter gets a kick out of 'em.

yeah, the price is right for sure. I was just a little bummed cause i paid for shipment.

Sinthetic

Skel1ingt0n said:
Lol, so quick to assume, you all... ;p

Trip to those places was paid for by someone who needed some severe work done on a house/rental property. Six 10hr days of manual labor. I just happened to be close to NY so I met with some family around there and spent a day there.

PC fan cost me $20 in PayPal money that I got for selling an extra BF3 alpha invite (and I ain't greedy... I gave away three ;) ).

The BRD was a Christmas gift from two years ago. I bought the AW desktop while in college working ~50hrs/week. 18 months ago I had no idea that it'd be this insanely difficult to start my career. And, fwiw, I got the desktop for more than 60% off their retail price.

I sold my 3GS to offset the cost of the 4S. Wasn't too much cash out of pocket.

My family is *FAAAAAR* from rich. I promise ;)

As for the GF - I certainly appreciate the compliments. But I can't explain her ;p We've been together for a little over four years now. She just must be attracted to my good looks and charm, lol.

This my friends, is a smart man!

Holy cow at how awesome that Batman Statue is.

robot

Some new games! Probably done with arcade pcb's until xmas - this was a doozy.

11742aa8.jpg
36b68b2d.jpg

- Hyper Street Fighter 2 Anniversary Edition (conversion) - Never knew this existed in arcade form until about a week ago. Couldn't find an original so a conversion had to do.
- Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom - Wanted this for a looong time. Figured I'd play ToD first before buying Shadow Over Mystaria (the sequel)
- Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness - Robots! Now I wanna get Tech Romancer.

b18bf479.jpg

Bison cries blood!

Got a new phone earlier in the month. Haven't gotten into much customization yet, still using the standard Go Launcher EX. This thing is pretty sweet

SORRY FOR AMAZING FUCKING PHONE PIC

Dark Souls baybeh. Came in the mail today, waiting for my PS3 controller to charge up then I'm diving in.

mr stroke

DeVeAn said:
Are you in the US? Really dying for that headset. How comfortable is it?

Its comfortable, but it unfortunately picks up feed back from my router(which is right next to my Xbox)

I kept hearing little pops and cracks so I returned it.

hank_tree

Wasn't expecting this to arrive so soon. If I'm going to play one game this weekend starring a bad ass detective, it's gonna be this one.

IMG_0025-1.jpg

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
picked up some completes 2 days ago all for SNES. Paid $74 for all of it pretty happy about finding a complete Sunset Riders! :D

Zelda Alttp(came with the maps :D), Sunset Riders, SF2 Turbo, King of the Monsters
IMG_0530.jpg

Pilot Wings, Donkey Kong Country,Bram Stroker's Dracula
IMG_0532.jpg

Top Bottom