• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

omgkitty

guest1321 said:
Now I get to wait until I get off school at 8 tonight to play. And on top of that I am still super obsessed with Forza. Life presents way to many tough decisions.

First world problems.

omgkitty

BannedEpisode said:
Lonely on your pedestal?

God forbid someone talks about video games on a video game website. I really hate that phrase.

I was more talking about the "life presents way too many tough decisions" quote. Plus it's a joke.

omgkitty said:
I was more talking about the "life presents way too many tough decisions" quote. Plus it's a joke.
I'm sorry then, I just see that holier than thou stuff a lot these days on Gaf. It drives me nuts.

My bad. I snapped.

omgkitty

BannedEpisode said:
I'm sorry then, I just see that holier than thou stuff a lot these days on Gaf. It drives me nuts.

My bad. I snapped.

It's cool. If anything, I'm a poster boy for first world problems.

Majanew

Banned
UPS just dropped off my copy. Installing. Yay.

1623dbb.jpg

Amagon

Iron_Scimitar said:
I want need that in my life

IjT1hl.jpg

Top to Bottom:

Conan
MotorStorm Apocolypse
Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society (Blu Ray)
Battlefield 3
Save the Green Planet!
Dirty Sanchez The Movie
The Night Eternal

And display in the background is Battlefield 3 for the PC! Runs ok on low settings on my laptop but gotta support Dice.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
zmet said:
Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 Soundtrack
octb9.jpg

3 discs of Sonic goodness! Also, the booklet is in both english and japanese.
oh shit i completely forgot about this!

*freaks out

Got a ton of stuff in the last month but just haven't kept up with the posting.

So I bought a new PS3 after selling mine 3 months ago. Too many great games coming out and I missed HD gaming goodness.

Along with that I got a ton of PS3 games:

Got these two from the GameFly Sale. Portal was $15 and SotD was $18. Both came in like new condition and Portal had the steam code.

IMAG0061.jpg

Got Saints Row 2 and Vanquish at the TRU B2G1 Free sale (along with Punch Out).
IMAG0060.jpg

Picked up the gold standard for studio headphones in the Sony MDR-7509's. Fucking love these headphones, even more than my Audiotechnica ATH-M50's. Great for editing video on my Macbook Pro. Also super compact for traveling.

IMAG0063.jpg

Picked up a new 15" Macbook Pro and Final Cut X. I am actually one of the few that find it great for my midlevel video editing needs:

IMAG0062.jpg

Finally this arrived today, going to start it tonight:

IMAG0064.jpg

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
My pickups for the month :

Sennheiser HD 238's. My first real set of headphones, and I really like them. They are incredibly comfortable and sound much better than the crap I'm use to. These will end up as my work headphones, and I'll probably be looking for a better set for use at home.

AA2h5.jpg

Maui Jim shades.

bPQl8.jpg

A few games on the cheap, and a Logitech Harmony 650 remote.

EY0U2.jpg

Acrylic7

CoachKevin said:
Got a ton of stuff in the last month but just haven't kept up with the posting.

Picked up the gold standard for studio headphones in the Sony MDR-7509's. Fucking love these headphones, even more than my Audiotechnica ATH-M50's. Great for editing video on my Macbook Pro. Also super compact for traveling.

IMAG0063.jpg
questions

so what makes these better than the Sony MDR 7506's?
they all look as if they do the exact same thing. I'm clueless with these things. Been looking for some better headphones.

also, how much?

Nakazato said:
No truer words have been spoken
I was just telling my wife how I wish they sold them separately. Really not down to spend the change on them for just the first one but damn it's tempting to hear the last scene in 7.1 on my system. ... Very tempting

luka

Loves Robotech S1
ArrrrghX said:
Where and how?
Japan

FrankNitty said:
I was just telling my wife how I wish they sold them separately. Really not down to spend the change on them for just the first one but damn it's tempting to hear the last scene in 7.1 on my system. ... Very tempting
They will be separate soon enough. I learned that lesson with the Alien box set. Now I'm stuck with 2 of the greatest movies ever sharing the same space with 2 complete wastes of celluloid.

guest1321

Sagitario said:
So... does this work [in theory] like the Wii wheel?
[In theory] ? The input is the same but the sensors are far better than the wii wheel. The games I have tried with it have pretty good integration. My biggest gripe with the wii wheel was that I never really felt like the physical center was the actual center. But yeah, as a fellow owner, I can say this is an awesome solution for the gray area between controllers and wheel set ups.

Sagitario

Kagari said:
433110789.jpg

One of the greatest movies of all time contained within.

OMG. Is it out already?

Kagari said:
Lost World isn't too bad, although the novel is miles better :D

I enjoyed [still do] Lost World a lot. For me, 1 > 2 >> 3

guest1321 said:
[In theory] ? The input is the same but the sensors are far better than the wii wheel. The games I have tried with it have pretty good integration. My biggest gripe with the wii wheel was that I never really felt like the physical center was the actual center. But yeah, as a fellow owner, I can say this is an awesome solution for the gray area between controllers and wheel set ups.

That's why I said in theory. It's motion control (like in Mario Kart or Excitebots). Good to hear it feels [and the sensors are] much better.

The_Monk

It has finally arrived, waited 10 working days, phew!

Dark Souls The Official Guide

hPkJTl.jpg

The price was so good I couldn't believe it, and is it my impression or does it seems to be sold out everywhere?

Tomodachi

The_Monk said:
The price was so good I couldn't believe it, and is it my impression or does it seems to be sold out everywhere?
Tell me about it. Ordered from play.com but I've got the impression they already sold out and are waiting for more copies.

Snookie

MaizeRage25 said:
About 50 pages in and can already tell this is going to be SUPER depressing:

6281352349_2919fe8330_z.jpg

Oh man there is a book about rich rod? Yikes. Thats like someone publishing a book on matt millen and the detroit lions. living through it was enough.

go blue.

Got a copy!

Sorry for the crappy pics ;P... Btw, this is the german version, but contains a shitload of languages and a turnable cover to hide that USK logo and stuff. Also, no installs and no update so far.

8mmZa.jpg

2QCuU.jpg

49HSL.jpg

Scythian

Sorry for the horrible iTouch pictures D:

Biophilia and Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
ixHB0SF54COAt.JPG

A Tale of Two Sisters
ibpGvQmXi7fptq.JPG

Fable II
ibt0mnwBYIj8h9.JPG

I'm really glad I could pick these up :D