• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Tomodachi

Dave Long said:
Do the Garlond Goggles make the game look awesome or something?
Nope, they don't do miracles. They're simply totally awful ingame goggles.

5f5k5s.jpg

Gameboy415

Got some of the latest and greatest DS games:
1110DS.jpg

Duck Amuck was on clearance at Target and the other 3 are from the B2G1 @ Toys R Us.

And some cheap PS3 stuff:
1110Sony2.jpg

Duke Nukem was $13.99 on Amazon and the rest were on clearance @ Target.

1110Sony3.jpg

Amazon finally came through on my DS pre-order and the big box games were $19.99 each at Gamestop and Target respectively.
I still have a Dark Souls guide on the way from Amazon that should be here by the end of the week! :)

Jockel

lobdale said:
Got this neat little guy in a trade today. An original Mother cart with a custom-flashed ROM containing the English EarthBound prototype. SMAAAAASH!!

321530_10100308032387590_16907981_48444345_27479445_n.jpg
Can you give any details on how to do that? I know it was not you doing it, but maybe you know? Cause I was thinking about buying Mother for this very reason.

Shadow780

Holycrap @ the Ferrari, most expensive pick-up ever except real estate?

New ultrathin laptop! Damn the thing is made of sex.

C34jol.jpg

WxjrLl.jpg

jjOacl.jpg

PfJ6dl.jpg

qHCxVl.jpg

Pros:

Ultrathin and superlight, I can't stress enough about how awesome it is.

Media dock with blu-ray and AMD 6650M in case I want to play more graphic intense games.

Cons:

Probably the worst built-in speaker in any laptop today, sound is tiny and if I crank it up then it becomes distorted. Better to have an earpiece at all times. I think even Sony knew how bad the speaker is it the box came with a pair of noise-canceling earphone.

Not enough feedback when typing with its keyboard.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Got home from the weekend and was greeted by my new Moshi iPouch.

I like it. And I think it'll work... ... But now I kinda wish I had gone with a leather sleeve or something. Not sure...

6277902250_6e8c8705e3_z.jpg

I forgot to snap pics of the complements to my fan controller in the last post:

6277892384_fc3509c500_z.jpg

6277896102_0760444acf_z.jpg

I watched my team get pummeled on Saturday, lol.

6277885924_ece0a3abb1_z.jpg

And I've spent the last couple hours playing this:

6266665809_9d3aa00246.jpg

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Jockel said:
Can you give any details on how to do that? I know it was not you doing it, but maybe you know? Cause I was thinking about buying Mother for this very reason.

Like I said, I got it in a trade, but I think the guy I traded with had it done by www.nesreproductions.com . I think you need to supply the original Mother cart and then you pay like 25 bucks and he makes the ROM and switches it in for you.

Let me know if you end up deciding to do it, I can probably help hook you up with a Mother cartridge that is not too insanely expensive.

Lerozz

Got the 360 of my GF for my bday. Bought the black controller for some local coop.

b7dd9c7a.jpg

Got Gears 3 from my GF (also for my bday). Bought 1+2.

676e9697.jpg

Decided to finally jump on Killer7 for NGC after the recent thread (had it for years on PS2 already). Got it used for a bit over 10 euros and it looks like unwrapped shortly before I got it. Awesome !!

eef7f7c0.jpg

WEGGLES

RoninChaos said:
I was thinking of getting my son one of those for christmas. Do you like it?
I think it's quite cool. Though, I'm 21, so might not be the best comparison to your son (unless he's 21 as well). I got it as a birthday present, haha.

Lireu77 said:
Got the 360 of my GF for my bday. Bought the black controller for some local coop.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Lireu/b7dd9c7a.jpg[/MG]

Got Gears 3 from my GF (also for my bday). Bought 1+2.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Lireu/676e9697.jpg[/MG]

Decided to finally jump on Killer7 for NGC after the recent thread (had it for years on PS2 already). Got it used for a bit over 10 euros and it looks like unwrapped shortly before I got it. Awesome !!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Lireu/eef7f7c0.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]
Good lord, every Gears sleeve is different, I couldnt handle that lol. Too OCD.

Baconbitz

Banned
lobdale said:
Like I said, I got it in a trade, but I think the guy I traded with had it done by www.nesreproductions.com . I think you need to supply the original Mother cart and then you pay like 25 bucks and he makes the ROM and switches it in for you.

Let me know if you end up deciding to do it, I can probably help hook you up with a Mother cartridge that is not too insanely expensive.
Are you saying that its easier to find a Mother cartridge then find an Earthbound cartridge?

U2NUMB

Cheska said:
What, really!? And you got the Batman collectors edition guide? Which country are you from?

Just got my collectors guide tonight. From the US.. here is a pic of all the cards.. sorry for the quality.

Guide also comes with a poster. My only gripe with the collectors guide is that it has NOTHING written on the end. No name or anything .. just a white wasteland.
b_ac_cards.jpg

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Baconbitz said:
Are you saying that its easier to find a Mother cartridge then find an Earthbound cartridge?
Not that finding an Earthbound cartridge would have anything to do with the project, yes.

edit: Unless of course you are referring somehow to an NES Earthbound cartridge, which does not exist.

guest1321

^^ That looks too good.
Forgive my stupidity, but I'm assuming that isn't the guide (Someone was complaining about it being to white), so what is that?!?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Got these from Singapore (Chinatown):

2h3a0ef.jpg

The Boat

6J0Ec.jpg

Ta7H0.jpg

szxdt.jpg

q9N7U.jpg

sYOSp.jpg

Pissed it doesn't come with a physical guide, but hey, whatever. Barely had time to play it :/
9jAEn.jpg

6€ the entire Mad Men 1st season, BSG was €9 I think.
p6Jzi.jpg

The special pick-up of the month, Harmony of a Hunter:
5SoGg.jpg

Even the packaging is freaking sweet.
TswtG.jpg

79L2i.jpg

This was drawn on the back of the envelope :)
1O8JF.jpg

KZu58.jpg

83/200!

Didn't get any birthday presents, but hey, can't complain.

zmet

Zombie
octb10.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2 Soundtrack
octb9.jpg

3 discs of Sonic goodness! Also, the booklet is in both english and japanese.

Taito Retro Game Music Collection 3: All Target Cluster
octb11.jpg

Arcade soundtracks in this 2 CD set: Elevator Action, Kiki KaiKai, Bubble Bobble, The New Zealand Story, Pu. Li. Ru. La, Bubble Symphony, Bubble Memories: The Story of Bubble Bobble III

Forgot to post this as well last week.

17741780.jpg

Not sure when I'll play it as I've got another 1-2 games coming this week... Plus I still need to finish the first one.

Strike said:
Well, obviously I don't think anyone is going to be able to top that, but I'm still going to show off what I got for the month.

DSCN0795.jpg

Needed new shoes so I got these shipped from Finish Line last week. Copy of Gears was $36 from Lockerz.

Those shoes are boss.

guest1321

There was some confusion with my pre-order so I ended up re-ordering it last night from amazon (around 5pm). I got the back to karkand expansion, dog tag pack, and a $20 amazon credit. I was surprised this deal was still available. In addition to that release day shipping was still an option so I was pretty excited. 16 hours later, this arrived:
Photo%20Oct%2025%2C%2011%2054%2003%20AM.jpg

Now I get to wait until I get off school at 8 tonight to play. And on top of that I am still super obsessed with Forza. Life presents way to many tough decisions.

Top Bottom