• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

Alebrije

BY DT 990 PRO (Impedance 250) + Yamaha amp / cd player (Impedance 270 on phone).

Light weight and very confortably for long time use. Realistic and unaccented bass response.

Robust quality parts.

5npssn.jpg

kdkf8x.jpg

Alebrije

Gummifaust said:
I am looking for new headphones. Any specific reasons why you've chosen the 990s?

No 1 ) The best deal on a cost–benefit analysis .

No. 2 ) They are open-back it gives you a more "realistic" sound than closed ones. Not recomend them for portable players because at certain volume level everyone around will hear your music. Also for portable need a 32 ohms headphone.

This resume pros ans cons :

"Open-back headphones make your playback to sound like you have a set of free-standing speakers right by your head, rather than echoing out at you from an enclosed space. Of course, the downside to this airy audio quality is you’ll be able to hear everything happening around you and everyone around you will hear your music"

Sinthetic

2bbi8z.jpg

Kubrick Blu Ray Collection, The Thing Blu Ray, House by the Cemetery Blu Ray.

5l8lg6.jpg

The Saboteur, Solatorobo, Ico Collection.

ht8wb9.jpg

Sennheiser HD201

5a3qxs.jpg

Arkham City Two Face Steelbook

Saroyan

part 2 of my October pickups

I've been wanting a DSi XL for a while, even though I already have a 3ds and a DS Lite. This one came up on Amazon in like new open box condition for cheap and I jumped on it. Blue wouldn't have been my first choice of color, but it actually looks pretty nice in person. The DSi itself was in totally unused condition, not a fingerprint or smudge to be found.

bunch of DS games, including game and watch collection because I didn't know what else to use my club nintendo points on.

couple more rpgs for my PSP, I'm hoping Trails in the Sky second chapter makes it to the US.

and finally ICO/SOTC collection from the Best Buy sale, reversible covers are nice.

Alebrije said:
No 1 ) The best deal on a cost–benefit analysis .

No. 2 ) They are open-back it gives you a more "realistic" sound than closed ones. Not recomend them for portable players because at certain volume level everyone around will hear your music. Also for portable need a 32 ohms headphone.

I had some open-back Grado headphones before and will again go this route. The question is just which ones to buy? Sennheiser HD 600/650 (pricey enough and hardly to get under ~ 300 Euros), AKG 701 (good price, but perhaps not the perfect match for my musical taste) or the Beyerdynamic 880/990.

Gouken

Banned
the love of life is finally here... :D

photo3-5.jpg

photo4-5.jpg

photo-39.jpg

to my fucking ex-wife eat fucking dirt you b!T@H!!!! this is the what i get for divorcing you! pffff at least a ferrari doesnt complain when i ride her! big mistake baby.....biiiiiig mistake...

i repost proper pics when my Italia is finally cleaned up at the showroom, and sorry i dont have time to resize the pics.

Bii

Damnit Gouken. Now my post feels so insignificant following yours. Damn, I'm jelly. Treat her well. :D

6270052308_e275afb815_b.jpg

iPhone 4S. 32GB. With Blue Apple Bumper.
This is actually a gift for the girlfriend. My upgrade is not due until next July; hopefully by then, the 5 will be out and I'll upgrade from my 4.

6269526497_e769800410_b.jpg

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. Nintendo DS. $15
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. Nintendo DS. $15
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume. Nintendo SD. $10
Retro Game Challenge. Nintendo DS. $13.67

There have been more DS game purchases but these four were within arm's reach so I took a quick photo of them. I'll get around to taking pictures of the others that I bought. All I can say is that I'm amazed at how cheap some good DS games are now. I would've never thought to find Valkyrie Profile for $10 (new on Amazon!) or even Fire Emblem at that price. At one point, I did own and finished Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow but I had a hankering for playing it again. I haven't had the chance to play the other three games but the purchasing of Retro Game Challenge was spurred by watching a few Game Center CX episodes.

6270053884_40b98d2136_b.jpg

Terminator 2: Judgment Day. Skynet Blu-Ray Edition. $5.49
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. Five-Disc Blu-Ray Combo Set. $20.99
Disneynature African Cats. Blu-Ray. $15.61

I need to do a recount of my Blu-Rays but I'm certain that I've surpassed the 100-mark. My 100th Blu-Ray was either the 10-disc Lion King Trilogy set or Disneynature African Cats.

6270053640_e28c1b47d8_b.jpg

6270074424_1fecbb52a6_b.jpg

6270052996_67aa7232f7_b.jpg

Sega Saturn Console. Model 1. MK-80000.
NA Model 2 Controller and 3D Pad.
Action Replay 4M Auto Plus.
Dragon Force, X-Men: Children of the Atom, Dark Savior, Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean, Panzer Dragoon II: Zwei, and Warcraft II: The Dark Saga.

I had to plan to repurchase a Saturn for the past year or so but couldn't find any decent deals on other forums/eBay/craigslist as everyone seemed to be overpricing them. Luckily, I was able to snag this bundle off of a gamer on CAG. Got all of it for $200 total which is not that bad considering all the games are complete with cases/manuals and some even have the block of foam intact. I regret selling my Saturn a few years ago getting very little in return. This one's a keeper. Everything is in great working condition; I just tested Dragon Force and Albert Odyssey and it's running smoothly. All the games are complete but a few of the cases are in rough shape (as evident in the pictures). Just some cracks and a few hinges broken off. Is there somewhere online where I can buy replacement Saturn cases?

The bundle also came with a NiGHTS sampler disc as well as an Interact Memory Card Plus, but I may end up tossing those as I have no use for them. I'll also need to buy some S-Video cables. Getting the Saturn to output Component is too expensive for what I don't think would be a huge upgrade...at least for now.

Jb

Gouken said:
to my fucking ex-wife eat fucking dirt you b!T@H!!!! this is the what i get for divorcing you! pffff at least a ferrari doesnt complain when i ride her! big mistake baby.....biiiiiig mistake...
Classy.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Gouken said:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/mplayer74/photo3-5.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/mplayer74/photo4-5.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/mplayer74/photo-39.jpg[IMG]

i repost proper pics when my Italia is finally cleaned up at the showroom, and sorry i dont have time to resize the pics.[/QUOTE]
I don't know if it's the Ferrari or the class, but you're awesome.

Gouken said:

i repost proper pics when my Italia is finally cleaned up at the showroom, and sorry i dont have time to resize the pics.
Damn recession. I expected a Bugatti. :-(

FINALBOSS

Banned
Spike said:
May as well end these threads. Gouken wins.

Ya, if you like cars.

I'm glad I never got into them when I was younger...you know the dudes in high-school who wanted to pimp out their Civis with neon lights and corny rims.

As long as it gets me from point A to B and isn't busted to shit, it works fine.

Fantomex

All is not lost people! I've been so broke with a wedding coming up in weeks. Went to the 99 cent store and found this:

photo1.jpg

It's the big jumbo 17 oz. box too! How the simple treasures in life can make you so happy.

Gvaz

Banned
Widdle Wade said:
All is not lost people! I've been so broke with a wedding coming up in weeks. Went to the 99 cent store and found this:

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/battledrill/photo1.jpg[/img]

It's the big jumbo 17 oz. box too! How the simple treasures in life can make you so happy.
Why haven't they done that fucking ages ago? The little barrel things are gross.

NEO0MJ

Dammit Gouken, why don't you hang out in forums with people who have the same interests as you do. You make me feel so god damn poor.
And curse you too, Widdle Wade. I think I'd rather have a lifetime supply of Berry Cap Crunch than a Ferrari.

You all have things my heart desires, and make me want to set you on fire.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Gouken gets new cars all the time, it seems... but this... holy shit.

And the shots taken at the ex-wife only make it radder.

MRORANGE

Gouken said:

[IG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/mplayer74/photo3-5.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/mplayer74/photo4-5.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/mplayer74/photo-39.jpg[/IMG]

Holy shit! greatest GAF pickup ever?

your gonna laid every night now.

Theonik

Gouken said:

I don't know if I should hate you or love you for the sheer class of this post. At any rate you win the thread.

tolkir

Movies:

Digibook - True Grit
Once Upon a Time in the West
A.I. Artificial Intelligence
The Thin Red Line

Games don't need translation. :p

dsc04582m.jpg

sca2511

Some bundle sale GOG had

HD6950 to try and flash to 6970 (success) and a barely visible picture of tickets to Oklahoma.

Ordered some games and bought the shoes while I was in Oklahoma. When I got back, ordered some Sanyo batteries and Korean arcade stick parts (Fanta and Crown) for my Mayflash.

46" Panasonic ST30, Ikea TV stand, 360 slim, and a barely visible $65 Wii.

Some games I missed out from the past months and wanted to add more games for my Wii/GC. Received the 360 for free from the laptop sale they recently had @Amazon, I chose the 3830tg.

My previous car (tC) turned into a Prius after me and my gf's accident a year ago. I bought a GTI '12, in full, since it's the car I wanted ever since I had the tC. Excited since it's my first car paid for with 100% my money. Hope it lasts a LONG while.

glaurung

*stares at Ferrari

That's it, I am no longer posting in this thread. I did have some new Wii and PS3 games lined up and some movies, but I will upload them in the November thread instead.

Unless someone posts a Lamborghini or Jaguar in that one.

Gouken

Banned
There goes my 270,000 thousand dollars, i'll have better stable pics once i take delivery on Monday or Tuesday (and sober). I told you guys last month i would own this thread last November no one believed me :D

Gouken said:
to my fucking ex-wife eat fucking dirt you b!T@H!!!! this is the what i get for divorcing you! pffff at least a ferrari doesnt complain when i ride her! big mistake baby.....biiiiiig mistake..

is this guy for real? enjoy riding your car dude...

Strike

Well, obviously I don't think anyone is going to be able to top that, but I'm still going to show off what I got for the month.

DSCN0795.jpg

Needed new shoes so I got these shipped from Finish Line last week. Copy of Gears was $36 from Lockerz.

JEKKI

maaaaaaan fuck gamestop!!!

11359a63a8fb4e9eb5d02168cd89cac9_7.jpg

their website had the Tactics Ogre strategy guide with a location checker that said the store close to me had it in stock!!

except I didnt have time to go, until today,

but when I went to double check the site, it was no longer in the search results.

I go to the store anyways and the guy is like "yeah man sorry we threw all those old guides away like 2 days ago"

-_- wtf....

Top Bottom