• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Show us your gaming goods!)

btf1980 said:
A few goodies came in.

The new Rotel RSP-1069 Processor and some B&W CM7 speakers.

IMG_0214.jpg

NICE!
had a chance to listen to the CM7's in home yet?
I picked up the new 600 series about a couple months ago and are treating me well. I was considering the CM7's, but could not pass up on the deal i got on the 600's.

Also where did you get the Infernal Affairs BD? Imported?

don't have pics, but i picked up:
Blu Ray:
Robocop
Twilight Zone
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Evil Dead 2
Total Recall
Stargate
Immortal Beloved
5th Element
Tears of the Sun

Xbox 360:
Orange Box
Halo 3
Sega Rally Revo
Beautiful Katamari
Bioshock

PS2:
Guilty Gear Accent Core

toneroni

MarkMan said:
1686973980_8a4f7c2ed9.jpg

Took advantage of the Best Buy deal... (Buy HD-DVD add on, get Heroes HD-DVD Season 1 free)...

Was SO close to getting them to add 2 free HD-DVDs of my choice(from another HD-DVD promotion in the weekly ad), but they decided no in the end... :(

O well...

Hey i got the same thing today. They denied it, I said fine and bought it. Went outside and called up corporate. So you can still do it after you bought it. Just come back with the receipt. (i picked up 300 and transfomers)

You can get the 2 free hd-dvds call up corporate and get a case # (took me like 2 minutes) OR ask to them to check "The Retail Insider." On the right side there is a specific statement -"The promotion for the 2 free HD-DVD movies INCLUDES the Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive." The article makes the point of saying that if the customer gets an XBOX 360 HD DVD Drive, they will get the Heroes, + 2 movies, + the 5 maili-in movies. The article also points out the fact that if they get the Toshiba pictured in the ad, it is actually 9 DVD's free.

heres a link to the scan of the retail insider.
http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img4070yg5.jpg

Hope this helps man (not trying to turn GAF into SD or CAG lol but had to help out)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
toneroni said:
Hey i got the same thing today. They denied it, I said fine and bought it. Went outside and called up corporate. So you can still do it after you bought it. Just come back with the receipt. (i picked up 300 and transfomers)

You can get the 2 free hd-dvds call up corporate and get a case # (took me like 2 minutes) OR ask to them to check "The Retail Insider." On the right side there is a specific statement -"The promotion for the 2 free HD-DVD movies INCLUDES the Xbox 360 HD-DVD Drive." The article makes the point of saying that if the customer gets an XBOX 360 HD DVD Drive, they will get the Heroes, + 2 movies, + the 5 maili-in movies. The article also points out the fact that if they get the Toshiba pictured in the ad, it is actually 9 DVD's free.

Hope this helps man (not trying to turn GAF into SD or CAG lol but had to help out)

Thanks! I read up on CAG and SD and saw ppl talking about calling corporate etc... So yea, I'm gonna end up getting my 2 extra HD-DVDs... :)

imgp1592.jpg

imgp1591.jpg

Picked up 2 cases for my PSP slim while in China.

Looks like the logitech PSP Playgear Pocket will be coming out in a slim model soon. The knock-off versions have started appearing in China. The one I have seems to be the same as the version for the fat PSP, except it's for the slim one and it says "2000' in the rubber casing inside. I might shave that off with an exacto knife though, b/c it's leaving marks on my PSP's screen.

The other case I picked up also fits the slim PSP and lets me play while the case is still closed over it. It's more of a flimsy plastic. I'm interested to see how long this one holds up. The disc tray and all the input/output holes are accessible with the case still on, which is a plus.

btf1980

Giant Robot said:
NICE!
had a chance to listen to the CM7's in home yet?
I picked up the new 600 series about a couple months ago and are treating me well. I was considering the CM7's, but could not pass up on the deal i got on the 600's.

Also where did you get the Infernal Affairs BD? Imported?

I imported Infernal Affairs and The Lives of Others from Hong Kong.

Yes. I've been listening now for the last few days. I have an entire CM series set-up. CM7's up front, CM1's for rears and a CMC center channel and a PV1 sub for movies and SACD's. I actually initially had 4 CM1's, but at the time wanted a cheap seperate music system, so I got rid of a pair...kept a pair and got some Axiom M22's for light listening. They (M22's) are good for the price.....but not very accurate. I then decided it was time to merge everything together, I gave the Axioms to a friend of mine. So I got the CM7's and RSP 1069 to replace my rsp 1066. Using a rotel rmb-1075 power amp to drive everything. My impressions so far, are HOLY SHIT!! The problem with speakers this revealing is that poorly mastered CD's are exposed. Shows no mercy. Many of my CD's are now unlistenable because of poor recording. A cheaper system would be more forgiving. I was playing some Diana Krall, and I could hear the moisture of her lips everytime she was about to open her mouth and sing. Kind of scary actually. My 2 reference albums, Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms and Pink Floyds Dark Side of The Moon in SACD is simply breathtaking to say the least. I've just been listening to alot of stuff and i'm hearing things I never heard before.

The new 600 series are great speakers, good bang for the buck. I listened to them extensively and they have a more forward, in your face sound, whereas the CM series are more reserved and laid back. The CM's really needs alot of amplification to really sing. Most B&W speakers are power hungry. I actually thought about getting the 800 series, but the thought of the price of the required electronics needed to drive them in a surround set-up in addition to the cost of the speakers would have been over 20K. Not ready for that yet.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
nakedsushi said:
imgp1592.jpg

imgp1591.jpg

Picked up 2 cases for my PSP slim while in China.

Looks like the logitech PSP Playgear Pocket will be coming out in a slim model soon. The knock-off versions have started appearing in China. The one I have seems to be the same as the version for the fat PSP, except it's for the slim one and it says "2000' in the rubber casing inside. I might shave that off with an exacto knife though, b/c it's leaving marks on my PSP's screen.

The other case I picked up also fits the slim PSP and lets me play while the case is still closed over it. It's more of a flimsy plastic. I'm interested to see how long this one holds up. The disc tray and all the input/output holes are accessible with the case still on, which is a plus.
LOGITECH case is GOLD. Best monies I've spent on my PSP next to my screen protector I imported at launch.

CAVE343

Oct2.jpg

Few more pick ups for october.
Finally Metroid Prime 3! Bought a Wii for it. Also got Resident Evil 4, great game but a shame about the black borders.

TwIsTeD

not opening the ace pack until i know it works on pc, and phoenix wright might get returned due to legal fees ironically

toneroni said:

Thank you very much for this post. I got this deal on Sunday, but never even asked about the promo for two other movies. I called corporate, they said no problem, gave me a case number and told me I just needed to go back to the store and that they might need to call corporate to verify!

marwan

Banned
MaX_PL said:
thats the coolest phone ever.

sure is :) ...it's packed with killer specs! it's like a mini computer in my pocket, even opens and edits MS World, Excel, Power Point and also PDF files.....plus so much more.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'd kill to be able to edit Excel/MS Word on my iPhone! :(

Slow week for me... I'm sure I'll have spent a lot by the end of the week though lol...

1733247660_c621e35c25.jpg

[Nintex]

No pictures :(

But I got Metroid Prime 3: Corruption early today.
Also I bought a Wii RGB cable a scart box thing and a scart cable with 2 audio wires to improve my SD setup. The result is great, I never thought that this shitty TV would be able to produce such a crisp and clean image. :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Inuyasha, Bleach and Kenshin plushies, Slim PSP headphones/remote, guide, another HDMI cable, Halo 3 goodies, keychains, magnets, pins, etc, and various other.

Stuff-1.jpg

S

Shepherd

Unconfirmed Member
toneroni said:

If I can get Heroes and 2 Free Movies I will buy this tonight. Thanks.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Shepherd said:
If I can get Heroes and 2 Free Movies I will buy this tonight. Thanks.

You can!

I've read reports that the 2 free instantly with purchase of HD-DVD player should automatically zero out at register when you purchase in conjunction with 360 HD-DVD add on and Heroes season 1... So everyone go for it! No need to argue and no more worries/frustration!

I had to get my sister to go back to Best Buy with the receipt to grab me Hot Fuzz + Shaun of the Dead (They were out of Transformers :( ) !

If the manager is STILL being ignorant/an ass about things you can ask them if you can speak with corporate offices and then Best Buy corporate will confirm with you what is said in the retail insider...

purg3

slept with Malkin
MarkMan said:
You can!

I've read reports that the 2 free instantly with purchase of HD-DVD player should automatically zero out at register when you purchase in conjunction with 360 HD-DVD add on and Heroes season 1... So everyone go for it! No need to argue and no more worries/frustration!

I had to get my sister to go back to Best Buy with the receipt to grab me Hot Fuzz + Shaun of the Dead (They were out of Transformers :( ) !

If the manager is STILL being ignorant/an ass about things you can ask them if you can speak with corporate offices and then Best Buy corporate will confirm with you what is said in the retail insider...

Wow, that's an incredible deal. I don't really want both formats of HD movies, but this is too good of a deal to pass up.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yea, if you think about it...

You only pay for:
HD-DVD Player + King Kong HD-DVD = $179.99

Included Free:
Heroes Season 1 HD-DVD = $99.99
HD-DVD 1 = Up to $34.99 Value
HD-DVD 2 = Up to $34.99 Value

+ 5 Free HD-DVD titles through mail promotion.

So you get WELL over $179.99 worth of HD-DVDs...

Sounds good to me!

The hard part is going to be finding Heroes S1 HD-DVD and the HD-DVD 360 player at Best Buy B&M stores :/ I've read on many forums that people have had a hard time finding them.

When I went on Sunday(when the ad started), I had to go to THREE different Best Buy stores. Good luck!

They had a left over Zelda Cell and asked if I wanted it, didn't preorder Front Mission but fortunately they had a couple of extras.
That should be it for this month. Heres to next month!
They still have a 360 Collectors Edition Bioshock that I am gonna have to ask them about next paycheck, crosses fingers that it'll still be there.
DSC00007.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

Flock

Kadey said:
Inuyasha, Bleach and Kenshin plushies, Slim PSP headphones/remote, guide, another HDMI cable, Halo 3 goodies, keychains, magnets, pins, etc, and various other.

Stuff-1.jpg

I lol'd at no actual games.

Then I cried at the fact at best i can afford 2 or 3 games a month. Let alone all that!

RSTEIN said:
It's great to see so many multi-console owners.

Indeed, just as great as it is to see that it is clearly understood that any one month may skew to one of those consoles or another in these monthly pick-up threads.

TeethMummy said:
What does the Mass Effect Pre-Order case have in it?

A short Documentary introducing Mass Effect
Two unique sets of 6 gamer pics
Two unique themes with 4 images
Three Songs from Mass Effect Soundtrack
Four Historical Mass Effect Trailers from X05-E3 2007
Demos/Videos
Demo
Blue Dragon
Videos
Lost Odyssey
Halo 3
Halo Wars

marwan said:
i just got my new toy! :p

and yes it comes with Spiderman 3 the full length movie.

2.8 inch screen, Symbian OS, 8GB built in, 3.5 headphone port, 5 megapixel camera, VGA video recording at 30fps, 3G, HSDPA, WIFI, N-Gage games...

full specs here:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4494366

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n95_8gb-2088.php

If only that phone could make its way to the good ol usa on a plan of course for a reduced price. I doubt that phone will work on the at&t network. Will it?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Flock said:
I lol'd at no actual games.

I make it a habit to try and not pictures of new releases dozens of people will anyway. Besides, certain people think I should stop buying games period.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Dragoon_lantz said:
A short Documentary introducing Mass Effect
Two unique sets of 6 gamer pics
Two unique themes with 4 images
Three Songs from Mass Effect Soundtrack
Four Historical Mass Effect Trailers from X05-E3 2007
Demos/Videos
Demo
Blue Dragon
Videos
Lost Odyssey
Halo 3
Halo Wars

Do want. i'll get it tomorrow when i pick up my Castlevania Drac X and R & C Future.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
I make it a habit to try and not pictures of new releases dozens of people will anyway. Besides, certain people think I should stop buying games period.

NO WAY

Buy what cha like... (Which I know you do ! )

I get lazy to take pics of stuff that's plastered all over the thread already *feels guilty*

lolol...

Top Bottom