• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

hylian_pirate said:
317ZJ-BpbzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
You have to be really careful with goo gone on ink prints like this, though. You can easily bleed into that ink and get a runny mess if you're not careful. I really don't recommend it.

Sylver

Banned
96v8k.jpg

W40K CE
American History X BD
Arcana Hearts 3 CE
Dead Island LE
SF643D
Monkey Island
I've just recovered UT3
zKr5o.jpg

29€ for boxed Siren is a great deal
t8UTx.jpg

BloodRayne
This month is insane I hate when companies do that.

LiK

Phat Michael said:
thinkgeek.com are having a special now if you get the icade thing u get the portable arcade stick for your ipad. think geek are great to work with as well.
Sweet, didnt know this thing was sold everywhere. I've been living under a rock!

Zing said:

SNES game #23 in my collection, thanks to GAFfer keeblerdrow.

I've never played it, but I remember it being on the shelf at Funcoland and not having any idea what the hell it was about, or why it was in such a large box.

Now I just need to figure out how to safely get that Best Buy price tag ($29.99!) off without damage.

blow dryer to heat up the glue, then a slow peal, i'll then remove the residue by dabbing it with a paper towel that has some lighter fluid on it. Lighter fluid is a pretty good solvent for glue, but don't pour it on the box.

Buttons

blizzardjesus said:
blow dryer to heat up the glue, then a slow peal, i'll then remove the residue by dabbing it with a paper towel that has some lighter fluid on it. Lighter fluid is a pretty good solvent for glue, but don't pour it on the box.

What also works for getting glue residue off is to use a soft (and clean!) eraser and slowly rub over the area, usually gets off the residue after a while.

Sofo

Phat Michael said:
thinkgeek.com are having a special now if you get the icade thing u get the portable arcade stick for your ipad. think geek are great to work with as well.
Too bad they hate Spain. ): They send to everywhere but Spain, wth?

zychi

Banned
blizzardjesus said:

goo_gone.jpg

pour into rag, dab sticker residue. dab with water, dry with clean towel.

bam, no more sticker crap that was left behind.

Greyvvolf

VGChampion said:
Wasn't he going to make a thread that really showed off his room?
Someone did make a NSFW setup thread so Toy Soldier could post his pictures without being hassled. He didn't end up posting in that thread though.

I didn't even know that was a Fleshlight, thought it was a thermos. Haha.

Massa

Sofo said:
Too bad they hate Spain. ): They send to everywhere but Spain, wth?

They probably had a lot of problems selling to Spain, like customs holding stuff for too long and customers getting impatient or things simply getting lost in the mail.

Zing

Banned
hylian_pirate said:
I have that exact bottle of goo gone. I have used it many times on DVD and CD cases, but never on cardboard.

My current plan is to use a hair dryer to heat the glue, get as much off as I can with my finger, then a q-tip with just a drop of goo gone on any residue.

Owzers

i don't think people are bragging about buying random games and things, it's just somewhat fun to see what stuff people are buying.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
TheyTookOurJobs said:
I don't participate in these threads because I don't believe in bragging.
Same here. I don't want everyone else feeling all inadequate over all the awesome shit I have.

Eh fuck it here's my latest pickup:

i2Xa1.jpg

test_account

XP-39C²
Zing said:

SNES game #23 in my collection, thanks to GAFfer keeblerdrow.

I've never played it, but I remember it being on the shelf at Funcoland and not having any idea what the hell it was about, or why it was in such a large box.

Now I just need to figure out how to safely get that Best Buy price tag ($29.99!) off without damage.
Personally i would leave the sticker there. It is a small sticker and it is very nicely placed in the corner. I think that stickers like this adds more nostalgia to the game :)

Sylver

Banned
TheyTookOurJobs said:
I don't participate in these threads because I don't believe in bragging.
I think this thread helps to know when a product is released or the existence of some things, or to know some store sites.
I've known about Arkana Hearts euro release for this thread. :D

Sofo

Massa said:
They probably had a lot of problems selling to Spain, like customs holding stuff for too long and customers getting impatient or things simply getting lost in the mail.
I guess, it just feels weird they send to the rest (or most? Didn't really check with detail) of EU countries like France and Italy, to name a couple.

Bragging? I would understand saying that for the rare occasion someone posts their house/car
and even then I wouldn't consider that bragging, more like a personal achievement of the poster
. Bragging about buying games that most if not everyone in this game forum can buy? Really?

sersteven said:
I always thought these threads were more about sharing the excitement of new swag...

I guess I was wrong.

I though so too! and also the "ho! I didn't know that I wanted that too but now I do" effect and even first toughts about products etc

rukland

pickupsep.jpg

I had not picked up comics in awhile so I grabbed my hold pile last week. I know I am going to have more next week. And I figured out at last which of those two games to get.

sykoex said:
Same here. I don't want everyone else feeling all inadequate over all the awesome shit I have.

Eh fuck it here's my latest pickup:

I totally wish people would post more non-gaming stuff like this sometimes. I find it fun actually, but I do remember some people getting all salty about posts with food in them a while back

sillymonkey321 said:
i don't think people are bragging about buying random games and things, it's just somewhat fun to see what stuff people are buying.

I agree. I love seeing what games people get and whatnot.

Though it gets absurd when people literally post everything, like shoes, clothes, food, wallets cars, etc.

Sofo

SkyMasterson said:
I agree. I love seeing what games people get and whatnot.

Though it gets absurd when people literally post everything, like shoes, clothes, food, wallets cars, etc.
I personally don't care, and even enjoy it to an extent. I tend to think of this thread as "what did you pick up that actually mattered to you?".

I like everything that gets posted. Even the sex toys. Maybe especially the sex toys. If you don't like the thread, maybe you should just not read it or post in it. Of course Trolly Troll McTrollersons can't help themselves.

Desmond

I had heard murmurs of Gamestop.ie replicated their coolness with R3 like they did with Deus Ex.

Lo and behold this was awaiting me after school

sptyfl.jpg

Anyone who ordered regular got it apparently

A day early too!!

Sofo said:
I personally don't care, and even enjoy it to an extent. I tend to think of this thread as "what did you pick up that actually mattered to you?".

Yea, I mean I'm not butthurt about it or anything. I just personally find it a bit silly, especially considering this thread is in the video game forum.

Maybe have a separate thread in the Off- Topic forum?

SkyMasterson said:
Yea, I mean I'm not butthurt about it or anything. I just personally find it a bit silly, especially considering this thread is in the video game forum.

Maybe have a separate thread in the Off- Topic forum?

I know your new and may be unfamiliar with the etiquette for this thread, but you calling it "silly" and disparaging other peoples stuff that they post is not accepted in this thread. You should probably re-read the first post.

If you don't want to participate, don't post.

Personally I enjoy these threads (a lot) because I'm a sucker for slick packaging. Plus I like to see what everyone else is into at any given time. And I didn't even know Scarface was out on blu-ray until I read through this thread.

Zing

Banned
test_account said:
Personally i would leave the sticker there. It is a small sticker and it is very nicely placed in the corner. I think that stickers like this adds more nostalgia to the game :)

Maybe if I had personally bought it at that price instead of 10x that price, sure.

Zing

Banned
If we moved every thread that seemed "silly" to a few people, the gaming forum would be almost empty.

moop2000 said:
I know your new and may be unfamiliar with the etiquette for this thread, but you calling it "silly" and disparaging other peoples stuff that they post is not accepted in this thread. You should probably re-read the first post.

I didn't mean for it to be disparaging. Let me rephrase.

Posting a food product or a shoe in a thread thats located in a video game forum seems silly to me. It would be better suited for an Off-Topic thread.

With that said, it's not a big deal as I continue to browse this thread regardless and enjoy it. Just making observations and a possible suggestion.

Edit: Zing, you missed my point man. If a thread is video game related(whether it's silly or not) I wouldn't think it should be moved. Just non-video game discussions.

Anyway, this is getting out of hand now. Time for me to post a pic now :)

Top Bottom