• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

SkyMasterson said:
I didn't mean for it to be disparaging. Let me rephrase.

Posting a food product or a shoe in a thread thats located in a video game forum seems silly to me. It would be better suited for an Off-Topic thread.

With that said, it's not a big deal as I continue to browse this thread regardless and enjoy it. Just making observations and a possible suggestion.

Edit: Zing, you missed my point man. If a thread is video game related(whether it's silly or not) I wouldn't think it should be moved. Just non-video game discussions.

Anyway, this is getting out of hand now. Time for me to post a pic now :)

There was a non-video game pick up thread in the OT a couple years ago. It got merged into this one.

I want to see the food and everything. The thread has been working fine and will continue to work fine (even when fleshlights are part of the topic).

cozo

why is this thread so compulsive? even when I didn't have a GAF account I'd visit the site just to scope out people's pick-ups

it's somehow... addictive looking at ~stuff~ in its natural habitate

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Got a new alarm clock. Can't wait to wake up to the dubstep remix of Awesome God.

gp0n.jpg

Gvaz

Banned
I too want to see people post cool shit so shut up and post cool shit!

I didn't "buy" these so much as they were given to me:

0908144107wrmh.jpg

0908144233xrun.jpg

No cables though :(

edit: kindle was months ago, receiver and speakers are hand me downs.

My SNES stuff finally came, have most of the main building blocks for my collection rebuilding process:

100_0487.jpg

Brand new copy of NHL 94 direct from Amazon.com. Can't believe there are still sealed copies.
100_0489.jpg

100_0490.jpg

100_0491.jpg

Now to play some SNES....

Weenerz

Banned
p9uLLl.jpg

Cell phone picture, so its shit quality. The store was out of Batgirl #1 and Justice League International #1, but I put in an order for those.

warpaint

Weenerz said:
p9uLLl.jpg

Cell phone picture, so its shit quality. The store was out of Batgirl #1 and Justice League International #1, but I put in an order for those.
What there is a new batgirl comic ? Nice will go get it tomorrow

Big Papa Husker said:
No way! Amazon still has sealed SNES games? Damn!
It was listed as "Very Good" used from their warehouse marketplace. I ordered a few more games from there to see what else is.

edit: NHL 94 was $4.00

But some of their prices are just stupid. For example:

amwareprice.jpg

TheyTookOurJobs said:
I don't participate in these threads because I don't believe in bragging.

These threads would be better if people were like " I picked this up last night at the bar" and then there were photos of some half dressed skank.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
purg3 said:
how do you like it? amazon has it for $80 right now sold through woot.

Haven't opened it yet. I'm going to dick around with it tonight, so hopefully I'll report back with positive impressions.

I'm really working up a doozy of a post for the end of this month - you all are gonna be SO jealous at all the stuff I get!

/BRRAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

sikkinixx

6128929068_82dd061a59_b.jpg

100GB of Cloud Storage with SpiderOak. Hear about it on MacBreak and I figured for $8 I would give it a go. More than enough to backup my little 64GB Macbook Air drive.

2r7ycma.jpg

4kfclv.jpg

My first pick ups of the month. I went to the comic book shop to pick up Megaman and noticed that they had booster packs for some TCG with KoF and SamSho characters. Being the fanboy I am, I had to at least get one :D Luckily I got some pretty nice cards, for example, that Haohmaru one at the top left corner looks quite awesome in person.

Ribbon

Found these at Kmart today. I think they were the pre-order bonuses, but oh well. Also picked up a few posters for the dorm wall.

JuWoL.jpg

Jw78p.jpg

WuGKf.jpg

KHskg.jpg

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Resistance 3 came in a few minutes ago. Love the Sackboy Chimera preorder bonus too!

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz347/justanotherotaku/DSC00328.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Was that EU only?!..God damn I want one!!

dubc35

8BitsAtATime said:
Fuck Yes!!! I love NHL 94.
This. Such a good game. I haven't played it in years, probably 6 or so but still a great game. I wish EA Sports games were as cool now as they were then. NBA Live '95 anyone? Random tangent: my friend and I played a ton of NBA Showdown back in the day. In one game we played Drazen Petrovic (RIP) was white in the 1st quarter, black in the 2nd and had a black head and white body in the 2nd half, wtf lol.

Horrible picture but got a great deal on a set of Brembos for my Subaru RSTi today. They're a little rough but I can't wait to install them!

Brembo.jpg

ramyeon

Went to see Shugo Tokumaru live last night - it was a great show. So I picked up their tote bag and a CD. Also bought a new magazine that started here in Australia.

je8HYppIqPtWw.jpg

Also picked up digital versions of another of his albums and the opening act's debut mini. They're a local indie pop band that I can recommend to fans of folk/indie pop.

j8fE76LtxmRGr.jpg

guest1321

dubc35 said:
This. Such a good game. I haven't played it in years, probably 6 or so but still a great game. I wish EA Sports games were as cool now as they were then. NBA Live '95 anyone? Random tangent: my friend and I played a ton of NBA Showdown back in the day. In one game we played Drazen Petrovic (RIP) was white in the 1st quarter, black in the 2nd and had a black head and white body in the 2nd half, wtf lol.

Horrible picture but got a great deal on a set of Brembos for my Subaru RSTi today. They're a little rough but I can't wait to install them!

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h294/t3355/Brembo.jpg
Nice pick up man! Post picks when you've put em on!

dubc35

guest1321 said:
Nice pick up man! Post picks when you've put em on!
Thanks, I will. Fronts are bolt on. The rears not so much. There's a UK company that is much, much cheaper for the rear adapters. I emailed them today so I hope to hear back soon and get them on. I'm still running the R160 diff. The guy I bought them from has a 6MT and R180 setup for cheap, considering what they go for, but still expensive in $ terms. Hopefully in the next year or so I can pick one up.

Marcellus Wallace said:
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/157/gpsy.jpg

So addicting.
I've heard great things about this, I'm running WinMo 6.1 Fail though. :(

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Man, it has been a MUCH busier month already than I was expecting. On top of the games/stuff I posted a couple pages back...

Snagged a Batman Arkham City preorder for a whopping ZERO dollars. :) 15% discount, +20% coupon code, + referral money = freebie game. Thanks, Green Man Gaming ;p

6127915163_acca8f3333_z.jpg

Which, makes this update to my last post seem like quite the splurge... Homefront for ONE PENNY shipped to my door.

6129309816_0116fb2a7c_z.jpg

Pokemon B/W guide was $4.xx, and the game was a gift from a friend.

6121327655_bf717a4028_z.jpg

I rented this for $1.99... and I feel ripped off. Glad I just rented!

6128755389_008ec49ca5_z.jpg

And finally, I bought these 27 PSP games from a forum user for $65/shipped. Not too bad at all. Games on the left are titles I plan on trading/selling, games in the middle are ones I already own and I'm selling, and the games on the right are the ones I plan to keep. ... Unless, of course, anybody has suggestions on changes I should make to that plan.

6128757409_69721cf2dd_z.jpg

Mature

Auron_Kale said:
New screener copies. Two-Disc DVD set & 1 BD.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x129/jmalcala/eaa6a3c5.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Have you posted here before with screener copies of stuff? I'm jealous

Mature said:
Have you posted here before with screener copies of stuff? I'm jealous
Yep. Posted FMA Brotherhood Vol. 5's DVD & BD sets in July.

Free copies of series that I've gotten are Eyeshield 21 vols. 1-4 (DVD) and Night Raid 1931 Complete set (DVD) from Sentai Filmworks.

Like the screeners, they're for review.

Emily Chu

Banned
Kudos to everyone posting pictures,
but anyone noticed that their pickups are less and less thanks to the digital era?
I used to buy alot of stuff but now a whole lot of things are being replaced with just having a single traditional laptop.

still enjoy stuff like fleshlights obviously, my laptop can't replicate that... yet

Top Bottom