• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

Yes Boss!

Seriously man? Better than Fatal Fury Special? Good pick nonetheless.

You have no idea. This, Fatal Fury 2, was my favorite game in the early nineties. This was in the SF II days and nobody took any of these games seriously. Hard for a modern, post SNK v Capcom audience to comprehend. Owned the AES version and still played it in the arcade. I was in a world of my own. I lost track of FF/KoF after 1994 so I'm sure other titles are preferred. I would not know, I was in my pre-college poor phase by then, and living in Berkeley. Games were the least of my worries.

To this day FF2 is unmatched. SFIV maybe coming close.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
A Gordy strap and an extra battery for my X10:

7909597992_c63cef18dd_c.jpg

7878066062_5d7c64e74d_c.jpg

Saw a good deal on a 50mm 1.8 E-mount, and picked it up in the case that Sony's upcoming NEX-6 woos me:

7878076742_cbfb9f68f6_c.jpg

And some games:

7878071300_41557bd8ac_c.jpg

7878059664_297629343f_c.jpg

7909586186_01dec4b7bb_c.jpg

7909581272_30ea214e1c_c.jpg

7909617594_13ffc49549_z.jpg

7909617260_f1a7c938b2_z.jpg

jbueno

You have no idea. This, Fatal Fury 2, was my favorite game in the early nineties. This was in the SF II days and nobody took any of these games seriously. Hard for a modern, post SNK v Capcom audience to comprehend. Owned the AES version and still played it in the arcade. I was in a world of my own. I lost track of FF/KoF after 1994 so I'm sure other titles are preferred. I would not know, I was in my pre-college poor phase by then, and living in Berkeley. Games were the least of my worries.

I totally get your point. Samurai Shodown I & II were those games for me, the ones that clearly defined SNK´s superiority over Capcom, at least for me. Had to make do with the crappy Snes port of 1 and playing both at the arcades though.

You should totally give the Real Bout series a try, Special is the best IMO.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I know I've said this before, but I love your pictures.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. :)

It may be silly; but when I was younger and could only afford one neat thing or one game every great once in a while, I would scour the internet for good pictures in "real life" settings. It was a cheap way for me to imitate the feel of owning some gadget or game I was really wanting. And since I always appreciated those who took the time to do it, I try to offer the same effort in my shots when I can.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Thanks man, I appreciate it. :)

It may be silly; but when I was younger and could only afford one neat thing or one game every great once in a while, I would scour the internet for good pictures in "real life" settings. It was a cheap way for me to imitate the feel of owning some gadget or game I was really wanting. And since I always appreciated those who took the time to do it, I try to offer the same effort in my shots when I can.
I use this thread for largely the same purpose. Every now and then I'll come across something that looks interesting that I've never heard of, but more often than not, I just enjoy looking at the amazing photos and collections people have. I've been wanting a camera recently for instance, and the shot of your camera with its new strap made me insanely jealous. I've been living vicariously through this thread for a while now.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
they still havent sent rock n roll racing gotta call em tomorrow but these showed up all genesis games

Techno Clash, Demolition Man
technoman.jpg

Sub Terrania
subterrania.jpg

ChryZ

Hendrick's Gin, super delicious, my new go-to gin

Radiata Stories and Nightshade, PS2 goodness for my PCSX2 backlog

13 Assassins and True Grit on Bluray, can't wait to watch them again

Nice haul from yesterday's shopping romp: New Kids Turbo was 6eur, both games were 50% off :3

Rich!

They have finally arrived!

Super Castlevania is really really good. Love the music, the variation in level variety and above all, the whip mechanic in this game is fantastic! Getting it for little over €20 was icing on the cake considering it tends to go for double.
I've only fired up Terranigma to see that if was in working condition. The board in the cartridge is a bit loose due to the fact that the cartridge screws haven't been tightened enough. This leads me to believe that someone has either changed the battery, or it's a reproduction. Hopefully it's the first and not the second considering it's the most expensive SNES cartridge I own right now (€45 shipping included). I'll probably end up buying a gamebit screwdriver to tighten the screws a bit. The game works great though and it had an old save on it so the battery is fine. The open cinematic and music completely set the tone. Really looking forward to playing this one!

NQ4J5.jpg

I have three more SNES games on the way and than I'll probably be taking a break from adding to my collection for a month or two. I've spend over €250 on SNES goodness this month and I really didn't mean to.

Going by the label, that Terranigma is a repro. You should open it to confirm, but im 99% sure. Used to own it.

Its a brilliant game anyhow, legit cart or not.

Where are those cases from?
Universal game cases + thecoverproject.net
You buy the cases in bulk and print the covers out yourself. Those cases came with the purchase I made. You can also go to retrogamecases.com but its a bit more in price although the paper quality and printing is amazing. The cases also need to be modified for NES games which is a bitch to do but rgc.com should have them modified already. Ill find out when I get my Journey to Silius case.

Chaotox

Neo Member
Just looks like one of the repros d4s had on his site a while ago.

Might not be, I had my original cart years ago.

I checked my German version and this is how it looks like:
NtF3f.jpg

It is hard to finde a picture of a genuine UK copy, but the one I found looks exactly like the one on Danielsan's picture.

EDIT:
I looked around a bit more and Danielsan's copy is no repro. It looks exactly like a normal UK copy of the game.

Accoun

0mBzY.jpg

A headphone stand and Teeny Shiny by Melt-Banana.
Also DJmax Portable Black Square, but it hasn't arrived yet...

Danielsan

Going by the label, that Terranigma is a repro. You should open it to confirm, but im 99% sure. Used to own it.

Its a brilliant game anyhow, legit cart or not.

How can you tell?

Just looks like one of the repros d4s had on his site a while ago.

Might not be, I had my original cart years ago.

I checked my German version and this is how it looks like:
NtF3f.jpg

It is hard to finde a picture of a genuine UK copy, but the one I found looks exactly like the one on Danielsan's picture.

EDIT:
I looked around a bit more and Danielsan's copy is no repro. It looks exactly like a normal UK copy of the game.
The label is definitely exactly like the official version of the game. I honestly don't care that much as long as the game works and saves, which it does. However, I'll probably open it up at some point just to make sure.

Some Books and Stuff

Howl's Moving Castle, Castle In The Air, House of Many Ways and Lost Tribe of The Sith
EmIMf.jpg

Isnt It Pretty To Think So and Simplicity of Night (great Literary Zine by Travis D. Roberson)
vRXBn.jpg

Orbital Resonance and Left Hand Of Darknes
msVyh.jpg

New 3ds and KH
HM8Ha.jpg

nny

Awesome, not played it for years. Hope it didn't cost you too much. I'd like to find a copy myself, was it eBay?

Yes, eBay; with shipping from Japan included it cost me 37€ ($44). This auction aside, the asking price is usually around $75 (+ shipping).

Cypher

Nintendo love up the wazoo!

The Last Story (w/premium soundtrack CD) (Wii)

DSC05771.jpg

Midnight Purple 3DS
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - Mark of Mastery Edtion

DSC05995.jpg

Blue 3DS XL
New Super Mario Bros. 2

DSC05998.jpg

Darkkn

A pair of these:

Really happy with these. Did not even know about active speakers a while ago and suffered with built-in tv speakers. Really neat way of getting decent audio from tv easily and pretty cheaply.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Why miss those days? Either more recent or older, there seems to always be weird Japanese games left to discover and import.

Well... as far as more recent games go, there's not a whole lot of good stuff, aside from shmups. Certainly nothing like the PS2 or PS1 era.

Ban Puncher

Why miss those days? Either more recent or older, there seems to always be weird Japanese games left to discover and import.

Well... as far as more recent games go, there's not a whole lot of good stuff, aside from shmups. Certainly nothing like the PS2 or PS1 era.

Chacranajxy summed it up perfectly. Whilst there is an abundance of retro titles to seek out, this generation has been sorely lacking in the weird and wonderful niche import only games.

d0c_zaius

FF2 was the first fighter to rival SF2 in quality (for me)

GoshaDole

Artbook pickups during my Pax trip. Persona 3 Design Works, SFXTekken, and DisgaeaART from Udon. Dark Souls Design Works book. Also a Yoji Shinkawa Sketchbook from the Konami booth at the show.

378304_587082281064_1035255790_n.jpg

nny

Chacranajxy summed it up perfectly. Whilst there is an abundance of retro titles to seek out, this generation has been sorely lacking in the weird and wonderful niche import only games.

Well, if you're focusing on more recent games, definitely (maybe not so much for portable games). And I was so happy for this gen when they announced that the PS3 would be region free...:/ On the other hand, I guess that this kind of games is now more easily accessible (as digital downloads released worldwide), and no importing is needed.

Top Bottom