• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

.hacked

0usxM.jpg

What was the price? I was so close to winning that at E3 1997....

So this just came in today and I forgot I ordered it a while back

N9fwxl.jpg

1fQB1l.jpg

Truth to be told, I'm not a fan of this movie's ost compare to the second movie, The Dark Knight. I would of cancel this order before it shipped out but forgot about it and now it's here. I'll keep it in my collection and listen to it again probably at the end of the year. I would of love to own TDK vinyl if there was one out available.

There is, but be prepared to pay out of the butt for it.

Sigma722

So this just came in today and I forgot I ordered it a while back

N9fwxl.jpg

1fQB1l.jpg

Truth to be told, I'm not a fan of this movie's ost compare to the second movie, The Dark Knight. I would of cancel this order before it shipped out but forgot about it and now it's here. I'll keep it in my collection and listen to it again probably at the end of the year. I would of love to own TDK vinyl if there was one out available.

So crazy, I was in the same boat as you except that I did remember to cancel at the last minute last week. Overall glad with my budget :)

To accompany the red one purchased earlier in the thread. I think I like the blue more but only under a strong light when it appears to be a lighter shade of blue.

DSC00432.jpg

do they absorb an incredible amount of finger prints? I'd like a red one but I'm worried it'll look like a finger printed mirror after playing.

Expensive last month or so...

ykw3G.jpg

13" Macbook Air. 8gb ram, 256gb ssd. Plus textbooks for this semester..

X3r4d.jpg

The Marx book is for a Philosophy Class on Social Criticism. Also included and not pictured are books from Freud, Foucault, and Nietzsche

Linear Algebra, Intro to Computational Mathematics, Computer Organisation, and C & Unix Programming.

Lucent

The Marx book is for a Philosophy Class on Social Criticism. Also included and not pictured are books from Freud, Foucault, and Nietzsche

Linear Algebra, Intro to Computational Mathematics, Computer Organisation, and C & Unix Programming.

I'm so glad I'm taking my final math class now. I can't wait to be done with it. Even if I manage to understand the subject, I still don't enjoy it. I've found that pretty much anything unrelated to my interests my mind starts to shut off. Biology has been doing that to me. Economics kind of has, too. But those and math are the end of my "filler" classes. Then all I have to focus on is computer-related classes.

Anyway, ummm, I should have some pick-ups later. I picked up the RE6 demo yesterday. lol

Interesting month for me so far. The good news is that I'm buying a lot of new hardware, the bad news is that stuff keeps breaking. This year in particular...had to get my 3rd 360 back in April...

First thing's first.

New Laptop: HP Pavilion dv7

20120905202045489.jpg

Nothing gaming-related here except for the desktop wallpaper...oh, and that I'm using that right now to post on NeoGAF! Went with an HP this time...my Dell XPS kicked the bucket a few weeks ago. I had been having all sorts of problems with it for a while, and it was overheating lately, and finally died on me. I was hoping to put off getting a new laptop until the spring, but this expedited things. I'm liking it so far.

I needed an external drive to get all of my stuff moved over to the new PC from my old one and from my office, and I remembered this:

20120905202130939.jpg

I remember reading an article on Kotaku I think, about the site that makes these hard drives...I couldn't resist getting one. Completely nerdy impulse purchase here.

New A/V Receiver for the living room:

2012090520220769.jpg

2012090520223764.jpg

This was something else that was inevitable, but fate sped things up a bit. My previous Sony receiver had only 2 HDMI inputs, and was video-only (audio had to be digital). The whole thing was really squirrelly from the beginning. One HDMI was paired with an optical input, the other was paired with coax, and the third optical input was paired with component video.

So I had made things work for a long time with cable on one HDMI, the PS3 on the other (with a coax-optical converter in the middle) and the 360 was component. Once I get a Wii U, this set-up wasn't going to work anymore, so I figured I'd get a new receiver by then. The problem was that the HDMI port input from the cable box got fried (my guess is a power surge caused by lightning came in through the wall; this happened after a storm and everything else in the living room was fine).

So I spent Labor Day getting the living room re-cabled with the new receiver, which has 6 HDMI a/v jacks. This ended up being a good thing, because I ended up freeing about 5 or 6 cables from behind the TV. Things are a lot cleaner now.

After all of that, some games too.

Another series I missed out on last-generation to play through now, in HD:

20120905202333884.jpg

Got these for $25 from Amazon using a gift card I got over the summer. Price was finally right...

That power supply is waaay too much.

....as in price or wattage or...?

That's a nice build.

I'm currently in the process of building up a new PC. I got the same RAM sticks as you, and let me tell ya - they're awesome. I also have the same WD 1TB HDD, but haven't installed it yet.

And wow, a 3GB 660 ti? Crazy, lol. I just settled for the 2GB version.

Yea I am going a little crazy. I did some research and I think I only saw 1 game (Crysis 2?) that used just a little more than 2GB so I figure as we head into the future it may be that games will want to use more? Probably not but if I am right I would hate myself for not spending an extra $30 ;P

xJavonta

Banned
....as in price or wattage or...?

Yea I am going a little crazy. I did some research and I think I only saw 1 game (Crysis 2?) that used just a little more than 2GB so I figure as we head into the future it may be that games will want to use more? Probably not but if I am right I would hate myself for not spending an extra $30 ;P

I'm pretty sure the card will reach it's limit (be the bottleneck) before that extra GB becomes useful, still great build!

Sega Blast city shipped on Thursday! Should be here tomorrow or the day after! Then my home game center will be complete.

I need this in my life sometime soon. I'll mill it over once my basement is finished.

Candy cabs are where it is at. I used to have a bunch of dedicated cabs, but I can play literally anything in these. From Vs Super Mario Brothers (with a Jamma adapter) to NBA JAM (straight jamma for 2-player), to Neo Geo games, all the way up to SF IV.

Izick

ykw3G.jpg

X3r4d.jpg

Just got a Macbook Air too this month. It's awesome but I have to take it back to BB because it creaks when you move it in certain ways. Absolutely amazing machine though. Hopefully I get one without any defects this time! Wish me luck!

(Also, just out of curiosity, what do you do for a living? Are you a full time student?)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
vce8H.jpg

Thought about buying the JP trilogy, but I don't want to pay 40+ dollars for two movies that I don't want. Never seen Back To The Future before, and this was cheaper than buying it Instant on Amazon. Can't beat 7 dollar DVDs with awesome packaging.

LadyRiven

vce8H.jpg

Thought about buying the JP trilogy, but I don't want to pay 40+ dollars for two movies that I don't want. Never seen Back To The Future before, and this was cheaper than buying it Instant on Amazon. Can't beat 7 dollar DVDs with awesome packaging.

Woo yeah, Back to the Future. It's one of the best! And I don't blame you for only buying the first Jurassic Park film. :)

LadyRiven

Bunch of stuff over the past few weeks.

Photo signed by Christopher Lloyd at Fan Expo Toronto last weekend
P2CfAl.jpg

Poster Art of the Disney Parks (Came over a week early!) and the new Christie Golden WoW book!
8oxHOl.jpg

Nice autograph!

How do you like Poster Art of the Disney Parks? I always liked their attraction posters. I'm going to Disney World next week so I'll have to look through the book there (and of course come home and buy it for half the price on Amazon!)

FINALLY !!!!!

ibc56qHN4v78Af.jpg

PAL Suikoden 2 ! Near mint, was sitting on a shelve for years, almost no scratch.

SUIKODEN FANS, ASSEMBLE AND HIGH FIVE

Just got a Macbook Air too this month. It's awesome but I have to take it back to BB because it creaks when you move it in certain ways. Absolutely amazing machine though. Hopefully I get one without any defects this time! Wish me luck!

(Also, just out of curiosity, what do you do for a living? Are you a full time student?)

I am a full time student. Luckily I had a summer job. 16 weeks of full time allowed a decent amount of cash to spend $1600 on a computer. Ha.

Sunset Riders:

HVJ1D.jpg

I played the hell out of the SNES and Genesis versions of Sunset Riders. Both versions are really good. Obviously the SNES one is more faithful to the arcade version and had better music/sound effects.

The Genesis version is almost a completely different game, which in itself is pretty cool.

Borman

P9060801.jpg

A few more titles to round out the collection a bit. Harder than you would think to find a proper, complete copy of the non-GotY Morrowind (Lots of disk only, and lots with a disk of the GotY)

Top Bottom