• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEPTEMBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

clear31

yay it came finally

SNES:Rock N' Roll Racing (had to settle for loose cart :( )
rocknrollracing.jpg

jealous

i loved that game as a kid, played it all the time with my friends

Izick

I am a full time student. Luckily I had a summer job. 16 weeks of full time allowed a decent amount of cash to spend $1600 on a computer. Ha.

Cool! That's actually my exact same situation as well. Got a full time job this Summer for an Air and gas money for a while. Sadly I'm going to have to return my Air for another because it has a creaking problem.

isny

napkin dispenser
Nice autograph!

How do you like Poster Art of the Disney Parks? I always liked their attraction posters. I'm going to Disney World next week so I'll have to look through the book there (and of course come home and buy it for half the price on Amazon!)

From what I've had time to go through so far it's amazing. Well worth the $30 or so paid for it. I'd probably have paid up for $40 for it. The only content it doesn't have is Shanghai Disneyland.

The Sega Blast City is in the house. Now that I confirmed it works I have to clean it up

A Winner is you! I hope you have MSHVSF too, its such an orgasmic game!

The Sega Blast City is in the house. Now that I confirmed it works I have to clean it up

I've spent a few months searching craigslist within ~200 miles of me, in addition to calling every vending company I can find in my radius as well.

So I must ask, where did you get this, and what did you end up paying?

I've seen a company out of Utah that seems to consistently have them on eBay but they're trying to get $1000 a cabinet and putting me in charge of shipping ontop of it.

I want a candy cabinet but I don't want to drop a g bar. Share your guidance and wisdom!

Nice cabinet by the way. /jelly

sikkinixx

I'm so jealous. One day I'll have a house and I can pick up one. :(

On my front, some more older stuff.

7947366944_dc49c94ffc.jpg

Looks a lot more yellow in the picture but it's in decent shape. The flash even fires. Now to maybe order some Impossible film from eBay and see if it actually works... I wanna get the OG flash instead of this 3rd Party one but it was only $6.

7947382386_2e89e5f7c9_c.jpg

A rather old and cool looking fan. Matches the style of my old-ass Swingline stapler. Took it all apart, cleaned it, rebent all the blades so it actually pushes air now. Kinda loud but it's old so can't get pissy. So fucking choked I messed up the badge on it. Was letting it soak in some warm water and soap to get how-many-years worth of dirt off and the label just flaked off with one touch. So so so annoyed.

Katsuragi

I forgot to post a pick-up I did at the end of August.

Drm8i.jpg

The 3DS XL is great! In all honesty, I can't see myself going back to the standard 3DS ever again, which I still have.

I've spent a few months searching craigslist within ~200 miles of me, in addition to calling every vending company I can find in my radius as well.

I've seen a company out of Utah that seems to consistently have them on eBay but they're trying to get $1000 a cabinet and putting me in charge of shipping ontop of it.

I want a candy cabinet but I don't want to drop a g bar. Share your guidance and wisdom!

I found the seller from Neo-Geo forums. A lot of guys buy containers of cabs from China and sell them on the west coast. Just a warning, I have heard no so good things about the guy selling the $1000+ cabs on ebay... Really dirty cabs.

I was in for $1200 after shipping. You get what you pay for. I have three candy cabs now and would rather have those then 9 different machines like I use to.

SLV

September pick ups !

DePEl.jpg

Finally my PC is complete !

g7zKH.jpg

Got this today, arrived in blazingly fast 3 days from shopto :O (UK-Latvia), fastest ever was like 4-5 days minimum.

Which brings to the total Retail vita titles i got atm <3

zrPuU.jpg

robot

I found the seller from Neo-Geo forums. A lot of guys buy containers of cabs from China and sell them on the west coast. Just a warning, I have heard no so good things about the guy selling the $1000+ cabs on ebay... Really dirty cabs.

I was in for $1200 after shipping. You get what you pay for. I have three candy cabs now and would rather have those then 9 different machines like I use to.

You wound up selling all of your dedicated cabs? Those were real nice. Make sure you get some hi-res games (31 khz) for the blast, I hear that's where it really shines. Atomiswave and all that.

---

On to another pickup, I found some badass Captain Commando manga at the comic shop yesterday. Udon just released the 1994 Japan mini-series, all translated. It's pretty awesome, 90's japan art style is so freakin cool. Dat blown out hair.

b1baab7cf88011e1b1c522000a1de671_7.jpg

Thanks for the honest reply, and the tip about the ebay/Utah company. I dug a little more and it seems to be a pretty universal opinion on this guy. Yuck.

Well, $1200 isn't even that outrageous when you really think about it. I'm just envisioning what yours would look like in my game room. So sexy!! I'll have to lurk the NG forums for awhile and see if I can find something clean.

My real dream cabinet is a Capcom Cute. They seem to be pretty rare compared to the Sega units tho.

Grats again on the sweet pickup!

zmet

Yu Yu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen and Re-Animator
jp37.jpg

Cinematic Titanic Presents: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and Rattlers
jp38.jpg

Road Rash and PC Genjin 3
jp39.jpg

Yeah, Ken in Utah. I got my Net City from him. He accepts payments, at least he did with me. Try calling him up.

For those looking at Cady cabs. Look for Astro City, Net Astro City, and Egrets. My blast city, like many others have convergence issues. Pretty pissed at the seller for not mentioning this before taking my money.

SUPARSTARX

The weaboo life

A2N--Y6CIAAY4wi.jpg

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Chibiarts Shirahoshi
Kotobukiya Kurama (collecting entire Yu Yu Hakusho series)

Yes Boss!

Last two posts,yeah!

Nice you got the version with DLC. This game is BETTER than Futari, btw.

Coach Kevin,

Push those candies together. No need for space!

Need a New Astro now. Just sayin'.

Also, convergence is a big issue with tri-sync. Don't go by the grid, go by the game image.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Last two posts,yeah!

Coach Kevin,

Also, convergence is a big issue with tri-sync. Don't go by the grid, go by the game image.

Both of you guys need to spot me an Astro. I don't even have one.

Anyway, yeah, I'm excited to check out Mushi. 1CCed Futari and loved the thing, and while I had the shitty PS2 port of Mushi, I only played it like once or twice, so this is pretty much a totally new experience for me.

Yes Boss!

Both of you guys need to spot me an Astro. I don't even have one.

Anyway, yeah, I'm excited to check out Mushi. 1CCed Futari and loved the thing, and while I had the shitty PS2 port of Mushi, I only played it like once or twice, so this is pretty much a totally new experience for me.

Totally new. Don't even consider the old PS2 port. Played it three times only myslelf. New 360 gets played four times a week.

I've not recently ranked the Cave 360 ports but I'm sure Mushimesama HD is in the top three. Will list my 2012 top 5 in the Cave thead shortlty. iOS is in there. Ha!

Last two posts,yeah!

Coach Kevin,

I will make them a little closer, but last weekend when we had 4 people on two of the machines we had to separate them a little.

And yeah, the convergence thing is kind of a pain, hopefully I can fix it down the road. I can live with it for now.

Do you have a picture of your lineup? What are you playing?

Cypher

PS3 collections galore, Mario goes monopoly, and the saga of dragons continue....

God of War Saga (PS3)
Infamous Collection (PS3)

DSC06094.jpg

Ratchet & Clank Collection (PS3)
Journey: Collector's Edition (PS3)

DSC06095.jpg

Fortune Street (Wii)
Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow (DS)

DSC06096.jpg

Yes Boss!

I will make them a little closer, but last weekend when we had 4 people on two of the machines we had to separate them a little.

And yeah, the convergence thing is kind of a pain, hopefully I can fix it down the road. I can live with it for now.

Do you have a picture of your lineup? What are you playing?

Sadly,

Candies are in storage in San Diego. I've got a New Astro, Egret 3 (bah, sexy cab like a Blast, but certainly no Egret 2), and an old beater SNK cab that is trashed but has a nice rotatable Nanao monitor like an Egret 2...fixer-upper which I wanna make a Saturn cab. Also a stand alone Neiman minitor, a couple of broadcast monitors for Tate play...one from europe, the other from california (Sony). Altogether a nice gameroom setup but I'm still looking for a japanese metal Neo Geo four-slot and an Egret 2 for completion. Slumming it with a Supergun for now (in bavaria) since I'm in europe. Moving to Washinghton DC in fall and gonna work hard to complete my cab collection. Also want a clean MVS US wooden cab with four slots and the OG games (Magician, Nam, etc). I'll try on the East but I'll just likely pick up in the West, since the parents live there, and it is fairly easy to get...simply drive with a truck.

My stick collection is held hostsge in a few locations...should have all of those by next year. Love cabs but sticks are my favorites.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Sadly,

Candies are in storage in San Diego. I've got a New Astro, Egret 3 (bah, sexy cab like a Blast, but certainly no Egret 2), and an old beater SNK cab that is trashed but has a nice rotatable Nanao monitor like an Egret 2...fixer-upper which I wanna make a Saturn cab. Also a stand alone Neiman minitor, a couple of broadcast monitors for Tate play...one from europe, the other from california (Sony). Altogether a nice gameroom setup but I'm still looking for a japanese metal Neo Geo four-slot and an Egret 2 for completion. Slumming it with a Supergun for now (in bavaria) since I'm in europe. Moving to Washinghton DC in fall and gonna work hard to complete my cab collection. Also want a clean MVS US wooden cab with four slots and the OG games (Magician, Nam, etc). I'll try on the East but I'll just likely pick up in the West, since the parents live there, and it is fairly easy to get...simply drive with a truck.

My stick collection is held hostsge in a few locations...should have all of those by next year. Love cabs but sticks are my favorites.

Outta curiosity, Yes Broski, when are you finally going to get to put your entire collection in one amazing place?

Yes Boss!

Outta curiosity, Yes Broski, when are you finally going to get to put your entire collection in one amazing place?

I'm thinking mid-2013.

It is complicated but the bulk is in San Diego government storage (military, and all that) and will get to me in DC in January. All my stuff in europe goes to DC in November. And, I've got a ton of stuff sitting at the parent's place in Laguna Niguel CA (ritzy yuppie community). I'm planning on taking a long road trip from cali to MD and bringing everything eastward next month. Round trip flight from John Wayne to Maryland is $350....car rental with gas is $500...easy decision. I'm poor and make little so I've to weigh the costs.

BTW, i want to organize a big Shmup/Shooter meett in the middle of 2013, in Maryland/DC. I'll post details early next year.

HardRojo

PS3 collections galore, Mario goes monopoly, and the saga of dragons continue....

Ratchet & Clank Collection (PS3)
Journey: Collector's Edition (PS3)

DSC06095.jpg

I need these two so badly but I already spent quite a sum last month and this week alone.

Top Bottom