• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #1

Firestorm

Jiggy37 said:
Hey, Firestorm, if you're keeping track of whoever ends up losing due to an opponent forfeit, can you send that information my way in the future? >_> I want to track this stuff in my own document where I make predictions based on nothing more than such obscure criteria as username, post count on GAF, and history to date in the SSBB tournament, but I need fuller information, like if a person only won their last three matches due to the other person not showing up.

Ok Jiggysoft Excel.

Damn, too late to enter. I knew I shouldn't have put it off...but for some reason the rules confused me D: Streamlined confusion :(

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am willing to be part of a donations fund drive for prizes =O. What you guys think? WE only need what... 50 bucks to get decent prizes to everyone?

I went 0-2 to Teasel. The man has a great Olimar. The lag was a bit rough, but that doesn't take away from his skill in the slightest.

Great games man. I did better with Ike against you than Toon Link, which is surprising.

Firestorm

dragonlife29 said:
Damn, too late to enter. I knew I shouldn't have put it off...but for some reason the rules confused me D: Streamlined confusion :(

Just sign up in the sign up topic (or hell here, it doesn't matter at this point) and I'll put you in as a sub.

Teasel

crowphoenix said:
I went 0-2 to Teasel. The man has a great Olimar. The lag was a bit rough, but that doesn't take away from his skill in the slightest.

Great games man. I did better with Ike against you than Toon Link, which is surprising.
i'm still trying to understand how did you fall below the boat... i didn't even think that was possible
anyway... i haven't followed this thread... so now i have to play either superangelo64 or vanish? if yes when do i have to do it?

Jiggy

Let's see, results so far:
Arol over NeoForte 2-1
ICallItFutile over Muttyeah416 2-1
Aladuf23 over Kirk 2-1
Teasel over crowphoenix 2-0
Relix over Firestorm 2-0
Killa Sasa over scottnak 2-1

Very few shutouts. I'll make a note to run best 3 of 5 if I ever make an SSBB GAF tournament. :D

Spruchy said:
My opponent still has not PM'd back.
Likewise. Set to win by default? :O

Firestorm

I lost 2-0

Teasel said:
i'm still trying to understand how did you fall below the boat... i didn't even think that was possible
anyway... i haven't followed this thread... so now i have to play either superangelo64 or vanish? if yes when do i have to do it?

If you hit the front of the boat it spikes you down.

OliveJuice said:
So we can make our own tiers? :O
Haha, you saw straight thru it, didn't you.

I'm pretty interested in it. I'm not trying to make a list for any worldwide tournament usage, but I'd like to confirm my assumptions as to which characters have the best matchups.

viewtiful_dru said:
Haha, you saw straight thru it, didn't you.

I'm pretty interested in it. I'm not trying to make a list for any worldwide tournament usage, but I'd like to confirm my assumptions as to which characters have the best matchups.
Wolf, and Lucas will be at the top...is my guess.

truendo

well viewtiful dru.. I'm adding you now and whenever your ready we shall begin. I replied to your PM and I need you to set a time...

EDIT:

Jiggy37 said:
Edit: Looking over the list of people, I predict these things:

Killa Sasa and truendo will fall quickly, because with in-game names like "BADD" and "PWNER" you've gotta either be really excellent or trying to compensate.

This is mostly a joke post.

Thanks, that was the confidence-booster I needed. I hope you meant it really was a joke post. (I honestly know I won't really get past the first few rounds but I felt the need to comment at your remark.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
OliveJuice said:
Wolf, and Lucas will be at the top...is my guess.

I'll make sure Luigi is in it. The man in green doesn't get too much respect, and for me at least there is not a single character that can top him

truendo

Because of Jiggy here I changed my online name. It is no longer PWNER. Now it's TRNDO.
So Firestorm you can edit the OP and change me.

(BTW Jiggy, I'm not mad at you, just playin around, although I really did change my name because of you)

Jiggy37 said:
Let's see, results so far:
Arol over NeoForte 2-1
ICallItFutile over Muttyeah416 2-1
Aladuf23 over Kirk 2-1
Teasel over crowphoenix 2-0
Relix over Firestorm 2 to I-don't-know
Killa Sasa over scottnak 2-1

Very few shutouts. I'll make a note to run best 3 of 5 if I ever make an SSBB GAF tournament. :D

Likewise. Set to win by default? :O

Woot! I'm the only shut out. -_-

Jiggy

When I say that mugwhump's going to lose because he'll be busy making food puns about Ninjabread Man, it's definitely a joke post. :D My next prediction is that the funkmastergeneral vs. Malfunky match will end in a no contest, as both pick Sonic and spam his taunts for a good seventeen minutes in order to figure out just who's got more funk between the two of them. funkmastergeneral will be normal blue Sonic and Malfunky will be the darker Sonic, because he's got the "Mal" prefix and that means he's got to display some anti-funk. Yes, yes.

crowphoenix said:
Woot! I'm the only shut out. -_-
Firestorm said he lost 2-0 also.

viewtiful_dru said:
I have a request for Jiggy:

Can you keep track of the frequency of use of characters and which characters have the most wins?
Only if people both remembered and provided that info. >_>

truendo

Well, Jiggy, thanks to your confidence-boost I lost. BOTH matches. Of course we played a few more and I won some of them... Well, Firestorm you can mark down that viewtiful dru won... Thanks to Jiggy.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Hmm to help keep stats:

Me vs. Firestorm in Yoshi Island:
Luigi vs. Metaknight = I win

Me vs Firestorm in Harverd:
Luigi vs. Toon Link = I win.

I think the stats would be a cool idea =). Looking forward for the next battle =O

Jiggy

If it makes you feel better, at the rate I'm going I might win during this round just because OgnodoD won't reply. >_> I'll be cheating my way to the top one step at a time, oh yeah! :D

Winner's Bracket Round 1 Results and Statistics

All matches begin on Yoshi's Island. Listed stages are for second matches, and third where applicable.

KevinCow (Olimar, Olimar) over yeb (Snake, Snake) 2-0; Skyworld
Arol (Meta Knight, Lucario, Lucario) over NeoForte (Lucas, Lucas, Lucas) 2-1; Final Destination, Halberd; specific order of victories unknown
Nabster92 (Ike, Marth) over Kinosen (Diddy, Diddy) 2-0; Battlefield
viewtiful_dru (Pikachu, Pikachu) over truendo (Samus, Samus) 2-0; second stage unknown
ICallItFutile (Marth, Marth, Marth) over Muttyeah416 (Diddy, Marth, Marth) 2-1; Final Destination, Final Destination
Aladuf23 over Kirk 2-1 (first win to Kirk, second/third to Aladuf); characters/stages unknown
Enk over zaxor0 2-0; Battlefield, characters unknown
Teasel (Olimar, Olimar) over crowphoenix (Toon Link, Ike) 2-0; Pirate Ship
BlueSummers over Hatchet Man; characters/stages/record unknown
XiaNaphyrz over Phaethon0017 2-1 (XN wins latter two matches); Battlefield, Final Destination, characters unknown
Relix (Luigi, Luigi) over Firestorm (Meta Knight, Toon Link) 2-0; Halberd
Killa Sasa (Link, Link, Link) over scottnak (Kirby, Kirby, Kirby) 2-1; Lylat Cruise, Halberd

I'm fascinated by the number of people who stick to one character.

Arol

I can give some stats from our match.

The stages were:
1. Yoshi's Island - NeoForte (Lucas) - Arol (Metaknight)
2. Final Destination - NeoForte (Lucas) - Arol (Lucario)
3. Halberd - NeoForte (Lucas) - Arol (Lucario)

Jiggy

Awesome. :D I'll probably just keep that previous post edited, and link back to it on occasion, instead of constantly reposting it.

Teasel

Jiggy37 said:
Awesome. :D I'll probably just keep that previous post edited, and link back to it on occasion, instead of constantly reposting it.
used olimar both time,first match was on yoshi island (the brawl one) and the second one was on the pirate ship

Crow vrs. Teasel

Youshi's Island: Crow- Toon Link; Teasel- Olimar
Pirate Ship: Crow- Ike; Teasel- Olimar

Surprisingly, I did better with Ike than Toon Link, but still lost both rounds.

usea

Still waiting on a reply, though if he gets back to me too late we might not be able to find a good time to play. I won't be available all weekend. :(

Jiggy

crowphoenix said:
Crow vrs. Teasel

Youshi's Island: Crow- Toon Link; Teasel- Olimar
Pirate Ship: Crow- Ike; Teasel- Olimar

Surprisingly, I did better with Ike than Toon Link, but still lost both rounds.
I don't know, that doesn't surprise me. As far as I can tell from the times I've fought him (Olimar), the range of most of Olimar's attacks is probably about the same as or more than Toon Link's melee attacks, but doesn't match to Ike's. Anyway, will record.

i can provide stats too

first round: FinalD: Muttyeah(diddy) vs. iamfutile(marth) - futile
second round: finalD: me (marth) vs. him (marth) - mutty
third: finald: me (marth) vs. him (marth) - futile

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
OMGZ I can't wait for my matches! :lol

I'm currently on mini-vacation in Cali, but am driving back home tomorrow. Already received a PM from Dreavus and replied.

Jiggy, it put a smile on my face that you're trying to keep some sort of statistics for this time. The Dojo-thread stat-tracking legacy lives on!

Nabster92

here's some stats for my game with kinosen:

1st game: Yoshi's Island(brawl) Me(Ike) vs. kinosen(Diddy) - I win
2nd game: Battlefield Me(Marth) vs kinosen(Diddy) - I win

Pretty close matches though. I was behind a stock on both of them until my last stock I think

1st, 2nd, and 3rd Match: Kirby (Scottnak) vs. Link (Killa Sasa)
Yoshi's Island (Sasa wins), Lylat Cruise (Scottnak wins), Halberd(Sasa wins)

I think a lot of people do have at least one other character up their sleeve, but if all the matches are pretty close, feel like they should just stick to their guns.

/mindless conjecturing

Jiggy

It's just interesting to me, considering how if I only survive long enough to get seven total matches in the tournament, I might very, very likely pick a different character for each of those. There are nine total characters I'd say I trust myself with enough to use in a competitive setting, and only three of those I'd call on the borderline of non-trust.

Aladuf

Banned
Jiggy37 said:
I'm pretty surprised by the number of people who stick to one character.

I have to play as one character, whenever I try another one out I just completely flop...idk why.

Firestorm said:
Just sign up in the sign up topic (or hell here, it doesn't matter at this point) and I'll put you in as a sub.
All right, then. I'd like to be a sub, please :D (S'that mean I'll play people who didn't get a reply PM from their should've-been opponents?)

truendo

Well, JIGGY, It's time for my predictions. I predict, in the first round you will win. This will boost your confidence. After that you'll go into the second round and get OWNED. You'll think that since you mastered statistics, you've mastered Brawl. That will not be the case and you will die. OR you will bring out
jigglypuff
and own. Then, I will be sad that you will always prevail and I will always not... GRH I am jelous of your skills!

This is mostly a joke post.(non-spoiler)
which isn't as good as Jiggy's was!

Top Bottom