• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Games of 2017

Triteon

1. Crackdown 3: the first one was great, the second not so much but I am so curious about this release.

2. Red Dead Redemption 2: do I need to explain?

3. Persona 5: Everything I've read sounds like its amazing.

4. Sea of Thieves: Like most of the rest of the list I'm just really curious.

5. Yakuza 0: I've had a Japanese copy of this sitting out for over a year I really want to be able to play it properly.

6. Shenume 3: This would be number one if I thought it was actually coming out, but its on the wiki list noted in the OP so it makes my list too.

7. Southpark The Fractured But Whole: I really liked the last one.

8. Agents Of Mayhem: I'm hoping this is some kind bait and switch Saints Row. Again its mostly curiosity.

9. Zelda Breath Of The Wild: It looks like Nintendo are trying some new things here, I hope they pull it off and bring me back into the fold.

10. Dawn Of War 3: this is sort of a known commodity, so not terribly interesting but if it grabs me its likely to be my most played game of the year.

Mik2121

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Red Dead Redemption
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Destiny 2
5. Uncharted Lost Legacy
6. Star Wars Battlefront 2

Right now there are some other games that I'm looking forward to but haven't been confirmed for 2017 as far as I know, so I'm leaving them out. Some are way higher than some of the titles I listed here, too.

Brix

1. Horizon Zero Dawn

2. Nier Automata

3. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite

4. Red dead redemption 2

5. Persona 5

6. Gravity Rush 2

7. Resident Evil 7

8. Nioh

9. Nino Kuni 2

10. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Amazing year bruh...

lawtowler

1 - Shenmue 3 : The game I never thought would happen. Literally a dream come true

2 - Horizon Zero Dawn : Looks absolutely stunning, cannot wait get immersed in it

3 - Ni No Kuni 2 : The sequel to my favourite JRPG since FFX. Looks incredible

4 - Mass Effect Andromeda : Cannot wait to get back in to the ME universe

5 - Red Dead Redemption 2 : Loved RDR, did not finish it. Will make up for that with 2

6 - Sonic Mania : As a childhood Sonic fan, this is another dream come true for me.

7 - God of War : the RPG elements make this look a lot more appealing to me

8 - Uncharted The Lost Legacy : Huge Uncharted fan, very intrigued to see what this entails.

9 - Resident Evil 7

10 - South Park, Factured Butt Whole : This is going to be hilarious!

I believe Destiny 2 will release next year, however as it has not been officially announced I won't put it on my list. If it was announced then it would be in at number 2.

1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. Resident Evil 7
3. Persona 5
4. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
5. For Honor
6. Mass Effect Andromeda
7. God of War
8. Nioh
9. Sniper Elite 4
10. Ghost Recon Wildlands

1. Battletech - Shadowrun was done great by Harebrained, so im expecting a rock solid mech srpg.
2. Zelda - seems to be the next (maybe right) step for the series
3. first gamepump game

Too many games still to play, so there are just a few.

Melchiah

4k6xiuz.png

• Demos
  • Expansions
  • Games that do not have a confirmed 2017 or 'TBD' 2017 (estimated window) release date. Kingdom Hearts III, WiLD, God of War, Spider-Man, Cyberpunk 2077, Detroit: Become Human, etc
  • Games that are not officially announced yet. New Mario Switch game, etc

People voting GOW and Detroit should read the OP.

Renekton

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. Ni No Kuni 2
3. Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite
4. Resident Evil 7
5. Gran Turismo Sport
6. Persona 5
7. Divinity: Original Sin 2
8. Nier Automata
9. Shenmue 3
10. Destiny 2

1. Red Dead Redemption 2
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Crackdown 3
  4. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard.
  5. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  6. Sea of Thieves

2. For Honor
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
5. Scalebound
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Final Fantasy XII Remaster

The last 3 are games I can't talk about yet... and they likely would be higher on my list too

BaWGgO3.gif

Zyrox

Hmmx I feel like this timing is a little unfortunate, so close before the Switch event, but eh, what can you do.

1. Persona 5
AkihikoIvebeenwaitingforthis.jpg Really though, I've been waiting for this ever since I've finished Persona 4 Golden in 2013, and the wait already feels like an eternity (I know a lot of people have been waiting even longer, some since 2008 even, crazy). It has been my most anticipated game for quite a while now and at this point, I just want to get my hands on it. The delay stung a bit, but eh, what can you do.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breathof the Wild
Another game I've been hotly anticipating for years, this one also suffered a few delays. Zelda is a franchise very near and dear to my heart and this is shaping up to be a great entry in the series. And I will be able to take this game, Nintendo's biggest game to date with me on the go. That's kinda insane to me but amazing nonetheless. Can't wait.
3. For Honor
Never would I have thought I'd be listing an Ubisoft game here and up this high but here we are. For Honor is a rather unique take on the fighting game genre basically and judging from the Alpha it is amazing. Got everything you'd want in a fighting game, footsies, pressure, mindgames, spacing, baiting and punishing...and every encounter with an opponent feels really intense. I've loved what I played of the Alpha and I implore every Fighting game fan to check this one out. I can already say it's great.
4. Tekken 7
After a long time, the wait finally seems to be over as Tekken 7 comes to consoles in 2017. This one is shaping up to be a great entry in the franchise judging from all the hours of arcade footage I've watched.
As a fighting game fan I am really excited for this one and to finally get back into some good old Tekken. And though we've had to wait a long while for this, at least this game seems to be fully featured from the get go with plenty of stuff to enjoy for all kinds of players. I'm definitelly getting ready for the next battle.
5. Nioh
Speaking of Alphas, this game also had a great one and put this game on my radar. It definitely shares some of its DNA with the Souls series but puts its own spin on things. Love the setting, love the enemy designs, love the combat that seems to be really deep and combines Souls with a more string based system from character action games like Ninja Gaiden. I already know this is gonna be one of the greats and that feels good to know.
6. Nier Automata
So, I haven't played the first Nier but from what I've heard around the interwebs it was praised for the story and panned for its gameplay.
Well, this one definitely seems to fix the latter as Platinum games, one of my favorite developers, is handling the bulk of development.
Trailers make it look like what you've come to expect from P*, a crazy ride full of fast-paced action. So even if the story should somehow suck (which, judging by the predecessor story's reception, it shouldn't) there's still a nice good ol' Platinum game to be enjoyed here and I'm always up for those.
7. Yakuza 0
Probably the game I'll be starting this year off with, Yakuza is just a really great franchise and I'm always up for more. Loved 4 and 5 with their crazy drama and over the top cheesy cutscenes and countless "it was actually me, Dio!" sort of moments. Yakuza stories are always crazy and entertaining rides and I'm personally always up for those. Not to mention the brawler style gameplay is simple yet really satisfying. Always feels good to literally wipe the floor with some schmuck's face. Definitely ready for more action with my man Kiryu.
(Side note: Crazy and amazing that we are getting Y6 AND Kiwami. Thanks to whoever made that happen)
8. Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom
I enjoyed the first NnK. Not my favorite game, but it was still really enjoyable. So I'm definitely in for the second one. Love the artstyle and it seems like they refined the combat which wasn't the first game's strongest suit. That makes me optimistic. Hopefully NnK 2 manages to eclipse its predecessor to truly become one of the greats.
Visually it definitely will be. Here's hoping the rest matches up to that.
9. Dragon Quest XI
Love Dragon Quest and I'm excited to see more of this next big mainline entry. The reason this is so low is, well, we haven't seen much of this yet. Hoping we'll get to see more of this soon.
10. Yooka-Laylee
Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie are some of my favorite games of all time so to see a spiritual successor pop up made by a lot of the original talent responsible for the Banjo games is really the stuff of dreams. All I've seen of it looks really nice and I have utmost confidence the team will deliver something great. Can't wait to hop around in colorful worlds to some fantastic Kirkhope tunes again.

This list might look a little (a lot?) different after January 12th/13th.

Peroroncino

1. Nioh: I played alpha and beta for about 30 hours if not more, this game's combat shits on everything that isn't a slasher, even Soulsborne series, and the fedual Japan theme with oni [demons] is right up my alley.

2. Yakuza 0: I always was a huge fan of the series, so the renewed intreset Sega has in the west with it has me ecstatic, epic fights, awesome cutscenes, emotional story, silly side content, this game has everything I need. By far my favorite exclusive series on Sony's platforms.

3. State of Decay 2: A sequel to the best zombie survival game in history of gaming? Well sign me up.

4. Scalebound: Kamiya himself said he always wanted to play a game where you can befriend a dragon and fly on its back, that means he's invested in it more than your usual game director, add the fact that he didn't make a game that I disliked yet, and day one purchase is pretty much a guarantee.

shira

1. South Park
I mean I'm anticipating it, but I'm not buying it at launch title prices.

Switch shit seems interesting but if they are $70-80 CDN then no.

1. WipEout Omega Collection
3. Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite
4. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
5. Sonic Project 2017
6. Ace Combat 7
7. Ni-Oh
8. Yakuza 0
9. Gran Turismo Sport
10. NieR: Automata

Sonic is a confirmed game coming 2017, so it counts, right? I didn't see anything about provisional titles in the rules.

So yeah, I can barely contain my hype for anything WipEout. And really, most games on the list are dreams come true. I especially never expected Crash to come back like it has, or Ace Combat and Marvel VS Capcom to still be a thing in 2017.

I would also probably place Mario Switch near the top of the list, but hey, not officially announced yet.

newjeruse

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Persona 5
3. MLB The Show 17
4. Gran Turismo Sport
5. Ni No Kuni 2
6. Nioh
7. Nier: Automata
8. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
9. Resident Evil 7
10. Hot Shots Golf

DNAbro

I think I've seen this around GAF before but went and checked out the kickstarter page after seeing this post.
Seems they didn't make the goal for a Vita release.
So is the plan now PC/Mac/3DS, or have they decided on anything else?

They haven't announced anything else and 3DS release is a bit dubious.

Frimaire

1. Persona 5:
Love Persona 3 and 4. Plus the game looks amazing visually.

2.Yakuza 0:
Been wanting to get into the Yakuza series for a while now, but didn't because I don't have a PS3 and the PS2 games are really expensive now.

3. Yakuza: Kiwami:
See above.

4. Nier:Automata:
This would probably be higher on the list if I had actually played the first one. Heard lots of great things about it, though. Also Platinum.

5. the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild:
Looks like an big open world game that I might actually enjoy.

1. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Horizon Zero Dawn
4. Mass Effect: Andromeda
5. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

2. For Honor
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Scalebound
6. Horizon Zero Dawn

The last 3 are games I can't talk about yet... and they likely would be higher on my list too

Oh, you...

Out of sheer curiosity, how much higher are we talking about?

2. For Honor
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Scalebound
6. Horizon Zero Dawn

Damn you, Harker! Not literally, of course.

1. Persona 5
2. Danganronpa V3 : Killing Harmony
3. Gravity Rush 2
4. Digimon World: Next Order
5. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8
6. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
7. Sonic Mania
8. Ni no Kuni II
9. Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap
10. Tokyo Xanadu

I could probably name another 10 I'm looking forward to as well, even if a few get delayed it should be a really strong year.

Afro

1. Destiny 2
2. No Truce With The Furies
3. Little Nightmares
4. DiRT 4
5. Outlast 2
6. What Remains of Edith Finch
7. Forza 7
8. Routine
9. Blue Volta

x. Agony
x. Dujanah
x. Thimbleweed Park
x. Overland
x. Vokabulantis
x. Trüberbrook

2. Nier: Automata
3. Prey
4. Battle Garegga
5. Gravity Rush 2
6. Resident Evil 7
7. Nex Machina

And that's about it for me. I'm sure the Switch presentation is going to change the list big time. Mario Switch, Yoshi Rabbids Fire Emblem (if it ends up looking good), Wave Race (if it exists), Retro's game (if it's 2017) would probably all rank above everything except Nier and Zelda.

Hell, if there is a new Wave Race and it's what I want it to be, I'd put that above Zelda.

2. For Honor
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
5. Scalebound
6. Horizon Zero Dawn

SHHHIEETTTTT

Mr. Harker making it hot!

Szadek

1. Nier Automata : Nier with combat from Platinum Games sounds like a dream scenario that would never actually happen, but somehow will.
2. Persona 5 : 3 and 4 are fantastic, this game follows in the same
3. Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue : Finally moe KH, has been quite a while since we got a new game. 3D HD is also cool I guess
4. Ni-Oh : Since they removed my one big problem with the game (weapon degradation), I'm very exicted for the game
5. Ni no Kuni II : The new game seems to fix the one gameplay problems the first game had, so this should be an exellent game
6. Vampyr : Life is strange was a huge leap from Remember Me and I think thier are ready for this game
7. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age : The improvements from the original game make this one of the best FF games.
8. South Park: The Fractured But Whole : It's the cloest thing to an poper Paper Mario game we will get any time soon and possibly ever.
9. Resident Evil 7 : I'm a huge fan of horror games, but I'm a bit worried about this game
10. Horizon: Zero Dawn : It looks really cool on paper, but I'm not a big fan of the MH games, so this game might fall flat for me.

Infest

1. Persona 5
2. Dragon Quest XI [Not sure if it counts though, it "kinda" has a 2017 release date but only in Japan]
3. Ni No Kuni II
4. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
5. NieR Automata
6 South Park: The Fractured But Whole
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Gravity Rush 2
9. Scalebound
10. NioH
11. (In case DQ XI doesn't count) - Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD

AerialAir

Banned
tumblr_inline_mpot3mdVwF1qz4rgp.png

1. Persona 5
3. Nier: Automata
4. Dragon Quest XI
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Red Dead Redemption 2
7. Gravity Rush 2
8. Mass Effect: Andromeda
9. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
10. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

x. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

yurinka

2. Resident Evil 7
3. God of War
4. Wipeout Omega Collection
5. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
6. Gravity Rush 2
7. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
8. Nier: Automata
9. Below
10. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Honorable mentions: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Red Dead Redemption 2, Sonic Mania, Ni-Oh, Rime, Cuphead, Scalebound

Detroit: Become Human and Days Gone would be in my top 10 but I think they will be 2018 games.

1. Persona 5: How could it not after all this time? This was a great year for JRPGs and Persona looks to keep that train a rolling into 2017^^
2. Ni-oh:This generation has been the first time I have really fallen in love with the Souls games, so one of my new favorite genres plus one of my favorite settings? Yes please^^ I have already put in near 20 hours across the Alpha and Beta!
3. Mass Effect Andromeda: The Mass Effect games are among my top ten of last generation and all I want is a new crew in a new galaxy on my new PS4 Pro^^
4. Resident Evil 7: I do not usually like horror games, but I have always had a soft spot for Resident Evil and the shake up looks to be what the doctor ordered~^^
5. Horizon Zero Dawn: The writing has me a little worried, but man those visuals in an open world and that setting is really all I need right now.
6. Nier Automata: I was late to the Nier train, and by the time I did the gameplay was showing its age. Automata looks to bring that great world and merge it with a fighting system that is really good enough to stand on its own.
7. Valkyria Revolution: Oh, boy! While not the sequel many hoped for, I just want to spend more time in that world, even with a new cast. Lord willing, the delay was to add some more strategy elements that go well with the new action focus. Xbros, here is your chance to prove you will support JRPGs!
8. Nino Kuni 2: That first game really helped redeem an otherwise slump of JRPGs in the PS3 era and I cannot wait to visit that world again.
9. Red Dead Redemption 2: To be honest, this should probably be higher, but I was one of those guys who (while recognizing its quality) really did not like GTA 5 due to its characters and story. That is kind of a dumb thing to hold against Red Dead, but until we get to see and hear more, I am keeping hype in the "trust but verify" mode.
10. Pyre:
Bastion and Transistor are easily in my top tep best indys of all time, so this is a no brainer^^♡

Honorable mention: Destiny 2. Will likely be my GOTY, but not official yet, so a no go for this list. Oh! And Yakuza Kiwami (already own Zero Korean version, but am waiting on the English Kiwami^^) All the Kingdom Hearts will be day one was well~^^

2. Resident Evil 7
3. God of War
4. Wipeout Omega Collection
5. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
6. Gravity Rush 2
7. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite
8. Nier: Automata
9. Below
10. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Honorable mentions: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Red Dead Redemption 2, Sonic Mania, Ni-Oh, Rime, Cuphead, Scalebound

Detroit: Become Human and Days Gone would be in my top 10 but I think they will be 2018 games.
You realize God of war isn't eligible, right?

Nestunt

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 : Easy. My favourite game from last generation gets a 2 after its name.

2. Nioh : I always wanted FROM to try (again) medieval Japan. Well, this is the best I can count on for now. I also wanted a new Onimusha, so...

3. Horizon Zero Dawn : Tech and machines rule over the world but it's a metaphor for Nature? Sign me up!

4. NieR Automata : Ready for a "back to form" Platinum.

5. Persona 5 : This game would have been number 2 on this list if Final Fantasy XV was not as good as it is. I don't know if "AAA" turn-based JRPGs are needed anymore.

6. Prey : I did not like the original. But, man, that trailer at the Game Awards. Uf.

7. Tekken 7 : The bonkers story mode.

8. Mass Effect Andromeda : I don't know if I am ready for another Mass Effect game after playing 3 of those in the last 9 years. But, hey, I really liked 1 and 2.

9. Uncharted The Lost Legacy : Same logic as the above.

10. WipEout Omega Collection : The last one I played was XL. I don't like racers but that one was really good.

I don't know. I am not that hyped for my own list. Hopefully the year ends up being surprising.

Sarek

1. Torment: Tides of Numenera : This game has the potential to be the game from 2017 RPG fans remember 20 years from now. Has pretty much all the original PS:T writers and on board and few ones like George Ziets.

2. Persona 5 : Still waiting... I think this game has been in top10 in all of the most anticipated votes. A definite day one purchase still.

3. The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd : Trails has probably the best realized world of JRPG games. Happy to see yet another entry finally hit the western shores.

4. Mass Effect: Andromeda : BioWare hasn't really been a hotstreak lately. But ME setting is nice deviation from the normal fantasy setting most RPGs go for, and I've liked all the ME games so far.

5. Nier Automata : I haven't actually played Nier yet, even though I own it. But the weird setting has always intrigued me. I should probably place Nier instead since I ain't playing this one before I finish the original game.

6. Valkyria: Azure Revolution : Unique gameplay and quite unique setting. Hopefully this game doesn't stray too far from its origins.

7. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom : Same story as with Nier. Own the original haven't played it yet. Really like the look of the game. The look is on the opposite end of Nier's though going for cutesy and tradiotional.

8. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age : Owned this game on PS2 and never finished it. Now is my chance to correct that mistake.

9. Tales of Berseria : Don't have too high expectations, but the word of mouth from importers has been positive at least.

10. Vampyr : This game hadn't actually really even been on my radar, but many people mentioning it got me to watch some trailers and gameplay which look interesting enough. Also like the dark setting.

Interfectum

2. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  3. Red Dead Redemption 2
  4. Mass Effect: Andromeda
  5. Gwent
  6. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
  7. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  8. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  9. Horizon Zero Dawn
  10. Star Wars Battlefront 2

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
1. Persona 5: The style is so strong with this game, I think I could just listen to the soundtrack and look at the menus and I'd be in heaven.

2. Torment Tides of Numenera: An old school CRPG with what looks to be a really awesome story set on earth 1 billion years in the future. Anything is possible.

3. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite: Marvel time baby! I'm excited to see the rosters and stages which show up. The gems returning seem awesome and I am hopeful that the 2v2 format shakes things up.

4. Ni No Kuni II Revenant Kingdom: the first game is an underappreciated gem, and the second looks even better.

5. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age: Another gem that I can't wait to play

6. South Park The Fractured But Whole
7. Wipeout Omega Collection
8. Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky 3rd (PC)
9. Battletech
10. Bloodstained Ritual of the Night

Not sure if the last two count but I am excited for them anyhow. So if they don't oh well.

DemoCracy

1. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  2. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
  3. Syberia 3
  4. Red Dead Redemption 2
  5. Sonic Mania
  6. Prey
  7. Outlast 2
  8. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  9. Horizon Zero Dawn
  10. State of Decay 2

_Ryo_

Don't have a ps4 yet but still excited to see these games released

1. Shenmue III
2. Persona 5
3. Dragon Quest XI
4. Ni no Kuni II
5. A Hat in Time
6. Yooka-Laylee
7. Yakuza 6
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn
9. Resident Evil 7
10. Gravity Rush 2

Edit: looking through the thread it seems that Persona 5 is in almost every list... it's gotta win this year.

Krigaren

2. Nioh
3. Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord
4. Divinity: Original Sin 2
5. NieR: Automata

dumbnumb

Neo Member
1. Horizon Zero Dawn
2. Persona 5
3. Ni-Oh
4. Mass Effect Andromeda