• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Votes: Most Anticipated Games of 2017

1. Persona 5: After playing ~30 hours of the Japanese import I decided to stop as the game was so good I didn't want to treat it as both a study aid and entertainment. I have no doubt that P5 is going to be my GOTY for 2017.
2. Nioh: I'm a huge Souls fan and the demo was fantastic. It was different and new enough that I had that "I'm bad but I want to git gud" feeling that I got when I first played Demon's Souls.
3. Red Dead Redemption 2: I've never played a Red Dead game, but man that teaser trailer got my hype level up. I want to explore those environments.
4. Yooka-Laylee: Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie are some of my favorite platformers of all time, so this is a no-brainer.
5. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom: I loved the vibe, art, and soundtrack of the first game, but the combat wasn't that great. I haven't been keeping up with NNK2 info, but I'm really hoping they learned from their mistakes.
6. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: I'm pretty burnt out on the Zelda formula, but from what I've seen this has the potential to pull me back in.
7. Nier: Automata: The combat looks really enticing... so stylish and fluid.
8. Resident Evil VII: I wouldn't say I'm the biggest RE fan in the world, but I'm looking forward to having a heart attack in VR.
9. Routine: I've been following this one for a really long time, and I'm really craving a sci-fi game set in space.
10. Horizon: Zero Dawn: It's real pretty.

I've thought a lot about this...

1) Horizon: Zero Dawn. Really don't know what to say that hasn't been said at this point, but I think for me, the reason why its #1 is the "new-ness" factor of it all. I feel like I just haven't seen a game like this before. The world and setting, the dinos and the way you interact with them, it simply looks like nothing else out there. This game simply captures my imagination like no other game on this list, almost reminding me of the first time I played pokemon. Not to mention the absolutely gorgeous presentation, and mechanics that look supremely fun and polished not just for an RPG, but any type of game period. There are questions regarding dialogue/writing, as well as the mission design, but I'm expecting the overall package to be no less than good.

2) Red Dead Redemption 2. RDR 1 was a top five game of the last generation for me, and there's something incredibly exciting about this being Rockstar's first game on current gen consoles. I'm not convinced it'll be out in 2017, but having it on my list, and this high, is mandatory for me.

3) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I don't think the world excites me the way the worlds in Horizon and RDR2 will, but I'm convinced that the freedom in the gameplay will be something like we've never seen before. I really think this game has a chance to shake the gaming industry from a gameplay perspective, and I can't wait to see how it'll turn out.

4) Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Uncharted 4 is probably in my top 3 games this generation. I'm really excited to see what the new team at ND will bring here, and I love that they went with Chloe. Also, it graphically looks even more stunning than U4, which is always a plus.

5) Resident Evil 7. God, I can't even remember the last time we got a big, AAA horror game. This game gets a spot on my list simply because it's filling a niche I'm craving, and it seems inspired by RE1, aka one of the best games ever. I have faith that Capcom is going reinvigorate this series once again, and I truly hope it turns out as amazing as it can be.

6) Ni no Kuni II. This game simply has charm. It looks wonderful, seems like it will have a terrific cast of characters, and will hopefully have an intriguing world/setting. If L5 can get the combat right, I truly believe this game has a chance of being one of the greats.

7) Mass Effect Andromeda. I am really hoping that this game puts Bioware back on the map for me, as I really haven't been feeling their past few games. The footage they've recently shown though looks terrific gameplay wise, so I'm hoping they can nail the characters and dialogue.

8) Crash N-Sane Trilogy. This game is looking gorgeous and so fun to play. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it holds up - I have such fond memories of Crash 2 especially.

9) Wipeout Omega Collection. I'm really in the mood for a particular arcade racer, and I absolutely love Wipeout. It has such a unique style, vibe, and soundtrack. The sense of speed in Wipeout HD was especially amazing, and even though I played that game for a crazy amount of time, I can't wait to go back. Not to mention, it also includes 2048 which I never played. Then there's Zen mode. Yeah.

10) Prey. I am a sucker for story driven single player FPS'. I'm probably more hyped for the potential of this game rather than what they've shown, but I'm crossing my fingers it turns out to be amazing.

Andrew J.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : Lifelong Zelda fan here, already hyped by what scant information was out before this year. The E3 trailer showed off a huge, expansive world with tons of freedom and challenges. I was a bit worried about the world feeling too lonely, but the Game Awards trailer assuaged those concerns.

2. Persona 5 : The presentation of this game looks and sounds amazingly stylish. The word of mouth from the import and Japanese audiences has also been amazing. I got sucked into P3 and 4, and look forward to the same happening with 5.

3. Scalebound : Hideki Kamiya's new project, an Okami-sized action adventure with dragons and monster. Sign me the heck up!

4. Nier: Automata : Revengeance combat by Platinum, with RPG mechanics and and a more open world. I'm not personally familiar with Yoko Taro's writing, but I hear it can be very affecting, and I'm going to try to play through the first Nier before Automata comes out.

5. Mass Effect Andromeda : Bioware's proven they know how to make Mass Effect combat feel really good, and I'm confident the new mechanics and ability systems will improve the experience even more. Combine that with a new story in a fresh setting, with somewhat lower stakes and less baggage, and you have something I'm looking forward to very much.

6. Gravity Rush 2 : The original had a unique central mechanic, an intriguing urban world to explore, and a cast of unique characters with mysterious pasts that went frustratingly unexplained. Hopefully when we go back to Kat and friends we'll all get some answers. It's a little annoying that DLC will be needed to finally play as Raven, but I won't pretend that I won't be downloading it as soon as possible.

7. Dragon Quest XI : The next mainline edition in the OG JRPG series. DQ hasn't had a mandate to create a real visual spectacle since VIII, but now it's happening in HD.

8. Hiveswap : These last three I all backed on Kickstarter. Been a big MSPA fan for years, and I can't wait to get back to that world and experience more of Andrew Hussie's comic writing.

9. Cosmic Star Heroine : A somewhat more serious offering from Zeboyd, the extra time and care that's gone into this makes me hopeful for something really special.

10. Yooka-Laylee : The Banjo games were never my favorites back in the day, but the creators obviously have a lot of passion for this project, and this is a game with a genre and style that's sorely underrepresented today.

1. Mass Effect: Andromeda
2. Persona 5
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Red Dead Redemption 2
5. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
6. Prey
7. Vampyr
8. Torment: Tides of Numenera
9. Tacoma
10. South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Eblo

1. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild: It's Zelda. It's my favorite video game series. My sixth sense is telling me that it will be the leap that Ocarina of Time was in 1998, and my hunch has yet to be wrong. Also, this game would further help justify my Wii U purchase
    :(
  2. Persona 5: I like Persona 3 and Persona 4. A lot. Like, a lot a lot. This game looks to be on the next level from what I've seen. After so many delays and spoiler dodging, I can finally digest this stylin' piece of awesome. maybe there could be another delay so it doesn't collide with yooka-laylee
  3. Sonic Mania: Seems like it's nailing everything one could want from a Sonic game. It looks good, has good music, and is just plain pretty.
  4. Danganronpa V3: Danganronpa quickly and stealthily became one of my favorite series ever. Not only that, but V3's appearance at PSX cements the franchise's presence in the West.
  5. Kingdom Hearts 2.8: Kingdom Hearts is my second favorite video game series, and we've not had a new game like 0.2 in too long. I am ready for kh3 ground zeroes
  6. Sonic 2017: I loved Generations, so I'm putting my blind faith into this.
  7. Uncharted The Lost Legacy: Uncharted is good. Chloe was denied her limelight in Uncharted 3, and she just plain didn't appear in 4. It's time for her return. #BringBackCutter
  8. Yooka-Laylee: Only Kickstarter I've backed to date. I enjoyed the demo enough. Game gives me really good vibes. I grew up with Banjo-Kazooie, and I've got a 3D platformer craving that needs satisfying. Yooka-Laylee is the answer.
  9. Gravity Rush 2: Gravity Rush was another one of those stealth great games that the Vita seems to foster. This game looks like the logical next step. It also comes with a much sought after Raven story, and it's free.
  10. Crash Bandicoot: I'm not 100% looking forward to this, but it seems like a nice PS4 exclusive to justify my console and pad out my 10 list.

how many games in this thread were also nominated last year lol

Busaiku

1. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild : Not always the biggest fan of open world games, but always a fan of The Legend of Zelda. The timeline theories make it seem more interesting than ever.
2. Danganronpa V3 Killing Harmony : After The End of Hope's Peak Academy, I really wanna see how ludicrous they make things now.
3. Tokyo Xanadu : After The Legend of Heroes Trails of Cold Steel, I am looking forward to any more traditional RPG from Falcom. It has a great look and I can't wait.
4. Dragon Quest VIII Journey of the Cursed King : It took me like 5 years to beat the game on PS2 initially, but now that it's on a handheld system, I might finish it in the same year. No random battles is amazing.
5. Story of Seasons Trio of Towns : Since Harvest Moon A New Beginning, the series has just hit an excellent stride. I loved Story of Seasons and Return to PoPoLoCrois A Story of Seasons Fairytale, and this looks to further improve things.
6. Ever Oasis : The game honestly looks pretty generic, but the character designs and world have such a charm to it, that I cannot help but be enthralled.
7. Monster Hunter XX : I skipped Generations specifically for the expanded version.
8. Persona 5 : The game itself is actually super appealing, but I have little desire to play it on a TV. I'll likely get the PS3 copy, but I don't really see myself playing it. Will spoil myself though.
9. Akiba's Beat : It seems much more generic than Akiba's Trip, and probably takes itself too seriously, but it'll be great to traverse Akihabara again.
10. Fire Emblem (mobile) : We know absolutely nothing about it, but Nintendo said they'd get it out in the first few months, and it's still Fire Emblem. This counts!

1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild

3. Horizon - Zero Dawn

4. Ni No Kuni II

5. Persona 5

6. South Park - Fractured But Whole

7. Mass Effect Andromeda

8. What Remains of Edith Finch

9. Gravity Rush 2

10. Resident Evil VII

Wozman23

1. Cuphead: It's been on my radar for what seems like forever.
2. Vane: Enamored by the initial trailer and the new reveal looked interesting too.
3. Shape of the World: Backed on kickstarter.
4. Little Nightmares: Been on-board since the initial Hunger trailer.
5. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Awesome idea, but I'm still a bit hazy on the gameplay/genre.
6. Rime: I still want to believe it is what the initial trailer shows it is.
7. Nex Machina: I was on-board the second Housemarque said they were collaborating with Eugene Jarvis.
8. Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice: Whether it's Heavenly Sword, Enslaved, or DmC, Ninja Theory continues to impress.
9. South Park: The Fractured But Whole: The first was equally hilarious and fun.
10. Dreams: It's more nebulous than Mm past games, but I trust them.

If God of War or Spiderman are 2017, they easily make the cut.

Esque7

1. Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Sonic Mania
3. Dragon Quest XI
4. Sea of Thieves
5. Cuphead
6. Animal Crossing Mobile
7. Yooka Laylee
8. Nioh
9. Nier Automata
10. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

Zelda looks to be all I will ever need in gaming, and Animal Crossing Mobile has the potential to be amazing. I don't have a PS4 and likely won't get one in 2017, but the PS4 games I listed are looking like must plays for me at some point.

1. Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 3rd
2. Persona 5
3. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. NieR: Automata
5. Red Dead Redemption 2
6. Yakuza 0
7. Horizon Zero Dawn
8. Gravity Rush 2
9. Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 ReMix
10. Yakuza Kiwami

Musolf815

1. Persona 5: I have been waiting so long for this. This has been my #1 for like the past 3 threads, I am weary but still hyped, it still looks like smashing Sly Cooper into Persona, which sounds like a dream game to me.
2. Gravity Rush 2: I adore the first one for its artstyle, music, writing, and Kat, and I can't wait for more.
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: There's a huge feeling of excitement about this game, I don't know if it can live up to it but the ride has been fun so far.
4. Night in the Woods: I think this was the first KS game I backed, I can't wait to explore that town and the writing seems really on point so far.
5. Dangan Ronpa V3: DR2 got me through a really rough point in my life. I looove the look of the new protagonist.
6. Shenmue III: I got into Shenmue way late (like a year before 3 was announced) but I loved the games so much, they really resonated with me. I'm really excited that it's finally happening.
7. Mass Effect: Andromeda: I need more Mass Effect.
8. Horizon: Zero Dawn: Looks incredible, setting looks great. Love Aloy's design.
9. Red Dead Redemption 2: The first one was so special, and I've been itching for a new Rockstar experience this generation.
10. Star Wars Battlefront Sequel: I'm a sucker for anything with Battlefront on it, and I think they're gonna build on the base of 1 like crazy.

Ravage

1. Horizon: Zero Dawn
2. Persona 5
3. Kingdom Hearts HD II.8
4. Digimon World Next Order
5. Yakuza 0
6. Yakuza Kiwami
7. Nioh
8. Gravity Rush 2
9. Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 ReMIX
10. Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System

Jay-T

1. Persona 5
2. NieR: Automata
3. Mass Effect: Andromeda
4. Danganronpa V3 : Killing Harmony
5. Pyre
6. Cosmic Star Heroine
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Resident Evil 7
9. Gran Turismo Sport
10. Prey

Banned
1. Persona 5
2. Tekken 7
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Danganronpa V3
5. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
6. Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy

1. Persona 5 - really struggled between this and BotW as #1
2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
3. Resident Evil 7
4. Cuphead
5. Sonic Mania
6. Friday the 13th - I can't help it, I've wanted a good slasher multiplayer game for years
7. Red Dead Redemption 2
8. Night in the Woods
9. Pyre

I couldn't think of anything that excited me enough for the 10th spot.

GNOSIS

1. Persona 5 - It's about damn time.
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn - One of a few western RPGs I'm interested in.
3. Ni no Kuni II - I haven't played the first one but this one seems great.
4. Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky 3rd - Still on my way through the 2nd one but I love this series.
5. Final Fantasy XII Remaster - I will finish this game this time.

Simzyy

2. Persona 5
3. Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Horizon: Zero Dawn
5. Kingdom Come: Deliverance
6. Crash Bandicoot
7. Mario Switch
8. Digimon World: Next Order
9. Gwent: The Witcher Card Game

1. Need for speed 2017 - I absolutely love the reboot in 2015. The game had its flaws, but the core of the game was a solid 9/10 for me. Have high hopes for the sequel. 2 years dev time to build from that base should be goodness awaits

2. Gran Turismo Sport - with the latest comments that it Will have a sp campaign makes me hyped. Mostly due to nostalgic love to the franshice. I still know the cars Will handle like refregerators and sounds like vacuum cleaners

3. Star wars battlefront 2 - If this game comes with all content from 1, with additional maps and SP for all modes I Will love it

4. Wipeout Omega Collection - Already have all the games but cant wait to see how they perform on new gen hardware considering wipeout hd already looked liked gen 8. 1080p 60fps 3d mode please

5. Ace combat 7 - only game in the genre I played Before is Joint strike fighter on pc some 15,years ago. Pumped to get back Into the cockpit

Basketball

1. Red Dead Redemption 2
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Red Dead Redemption 2
5. Red Dead Redemption 2
6. Red Dead Redemption 2
7. Red Dead Redemption 2
8. Red Dead Redemption 2
9. Red Dead Redemption 2

sh1fty

2. Persona 5
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
4. Nioh
5. Ni No Kuni 2
6. Cosmic Star Heroine
7. Yooka-Laylee
8. Red Dead Redemption 2
9. Horizon: Zero Dawn

N.A

Banned
1. Shenmue III - I doubt it will make 2017 but this is my most wanted game ever so it has to go top.
2. Persona 5
3. Yakuza 0
4. Yakuza Kiwami
5. Mass Effect: Andromeda
6. Horizon: Zero Dawn
7. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
8. Red Dead Redemption 2
9. Crackdown 3
10. Nier: Automata

Stealth50

1. Ni-Oh
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn
  3. Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild
  4. Red Dead Redemption 2
  5. Prey for the Gods
  6. Knack 2
  7. Dauntless
  8. Gran Turismo Sport
  9. Nier - Automata
  10. Resident Evil VII

Shin-Ra

1. Gravity Rush 2
2. Uncharted The Lost Legacy
3. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
4. Ni no Kuni II Revenant Kingdom
5. Resident Evil 7 biohazard
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Yakuza 0
8. Gran Turismo Sport
9. WipEout Omega Collection
10. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

31628376466_b5408e5d44_o.png

1. Gravity Rush 2
2. Uncharted The Lost Legacy
3. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
4. Ni no Kuni II Revenant Kingdom
5. Resident Evil 7 biohazard
6. Horizon Zero Dawn
7. Yakuza 0

Rather surprised to see a list that includes Gravity Rush 2, Ni no Kuni II, and Yakuza, but no Persona. (No offense, just interesting)

Turn-based not your thing?

Shin-Ra

Rather surprised to see a list that includes Gravity Rush 2, Ni no Kuni II, and Yakuza, but no Persona. (No offense, just interesting)

Turn-based not your thing?
I don't think I consciously ever stopped liking turn-based combat but maybe, mechanically nothing's grabbed me about the games.

Stylistically it stands out but I almost find it sickly, a bit superficial perhaps.

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Yooka-Laylee
3. Sonic Mania
4. Nier: Automata
5. Animal Crossing (mobile)
6. The Nonary Games
7. South Park: The Fractured Butt-whole

Because the Switch presentation is 2 weeks after the polls close and the rule set in place, there probably will be some serious discrepancy (at least for Nintendo fans) between the eventual 'best games of 2017' thread vs. this expectations thread.

creid

1. Persona 5
2. Trails in the Sky The 3rd: Need more Kisekiiiii
3. NieR Automata
4. Yakuza Kiwami
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

1. Persona 5: Been anxiously waiting for this for so long, since I finished P4 Golden
2. Horizon Zero Dawn: The concept of robo dinos, quests and beautiful landscape are exciting to me
3. Danganronpa V3: Big fan of the series
4. Ni No Kuni 2 Revenant Kingdom: Loved the first one and this looks amazing
5. Uncharted The Lost Legacy: Huge uncharted fan
6. Red Dead Redemption 2: Rockstar is an amazing developer. GTA V is my first game from them but I absolutely loved it
7. South Park The Fractured but Whole: This looks so fun, and funny
8. Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5: Love the first one but somehow did not play the rest.. Can't wait
9. Resident Evil 7: Big fan of RE.. Cautiously optimistic as I generally do not play First Person games..
10. Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild: Looks beautiful. Though I haven't played Zelda before, am looking forward to this being my first one.

Honourable mention:
Mass Effect Andromeda, Kingdom Hearts II.8, Nier Automata, Yooka Laylee, Gravity Rush 2, Ni-oh, Yakuza 0, Tales of Berseria, Vampry, Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy, Tokyo Xanadu, Scalebound, Digimon Next Order, Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age

Twelvy

Surprisingly it was quite difficult to make a list of 10 games I really anticipate

Base list
1. Persona 5: I still haven't played Persona 4 but I love Soejima's work, the OST seems awesome, the overall design too. Also the game comes with japanese voices, and I totally support that.
2. NieR: Automata: NieR + Platinum
3. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Not sure I will play it since I don't plan to buy a Switch (for now)
4. Gravity Rush 2: it looks really good from the trailers. If they fix the small issues of the first one, it should be great
5. Danganronpa V3: only for the story
6. Horizon Zero Dawn: maybe a Guerrilla Game I will like
7. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom: I really liked the first game but please create a party AI (it's not about fixing it, because there wasn't any in the first place)
8. Gran Turismo Sport: I hope it will be good, but I still have faith
9. Cuphead: I don't know if I will play it (only have a PS4 and no PC), but it looks cool
10. Resident Evil VII

honorable mentions
UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Red Dead Redemption 2
Valkyria: Azure Revolution

Unconfirmed for 2017
Final Fantasy VII Remake, but it's not confirmed yet
Miegakure: been waiting for years now
Below
Manifold Garden

Reading this thread, I noticed some interesting games I forgot
Cosmic Star Heroine
Little Nightmares
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games

Unconfirmed and likely not 2017
Shenmue III (2018 or even later)

1-Horizon Zero Dawn
2-Red Dead Redemption 2
3-Uncharted Lost Legacy
4-Tekken 7
5-Nier Automata
6-Yakuza Zero
7-Nioh (Because it is difficult)

Neifirst

1. Resident Evil 7: the beginning hour sufficiently creeped me out and gave me hope that Capcom can again successfully relaunch the long-running series. I'm seriously considering getting a PSVR just for this game (and Rez Infinite).

2. Horizon Zero Dawn: still nervous that this will end up being an Assassin's Creed knock-off, but I love those robo-dinos and it will look stunning on Pro in 4K.

3. Yakuza 0: haven't played a game in the series since 3, but I'm ready for any title that goes back to the '80's. Bonus: playable arcade cabinets of Space Harrier & OutRun!

4. Persona 5: Atlus had me at the menu screens with this one. I hope they improved the dungeon designs.

5. Nier Automata: in the minority here probably, but I'm most nervous about Platinum's involvement since I'm not very good at games like Bayonetta, but as long as the soundtrack's as good as Nier's I'll be happy.

6. Ni-Oh: I didn't play the beta, but it looks like Onimusha, so I'm in.

7. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age: got about 70% through the PS2 version and hit a wall, but I'm eager to give it another go having played through both Xenoblade entries, which were at least a little bit similar combat-wise

8. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild: tbh I haven't really been that impressed with the demos so far, but there's no reason to doubt that it will be a great game

2. Final Fantasy XII Zodiac
3. Danganronpa V3
4. Persona 5
5. Nier: Automata
6. Ni-Oh
7. Dragon Quest 8 3DS
8. Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix
9. Southpark Fractured but Whole
10.Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom

Loudninja

2. Nioh
3. Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
4. Resident Evil VII
5. Prey
6. Kingdom Hearts 2.8
7. Uncharted: Lost Legacy
8. Mass Effect Andromeda
10. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Skeeter49

1. Gravity Rush 2 : Really excited for this, honestly it's crazy how this went from a game I thought looked pretty lackluster, to my most anticipated game of next year. My main worry had always been the controls, they looked so confusing before i played GR Remastered, but they clicked instantly and now I'm so excited for this game without the worry of it controlling terribly.

2. Horizon Zero Dawn : I think Horizon will be a great game. I think it has a lot of potential, and the only worry right now seems to be the quest pacing and the story, which I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I think the story looks interesting from what we've seen.

3. Persona 5 : Think this has been the third year in a row Persona 5's been my third most anticipated game. Loved Persona 4, this looks to be improving on everything about

4. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : Nintendo is doing their best to keep their games off this list, but that isn't stopping Zelda. Looks like everything I'd want from a new and improved Zelda game. This could be something special.

5. Nioh : The beta and alpha were at such bad times, school wise, but from what I played I really enjoyed it. It's looking good, and the main question is if they can sustain the difficulty throughout the game.

6. Ni No Kuni 2 : This could have been higher up on my list, if Bandai would remaster this on PS4. Never played the first one, but it always looked good, and I love the art style.

7. Scalebound : I have my reserves with Platinum's games, but this looks like to be their biggest game, and it looks really good. Can't wait.

8. Yakuza 0 : I never played a Yakuza game before, but they look interesting, and I always hear great things about them, can't wait to finally experience one.

9. Crackdown : Never played Crackdown 1 or 2, but people see to like them a lot, and it looks like a lot of fun.

10. Resident Evil VII : Diehard Resident Evil fan, with 2 and Code Veronica X being my favorites, have hated 5 and 6, but 7 seems to be returning to what made the series great, what made it special. While changing perspectives is a bit saddening, I care more about them maintaining the survival horror than them changing perspectives.

Sony and Nintendo making this list so much harder that it needs to be for not dating their games, or waiting until January to announce them.

HM's: Uncharted The Lost Legacy: It'd be on my list. But it doesn't feel right putting DLC on there.
Yakuza Kiwami: Can't really be as excited for that without playing 0.
Nier Automata : If I'm going with interesting Platinum games, Scalebound is much more interesting and unique.
State of Decay 2 : Need to play the first one to be excited for it.

theecakee

1. Persona 5 : Still VERY hyped for this game, I loved Persona 4 and can't wait to see more. At least this year it looks like this will be the last time it takes my #1 spot for real this time lol.

2. Red Dead Redemption 2 : Also really enjoyed Red Dead Redemption, it's been bit overdue for a new one and will absolutely buy this. I hope the story is as good as the first one. I don't think it comes out this year though, and gets delayed :(

3. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom : First game I got a plat in. I'm probably in the minority for putting this so high but idk I really liked Ni No Kuni. It was relaxing with the post-game stuff and the grind and the art style was amazing. The story was my biggest complaint with the last one, but it looks improved for this. I don't think it comes out this year though, and gets delayed :(

4. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony : I'm a little skeptical of this, but if it has a killing time story then I'm down. I really didn't like where the story went in 2, I thought it was kind of cliche and dumb. I love the killing school time game though, it's so neat. The characters are great, and it really sucks when they die...but it's also a lot of fun to like guess who will die next. I didn't like Another Episode at all, I thought it was just...bad took out the best part about DR. I don't think it comes out this year though, and gets delayed :(, in the west at least.

5. Horizon: Zero Dawn : I welcome any RPG like this, especially something unique like this with what seems to be interesting characters. Seems awesome. I put it lower because well, all the games above it I've been waiting for a LONG TIME. I'm kind of glad in a way Persona 5 got delayed...so I can play this. I'm just skeptical of new IPs always, and I haven't been a fan of what Guerilla has put out (Killzone). Though everything I see about this is awesome.

6. Mass Effect Andromeda : I didn't finish ME3, I forget why I stopped. I never saw the infamous ending. I think Andromeda they are totally doing right by Mass Effect to start new. It's been long enough that I welcome a new Mass Effect game. If this came out as Mass Effect 4 like 2 years after ME3...I don't think I would have been about it. I loved ME2 quite a bit. SO I guess it's been 6 years since I played a full ME game.

7. Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy : I'm iffy on this, but I welcome it at least for crash 2 and 3. I never played crash 1 (but I guess this would be a better time then ever too). I wasn't really on the Crash Remasted bandwagon though, I felt like Crash has aged fine of all PS1 games. Spyro however looks like dogshit now and needs the remaster more, but I guess Crash is more popular.

8. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild : I've never been a big Zelda guy, I played one of the DS ones but other than that. This looks neat though, it looks a lot like Ni No Kuni so I'm down for that (or I guess really Ni No Kuni looks a lot like Zelda). I think if I end up getting a Switch or Wii U, I'd like to try this out.

9. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy : Tbh, I'm not that excited to see a new Uncharted, but a story involving Nadeen and Chloe I'm totally down for, that seems super neat.

10. Crackdown 3 : I liked Crackdown 2, it was a fun little short game to play. So I'm kind of interested in Crackdown 3, if it comes out for the PC I'll probably get it. Though...this is kind of like scrapping the bottom of the barrel to fill this list lol.

Of the three I said I think gets delayed (RDR2, NNK 2, and DRV3) I think DRV3 has the best chance to come out, then NNK2, then RDR2...I mean I like to be wrong but I feel like they may be delayed.

silva1991

1. Persona 5 : Persona 4 managed to be on of my favorite games of all time let alone best JRPG. It's only natural that this will be my most anticipated game.

2. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom : Loved the first one and this one looks even better.

3. Gravity Rush 2 : a sequel to the best super hero game.

4. Horizon: Zero Dawn : The devs never made a game that interests me and I'm a bit worried about the overall quality, but what I saw was fantastic and promising so far.

5. Ni Oh : I played the beta for maybe over 15 hours. I know I will love it.

6. Kingdom Hearts 2.8 : I'm only interested in 0.2. It's pretty much KH: Ground Zero, but better because it's KH.

7. Nier Automata : The first game had good story and great music, but average everything else. With Platinum games they are taking it to the next level.

8. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild : looks like a good game, but Zelda have never been that great for me and that's why it's not so high on my list.

9. Scalebound : I love Kamiya and i love Platinum games, but i can't be very excited for a game if they barely show anything from it for almost a year or more.

10. Red Dead Redemption 2 : Th first big Rockstar game baby.

gfxtwin

1. Red Dead Redemption 2 - Finally. Been waiting for ages to dive back into the most legit western game series.

2. Resident Evil 7 - This is shaping up to be my favorite RE game since REmake. The first person perspective is a welcome change IMO.

3. Prey - At first I didn't care because it looked lamer than Prey 2. Then the info about the actual game was released and it got my hyped.

4. Horizon Zero Dawn - Looks like the most gorgeous and fun action RPG since the Witcher 3. Day one.

5. Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age - never finished it on the PS2, so there's that. Also it looks gorgeous and I remember it having some of my favorite gameplay and music in a FF game.

6. Persona 5 - Will be my first Persona game and looking to see what all the hubub is about.

7. NiOh - Honestly, given how it looks like a blend of Ninja Gaiden and Onimusha it would normally be my #1 or #2, but kinda worried it will be too difficult, but we shall see after I pick up the game!

Faceache

1. Persona 5
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Mass Effect Andromeda
4. Nier Automata
5. Horizon Zero Dawn
6. Resident Evil VII
7. Nioh
8. Dawn of War 3
9. Divinity Original Sin 2
10. Star Wars Battlefront 2

1. Shenmue 3
2. Mass Effect: Andromeda
3. Red Dead Redemption 2
4. Resident Evil VII
5. Manifold Garden
6. Prey
7. Tacoma
8. Tekken 7
9. Sonic Mania
10. Horizon: Zero Dawn

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
1. Nier: Automata
2. Horizon: Zero Dawn
3. Nex Machina
4. Resident Evil VII
5. Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age
6. Persona 5
7. Uncharted: Lost Legacy
8. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
9. Wipeout: Omega Collection
10. Vane

robotnik

1. Tales of Berseria
2. Nier: Automata
3. Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
4. Dungeon Travelers 2-2; JP only
5. Persona 5
6. Resident Evil VII
7. Ys Origin
8. Kingdom Hearts 2.8
9. Danganronpa V3
10. Operaion Babel

SJRB

Gold Member
1. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands
2. Red Dead Redemption 2
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
4. Uncharted
5. Prey
6. Gravity Rush 2
7. Nier Automata
8. Mass Effect Andromeda

...this was a surprisingly difficult list to compile. Aside from that top 3 I actually had to scroll through the thread for titles I couldn't think of from the top of my head.

Alo0oy

Banned
1. Nier Automata ; Since Devil May Cry is dead, and God of War sacrificed its genre, I'm looking forward to Nier Automata and hope it succeeds. EDIT: After playing the demo, I'm moving this to #1, holy shit it's amazing.
2. Nioh ; Since there is no Souls game releasing next year (for the first time since 2013), Nioh is my current most anticipated game, I didn't play the alpha or beta, but a lot of people I trust liked them. EDIT: Moved to #2.
3. Horizon: Zero Dawn ; Finally a Western RPG with good gameplay, it frustrates me how RPGs get away with godawful gameplay and terrible animations, I really hope Horizon sets a trend here and Bethesda/CDProjekt/BioWare get off their ass and fix the gameplay in their next games.
4. Mass Effect: Andromeda ; Looking forward to how the series evolves.
5. Red Dead Redemption 2 ; Rockstar never disappoints.
6. Persona 5 ; I haven't played the previous ones, but the hype is getting to me.
7. Crash Bandicoot: N-Sane Trilogy ; I've been waiting years to go back to Crash, and the remaster would be an awesome way to go back to it.
8. Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom ; My favorite PS3 JRPG was NNK, so I'm looking forward to the sequel.
9. Gran Turismo Sport ; Just stop talking about it and release it already.
10. Resident Evil 7 ; Looks boring, I wanted the series to return to its roots in the vein of the first trilogy, not outlast. But it's Resident Evil so I'm excited.

Honorable mentions:

- Uncharted Lost Legacy ; I know it qualifies because it's standalone and not just an expansion, but UC4 was very disappointing and a huge drop off in quality from Naughty Dog, so I'm cautious.
- Dark Souls 3 DLC ; It would have been on my list if it qualified.

Top Bottom