• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf's first NeoCosplay Thread. Muahahaha

Piscopink

GreekWolf said:
That is... holy shit... is she made of porcelain??

Not sure, maybe Photoshop'ed a bit... but she is amazing looking.

Here's some more:

1129115205230.jpg

1129115205231.jpg

1129115205232.jpg

1129115205229.jpg

1129115205227.jpg

1129115205233.jpg

JUNIOR MEMBER FOR LIFE!

Iwata

Banned
Crocodile said:
Kodama-2006_052.jpg

Non-Black Face Barret for FTW. I mean he doesn't exactly fit the part but at least he looks good and isn't an embarassment to the human race like those other Barrets in the thread were.

How is he not black?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
momolicious said:
i dont think white guys fit in any major cosplay category. what do white guys fit into? i think thats the problem why they look out of place every single time

in games and anime, they barely have any generic white looking guy

Almost all anime characters are "white" guys. Admittedly non of them are generic, but there aren't too many Japanese dudes with voluminous yellow hair and enormous blue eyes.

G-Fex

Oh man I forgot about white eyes.

I remember the other day I saw some random guy not at all nerd looking wearing a damn shiny thing on his head, at first I thought they were bret hart glasses and then I saw it was a damn naruto headband. I don't know what clan he was from though. Amazing, i'm going to start wearing my headband to work.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
G-Fex said:
Oh man I forgot about white eyes.

I remember the other day I saw some random guy not at all nerd looking wearing a damn shiny thing on his head, at first I thought they were bret hart glasses and then I saw it was a damn naruto headband. I don't know what clan he was from though. Amazing, i'm going to start wearing my headband to work.
:lol I saw a couple guys around here (downtown LA and Chinatown) with Naruto headbands on. None of them looked like your typical anime nerds and in fact one had tattoo sleeves and what looked like even a couple teardrops.

gconsole

Stinkles said:
Almost all anime characters are "white" guys. Admittedly non of them are generic, but there aren't too many Japanese dudes with voluminous yellow hair and enormous blue eyes.

No, Almost anime character are mix between the best of what asian and western could be. It's not 100% white nor 100% asian . If you can see from the face or body size. One of the easiest example is just try to imagine cute big eye japanese girl with yellow hair and blue eyes. That's how the anime character is. It's not the japanese want to be the 'white' , just soemthing they think it is cool such as blue eye or non-black hair ;)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, the doll girl is scary, Elena is amazing, but damn - Rice King bait quota is just about met for this thread! :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Schafer said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/loopz/Strictly%20Cosplay/Purple_tentacle.jpg

Holy shit, that`s my friend Mason in the background! What Anime con is that from?!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Stinkles said:

Too bad, "Japanese" cosplayers look better as those "white" anime characters, than real "white" guys.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Since this thread keeps getting bumped I think I'll post my two favorite I've seen recently...

:lol I think Viewtiful Joe was a guy I went to high school with. Sure looks a hell of a lot like him and he was nerdy enough to cosplay.

Top Bottom