• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Super Bash Sisters Tournament! 3DS ver. | No Males, Femme Fatales Only

new page

Entrants (reconfirmation check)
1. Geminosity
2. IntelliHeath
3. random25
4. Anth0ny
5. Josephl64
6. Masked Man
7. Feltrol
pls
8. Zubz
9. KHlover
10. Moonlight
11. JoeInky
12. Poltergust
13. emb
14. chip123
15. kuroneko0509
16. J@hranimo
17. Fireblend
18. Anura
19. Kyzon
20. PikaED
21. Axass
22. Storm Kyleis
23. Kriken
24. NoctisLuna
25. Benzychenz
26. Cosmic Dreams
27. DrStiles
28. Escalario
29. georly
30. OricWindstar
31. Muzy72
32. Hyperactivity
33. Spinosaurus
34. scottnak
35. Makai
36. Speedwagon
37. MisterWisp
38. RomanceDawn
39. Sponge
40. Metaroo
41. HawthorneKitty
42. VGM

Subs
1. Cedric
2. Nabster92
3. Jamix012
4. Zyrox
5. Conor_Fool
6. Necromanti
7. chaosblade
8. MGrant
9. Spirit Icana
10. astrogamer
11. SalvaPot
12. jrDev
---------------------- (after 10 PM PST)
13. jackal27
14. RadioJoNES64
15. Jrs3000
16. Falawful
17. georgetheplushie

Entrants that posted earlier in the thread
1. justchris
2. Bjoern the Smexy
3. Krustentier7
4. Hot Coldman
5. Dimitri LH
6. StayDead
7. The Great Gonzales
8. SuperSah

total: >64, now what?

Since Batty is on mobile, I'll be running the tournament in his stead. First things first, we should check to see how many people are left to participate. Please quote this post and say "I'm in" if you'll be playing so we can get this started on time.

I'm in
Friend code btw:
0232-8972-6515

sooooo... how does this work now then? My opponent isn't 'in' it seems so I'm guessing by 'update the bracket' the good professor means they'll be reshuffling it so it's only people who are still in, rather than just updating it with the results of said fights? :eek:

scottnak

Since Batty is on mobile, I'll be running the tournament in his stead. First things first, we should check to see how many people are left to participate. Please quote this post and say "I'm in" if you'll be playing so we can get this started on time.

Oh Hey... I hadn't seen this thread yet. Reconfirming.
Ready to grab an easy win Feltrol? :p

(edit: I hope you get your technical issues worked out though... )

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.

I'm in.

5258 - 0580 - 8862 | Amy | PST

hmmm.....

what do you guys think about running Swiss rounds before going to a double-elimination bracket? (sort of like Pokemon, but with double-elimination instead of single-elimination at the end)

hmmm.....

what do you guys think about running Swiss rounds before going to a double-elimination bracket? (sort of like Pokemon, but with double-elimination instead of single-elimination at the end)

I don't mind swiss personally. Stops that potential situation of being put up against the best players twice and getting put out early :p

emb

Swiss would be best in a format where the seeding is mostly random.

But that would add a lot of extra matches, and some already take days due to time zones and schedule constraints.

Swiss would be best in a format where the seeding is mostly random.

But that would add a lot of extra matches, and some already take days due to time zones and schedule constraints.

well it basically is for this right :p

anyway I was thinking it might take too much time, but if you set strict time limits per round (i.e. 3 days per round?) it shouldn't be too bad (6 rounds of Swiss)

Sponge

Banned
I'd love to join if there's still spots left!

Name: Jake
FC: 3222-5579-4788
Timezone: Eastern

I'm free on Weekdays at 7 pm and Weekends I'm free all day.

Jamix012

well it basically is for this right :p

anyway I was thinking it might take too much time, but if you set strict time limits per round (i.e. 3 days per round?) it shouldn't be too bad (6 rounds of Swiss)

6 sounds excessive. That's 18 days of just seeding people. I reckon 3 would be enough to get a decent idea of where everyone is at.

6 sounds excessive. That's 18 days of just seeding people. I reckon 3 would be enough to get a decent idea of where everyone is at.

how would you seed people in one round of Swiss

you do know that only the top (8/16, haven't decided in case this is implemented) people advance to the double elimination bracket right?

Jamix012

how would you seed people in one round of Swiss

you do know that only the top (8/16, haven't decided in case this is implemented) people advance to the double elimination bracket right?

I didn't say one round, as I agree, that's not enough. But 3 rounds should give a rough idea. Though if you plan to only plow forward with the top 8/16 for the double elimination I guess it makes sense to have more. I thought you'd be doing 32 for the double elimination after a few round of swiss and just basically using the swiss to get a rough seeding so the best people don't play each other early on.

Edit: I'm pretty sure Challonge does not do swiss either
Double edit: Ignore me! They do swiss

hmm if we can get a full 64 person bracket, drop the Swiss idea (I brought it up to avoid the issue of byes)

I think we can too, since Batty wants to keep the 8 guys that posted earlier in the thread

oops I forgot to include georly, sounds like the someone on the list is out

edit: ok so I think this is the probable roster

1. Geminosity
2. IntelliHeath
3. random25
4. Anth0ny
5. Josephl64
6. Masked Man
7. Feltrol pls
8. Zubz
9. KHlover
10. Moonlight
11. JoeInky
12. Poltergust
13. emb
14. chip123
15. kuroneko0509
16. J@hranimo
17. Fireblend
18. Anura
19. Kyzon
20. PikaED
21. Axass
22. Storm Kyleis
23. Kriken
24. NoctisLuna
25. Benzychenz
26. Cosmic Dreams
27. DrStiles
28. Escalario
29. georly
30. OricWindstar
31. Muzy72
32. Hyperactivity
33. Spinosaurus
34. scottnak
35. Makai
36. Speedwagon
37. MisterWisp
38. RomanceDawn
39. Sponge
40. Metaroo
41. HawthorneKitty
42. VGM
43. justchris
44. Bjoern the Smexy
45. Krustentier7
46. Hot Coldman
47. Dimitri LH
48. StayDead
49. The Great Gonzales
50. SuperSah
51. Cedric
52. Nabster92
53. Jamix012
54. Zyrox
55. Conor_Fool
56. Necromanti
57. chaosblade
58. MGrant
59. Spirit Icana
60. astrogamer
61. SalvaPot
62. jrDev
63. jackal27
64. RadioJoNES64

subs:
1. Jrs3000
2. Falawful
3. georgetheplushie

#43-50 need to confirm themselves again

Pikma

Banned
What the hell? why? I was never in doubt, the moment I contacted Bat to say I wanted to participate is because I commited to doing so, why the hell should I be out for not checking in a day before the tournament? I've been having pretty rough days because I was doing my best just so I could have these next days free and now I'm out.

Sigh...

I have been checking the brackets nonstop as well, and have seen I've had my opponents changed twice, I've been also training non-stop with Peach just for this.........

Top Bottom