• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament #2

Masked Man

I said wow
OliveJuice (Falco) over Masked Man (Lucas) at Halberd
OliveJuice (Falco) over Masked Man (Peach) at Smashville

Losing in the losers' bracket, while depressing, is understandable when faced with an opponent like Olive. Once again, my hatred for the Space Animals only grows stronger. :lol Good games!

Nabster92

Nabster (Marth) over Mugwhump (Falcon) at Yoshi's Island
Nabster (Marth) over Mugwhump (Falcon) at Pirate Ship

Ultimate counterpick backfire. Hit him into two boat spikes and the other two kills were spikes as well.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Relix vs. Mugwhump
Relix vs. Mugwhump (Pirate Ship)

Both used Luigi and C. Falcon respectively. Yay! =P

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Iam Canadian (R.O.B) over Arol (Toon Link) on Battlefield.
Iam Canadian (R.O.B) over Arol (Toon Link) on Smashville

Aside from a horrid lag spike in round two, these were a couple of excellent games.

Arol

Iam Canadian said:
Iam Canadian (R.O.B) over Arol (Toon Link) on Battlefield.
Iam Canadian (R.O.B) over Arol (Toon Link) on Smashville

Aside from a horrid lag spike in round two, these were a couple of excellent games.

Ahh sorry meant to post earlier but something came up and I had to run out for a while.

Two of the best games I've played this tournament which I had the misfortune of losing. Really hope we can play again in the next singles(if anymore are going to be done) or casuals if you're up to it.

I'll definitely up my game against ROB.

Crimmy

Round 3

Crimmy (Snake) vs Yeb (Snake) Battlefield
Crimmy (Snake) vs Yeb (Metaknight) Hanenbow

awesome games Yeb. I most definitely got lucky on Hanenbow

yeb

Crimmy (Snake, Snake) over yeb (Snake, Meta Knight) 2-0; Hanenbow

Awesome games, but Crimmy keeps the title of best Snake. Hanenbow failed me though, I couldn't even get a Snake rematch.

edit: thought I refreshed o_O

Iam Canadian

yeb said:
Awesome games, but Crimmy keeps the title of best Snake. Hanenbow failed me though, I couldn't even get a Snake rematch.

Anyone who can win using Snake on Hanenbow is truly a terrifying force to be reckoned with.

Crimmy

Iam Canadian said:
Anyone who can win using Snake on Hanenbow is truly a terrifying force to be reckoned with.

I really got lucky tho. He controlled the whole match and he ended up fallin up my C4 at the top. Had he not made that mistake it would have easily been a different outcome.

Our matches with Snake aftterwards were also awesome. Lot of "DBZism" in there with the canceling and simultaneous move sets.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Stages to beat Crimmy on:

Shadow Moses - Check
Hannenbow - Check

Gotta keep those chances up! :lol

Crimmy

Relix said:
Stages to beat Crimmy on:

Shadow Moses - Check
Hannenbow - Check

Gotta keep those chances up! :lol

Now why you gonna lie like that :lol . If I win, you're going to make someone counterpick Shadow Moses when you kno damn well I haven't lost there....yet.

Hanenbow on the other hand was definitely a smart choice. Again, I seriously got lucky. Even the first match in battlefield was real close. Easily could have been me in the losers bracket right now.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Crimmy said:
Now why you gonna lie like that :lol . If I win, you're going to make someone counterpick Shadow Moses when you kno damn well I haven't lost there....yet.

Hanenbow on the other hand was definitely a smart choice. Again, I seriously got lucky. Even the first match in battlefield was real close. Easily could have been me in the losers bracket right now.

I can fight you near equally on Shadow Moses and beat you there. Every 10 matches... but yeah =P

JCX

Relix (Luigi) over JCX9 (Zelda/Sheik) on Battlefield (Mila were you trying to make me lose?)
JCX9 (Falco) over Relix (Luigi) on Norfair
Reliix (Luigi) over JCX9 (Olimar) on Shadow moses

All were very close (except when I two stocked relix :D )

Threi

notag
I didn't know Droid forfeited :O

I will play my matches against you Vanish when i recover. (Who the hell catches a cold in July?)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Loser's reporting!

Phantom_Flapjack (Ness)over Halycon (Ganondorf) Halberd
Halycon (Falco) over Phantom_Flapjack (Ness) Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Phantom_Flapjack (Ness)over Halycon (Toon Link) Onett (HE HAD HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE OKAY?)

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Halycon (Ganondorf) over ICallItFutile (Lucario) Delfino
Halycon (Falco) over ICallItFutile (Lucario) Final Destination (Brawl)

And that was my last singles match. I will not be joining Singles 3 since I've lost waaaaaaaaaaaay too many times. No point trying anymore.

Threi

notag
Vanish (Wolf)over Threi (G&W) on Final Destination
Vanish (Wolf) over Threi (G&W) on Smashville

GGs. I knew my G&W was getting too predictable, my friend (who is also a wolf user) did the same thing to me the other day. My fault really.

Nabster92

Nabster (Marth) over Vanish (Wolf) at Battlefield
Nabster (Marth) loses to Vanish (Wolf) at Final destination (Damn you FD ledge DAMN YOU!!!!)
Nabster (Marth) over Vanish (Wolf) at Rainbow Cruise (Yes I did exploit my down tilt on the boat, but I probably took just about as much damage I gave him in constantly trying to do it before it happened so it kinda evens out.)

Dreavus (Metaknight) over Hatchet Man (Mr. Game and Watch) Battlefield
Dreavus (Metaknight) over Hatchet Man (Mr. Game and Watch) Delfino Plaza

Good games Dreavus.

Kinosen

Neo Member
Jiggy(Pit) over Kinosen(Diddy) on Battlefield
Jiggy(Zelda/Sheik) over Kinosen(Diddy) on Final Destination

Pretty great games, especially the second one, quite epic.

Jiggy

Amazing set of matches, Kinosen, especially the second one. :eek: Diddy/Pit on Battlefield hit over seven and a half minutes, and Diddy/Zelda hit over eight and a half... And these aren't exactly campy stages. :lol Incredible banana insanity.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot I turned into Sheik in that second match... It was a total accident that really would have cost me if you weren't already at like 150% or something, but what the hey, I'll factor it into my stats anyway. <_<

Crimmy

Round 4

Crimmy (Snake) vs Nabster (Marth) Deffino
Crimmy (Snake) vs Nabster (Marth) Rainbow Cruise
Nabster (Marth) vs Crimmy (Snake) Rainbow Cruise
Crimmy (Snake) vs Nabster (Marth) Final Destination

all great games. and very close

JCX

Al (Fox) over Scottnak (Kirby) on halberd
Scottnak (Kirby) over Al (Fox) on bridge of eldin
Al (Fox) over Scottnak (Kirby) on norfair

Jiggy

Crimmy said:
Round 4

Crimmy (Snake) vs Nabster (Marth) Deffino
Crimmy (Snake) vs Nabster (Marth) Rainbow Cruise
Nabster (Marth) vs Crimmy (Snake) Rainbow Cruise
Crimmy (Snake) vs Nabster (Marth) Final Destination

all great games. and very close
Just to be absolutely clear that my understanding of the counterpick workings in this situation holds up... I'm reading this as meaning that Nabster counterpicked Rainbow Cruise, then he counterpicked Rainbow Cruise a second time, then you counterpicked Final Destination. Is that how it went down? <_<

Nabster92

Yea I had a solid lead the first time on rainbow cruise, which means nothing to a snake in the midst of invisible walls and delayed jumps from falling blocks. So I did it again and won that time.

Crimmy

Nabster92 said:
Yea I had a solid lead the first time on rainbow cruise, which means nothing to a snake in the midst of invisible walls and delayed jumps from falling blocks. So I did it again and won that time.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

all the games were very close and could have went either way

Crimmy

ruffles said:
You always say that Crimmy, and you always end up winning.

Its true though. Every match was close except for maybe the last one on FD. Luck can only carry you so far; its bound to run out of gas soon.

Iam Canadian

Crimmy said:
Its true though. Every match was close except for maybe the last one on FD. Luck can only carry you so far; its bound to run out of gas soon.

Exactly; luck is what makes any of our matches with you close. Once it runs out, we're screwed. :D

Threi

notag
kwouken (Snake) over threi (G&W) Deffino
kwouken (Snake) over threi (G&W) Final Destination

good games, and i am out of the tourney.

ONTO TEAMS!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Iam Canadian said:
Exactly; luck is what makes any of our matches with you close. Once it runs out, we're screwed. :D

He uses Snake... that gives him more than enough luck :D

JCX

Phantom Flapjack(Ness) over Al (Fox) on battlefield
Phantom Flapjack(Ness) over Al (Fox)on norfair

scottnak

Halycon[Ganondorf] over ScottNak[Kirby] @ Delfino
Halycon[Toon Link] over ScottNak[Kirby] @ Halberd

Halycon wins 2-0!

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Relix (luigi) vs. IamCanadian (ROB)
Relix (Toon Link) vs. IamCanadian (ROB) Battlefield
Relix (Toon Link) vs. IamCanadian (ROB) Norfair

Epic matches indeed :D

Iam Canadian

Incredibly epic. Great games. At least I went out spectacularly.

Sorry to everyone who wanted me to win. I tried my best. :( Also, best of luck to all of you. Especially you, Jiggy. We'll take the next team tourney, definitely. :D

Top Bottom