• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF's Top 10 Most Anticipated Games of 2014

FourMyle

I'm actually surprised Dark Souls II is that high.

I'm burnt out on that formula and don't see myself touching another Souls title for at least a decade.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Where's The Fucking Last Guardian?

itoblhy3usob3vtiq5.gif

Deadbeat

Banned
When people voted for Halo 5, do they mean the excitement of seeing more cod elements added to destroy the franchise, or do they really expect a good halo game? Because Im all for watching a trainwreck from a distance.
The Witcher 3 really?
I'm not complaining but that's really odd.
We hardly talk about it on NeoGaf it seems.
Bioware fucked up. People need a replacement.

FluxWaveZ

Heh, surprised Titanfall is that low and that Destiny's so high.

I'm sure Persona 5 would have been higher if it weren't for the fact that the game is unlikely to release outside of Japan this year.

Despera

Banned
Great list, but surprised Destiny is that high.

Man... Can't freaking wait for Dark Souls II. Best part is I haven'y played DS for a while and probably lost my edge, so once DSII hits I'll have to get my skills up to snuff yet again while getting my ass kicked along the way.

Awww man can't fucking wait.

wildfire

Banned
Impressive how many Wii U games are anticipated and Bayo 2 almost beat out Metal Gear for 10th.

The Wii U will struggle but it just might do a lot better this year than last year sales wise.

I don't get the appeal of Order 1776 or whatever they want to call it. Even the CGI trailer left me cold and the gameplay snippets didn't leave a good impression on me either.

The excitement for this single game baffles me.

It's amazing how much steam Watchdogs lost.

inm8num2

Rime looks amazing. Between that and The Witness, maybe adventure/puzzle games will pick up some new fans in this generation.

Heh, I'm barely aware of the top three's existence to be honest. Glad to see the number one exclusive is Second Son though.

Cd Projekt really has the chance to make it big on next-gen consoles with The Witcher 3, which is all the more impressive for an Eastern European company that started this trilogy using the modified Neverwinter Nights engine. Let's hope they can deliver. And that they can find an effective way to welcome new players to the series.

The Witcher? LMAO

Dark Souls was fucking robbed. Shame on you GAF. At least now we have a good way to separate the men from the children.

Kuroyume

Banned
Wow. It's official, Halo is dead. 18th place behind small time stuff like Persona and games I've never even heard of.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Guess I missed the vote thread but this is a good list and almost mirrors my own minus the WiiU games because I don't own one.

What's so funny about it?

I played The Witcher 2 and Dark Souls is what's so funny. The games are so far apart in quality they shouldn't be that close to eachother, let alone with Witcher on top. Maybe if Dark Souls 2 was PS4/XB1/PC.... goddamn you Japanese developers lagging behind on tech.

kswiston

Heh, surprised Titanfall is that low and that Destiny's so high.

I'm sure Persona 5 would have been higher if it weren't for the fact that the game is unlikely to release outside of Japan this year.

Lots of Sony Fans on the site (As evidenced by the Order being in the Top 10), and Destiny is the big new shooter IP that will be on both consoles. Makes sense to me.

Drake

Great job man. It looks like this was a lot of work. Glad to see everyone is so excited about the Witcher.

FluxWaveZ

Lots of Sony Fans on the site (As evidenced by the Order being in the Top 10), and Destiny is the big new shooter IP that will be on both consoles. Makes sense to me.

Haha, I heavily doubt it has anything to do with NeoGAF being a site full of "Sony fans." Not to mention Titanfall is releasing on the PC. Is X above Titanfall because NeoGAF is also full of Nintendo fans?

Wow. It's official, Halo is dead. 18th place behind small time stuff like Persona and games I've never even heard of.
I'm sure it'd be higher actually if we were closer to release and actually had media of it (gameplay videos, vidocs, etc). As it stands now, the CGI trailer from last year and one piece of concept art is all we have at the moment.

cj_iwakura

I'm sure it'd be higher actually if we were closer to release and actually had media of it (gameplay videos, vidocs, etc). As it stands now, the CGI trailer from last year and one piece of concept art is all we have at the moment.

I think it's low because of the exclusivity.

Riposte

I have my doubts all of these games will land in 2014. Quite a few I want to check out, if not the grand majority of them.

Haha at people being upset at who won or who got up high. Crazy!

The_Monk

Amazing thread, thank you for all your work shinobi!

I can't wait for Dark Souls II, had it on the PS3 since day one but never finished it until I played one more time but on PC this time. It sure took me a long time but it was so worth it to see those credits rolling.

The Witcher 3 is going to look amazing too, but I also hope they can have a good soundtrack. They always nailed in that department too. Overall I think 2014 is going to be, yet again another good year for us, fellow GAFfers! :)

Top Bottom