• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Canada increasing prices $1-2/month

pestul

I haven't seen news either way, but I'd assume it'll be aired on a cable network. A different CBS Access-exclusive show, the Good Fight, was aired in Canada on the W Network (or something like that) and I don't recall it showing up on any streaming services... Though it was on Telus' weird on demand thing for free after airing; not sure if that was due to having the channel as a cable subscriber or what.
Thanks, I just checked and we're getting it on CTV and on Space. Funny how it will be easier to watch in most of the world than in the US.

Geist-

Out of curiosity, how does the pricing match currency inflation over time since they started the streaming service?

As streaming services inevitably get worse and/or more expensive, I wonder if this slows down the amount cord-cutting?

Naw, most cord cutters I know sub to netflix and pirate everything else. Cord cutting is still going to go up just on how easy it is to run a HDMI from your laptop or PC to the TV.

This news would bother me more if I hadn't already replaced my Netflix subscription with a Crave TV/Shudder combo several months ago.

Kind of reminds me of that weird Gaffer who said he'd be okay with a price increase because he wanted to give his money to Netflix to help pay their debt.

Top Bottom